Content of the game

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Qlczas-PL
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Content of the game

Unread postby Qlczas-PL » 14 May 2006, 19:04

MuadDib wrote:Hi everyone
H5 will consist of :
- 10 multiplayer maps
- 18 preset heroes for the duel mode
Will there be a possibility to play the MP maps WITH computer players?
or only with human players? and when map is for example a 4 player I need all 4 to play it? It can't be less? (or exchanged for some AI players?) like in previous parts of the game?

and second question, do You thought about possibility if including someday a Duel-Hero Creator Tool or sth like this? or only more heroes will be added in previous updates?
"Today is the last day
of the rest of Your Life!"
- Caleb from "Blood"

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 May 2006, 19:06

Veldrynus wrote: The wisest thing we can do now, is not to buy such a product. Not before they really finish it.
You know i find it funny that if people don't buy in the beggning it they won't fix it at all. Funny in a sad kinda way, but that's what my countrymen are known for, aren't they... stupid jokes about how much our lives suck...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 14 May 2006, 19:10

Qlczas-PL wrote:
H5 will consist of :
- 10 multiplayer maps
or only with human players? and when map is for example a 4 player I need all 4 to play it? It can't be less? (or exchanged for some AI players?) like in previous parts of the game?

and second question, do You thought about possibility if including someday a Duel-Hero Creator Tool or sth like this? or only more heroes will be added in previous updates?
Good questions about the multiplayer maps..

I would hope that you could substitute a player for a computer here and there. It would suck if you couldn't.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 May 2006, 19:12

@MuadDib

One thing I dont get:The game was postponed.The fans plead you to postpone the game until you finish it completely.How can you sell it without tested AI,with so few maps and without the editor?If the fans say:We will wait,just give us a game that needs no patching,how can you then release a game that you clearly say is not finished?

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 14 May 2006, 19:17

DaemianLucifer wrote:@MuadDib

One thing I dont get:The game was postponed.The fans plead you to postpone the game until you finish it completely.How can you sell it without tested AI,with so few maps and without the editor?If the fans say:We will wait,just give us a game that needs no patching,how can you then release a game that you clearly say is not finished?
They can sell it.
We shouldn't buy it.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 14 May 2006, 19:23

Well, I stil can't wait to buy it... I guess the US version comes out on the 23rd?!?!

Dang... a little more then a week to wait!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 14 May 2006, 19:32

Grrrrrrr!! No map editor? :flame: That just not acceptable. And a bunch of lame excuses for not including one with the initial release. I for one, would have gladly waited for a finished game instead of having to wait for patches/expansions to get one.

What was the purpose of postponing the release for two months? I thought it was to fix stuff and complete unfinished elements. Obviously, it was just a publicity stunt on UbiSoft's part.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 14 May 2006, 19:37

HodgePodge wrote:Grrrrrrr!! No map editor? :flame: That just not acceptable. And a bunch of lame excuses for not including one with the initial release. I for one, would have gladly waited for a finished game instead of having to wait for patches/expansions to get one.

What was the purpose of postponing the release for two months? I thought it was to fix stuff and complete unfinished elements. Obviously, it was just a publicity stunt on UbiSoft's part.
Well that is the life we must live now. That is how game developent goes. As long as the fundemenatls of the game are ok! And from what i know, the patche will come prty soon after realse. And anyway you should atleast play the game som before making maps.
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 14 May 2006, 19:52

Qlczas-PL wrote:
H5 will consist of :
- 10 multiplayer maps
Yes, all maps can be played in single player mode. The "multiplayer maps" do not tell a story and the AI has less pre-scripted behaviour.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 May 2006, 20:04

Znork wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:
Yes,we should all be krimals and download it :devil:
Well if it is so bad way download it in the first plaze :devil:
Because that way ubisoft looses more money than if we dont buy and dont download it :devious: :devil: :D

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 14 May 2006, 20:21

DaemianLucifer wrote: Because that way ubisoft looses more money than if we dont buy and dont download it :devious: :devil: :D
Well if you are not gona buy it and not play it well then the only thing you are doing is wasint bandwithe :D :devil: B-)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 May 2006, 20:28

ThunderTitan wrote:
Veldrynus wrote: The wisest thing we can do now, is not to buy such a product. Not before they really finish it.
You know i find it funny that if people don't buy in the beggning it they won't fix it at all. Funny in a sad kinda way, but that's what my countrymen are known for, aren't they... stupid jokes about how much our lives suck...
* Now we are going to the conclusion, how many games are really ever finished? *

The Heroes V. started and they are coming with fairly enough features. According to Fabrice AI wasn't already introduced in full power -- see: "in demo was only scripted" -- this is a most decisive factor so I would never try to judge it before having it in the hands myself.

