Dwarf

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
karacha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Dwarf

Unread postby karacha » 29 May 2006, 01:34

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/538

karacha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Dwarf

Unread postby karacha » 29 May 2006, 01:34

Famous Dwarves: Bruenor Battlehammer. :) I think this needs no explanation.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Dwarf

Unread postby Orfinn » 29 May 2006, 05:57

The sun turn dwarves into stone and they hate fire? Huh how can they forge anything then when they need fire to melt metals and keep the cold out? :p

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Dwarf

Unread postby reynaert » 29 May 2006, 08:49

Pretty nice, but I've got a few suggestions, mainy because I'm such a donkey.

Could the article be divided into 'based on Tolkien' and 'based on Norse mythology?

writing errors: ascent (accent)-theme (them)-they are warrior nature (of warrior nature, their nature is that of a warrior)-closing (clothing)-bruhn (broom?)-theme (them)-as warlock (as a warlock)-he'll fell (he'll feel)- van (can)- Finish (finnish)- Scandanavian (Scandinavian)- a weapons (a weapon, weapons)- Arturs (Arthurs)- home too (home to)- the home too (the home of, home to), fixed of (fixed to, tied in).

I love being a nitpick. It's not personal, just me ^^
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 May 2006, 11:40

Can someone explain to me why would sun turn anyone into stone?Its pretty easy to explain how the UV rays kill vampires,but turning someone to stone? :| :| :|

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Dwarf

Unread postby Akul » 29 May 2006, 13:01

@Orfinn and Daemian:

If you have problems with that, then go to dwarves and discus it with theme. All I know is that in norse mytology they are turned into stone by sun and thats what I write.

@Rayneart:

1. Almost everything of Tolkiens fantasy (besides the fact that dwarves turn into stone) is taken from Norse Mytology.

2. Why do the english speaking people always forgeting that not everyone is from englosh-speaking country. If you have problems with grammar then re-write the article and send it to Angelspit.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Dwarf

Unread postby Kalah » 29 May 2006, 15:18

Dwarves don't turn into stone when going outside. That's the trolls. They also have no more of a problem with fire than the average person. The Scottish accent is also wrong.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Dwarf

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 May 2006, 15:32

Kalah wrote:The Scottish accent is also wrong.
No its not.Look at LotR the movie.Its clearly a scottish accent :devil:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Dwarf

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 29 May 2006, 15:40

Kalah wrote:Dwarves don't turn into stone when going outside. That's the trolls.
Nope. There is at least one story where it plays a prominent role: A dwarf comes and asks something outrageous out of Thor (his daughters's hand or somesuch). Thor responds by a riddle contest. It coes on and on, through the night. THe dwarf finally comes up with a riddle that has Thor stumped, but then the sun emerges and turns the Dwarf to stone.

Of course, in norse mythos, the lines between dwarves and trolls and trolls and giants are pretty fluid, so the same story could just as well had a troll as antagonist at one point.

And DL- John Rhys-Davies is welsh...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Dwarf

Unread postby Kalah » 29 May 2006, 16:01

Ah, but remember the second verse: Thor says the dwarf seems to be of troll-kin.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Articles”