Might and magic VI includes I-V

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
M&M FIEND
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and magic VI includes I-V

Unread postby M&M FIEND » 26 May 2006, 15:28

I recently purchased a copy of Might and Magic VI the mandate of heaven. i bought it because it said that it came with Might and Magic I-V. does ANYONE know how i acess might and magic 1-5? ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Desperation: A Rope Ends It

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 26 May 2006, 17:33

I have the limited edition from way back when, but in mine, when you popped the disk in and the little half-screen comes up with the music and all the options (Play Game, etc.), I believe there was an option for other features or something like that which took you to another menu, that had the installation option for versions of 1-5. Note that originally not all versions of MMVI came with the first 5 games packaged into it.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

M&M FIEND
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby M&M FIEND » 28 May 2006, 10:41

Ok, i have done that. clicked install and i have finished the installation but i still cant play them. it wont let me
no matter wat i do. i have installed them like heaps but i just cant play them... PLEASE HELP

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 30 May 2006, 03:20

I'd download the DosBox program from the following site in order to play the older M&M games: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/

I have knowledge on how to use the single DosBox command you need to know so that you can use the emulator program in order to run the games. If you have any problems following the readme directions or other issues with DosBox, please post a reply.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

M&M FIEND
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby M&M FIEND » 30 May 2006, 04:06

ok. i have now got M&M classics working but when i get into M&M 1 the first screen is kind of flashing and i cant read it properly. the rest of the game is fine its just that first scene.... Please help! Hopefully for the last time!

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 30 May 2006, 13:01

I hope you took my advice to download DosBox, and here are the keys to help you run the game slower or faster(included in the readme file, but you may have missed this).

CTRL-F11 Slow down emulation (Decrease DOSBox Cycles).
CTRL-F12 Speed up emulation (Increase DOSBox Cycles).

M&M FIEND
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby M&M FIEND » 30 May 2006, 13:04

when do i press ctrl-f11? like in tha game or in dosbox? if so where in dos box? do i have to do anything to enable this feature?

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 31 May 2006, 12:55

You have to run DosBox first, and then use the key combinations I mentioned. Trying to use the keys any other way will not work.

Xanamas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Download

Unread postby Xanamas » 16 Feb 2012, 16:22

Anyone know where I can download MM6 Mandate of Heaven?

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Download

Unread postby Agalloch » 16 Feb 2012, 16:33

Xanamas wrote:Anyone know where I can download MM6 Mandate of Heaven?
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/might_an ... ed_edition

Xanamas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

:(

Unread postby Xanamas » 16 Feb 2012, 16:35

I ment a free copy... I'm kinda not aloud to buy stuff online anymore after my last pokemon shopping spree haha

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 17 Feb 2012, 00:12

It's really a bargain to get it on GOG.com, it's a great shop that should be supported just because all the games they sell are without DRMs (even the original ones that came with the games). For just 5 dollars you can have the first six MM games!
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

Xanamas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

:)

Unread postby Xanamas » 17 Feb 2012, 15:31

Very true and if I had a credit card I would have bought it, but I already managed to download the game now my only problem is it's the patched version. And I know it's cheating but I liked it when my scrolls didnt dissapear after one use.

Return to “Might and Magic”