Shipping Woes in America

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
JessieLC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby JessieLC » 25 May 2006, 02:38

Just checked my order at EB..........its got a Tracking Number!!!!!!!Will be here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby Caradoc » 25 May 2006, 03:38

I still have nothing but a tracking number that FedEx knows nothing about. And if it does not ship till the 25th, it will not arrive until next Monday. I really hate these people.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby addicted » 25 May 2006, 03:50

sniff, I'm still waiting on my LE to be 'released'.. I had preorder from Bestbuy Online and got an email that said, quote, "There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item. The new release date is 05/26/2006 "unquote.. go figure! Meaning I don't know how long it will take them to process the order to even get a tracking number let alone an arrival date! duh!!! With Monday being a holiday, ground shipping won't run that day if it should happen to get shipped on the 26th!!!
Edited on Wed, May 24 2006, 21:53 by addicted
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Yrkoon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby Yrkoon » 25 May 2006, 04:19

My local EB store assures me of a 26th of may delivery of my pre-ordered regular editiion in B.C. Canada . I've played the demo and I can't wait to start the campaigns from the beginning
I'm not bald , I'm just too tall for my hair

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 25 May 2006, 05:06

I hope you aren't in the US Caradoc, because with Memorial Day you won't get it till Tuesday.
Edited on Wed, May 24 2006, 23:07 by Omega_Destroyer
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Mik-Angelo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby Mik-Angelo » 25 May 2006, 10:29

Collector's-edition #1811 was delivered by fed-ex, here in the U.S. {Ohio},

Tues. May 16. {course I pre-ordered the day Angelspit linked it to the news}

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 25 May 2006, 11:44

My Best Buy order now has the status of backordered!

GOW

ttague2005
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby ttague2005 » 25 May 2006, 12:57

I received mine yesterday and the game plays well. So far, I am happy with this version!! :)

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby addicted » 25 May 2006, 15:24

OMG, Grumpy, your bestbuy order is on backorder!!!! Did you preorder the LE vs or the regular vs? Did you order it from online or at your local store? I hope I don't get a notice mine is backorder or I won't ever get the LE.. Once the LE's are soldout, I thought that you wouldn't be able to get them... and I went thru all the troulbe of updating my pc just so I could have the dvd disk that comes with the LE vs.. this sucks...
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 25 May 2006, 17:30

addicted wrote:OMG, Grumpy, your bestbuy order is on backorder!!!! Did you preorder the LE vs or the regular vs? Did you order it from online or at your local store? I hope I don't get a notice mine is backorder or I won't ever get the LE.. Once the LE's are soldout, I thought that you wouldn't be able to get them... and I went thru all the troulbe of updating my pc just so I could have the dvd disk that comes with the LE vs.. this sucks...
I ordered the standard edition for the Best Buy website. I live in a rural area where the nearest Best Buy (or any other store that carries much software) is an hour and a half drive. There is a super Walmart about 8 miles from here that I'm going to swing by this evening to check.

If you have your order number you can go to the Best Buy website and check your order status. Scroll down near the bottom of the page and you'll see the link to click.

http://www.bestbuy.com/

Edit: I just checked my order status again and looks like good news for me! I chose the next day shiping option so I'll hopefully have it some time tomorrow.

Status: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days.

GOW

supersanctus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby supersanctus » 25 May 2006, 17:49

Mik-Angelo, where did you order Collector's Edituion from? I didn't think that was available in US.

Aicsba
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby Aicsba » 25 May 2006, 22:24

Just came back from Be$t Buy and Future $hop and EBgame$, Canada. Nothing yet. Nothing ... ...

Crosis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby Crosis » 25 May 2006, 22:37

Got it today at GameStop. I must say I am sorely disappointed with the lack of documentation (very little about skills, and nothing about the creatures' abilities), but thanks to Aurelain (for making the skill system comprehensible), Angelspit (for running the site) and all the rest, that can be overcome. I am going to have a VERY enjoyable Memorial Day weekend, I think.

Mik-Angelo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby Mik-Angelo » 25 May 2006, 23:25

supersanctus. I pre-ordered the super-collectors-edition from the Ubisoft on-line store. Only 4000 units were available, of which only 1000 units went to U.S. & other territories {with no chance at the PC} The rest was for France, Great Britain, & Germany.

You can find the link on the March 20th, news archive. {this is the same date I pre-ordered}.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby Angelspit » 26 May 2006, 01:50

I saw the regular edition (both English and French) and the limited edition of Heroes V at FutureShop in the old forum (where the Habs used to play) in Montreal. May 25th was the planned release date from the start judging from what was printed on a sign near the entrance. The placement of the boxes was not optimal, as other (older) games got the best spot on the shelves. EBGames didn't have the game yet.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Shogun_Razor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby Shogun_Razor » 26 May 2006, 04:18

Collector = YES

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby Caradoc » 26 May 2006, 05:03

May 25th has come and gone. All I have is a tracking number that FedEx can't track. They say this means the package has not shipped. UbiSoft said they would send an email today explaining the situation. No dice.

Have I mentioned how much I hate these people?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 26 May 2006, 05:20

Bah, I paid for next day shiping and am not getting it from Best Buy. Mine shiped on the 25th (according to an email I recieved.)
Now checking the status they sent it

Service Type: 2ND DAY AIR

Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 05/30/2006.

I'll have to see if they changed what they were charging me initially for the less desirable shiping I'm getting.

VGOW
(Very Grumpy Old Wizard)

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby addicted » 26 May 2006, 15:03

I join you Grumpy!!! I just checked my preordered copy at bestbuy online and now it says 'order in process', then I clicked on status and now mine is showing "backordered"!! 1st they canceled the 25th release date to release date of the 26th, now its the 26th and they said order in process, now the status saying backordered!!! I am one Unhappy camper and very upset. Wonder what is going on!!!! Gee, I hope I get my copy or I am in big trouble as I updated my computer with the DVD-Rom so I could play the DVD version and now I may not get the DVD version... I am getting to feel like I may not get any version if they hold me off too long on this stupid asinine so-called backorder crap.. Didn't UBI shipped enough of the U.S. LE versions to the U.S or what??? rats!!!!! I smell rats I say!!!! :(

P.S. So far in my hometown of KS, it has not hit the stores yet, not even the Bestbuy stores here..
Edited on Fri, May 26 2006, 11:53 by addicted

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Shipping Woes in America

Unread postby addicted » 27 May 2006, 02:49

Update:

Bestbuy online told me they did not get all they ordered and they had to RE-ORDER!!!! This is the Online store.. they said they did not know what date to expect it so I canceled my online order.. called both bestbuy stores and was told they did not get either version in yet..

But I found a copy of LE at GameStop who by the way bought out EB.. I had to go to Bestbuy to buy a new cable after I got my game and guess what was on the game shelves? You guessed it.. 6 copies of the LE and tons of the Regular.. I was glad to see them in but a little burned because earlier I was told they didn't get them in.. but they must have unloaded a shipment late or something,,

Anyway Bestbuy and GameStop in KS/USA has the games in the stores.. Hopefully I will be able to start playing my game tomorrow as soon as my son gets my cable and other equipment in my computer.. I am sooooooooo excited...

Return to “News”