Heroes V is Out!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 18 May 2006, 15:11

Gyx wrote:I received my copy tuesday! It looks great and has a nice touch. I skipped all the tests, so this truely is my first experience with Heroes V. I think it takes a while to get used to the whole 3D environment, but it looks so much better! By the way, I really missed the good old autosave. Does anyone know if that feature has been left out? Constantly pressing F6 every turn gets a bit tedious....
There is an option for autosave- and it saves 3 of them, cyclicly!
(i.e.: Autosave 1 on day 1, autosave 2 on day 2, autosave 3 on day 3, autosave 1 on day 4, autosave 2 on day 5, . . .)
:tsup:

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby addicted » 18 May 2006, 15:44

All the post about the game got me so stirred up, I was finally convienced to order the game (I was holding off to get feedback), so I took almost my last cent to upgrade my computer (memory & DVD-rom) to buy the limited edition and wham! No store in my area (KS) USA will be getting any of the 'limited' editions!!!! Not Bestbuy, not EB and when I called Compusa, they don't have any homm-v's order!!! Go figure! So I just now dashed to Amazon, no go there either, they are only offering the regular edition.. Arrrrrrrrrh.. Now what, is the only place left at the ubi store? I didn't really want to order directly from there but..... I am sooooo disappointed.. I didn't really want the regular edition because I wanted the extra goodies that came with the limited edition.. I wished UBI would have offer all the goodies in all the packages... So if any of you U.S. people are planning on buying the limited edition from your local stores, you better call and check with them asap... I suppose I ought to post this on the forums, huh!! :>)
Edited on Thu, May 18 2006, 09:49 by addicted
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 May 2006, 16:02

Same here, no CE edition of the game anywhere, but oh well I can live with it. :) And the game itself is the main reason to buy any of them versions not only for the extras that are included ;)

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby hahakocka » 18 May 2006, 17:34

You can set the autosaves in the game options Dragon. Just click on it there. Amd you have got a tick on it then.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Caradoc » 18 May 2006, 20:17

GODDAMN UBISOFT! They have screwed me. I placed a preorder to get two day shipping and my online account says it was suppose to have shipped on May 16. But I called today and was told that it had not really shipped, but that it was on the way to a warehouse and would eventually ship out on May 23. It will be in the stores before I get it. Words cannot express how angry this makes me.

I have never before downloaded pirated software. But in this case I feel justified. Ahoy!
Edited on Thu, May 18 2006, 14:34 by Caradoc
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

sisko
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby sisko » 18 May 2006, 20:55

How can i track my order. I've ordered the super collectors edition, already payed via creditcard but if i go to my account on ubi.com i don't see previous orders. And the address they give to track your order (http://www.novapointe.com/ubitrack.html) doesn't exist according to my browsers. I'm from holland btw. Any dutch person got their copy yet?

Edit: Never mind, apparently there is a difference between ubi.com and shop.ubi.com, found it, and it hasn't shipped yet :-(
Edited on Thu, May 18 2006, 15:12 by sisko

Nachtogen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Nachtogen » 18 May 2006, 21:22

Ok i'm already enslaved again ... but ... no random map generator and no editor ... and they could have included a bit more maps ... so i'm enjoying it intensly but ... a bit more value for my money would have been nice ... no editor also means no one starts making nice new maps ... a bad thing for the communety ... but it plays extremely welll until now ... so give us a patch including an editor ... thank you (and it helped me get rid of my wow enslavement ... now i'm homm enslaved again lol)

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby hahakocka » 19 May 2006, 06:34

Ubisoft will be release a patch with the Map Editor and new 10 mulitplaywer maps in a couple of months Fabrice said this. And the Random map will be in the first expansion, with a new faction ( I think dwarfs with snow terrain) and many new maps and with neutral creatures new abilities I think)

Also I would ask to you do you see any swamp or rough terrain in Heroes5? I havent seen any yet. I have only the normal edition sadly but this is also very good.

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 19 May 2006, 07:01

I know they said the map editor will come out later, but in Amazon.co.uk there's a Heroes Complete I-V, and in the HoMMV features it says "create your own level with the editor"...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 41-7519128
"Patching Eternal!"

Nachtogen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Nachtogen » 19 May 2006, 07:07

Well i dont have a high level hero yet but the battle's play speedy and fun (i personly think the battle's are the core off every Homm game) ... overvieuw map is a beauty ... the Main entrance screen is a bit underdeveloped (not that its an important part of the game but still its the game entrance ... a bit more artwork would not have been bad)

The game has also great pottential for lots off more creatures and stuff in the upcomming expantions ... :) ... it reminds me more of HoMM 2 then of the other Homm titles ... every strategist around here should be in the shop by now cause its realy good fun :)

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby reynaert » 19 May 2006, 20:27

Yay! I got the game!

The AI wasn't included, unfortunatly
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 19 May 2006, 20:34

The bitter sweet irony of that post just cracks me up.:lolu:
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 19 May 2006, 21:20

Zombie_Inc: The "Heroes Complete..." at Amazon.co.uk has a problem - it is only available in UK. There is a statement on the web page that says "This item can only be delivered within the UK". Since I am in the US, I'm SOL!

Mik-Angelo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Mik-Angelo » 19 May 2006, 21:34

Yipee...!! Scored a collecter's-edition Tues., 16th, here in the U.S.

{silver-coin though}. Haven't had a chance to play alot yet, but noticed that the castles are beautiful..!! Also, someone was wondering about autosave, it's under options{just check-it} Gotta go play now...

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby Caradoc » 20 May 2006, 06:12

I talked to UbiSoft again today and they say the US product is in transit to their warehouse, where they will begin shipping on May 23rd. With luck, I may get my copy on May 25th.

They said that even though my order records said 'shipped on May 16', they really didn't mean it. Instead that's when they took the money out of my account. *******s.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

the_silvereye
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby the_silvereye » 21 May 2006, 18:01

Yay! HommV delux ed. arrived in Israel! Happy day! :)

sisko
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby sisko » 22 May 2006, 13:55

Finally figured out what happened. Fedex ****ed up.

Got my tracking number today and found out the have been at my house since the 16th, but i wasn'tthere, and on the 19th they figured it was wrong adress. Called them today to make an appointment or delivery when my gf is there.

Probably TOO hard for fedex to actually write a note in my mailbx that the came by...

sumalmamus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby sumalmamus » 22 May 2006, 21:04

ubi.com said that the game will ship to stores in US the same day as mine will ship on May 23rd. Like Caradoc the order history said shipped on May 16th but that was when order was sent to their warehouse. It is hard to tell from these comments where people are from. Did anyone in US get their game already?

pepi06
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby pepi06 » 22 May 2006, 23:00

y wont the game work on my laptop

mega gutted. waited ages for it to come n then it jus freezes n shuts off wen i try n play it!

pepi06
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V is Out!

Unread postby pepi06 » 22 May 2006, 23:10

heroes 5 i mean now

Return to “News”