Favourite Creature Designs.

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Favourite Creature Designs.

Unread postby Purple Sky » 26 May 2006, 17:41

HoMM is such a pool if inspiration for us artsy people.

Anyway, i enjoy discussing the designs in fantasy games. Pick your favourites and the ones you dislike. Explain your reasons, too. And i guess there is no point in posting gargoyle because *everybody* hates it.

1. I, myself, like the lich. Its done differently from the other games. First of all, its rediculously cool when he casts a spell or attacks. The book flies to him and opens itself and green gas comes from its pages. When attacking, the lich conjures a staff.

Also, i like the stillness. Especially when the lich attacks in the melee.

2. Titans/colosseuls. Theyre done really good. I like the way you can see that their really huge. Although they are overpowered...

1. I dislike the vampires. In fact, i didnt like them in HoMM IV either. Why? Because its just silly that you can have hundreds of vampires who are all aristocrats.

In true slavic mythologies, vampires where nothing more than murderers living in some caves and stealing people from the villages. Thats how i would like to see them.
Last edited by Purple Sky on 26 May 2006, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 May 2006, 17:50

Since many people know what I hate,Ill just say what I like:

I like those little imp buggers.And the animation of them destroying mana is great.Familiars are nice also,and the animation for stealing mana is very nice too.

I like the succubi.Especially the wings,and the legs.She looks really demonic.And the attack animation is very nice.

I also like collosi,especially their dying animation.Although their attack is a bit dissapointing.

Generally I like the dying animations,especially for the undead.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Fav. Creature Designs.

Unread postby Corribus » 26 May 2006, 17:50

Purple Sky wrote:In true slavic mythologies, vampires where nothing more than murderers living in some caves and stealing people from the villages. Thats how i would like to see them.
What, sort of like the H3 version?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 26 May 2006, 17:58

Archangel. Without question. Oh, and Isabel :p.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 26 May 2006, 18:05

I like the gargoyles.

May sound strange but they look really similar to one of my *hamsters*.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 26 May 2006, 18:17

Paradox wrote:I like the gargoyles.

May sound strange but they look really similar to one of my *hamsters*.
One of your hamsters looks like a Juke Box?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 May 2006, 18:17

I kind of like the gremlins. They're quite silly :D

Wights and Wraiths are also cool- especially their dying animation...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 May 2006, 18:27

@Purple Sky

Can you please change the name of the topic?That fav. looks a lot like sev. Ugh!I hate that sev.!

Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Purple Sky » 26 May 2006, 18:31

DaemianLucifer wrote:@Purple Sky

Can you please change the name of the topic?That fav. looks a lot like sev. Ugh!I hate that sev.!
Changed(z0r). Whats wrong with several anyway? Sev. is several, right?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 May 2006, 18:50

There's nothing wrong with "Several". On the contrary- it's much, much better than "sev."
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 26 May 2006, 18:52

Yes Sev. is short for Several.

My favorite creature designs, animations.

1: The unicorn, they are just one of the most beautiful creatures in the game!

2: The vampires both of them. The dying animation is cool, their slash and stab attacks are brutal and their latin taunting after defeating a stack or right after the last enemy stack die is top notch (ps anyone knows what they are saying?)

3: Both angels are gorgeous and their death and attacking animations is also great. And they are blonde :D

4: Shadow Dragon and the Black dragons gotta be the best looking units in the dungeon town. They are though and looks kick ass, a living flamethrower. Also their death scream is heroic after trying to take out those pesky titans :-D

5: Mage and Archmage gets my vote here. Nice but long spell cast animation and their dagger attack looks nice and desperate, trying to fend off nearby enemies.

6: Here the pit fiends and lords are my favs. Nice animations, color setting and their vorpal sword is kick ass. The lord looks better since the contrast between dark and brighter colors are bigger.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 26 May 2006, 19:31

My choices:

1. The Dragons
2. Unicorns BEFORE their cosmetic change
3. Rakshassa Raja
4. Griffins and Imperial Griffins
5. Pit Lords/Fiends, Hell Hounds/Cerberi, Succubi and their Mistresess, Devils and Archdevils
6. Colossus/Titan
7. Hydras and Deep Hydras
8. Minotaurs and Minotaur Guards (especially their animation when they get hit)
9. The Lizard Raiders...

