Content of the game

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kasparsky
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kasparsky » 15 May 2006, 07:50

It seems that it runs the same as the demo.
Only after 4-5 hours it gets a little slower and does some swaping, so there is obviosly some minor memory leak.

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 15 May 2006, 08:39

Furay wrote:Well I would like to go against all others and say that I am "kinda" glad the Map Editor and RMG is not in the initial release.

This will force me to focus on the campaigns, and will give me something to look forward to in the X months following the game release. I kinda get excited about those kind of things (ie. release of patches, updates etc.).

But granted, I'm just a n00b. :D

Furay.
Yea nothing beats lack of choice.... I think that the the huge amount of
campaigns is to much. One campaign at release and then one more pr
patch would be THE best. Pure focus. Map-editor? WE DONT NEED NO
STINKING MAP-EDITOR!

Between us noobs ;-)

Malicen
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malicen » 15 May 2006, 08:40

Romanov77 wrote:I have:
P4 1800 mhz
1024 RAM
Geforce fx 5200 256 mb
Pffffff. You have great computer. I'm playing on this.

Athlon XP 1700+
512MB RAM
Ati Radeon 9000Pro (64MB)

And the game works smoothly.
The prayers of the soul tend towards the helping angels discovering the griefs of the heart when pains are consuming it burning.

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 15 May 2006, 09:19

Malicen wrote:
P4 1800 mhz
1024 RAM
Geforce fx 5200 256 mb

Athlon XP 1700+
512MB RAM

Demo or game?
Be precise.
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Braxen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Braxen » 15 May 2006, 10:51

"Already said I rather complain and be wrong then be optimistic and get screwed..."

Then IMO you should STFU until you have more information, knowledge, proof and more constructive things to say.

Play through the whole game, learn it thouroughly, then come back and whine...

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 15 May 2006, 11:21

Braxen wrote: Play through the whole game, learn it thouroughly, then come back and whine...
In normal case that means, you had payed MONEY for that game. Even if it sucks like hell, you won't get that MONEY back, no matter how loud do you whine.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 May 2006, 11:30

Why should I wait to until there's nothing that can be done about the things that are wrong? Being constructive at this point seems quite useless.

And there's plenty of proof about what's in the game and how it's mechanics work to go around.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 15 May 2006, 11:50

@ Fabrice
Thanks for your interest to the Round Table! As you've noticed we're "a little bit" more concerned about the content and quality. You know that the game will sell good, I mean very good, even if you do not release any patches/expansions. But you will have a very different fan base then, that doesn't really care and is fickle. I consider the loyalty of the HOMM community priceless, both from a fan's perspective and from a franchise owner's perspective. So, I really hope that Ubi will release free patches as soon as possible that address apparent performance, AI, UI and balance issues, that can be considered "bugs". Not everyone will be happy again, but "everyone" (including Ubi) will be happier. Other tweaking that address general community liking (eg. Treant) will be highly appreciated though, but is not a must. I'm almost sure that the atmosphere here in the Round Table will be very much different after a few successful quick patches.

Expansions are a different story. I'm looking forward to them as well. I hope they will include additional factions/spells/terrains/units etc as well as a RMG. Good expansions will assure the loyalty of us fans.
A map editor should be released without any charge though, hopefully.

Just my 2 cents...
See you around and good "Soldier's Luck" :)
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 15 May 2006, 12:19

Thanks for the information Fabrice. Now, how about that highscore table? :)

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Content of the game

Unread postby Linky » 15 May 2006, 12:33

ThunderTitan wrote:
MuadDib wrote: To conclude, I suppose it is normal that fans get anxious right before the game release, and even more so when pirates feed their own (often misinformed) opinion into the fray.
Huh?! Why are the pirates misinformed? Exagerated, unprofesional, biased i'd get. But misinformed? Wouldn't they not be pirates if they were misinformed?
Learn to read my friend. I can modify MuadDib's sentence so that you'll understand it: "I suppose it's normal that the often misinformed fans get even more anxious when pirates feed their opinion."

theLuckyDragon wrote:@Derek
As far as I'm concerned we should complain until(...)
No offense, but that sounds like spoiled brat attitude.
I'd go for needy and ungrateful in addition to that. Disgusting, really.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 May 2006, 12:43

Linky wrote: Learn to read my friend. I can modify MuadDib's sentence so that you'll understand it: "I suppose it's normal that the often misinformed fans get even more anxious when pirates feed their opinion."
And when the big companies feed them they cannot be missiomed.