Furthermore postponing the map editor on behalf to the game is, I thought, understable - this also do not exclude idea that mapeditor will be avaliable freely in the upcoming updates.

It's always on players if they will decide to put theirs votes/stakes for or not - and hence to bought the game. But when I see how much effort was invested, I'll go for by all tens. It's giving me a good impression.

* ...ehm, I would be very carefull with "who will wait win" strategy - companies only rarely undergo such risk. -- If it succeed they'll support it, when not, they get hand off. -- It's based on cumulative effect.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 14 May 2006, 20:39

Pol wrote:According to Fabrice AI wasn't already introduced in full power -- see: "in demo was only scripted" -- this is a most decisive factor so I would never try to judge it before having it in the hands myself.
They release a demo and then tell the most important gameplay features weren't in it so we can't judge the game on the demo? It's a little too easy.
Image Spiritu Insanum

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 14 May 2006, 20:41

Wildbear wrote:
Pol wrote:According to Fabrice AI wasn't already introduced in full power -- see: "in demo was only scripted" -- this is a most decisive factor so I would never try to judge it before having it in the hands myself.
They release a demo and then tell the most important gameplay features weren't in it so we can't judge the game on the demo? It's a little too easy.
if you are nervus wait a week for the reviews and se the comment on the forums!

Bloodstar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bloodstar » 14 May 2006, 21:04

@Fabrice / Muad Dib

OK, Fabrice that is nice explanation...

What bothers me that you didn't mentioned SPOILED CITY INTERFACE screen for buying BUILDINGS.

MY CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTION:

As it is late to change it in initial release then change it in add on. We don't need a MAGNIFYING GLASS to look what needs to be built and what is built. And all is blured and that suck a lot!

Now, please load Heroes 3 or Heroes IV, can't you see that when you enter the town you see on the first GLANCE what is built and what needs to be built. Why you put CITY BUILDING SCREEN on HALF SCREEN is beyond understanding for me...

Essence of Heroes game is SPEED of game. Imagine late game when you have 8 cities what problems will this cause!

Why you made GHOST mode when you spoiled fundamental Heroes design??? Yes, GHOST mode is nice when we wait and we can grab resources and that is a nice twist...

This is not only thing that is done that is lousier than H3 or H4 and that slow donw the game or is plain ugly or just worse design than H3 and H4!

For Christ Sake why you spoiled some good Jon Van Caneghem designs?

You could leave to be on par with H3 or H4 if designers didn't had talent to make it better but not this way... Look at Civ 2-4 and how Sid Meier and his team had showed a RESPECT toward old games and old design! They moved to 3D but they didn't throwed elegance of design out of the window.

Heroes screen as well, in the past games we had nice DOLL and we could put sword where hand is now there are only cardboards...

And there are many more things... Nice, when you move army to another hero you must put it in the middle of the screen in previous games you didn't had to be so precise ;) ok I figured this out, not big thing but...

H3 and H4 simply had made some logical and predictable choice, you could see in what town you had built something and in what now. Now as well but it's different etc...

And other little things...

Combat is OK - I like initiative system.

Now, my complaints doesn't tell you all. I must congratulate you on however good game and with a little more effort it could be almost a classic like the rest. Also, well done that Nival didn't screwed this like Silent Storm (good engine but some stupid feature like when you want to aim a shot and it says 92% and you miss the bad guy for five time, good job on that Nival, Sir Tech is still way above your amateurish try outs... Jagged Alliance 2 is one of best game, Silent Storm is just mediocre title).

So, bring back WHOLE SCREEN FOR TOWN BUILDING INTERFACE, make it more intuitive..!!!

Yes, Nival watched Lords of the Rings and that's nice animation and breathtaking!!! But for God sake - this great things are then spoiled by such amateurish city building things....

No flame here, my suggestions are put in good faith Fabrice, and other fanboys :)

All best to you, and my greeting to Ubi Soft - I know many of them since my game journalist times - some top execs there, I still have their business cards from E3 and MILIA (ahhh, Cannes is great city!!!) :)

Mario

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 14 May 2006, 21:16

Nice to hear rom you MuadDib, finally some clarification. Now less then a week Im gonna enjoy the game to its fullest until the updates then enjoy it even more after that :D

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 14 May 2006, 21:26

Bloodstar wrote: (snipping long complaint with lots of all caps phrases that claims it's constructive)
I approve of the town build screen. It's easy and intuitive. And at least what you build seems like part of the town; it annoyed me to no end in H4 when I built a Dragon dwelling and got this random mountain and cave sticking up out of swampy terrain.