Those are my favourite, but I like many other units...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 May 2006, 23:06

Well i like the Griffin and it's upgrade into a Digimon ain't bad either. The Archer/Marksman and Footman/Squire aren't bad either.

The Colossi look pretty good too (thank God that those fluffy things on his arms aren't bigger), but i'm kinda disapointed by the Titan only being a color swap with some electricity.

The Succubus is also nice, though i'm not sure about it after it's set in fire. :devil:

Except the Gargoyle I don't really hate any of the others, they just don't do a thing for me.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Aarok
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aarok » 26 May 2006, 23:52

Rakshasa Rajas rule!

5il3nc3r
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby 5il3nc3r » 27 May 2006, 01:50

ThunderTitan wrote: The Succubus is also nice, though i'm not sure about it after it's set in fire. :devil:
Well, that just means she's "hot" (litterally) XD

Favourites:
Griffins, Angels and Archangels (Love the sword... and DA HOOD!!! :P ); The pit lords are really cool looking (way better than those other ones with the whips (in the 3rd I think... or 4th)) and the succubi of course (I kinda like the succubi mistress too, although I prefer the former); the mages/archmages are okay, and I like their dying animation (noo, my scroll, my beautiful scroll!! (my precioussssss) :P ) and the rakasha (rani/raja). I find the djinns kinda cool (I think it's the hat, that hides the face, that I like) too. I love the unicorns and the emerald dragon. The wight/wraith as well as the lich/archlich are pretty cool (and most of the undead death animations are sweet). And finally, I like the matron (tier 6 dungeon unit, I prefer the upgraded version) and the black dragon. Oh yea, and the Phoenix =D

The units I hate most:
Treant, gargoyle, imps/familiars (their steal/destroy mana animation is funny but meh), the priests/inquisitors (visual-wise only; their attack is neat) and the vampire/vampire lord (bah).

§ıĿ
The pen is deadlier than the sword;
if the pen is very sharp and the sword very short.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 27 May 2006, 02:12

Liches, I love how they magically conjure up their staff and telekinetically use their spellbook and dagger. I love their death animation too. Ghosts, Vampires, Liches, and Wights all have really good death animations.

The Sovereign is the best looking character in the game.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 27 May 2006, 12:29

Most of the animations are really cool. I love the dying animations of the golems and lizard riders.

Profitable_Choy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Profitable_Choy » 27 May 2006, 18:42

gremlins... gotta love the complete stencil of that old classic movie

very impressed with the golems... think they look birthed of all kinds of subtle filth, particularly that little shudder...

i think the all over theme of this HOMM is their seriousness... for me, a huge player of 3 and a dabbler of 4, the other waves of HOMM seemed to have an almost comic element...

but HOMM5 is just hard... (not dif, though thats also a ballbreaker) the creatures all look as though they've got some serious issues, just angry angry spawn...

not all over impressed with dungeon (o... how i loved them in 3) they currently seem like some sort of red light burp... but the silvan crew look very slick, specially those curve sword dudes...

but the grand title would have to go to the liches... just cold and polished and cool... well done on the art i say... cliched maybe, but commited

Blue_Camel
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Blue_Camel » 28 May 2006, 09:58

i love how the liches draw out their little sword when they get melee-attacked. i like the treants.. i don't see the problem with them. plus their stats are so hoss.. what's not to love about a huge 175 hp lumbering tree?
djinns.. i hafto admit i laughed when i first saw their hands.. but theyre not quite as absurd-looking to me anymore. their sword animation is pretty cool too.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 28 May 2006, 10:40

Blue_Camel wrote:i like the treants.. i don't see the problem with them.
They're ok, but they move much too fast.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”