Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Quanenth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Quanenth » 02 May 2023, 11:14

Hello everyone,

I played this mod a while back (just mm6) and I am planning to re-play it with the revamp branch. I do have a question though.

Assuming I have a sorcerer in mm6 and promote him/her to Master Wizard. According to the mod the character will have dark/light up to master. When I go to mm7, I will have the option to make that character a Master Necromancer if I choose the dark path.

Will that character lose light magic, or keep it at the rank of master?

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 02 May 2023, 15:50

He will lose it. It's either only light at GM, only dark at GM, or both light and dark at master. Of course you can have one character with light and another with dark. Also, you don't need to go to mm7 to change path, search around mm6 world.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

Quanenth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Quanenth » 02 May 2023, 16:24

Thank you for the swift reply

So, it is possible to create a party with a character that can be GM light magic as well as another that can be GM dark magic at the same time?

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 02 May 2023, 16:27

Yes. You may need to switch path of one of them though, especially if you start in 7.

Quanenth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Quanenth » 02 May 2023, 16:28

Thank you again, I could not find the answer anywhere!

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 02 May 2023, 20:42

Quanenth wrote: 02 May 2023, 11:14 Hello everyone,

I played this mod a while back (just mm6) and I am planning to re-play it with the revamp branch. I do have a question though.

Assuming I have a sorcerer in mm6 and promote him/her to Master Wizard. According to the mod the character will have dark/light up to master. When I go to mm7, I will have the option to make that character a Master Necromancer if I choose the dark path.

Will that character lose light magic, or keep it at the rank of master?
it depends if you meddle with your "class skills.txt" file (simply drag it into excel for the table to edit - you can put it that way that you only lose spells, but not the proficiency - but do with caution (back up file beforehand)
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Quanenth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Quanenth » 05 May 2023, 10:49

I found this thing..!

masterserge379
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.07.2021]

Unread postby masterserge379 » 06 May 2023, 08:25

masterserge379 wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 10:25
m&m_fan wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 17:18 I got through my previous issue of items not loading chests by just reloading my save prior to the end of the game and bringing the needed items into the next game. I'm having another issue now though. I played through MM7 and I'm going through MM6 now. I've completed all the high council quests, but when I try to enter the high council building the game crashes. There is no prompt or error, when I try to enter the building it's like I clicked quit and the game closes. Any ideas?

Edit: Loaded a prior save and the High Council was already completed before I even attempted any of the quests. Did completing them again mess something up..?
The same problem. After finishing with mm6, 7, 8 and additional quests I started the game with the same party from New Sorpigal. I completed high counsi`ls quests but when I was tried to visit High Council i became crash.
This problem with a crash on quests with the High Council was solved in a game way. But there are clearly errors in this game mode version anyway.
As I understand it, during the second play through of the game, all High Council quests are not reset. Therefore, if you immediately get to the Free Haven and go to the High Council, you will see that all the quests except for the quest to expose the traitor have already been completed. For this reason, you should first complete the entire associated quest line to expose the traitor. As a result, you will gain access to the Oracle. After that, you can do all the other quests of High Council. Absurd but true. In fact, you can really do these quests before, but this is very important, do not turn them in until you gain access to the Oracle. And we are talking only about the quests of the High Council. Other quests can be done at any time.

justl
Demon
Demon

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.07.2021]

Unread postby justl » 13 May 2023, 16:31

masterserge379 wrote: 06 May 2023, 08:25 This problem with a crash on quests with the High Council was solved in a game way. But there are clearly errors in this game mode version anyway.
As I understand it, during the second play through of the game, all High Council quests are not reset. Therefore, if you immediately get to the Free Haven and go to the High Council, you will see that all the quests except for the quest to expose the traitor have already been completed. For this reason, you should first complete the entire associated quest line to expose the traitor. As a result, you will gain access to the Oracle. After that, you can do all the other quests of High Council. Absurd but true. In fact, you can really do these quests before, but this is very important, do not turn them in until you gain access to the Oracle. And we are talking only about the quests of the High Council. Other quests can be done at any time.
maybe i found the solution to that:
when you enter the cleared breach and begin again in new sorpigal - all of your awards (enter character and click on awards) are still there:
see this file from a fresh playthrough on daves version: https://filehorst.de/d/eDCpimyh (if some one wants the file even after expiring on the filehoster, i got it also saved on my hdd)
( i cant say if its in all 3 versions of the merge i know - rodrils original, the community one and dave hernandez version)

only thing reseted was the acromage wins/losses (you are even acromage champion still) and the arena victories

i wonder if thats leads to the above mentioned effect - maybe clearing the questbits on entering the cleared breach should help?

best regards,
justl

edit: if someone could look out for that in the original version and the community version, that could be very helpful - even if its just to prove me right or wrong :D
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 14 May 2023, 10:55

GrayFace wrote: 03 May 2022, 09:20
Templayer wrote: 02 May 2022, 14:01
Did repo get vandalized?
I haven't been here for like a year (and won't be for another one) and I just saw this randomly. Just to respond:

Yup. All files from my repo were deleted. Don't know by whom. This includes all the screenshots and saved files from the Issues, making them mostly useless.

But the funny thing was - I couldn't care less at that point.

Perhaps there is some history I could check to find out who did it, but... I was too lazy. :drama:

(wait, now I'm not sure if that was a reply to me. Still too lazy to check anything!)

Back into the shadows, I go! :hanged:
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

mikesullivan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mikesullivan » 21 May 2023, 12:15

Hi! i dont know if this question was solved already.

I have the blaster weapon on mm6 control centre but when i try to equip those it says "I dont have the skill" but afair your heroes should learn it automactly. Anyone knows whats going on?