In general, though, it's funny how many people are determined to complain. Observing CH the past few months, it doesn't matter what Ubi/Nival do with Heroes, approximately 75% of the forumers are going to complain. Fabrice took some time to clarify their decision-making process (which I happen to agree with as well, in the main -- despite protestations to the contrary, a map editor only comes into its own when we've played the game well enough to understand how to design maps within the system), and all people can do is grumble about a game that will need patching. As if we were somehow being screwed above and beyond the call of the PC Market.

Cut the guy some slack. Yeesh.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 14 May 2006, 21:28

I live in the US. I have not played the demo (too large for a dial up download) and did not participate in the beta.

While it would have been preferable to have the map editor and random map generator released with the initial release of the game, I think the campaigns and maps shiped with the game will be enough to keep me busy for a while.

I have been part of the HOMM community since HOMM1 and will be buying the game as soon as I can get my hands on it.

Bloodstar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bloodstar » 14 May 2006, 21:43

Bandobras Took wrote:
Bloodstar wrote: (snipping long complaint with lots of all caps phrases that claims it's constructive)
I approve of the town build screen. It's easy and intuitive. And at least what you build seems like part of the town; it annoyed me to no end in H4 when I built a Dragon dwelling and got this random mountain and cave sticking up out of swampy terrain.

In general, though, it's funny how many people are determined to complain. Observing CH the past few months, it doesn't matter what Ubi/Nival do with Heroes, approximately 75% of the forumers are going to complain. Fabrice took some time to clarify their decision-making process (which I happen to agree with as well, in the main -- despite protestations to the contrary, a map editor only comes into its own when we've played the game well enough to understand how to design maps within the system), and all people can do is grumble about a game that will need patching. As if we were somehow being screwed above and beyond the call of the PC Market.

Cut the guy some slack. Yeesh.

Jesus Christ superstar....

Hello, Earth is calling you, are you there or on some Andromeda 17 satellite?

What your balbbering have to do WITH PRODUCTION OF TRACTORES IN BULGARIA IS BEYONG UNDERSTANDING TO ME :)

OK, a joke...

But, man, I have just voiced my opinion I didn't attacked or insulted your Heroes 5 producer Fabrice... I just said my opinion. If you don't like it ok, that is your problem but you will not make this a smaller problem.

I always complained about logical things, yes I will enjoy this game but have right to say what I don't like.

Same, I really liked Heroes 4. I reviewed the damn game and gave it 95%. Yes, I still think that it's masterpiece and when i am in the desert in Heroes 4 I feel sand of Tunisia under my feet!!! Game really had a spirit...

But, Heroes 4 had for example lousy FOG OF WAR... ok many liked this, I didn't liked half shroud etc... the part when you uncover map and is half clouded you get the point...

Well, I must say if I can, Heroes 5 also have a spirit, one of my friend came to my place and we started the demo and we rolled one joint (uh, I hope that I can say this, it' not big deal, one joint hehe) and my as grass was really good my friend just droped on the bed... As I am more used to grass I continued to play and I ZOOMED underground and all this GREEN stuff, it was amazing!

So, Fabrice you can have CLASSIC game but listen to my friendly advice, I am not ass kisser I say what I think!

Heroes is always best in 2 versus 2 hot seat, when people are friendly, there is good laugh everything...even women likes heroes eh beside sims, solitarire and some adventure games haha

But, yes women likes Heroes that is a strong marketing catch...

No flame, take my advice as a friendly advice just as I said. No need to get into personal attacks and wondering why some people think that or this way... OK?

Mario

JessieLC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JessieLC » 14 May 2006, 22:02

As I remember...........one version of HOMM.........can't remember which one........we had to wait on the RMG and the Map Editor! It was not in the intial release. And I do not read Derek, that this will be in an Expansion Pack but should be in a Down Loadable Patch to come later...at most it should be available on CD from Nirval or Ubisoft direct if you have a Registered copy!( for those that do not have Broadband Internet Access). And as far as Maps....the greatest ones from HOMM2 came from a contest that New World did.........then as i recall they were used as Standard Maps in HOMM3.........This inidicates to me that the Map Editor is not ready for general release yet.........and the RMG needs work also! And Fabrice is correct........I play the Scenerios and Campaigns first.....I am not going to try to Make a Map as soon as I get it! Now the question i have is will the Map, and Creature Card that come with the Collectors Edition in Europe be in the US Limited Editon? or can we Download them and Print them out ourselves? Just some thoughts.........

Return to “Heroes V-VI”