No High Score?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 24 May 2006, 00:08

exactly ... the high score was only important to those who were interested in it .... it wasn't necessary for anything

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 May 2006, 11:03

Neither are mouse-clickable buttons, but there nice to have. And Creature Ranks were cool.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DarkeN Q
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DarkeN Q » 24 May 2006, 13:38

Ahh, and I miss flavour texts for adventure map objects and thousands of other nice little things from HOMMIII and IV *sniff*...HV has an epic gameplay but doesn't make you feel at home anymore :(

Crags_Legacy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crags_Legacy » 24 May 2006, 16:45

ThunderTitan wrote:Neither are mouse-clickable buttons, but there nice to have. And Creature Ranks were cool.
Amen.

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 24 May 2006, 20:55

DarkeN Q wrote:Ahh, and I miss flavour texts for adventure map objects and thousands of other nice little things from HOMMIII and IV *sniff*...HV has an epic gameplay but doesn't make you feel at home anymore :(
This I really miss. The small story of how exactly you got the artifact, like failing do dance the Rhama Bhuta, or helping a Paladin against a Necromancer so he gives you something, or stuff like that.

It was sacrificed in order to speed up the gameplay, which I guess it does, but I still miss it.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 24 May 2006, 21:08

Speeds up gameplay by 0.5 seconds per picked up artifact, being ca the time it takes to click that popup away... Good thing too, you'll need that time for running around picking up weekly resources and creatures :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, highscoretable... a mild amusement, not to important to me. Though the dragonbreath blazing across the screen where you are to type your name in H2 after completing a map is a very nice touch.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 24 May 2006, 21:49

Ethric wrote:Speeds up gameplay by 0.5 seconds per picked up artifact, being ca the time it takes to click that popup away... Good thing too, you'll need that time for running around picking up weekly resources and creatures :rolleyes:
Let's not forget hireing unupgraded creatures and the upgrading them during the week of Forgery;)
Oh yeah, highscoretable... a mild amusement, not to important to me. Though the dragonbreath blazing across the screen where you are to type your name in H2 after completing a map is a very nice touch.
Wasn't that H3?
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 25 May 2006, 00:52

Ethric wrote: Oh yeah, highscoretable... a mild amusement, not to important to me. Though the dragonbreath blazing across the screen where you are to type your name in H2 after completing a map is a very nice touch.
The dragonbreath and typing in your name....can't believe it isn't incorporated....and that no one have said anything! Blasphmey! :mad:
I want that back soo much!

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 25 May 2006, 01:52

Continuity wrote:
DarkeN Q wrote:Ahh, and I miss flavour texts for adventure map objects and thousands of other nice little things from HOMMIII and IV *sniff*...HV has an epic gameplay but doesn't make you feel at home anymore :(
This I really miss. The small story of how exactly you got the artifact, like failing do dance the Rhama Bhuta, or helping a Paladin against a Necromancer so he gives you something, or stuff like that.

It was sacrificed in order to speed up the gameplay, which I guess it does, but I still miss it.
Ditto. Pisses me off that they didn't include it. IMO it's out of lazyness, not to speed up the gameplay. If that was the reason they could have had an option to turn it off instead!

And yeah, writing your name after that breath of fire was so cool :D.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 May 2006, 09:02

Of course, with the profiles, you don't have to write in your name anymore. Not that you had to in H3 either, if you knew what you were doing...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalidor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kalidor » 25 May 2006, 11:20

I miss the High Score charts so far.
It's not a real problem, but a small blemish. All of these small blemishes are adding up to detract from what couldv'e been a great addition to the Heroes Universe.
So far, I am happy with the overall game, however, so Ill try not to complain too much.
For me, in this order of importance...missing is:

1) Map Editor/Generator wtf?!?!?!?
2) "questing" and the aforementioned, longer descriptions on certain building/objects, etc.
3) High Score Records/Rankings

Kalidor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kalidor » 25 May 2006, 11:21

all in all, very cool so far though. I don't want to give the impression that I am dissatisfied...
Just wouldv'e preferred to wait another month or so and gotten all of these things...

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Let's get it back!

Unread postby fiur » 26 May 2006, 10:24

I'm also missing the "highscore" alot! :ill:
it was one of the thing who makes playing a map over and over again wort it :)

So hopefully it will be added in a coming patch.......

:|

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Re: Let's get it back!

Unread postby Campaigner » 26 May 2006, 11:24

fiur wrote:I'm also missing the "highscore" alot! :ill:
it was one of the thing who makes playing a map over and over again wort it :)

So hopefully it will be added in a coming patch.......

:|
Since it's in the russian edition ist must be enabled in the first patch. If not....then the ubi forums will certainly get to know about it.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 26 May 2006, 12:39

Oh yeah they will. Since someone sez its was hidden in a data folder, why didnt they enable it in the full game? Sloppy sez I :disagree:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”