Artifacts

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Artifacts

Unread postby Orfinn » 07 Feb 2006, 07:22

I bet these are not all the artifacts, there got to be more of them. Yes combining artifacts would be nice =)

Hehe imagine a small werewolf, a infected leprechaun, or what about a werewolf dragon?...No that is stretching it TOO far! But humanoids would be great, like elves, dwarves, humans maybe orcs and ogres too but I think they may be a bit green for that or they could simply be immune.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Artifacts

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 07 Feb 2006, 09:33

@ Orfinn

Actually, it does look like the the Ark of the Covenant. With guarding cherubs (hence the wings) and everything. And where did you find the Ark described as having the shape of a pyramid???
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Bad Wolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Artifacts

Unread postby Bad Wolf » 07 Feb 2006, 09:54

Hey, Bad Wolf here :)

I wonder if you put on the entire Dragon Gear if your hero doesn't turn into a dragon himself :P that would be fun...

On that note, I hope they change the Endless artifacts icons cause I mean comon, they look the same!

The angel wings strap on looks a bit lame, and the Boots of Interference look a bit like boots that fools used to wear :) they only need bells attached on each end and it'll be perfect :)

to LordHoborgXVII: The Helm of Enlightment should look like that, since the archmages wear turbans now, in a Hindu style.

and on a final note, the Scroll of 'Spell' and Wand of 'Spell', isn't actually named like that, instead they are named Scroll/Wand of *Name of specific spell*.

Wand of Armageddon! who's with me :D
The world is full of insanity, that has no cure. Labour to keep yourself stable, and your mind pure.
- Mid-Night Paladin

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Artifacts

Unread postby Orfinn » 07 Feb 2006, 10:28

@theLuckyDragon

"Actually, it does look like the the Ark of the Covenant. With guarding cherubs (hence the wings) and everything. And where did you find the Ark described as having the shape of a pyramid???"

I have played the game and the ark was somewhat pyramid shaped.

@Bad Wolf

"The angel wings strap on looks a bit lame, and the Boots of Interference look a bit like boots that fools used to wear :) they only need bells attached on each end and it'll be perfect :)"

How else can non-angels get angel wings? =P

So you think by drinking a potion Flight, giving you angel wings would be better? =D

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 07 Feb 2006, 10:51

Orfinn wrote:I have played the game and the ark was somewhat pyramid shaped.
So the icon looks like the Ark of the Covenant, but the in-game graphics look like a pyramid? :|
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Artifacts

Unread postby Orfinn » 07 Feb 2006, 11:01

I have played Halo 2 and the ark there was pyramid shaped, the icon for the grail artifact in H5 does not look like a pyramid =)
Edited on Tue, Feb 07 2006, 04:02 by Orfinn

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Artifacts

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Feb 2006, 11:19

vissai wrote:I wonder where are the relics, the reeeeeally strong artifacts.
So you dont find giving +4 to HP of all your units is strong enough? :|

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Artifacts

Unread postby Marzhin » 07 Feb 2006, 12:30

@ Orfinn

they were speaking of the "biblical" Ark of the Covenant (as seen in, say, "Raiders of the Lost Ark" for instance), not the Halo 2 one ^^'
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Artifacts

Unread postby dragonn » 07 Feb 2006, 12:32

@ Bad Wolf

I wonder if you put on the entire Dragon Gear if your hero doesn't turn into a dragon himself :P that would be fun...

That would be great. I was disapointed when back in H3 Mutare, although her portrait changed, didn't change into a dragon. Just think of it. Instead of a normal hero there would be a flying dragon. Maybe the modders in WoG will think of that?

@ LordHoborgXVII

Then maybe Werewolfs have talons and fly!? They are licantrophes, so maybe they have human hands with too long, uncut nails...
Edited on Tue, Feb 07 2006, 05:33 by dragonn
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Artifacts

Unread postby Campaigner » 07 Feb 2006, 12:37

Well, I certainly hope that stronger artifacts have stronger guardians as default.

Man! Staff of Vexing is insane!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Artifacts

Unread postby Orfinn » 07 Feb 2006, 16:32

@dragonn

"Then maybe Werewolfs have talons and fly!? They are licantrophes, so maybe they have human hands with too long, uncut nails..."

No please no! Dont give the smarties on Nival ideas, lol ;P I want normal werewolves NOT some wicked flying werewolves! Then I will make a nice map for the werewolves with additional ghosts, vampires and other spooky stuff lurking in a map wide forest =D I love spooky woods!!!

Speaking about woods I hope they Include the scary trees like the ones from H4....oh I forgot that "¤"##@ anti H4 rule *sigh*

If turning humans into dragons Therianthropy would be a more fitting word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therianthropy

@Marzhin

Oh! Lol sorry hehe, didnt know about that one =P
Edited on Tue, Feb 07 2006, 09:38 by Orfinn

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Artifacts

Unread postby dragonn » 07 Feb 2006, 17:47

@ Orfinn

I was kidding of course :D Strangely enough, there are creatures that never showed themselves in Heroes series: werewolfs, wyrms, hippogryphs (I know, I know the ARE already griffins and pegasus in the game). Maybe it's about time to introduce some of them to the game.

I like the idea of spooky forest maps (with all this Necropolis landscape)!
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Malicen
Pixie
Pixie

Artifacts

Unread postby Malicen » 07 Feb 2006, 22:42

Since there is grail on this page that probably means there is a grail somewhere in the game, I wonder where it is. I did not find it, though maybe I'm expecting too much since I played one map just once. Well time to play it again.
The prayers of the soul tend towards the helping angels discovering the griefs of the heart when pains are consuming it burning.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Feb 2006, 22:47

Grail:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Feb 2006, 23:57

Malicen wrote:Since there is grail on this page that probably means there is a grail somewhere in the game, I wonder where it is...
Not quite clear...
* but is either owned solely by CH
*or definitively stamped out by Thunder Titan in the whole Beta :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Artifacts

Unread postby Orfinn » 08 Feb 2006, 12:06

@dragonn

you forgot drakes =)

Sandro123
Pixie
Pixie

Artifacts

Unread postby Sandro123 » 16 Feb 2006, 10:16

I think that you can combine all 8 dragon artifacts into a more powerful one. in H3 SoD it was named "power of the dragonfather" and it gave all the creatures the spell immunity of a gold dragon(at least i think that was it).

Also, the dwarven artifacts could combine in some way to provide better resistance, i suppose.

I personally like best the cape of enlightment and the ring of life.

If I had to choose between the grail and the ring of life, i would choose the ring...

The staff of vexing is also really good...

There could be an artifact that allows the combining of creatures for a price. For example, an archangel with a war dancer could make an angel without ressurection, but with a devastating combo.

And this could make insane creatures like the hyppogrif or weregriffs, for instance(it sounds a bit crazy, but this could bring the diversity the H series need)...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Artifacts

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Feb 2006, 10:31

Sandro123 wrote:"And this could make insane creatures like the hyppogrif or weregriffs, for instance(it sounds a bit crazy, but this could bring the diversity the H series need)..."
Hippogrifs are actual mythological creatures, the product of a griffin and a horse mating. Weregriffs aren't!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sandro123
Pixie
Pixie

Artifacts

Unread postby Sandro123 » 27 Feb 2006, 20:49

i think there is no weapon that gives 1 point primary skill. perhaps this is why there are so few artifacts...

drakonas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Artifacts

Unread postby drakonas » 23 May 2006, 12:37

There are not all artefacts. I found one very strange. Blue Boots with wings and there were no discription about this artefact. I am playing Full version of the game and I think this is a Bug.

Return to “Articles”