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 22 May 2023, 17:26

In vanilla you're supposed to click on some plaque in the dungeon that would explain the basic gun safety rules and thus give you the skill. Did you click it?

mikesullivan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mikesullivan » 23 May 2023, 09:27

Tomsod wrote: 22 May 2023, 17:26 In vanilla you're supposed to click on some plaque in the dungeon that would explain the basic gun safety rules and thus give you the skill. Did you click it?
It worked! i visited all the dungeon and look like i just didnt clicked one of the rules. Thanks!

Kliwer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kliwer » 23 May 2023, 11:34

Hello everyone.

Many thanks to the modders for a great job. M&M Merge reminds me a bit of World of Xeen - combining 2/3 games into one. Unbalanced but cool :). It is worth playing for the possibility of changing continents - but not only that. Even playing only M&M 6 you can take advantage of the improved engine (finally mind spells work...).

I just started my adventure (Revamp branch).

Bugs report:
- Harmondale region, hut on the hill, Peryn Lightfingers who teaches stealing at the expert level. When we ask him for training (without having the required skill level), he responds with a strange dialogue line. He should tell us about the training requirements. Instead, he says a line related to some quest (?)
- Plate armor looks very bad on a dwarf model.
- Most of the NPCs/hirelings do not have proper dialogue lines (e.g. various rumors, information about the world, etc.). In addition, their portraits are often strange and quite ugly. Also, the scholar I hired in Harmondale claims to have been trained in Mist (so he has dialogue from M&M 6); I don't think it should be like this.
- In M&M 7 we have a chronicle of Harmondale Castle in the journal; the chronicle is updated as the game progresses. In a place where it is said that our heroes won the competition - there is an error/bug. Only the first character's name is mentioned, followed by some pronouns (hi, his, him...). It would be best to rewrite the chronicle so that it only talks about one (main) hero, but I don't know if that's possible.

Suggestions:
- Racial skills bonuses look a bit random. I would make a few changes. E.g. I would give the dwarves a bonus to the repair skill. In general, I like the idea of racial bonuses (finally I can create a dwarf-knight with an axe). However, I would make a little more of these changes - to have more interesting options when creating a group. E.g. human-paladin with GM swords; elf-ranger with GM bows or dwarf-ranger with M disarm; elf-wizard with GM alchemy etc. Possible examples of bonuses:
Human: +learning (as it is) and +swords (to create typical paladin, or thief, with this weapon type)
Goblin: +ID monsters (they are wild race) and +stealing (they are tricky ones)
Elf: +meditation (magical race), +bow (we all know why) and +alchemy (because they are close to nature)
Dark Elf: +merchant (to be in line with original concept), +bow (as any elf), +perception (sharp senses)
Dwarf: +axe (as it is), +repair and disarm (so technical and crafting skills)
Minotaur: +axe and +perception (to not lost himself in labyrinths…), maybe also chain armor
Troll: +bod building and +regeneration (to highlight their great metabolism), maybe also +mace
Dragon: + ID items and ID monsters (to highlight their ancient knowledge), maybe also +alchemy

Thanks again and good luck with your future works.

Kliwer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kliwer » 23 May 2023, 18:56

One more thing: the well in Harmondale cannot be activated (accuracy bonus).

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 23 May 2023, 19:38

Kliwer wrote: 23 May 2023, 18:56 One more thing: the well in Harmondale cannot be activated (accuracy bonus).
That is vanilla bug. Jump and then press space.

joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby joanthedark » 23 May 2023, 19:44

Templayer wrote: 14 May 2023, 10:55
Xfing, probably.
But what you just said is a lot of words which end up saying nothing in the end...

DecadreCain
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DecadreCain » 25 May 2023, 19:43

Hello everyone.
Installed merge like in guide but i have an issue. When i press jump or inventory or other actions key once, nothing happens. I have to press those key multiple times to jump or open inventory. I tried with multiple keyboards - result are same. How can i fix this problem?

DariusArgent
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DariusArgent » 07 Jun 2023, 18:40

I am trying to do the Skeleton Transformer quest with Dyson but the cutscene just won't happen. I locked the door with the beam and everything and when I enter the big room nothing happens.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 11 Jun 2023, 04:18

Kliwer wrote: 23 May 2023, 11:34 Suggestions:
- Racial skills bonuses look a bit random. I would make a few changes. E.g. I would give the dwarves a bonus to the repair skill. In general, I like the idea of racial bonuses (finally I can create a dwarf-knight with an axe). However, I would make a little more of these changes - to have more interesting options when creating a group. E.g. human-paladin with GM swords; elf-ranger with GM bows or dwarf-ranger with M disarm; elf-wizard with GM alchemy etc. Possible examples of bonuses:
Human: +learning (as it is) and +swords (to create typical paladin, or thief, with this weapon type)
Goblin: +ID monsters (they are wild race) and +stealing (they are tricky ones)
Elf: +meditation (magical race), +bow (we all know why) and +alchemy (because they are close to nature)
Dark Elf: +merchant (to be in line with original concept), +bow (as any elf), +perception (sharp senses)
Dwarf: +axe (as it is), +repair and disarm (so technical and crafting skills)
Minotaur: +axe and +perception (to not lost himself in labyrinths…), maybe also chain armor
Troll: +bod building and +regeneration (to highlight their great metabolism), maybe also +mace
Dragon: + ID items and ID monsters (to highlight their ancient knowledge), maybe also +alchemy

Thanks again and good luck with your future works.
I agree with these, there are more possible skill bonuses like maces for Dwarves as well, and crossbows of they were seperate from bows. And shields and spears for humans, etc... But probably not a good idea to have too many bonuses and the ones you mentioned are probably the most important ones for roleplaying purposes.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Return to “Might and Magic”