Pocket Heroes demo v0.01

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 29 May 2005, 15:47

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1117371023

djzolie
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby djzolie » 29 May 2005, 15:47

Hmm, it really works...but on my PDA only. It looks like HoMM2. You play with Astral, you have 3 opponents but there is no combat so if you find them, you automatically win. It is really not a playable demo but now I think it will be a very good and famous little game.

Slaughter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Slaughter » 29 May 2005, 19:17

Not really related to HOMM, but there's a Pocket PC version of X-Com available as well. It is fully developed, and supposedly very good :)
Greetings from Olav (Staff at StrategyCore.co.uk, Slaughter)

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 29 May 2005, 20:19

I have played the preliminary demo on my brothers pocket pc, and it looks promising.

The graphics are extremely fluid yet homm2 like. To say more, most of homm2s graphics have been reused. The interface- as far as I can see, looks rather nice and usuable.

There in't much of a gameplay in this demo, you can hop around tough. Nice part is that it always shows how many movement points you have and how many a certain yourney will cost.

The early AI walks around and flags mines. Funny to see.
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

gunsharp
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gunsharp » 30 May 2005, 02:08

It looks nice. I wish it worked with my cell phone since I don't have a PDA or anything.

_faenad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby _faenad » 31 May 2005, 20:01

So far very promising. Works well on a VGA device.

The heroes "magic" already works, you want to relaunch the demo again and again :)

By the way, now that some Pocket PC screen are VGA, I long for a DOS emulator able to run the original unabridged heroes 2 on my PPC...

Return to “News”