Content of the game

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 16 May 2006, 13:49

I met death knights in the demo.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 May 2006, 17:29

And they kicked ass? I met black dragons in the demo one of my favs, they were, what shall I say? Extremely dangerous! All my poor cavaliers got toasted in a matter of 2 turns :(

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 16 May 2006, 20:56

Orfinn wrote:And they kicked ass? I met black dragons in the demo one of my favs, they were, what shall I say? Extremely dangerous! All my poor cavaliers got toasted in a matter of 2 turns :(
Death Knights are hardcore in this game. Very tough.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 May 2006, 11:25

Thats great to hear, the Death Knights strikes back :-D

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 17 May 2006, 13:33

Orfinn wrote:Thats great to hear, the Death Knights strikes back :-D
Time for double damage!

Bah, to think that those Wights have taken their place...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

CaptainKen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CaptainKen » 17 May 2006, 16:33

I've been a fan of heroes since 1998. This is the FIRST time I've ever posted a message in this forum. I felt I just had to respond. As far as the pirates go, they are not worth the air that they breathe. Anyone who is too cheap and is dishonest enough to steal isn't worth a reply, or the space they take up on the Net. That aside, I like every single guy (and girl) on this forum have been waiting ever so long for the new game. Thanks to you guys for undertaking it. As far as what is included or not in the first release, you guys have been upfront about what is and isn't included. I too want certain things, the most of which is a RMG - but if I have to wait, so be it - the choice to buy this game is mine alone and I have chosen to do so. My game is already paid for in full at Electronics Boutique, and I'll be holding it in my hand next Wednesday night. KUDOS to you for undertaking this product, and hurry up on that firsr update. By the way, I'm a 55 year old man that is as anxious to play this game as that 16 year old that is prototypical of the gaming industry.

Captain Ken

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 May 2006, 01:20

I wonder one thing though:Some people(read hardcore fanatical fans)managed to finish the game in a week.How can 16 additional maps satisfy them until the editor comes out?This shouldnt have been postponed for an updated :disagree:

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 18 May 2006, 11:51

Great! Some krimal moron deleted another damn post of mine. :disagree:
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 18 May 2006, 12:14

:wave:

The post in question served no good purpose in this thread, pointless spam is best kept in the campfire. And unfortunately, pointless spam has become so prevalent that an individual explanation for each deletion is very impractical.

Don't use this thread to complain how terrible you think it was though, if you feel the need you could always start a thread about moderation-practices in the campfire to vent any misgivings.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 18 May 2006, 16:19

dragonn wrote:
Orfinn wrote:Thats great to hear, the Death Knights strikes back :-D
Time for double damage!

Bah, to think that those Wights have taken their place...
Actually I like it more this way. The Death Knights are so damn awesome that they don't need a faction to own the world. They can do it alone!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 May 2006, 16:25

Any idea of how much each of those bad asses cost?

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 18 May 2006, 21:00

Linky wrote: Actually I like it more this way. The Death Knights are so damn awesome that they don't need a faction to own the world. They can do it alone!
Well said, altough it's a pity their numbers were reduced. It seems that only Dread Lords survived, the masters, but their subordinates, the Black Knights, have disapeared...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 20 May 2006, 00:37

Angelspit wrote:
Frenchboy wrote:Hey, like you can see, I'm french and I just want to say something about the little joke on french people. Do you have 6 guns at home to defend justice and liberty ? Has your children shot with a gun before writen with a pen ? I'm asking this stupid question because you 're american. It's just a joke like the man at the beginning of the topic...
But this man is speaking in the name of an official company, and maybe, he should be more careful of what he said in an official topic.

Forgive me for the poor english, you know, I'm french, so I'm not really fond of other language...;)
You do know that Fabrice is French too, right?
LOL! If only Fabrice's English would be as "bad" in written texts as it is in live speaches. :) At least it would serve to prevent these kind of confussions. :D

Hipshot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Hipshot » 20 May 2006, 18:19

We need more diversed terrain and landscapes, where's the jungle, snow, fall-forests, etc :( I hope this will be added in futher patches/expansions.

Galactygon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Galactygon » 22 May 2006, 04:07

[A bit off-topic]
Does anyone have a link for the dungeon and necropolis themes? I will not buy this game for another few months, by when most bugs will be steamrolled.

I am curious on what they are and would like to hear them.
[/A bit off-topic]

-Galactygon

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 22 May 2006, 12:25

Good question. Does the game have a map file with the mp3 files of the music themes like in H3? Shouldnt we be able to listen to the music any time without playing the game to hear them? I think so because the music is something of the best I have heard in any Homm game :-D

Kaboth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaboth » 23 May 2006, 07:38

Orfinn wrote:Good question. Does the game have a map file with the mp3 files of the music themes like in H3? Shouldnt we be able to listen to the music any time without playing the game to hear them? I think so because the music is something of the best I have heard in any Homm game :-D
There is a music folder with all the ogg music files in the demo version of HoMMV presumably the retail version is installed the same way. ogg files can be played in Winamp.

If you don't like the HoMMV music you can always convert your old HoMM tracks to ogg format and replace the HoMMV files in the music folder. The music is actually very good though.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 23 May 2006, 07:48

The folder is still there, with ogg files. And I agree about the music- it's really fantastic. I'm glad they got Rob King to work with them.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 23 May 2006, 08:29

Gaidal Cain wrote:The folder is still there, with ogg files. And I agree about the music- it's really fantastic. I'm glad they got Rob King to work with them.
Agree music is very good. I only know the scores from the demo, but I presume the rest is also very good :-D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 May 2006, 13:17

Death animations are,mostly,really good.I especially like the undeads dying(vampires,ghosts,liches and wights) and the colossi(is this the correct plural?)

But the fighting animations are really bad.The colossi kicking is just...well,dumb.Would it really be so hard to have a few different attack animations for each creature?I mean the game does take up an entire DVD.The technology used is pretty advanced.So a little variety would be a nice addition(instead of those awful glows).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”