Linky wrote: I'd go for needy and ungrateful in addition to that. Disgusting, really.
As opposed to carring and grateful of big companie,like ubisoft.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 May 2006, 12:58

Linky wrote:
Huh?! Why are the pirates misinformed? Exagerated, unprofesional, biased i'd get. But misinformed? Wouldn't they not be pirates if they were misinformed?
Learn to read my friend. I can modify MuadDib's sentence so that you'll understand it: "I suppose it's normal that the often misinformed fans get even more anxious when pirates feed their opinion."
And i can moify it to say that "the misinformed fans feed the anxious pirates their own normal fray". It doesn't make it what he said. Big difference between reading and interpreting.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

SpiresJRH
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SpiresJRH » 15 May 2006, 13:08

Any word on whether the laptop graphics cards will be supported (many new ones were not supported in the beta, despite DX 9 compatibility)?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 May 2006, 13:34

Romanov77 wrote:
Malicen wrote:
P4 1800 mhz
1024 RAM
Geforce fx 5200 256 mb

Athlon XP 1700+
512MB RAM

Demo or game?
Be precise.
With me the demo runs smooth and I have this specs.

AMD Athlon Xp 2600+ (2,08 Ghz similar to 2,5 Ghz Pentium 4)
768 Mb DDR/SD RAM
GeForce 6800 Ultra
Video memory: 256

As FC mentioned and which I also have encountered the game lags somewhat when you lower the cam to ground level and you look f.ex diagonal out over the map. Too much evelation in the terrain may also cause it, gotta do more testing when I get the final game.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 15 May 2006, 13:36

@SpiresJRH

If you're talking about onboard Intel chips like 915 something, they are not. They just suck. You know they are not actually "graphics cards", but just chips without an own CPU, cooler, memory, etc.
But if you're talking about true graphics cards on laptops like ATI X700, they should work as fine as desktops.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 May 2006, 15:27

MuadDib wrote:There arent enough maps !
All in all its close to 60 maps that will be playable. H3 and H4 offered about 70.
Ok,this comparison is wrong.HIII offered more then 40 maps,not counting the campaigns,and HIV offered something like that as well.This,considering how HIII offered 7 campaings of average 5 scenarios each,and HIV offered 6 campaigns of average 6 scenarios each gives us way more than 70 maps.And HV in its initial release will have just 46 maps(49 in special edition).That is extremly low.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 May 2006, 15:43

I think an editor is critical for a game longevity, but not for the release. So we can take a bit more time to finish it.
Hear, hear!
The AI has been done and tuned with the help of Steve Fawkner, and the result is quite good.
Of course it is, when The Man Himself is on the job. :D
an easy setting was missing. It will be added in the first update.
Good to know.

I would also like to add a note of my own, namely that discussions on the full game are monitored. If it is obvious the discussion is related to pirated/downloaded game versions, we will not permit such discussion.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 15 May 2006, 15:55

@DL
You're right I don't understand how he came up with 60. Anyways, he promised us additional high-quality maps, until then these should keep us busy. What is important is a quick patch so that it will be fun to play them. Personally, I won't touch the game until a patch is out. Yes, I have the game preordered :oex:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 May 2006, 16:45

theGryphon wrote:@DL
You're right I don't understand how he came up with 60.
Heres how:

"Ok,so we changed the tires,fixed the engine,tighten the brakes,...All in all,that comes to $973.Lets round it to $1000.Oh,thats to round,charge him with $1072"

:devil:

Frenchboy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Frenchboy » 15 May 2006, 19:00

Hey, like you can see, I'm french and I just want to say something about the little joke on french people. Do you have 6 guns at home to defend justice and liberty ? Has your children shot with a gun before writen with a pen ? I'm asking this stupid question because you 're american. It's just a joke like the man at the beginning of the topic...
But this man is speaking in the name of an official company, and maybe, he should be more careful of what he said in an official topic.

Forgive me for the poor english, you know, I'm french, so I'm not really fond of other language...;)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”