Maestro's Augmentation mod for MM7 - continues! v0.2a is here

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
rampage77t
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Maestro's Augmentation mod for MM7 - begins!

Unread postby rampage77t » 04 Mar 2023, 21:27

vladimir-maestro wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 19:50 hello there!

so almost 2 weeks passed.
any update from community? how did you find the mod? anything you wish to change or not? any mob-height problems?

Greetings, just yesterday I was able to finish the game in its entirety, it seems to me an excellent graphic quality and the residences of the creatures look better than the original ones, I was even able to verify that the design of the manticores that, although they are not in the game, also have a very good redesign. I did not have any errors or anything during the course of the game, I think I only found one bug, when I am on the shoals map the enemies are not seen when they move in real time, that is, they are invisible until they are in front of me and only They are seen when I go to turn-based combat, outside of that it is quite enjoyable. Congratulations for your enormous work, I love how this community continues to work on mods of this game franchise that I really enjoy.

The only thing I ask is if there is a way to translate it into Spanish, if you can't, how can I translate it manually? It is more than anything for comfort but otherwise I have no problem playing it in English.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 05 Mar 2023, 17:08

rampage77t wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 21:27 The only thing I ask is if there is a way to translate it into Spanish, if you can't, how can I translate it manually? It is more than anything for comfort but otherwise I have no problem playing it in English.
very good question.

actually i was thinking about it (other languages). well if you got original spanish version of the game - it might work. like if you got main menu in spanish (like poder y magia 4 example or something?) i can copy the style of a main menu if you will send it to me. but you will need to translate all mob's name into spanish variation cause i do not know it myself.
after that will be done - i could create spanish patch too. :tongue: :up:
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

rampage77t
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby rampage77t » 05 Mar 2023, 18:06

vladimir-maestro wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 17:08
rampage77t wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 21:27 The only thing I ask is if there is a way to translate it into Spanish, if you can't, how can I translate it manually? It is more than anything for comfort but otherwise I have no problem playing it in English.
very good question.

actually i was thinking about it (other languages). well if you got original spanish version of the game - it might work. like if you got main menu in spanish (like poder y magia 4 example or something?) i can copy the style of a main menu if you will send it to me. but you will need to translate all mob's name into spanish variation cause i do not know it myself.
after that will be done - i could create spanish patch too. :tongue: :up:

Then I will do a test, I have an installer that translates the game in Spanish, although surely with the mod does not work, or if the mob's name do not be correct, but I can use mmarchive and take out the files that are in Spanish, by I will do the attempt at least :D

edit: It worked, after using the patch I was able to translate the rest of the game content that was left in English, including the main menu, I also finished translating all mob's name into Spanish.
Last edited by rampage77t on 05 Mar 2023, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.

Kaltenberg
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kaltenberg » 05 Mar 2023, 22:20

Unfortunately, I don't have time to play with it, but from the pictures it looks super cool!

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 07 Mar 2023, 05:18

One thing you might want to consider is to have monsters behave the same way they do in MM7Rev4mod.
David

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 08 Mar 2023, 06:32

DaveHer wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 05:18 One thing you might want to consider is to have monsters behave the same way they do in MM7Rev4mod.
David
for example? more complete answer could result to positive consequences. :D
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Mar 2023, 15:25

vladimir-maestro wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 06:32
DaveHer wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 05:18 One thing you might want to consider is to have monsters behave the same way they do in MM7Rev4mod.
David
for example? more complete answer could result to positive consequences. :D
For example, some of the monster use spells. Harps, Gorgoles, and others. Goblins summon other Goblins etc. I believe that having monster summoning other monsters may not work because of the amount of memory already being used by the game. :) It is a simple matter of copy paste from one monster.text to the other. I did it to "MM7 Redone Ultimate" which I have not published yet. Dragon Flies shot "Acid Burst". Trolls throw rocks at you etc.
David

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 08 Mar 2023, 21:32

DaveHer wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 15:25 For example, some of the monster use spells. Harps, Gorgoles, and others. Goblins summon other Goblins etc. I believe that having monster summoning other monsters may not work because of the amount of memory already being used by the game. :) It is a simple matter of copy paste from one monster.text to the other. I did it to "MM7 Redone Ultimate" which I have not published yet. Dragon Flies shot "Acid Burst". Trolls throw rocks at you etc.
David
ok then. i'll keep it for the future :tsup:
p.s. we fixed summon skill limitations btw. some mobs use it like necromancers and pit lords. so i can add more of them + we;re still working on new spells like Implosion to be applied as mob's spell too.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 09 Mar 2023, 02:38

vladimir-maestro wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 21:32
DaveHer wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 15:25 For example, some of the monster use spells. Harps, Gorgoles, and others. Goblins summon other Goblins etc. I believe that having monster summoning other monsters may not work because of the amount of memory already being used by the game. :) It is a simple matter of copy paste from one monster.text to the other. I did it to "MM7 Redone Ultimate" which I have not published yet. Dragon Flies shot "Acid Burst". Trolls throw rocks at you etc.
David
ok then. I'll keep it for the future :tsup:
p.s. we fixed summon skill limitations btw. some mobs use it like necromancers and pit lords. so i can add more of them + we're still working on new spells like Implosion to be applied as mob's spell too.
It sounds like the future version of the "Augmentation mod" is going to be most entertaining and addictive. :-D Maybe I can help in some way. All the redones that I did I did not create new palettes. I used the palettes that come with the games. It was accomplished by using corel draw. The program can extract palettes and apply them to the new image. I look for images in the game that have about the same colors as my new image. I extract the palette from the game image and apply it to my new image. It works 99 % of the time. GrayFace made it possible to add more models to MM7 with the new extension 2.3. So I added more models to "MM7 redone Ultimate." that were done with blender.
David

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 09 Mar 2023, 10:39

DaveHer wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 02:38 It sounds like the future version of the "Augmentation mod" is going to be most entertaining and addictive. :-D Maybe I can help in some way. All the redones that I did I did not create new palettes. I used the palettes that come with the games. It was accomplished by using corel draw. The program can extract palettes and apply them to the new image. I look for images in the game that have about the same colors as my new image. I extract the palette from the game image and apply it to my new image. It works 99 % of the time. GrayFace made it possible to add more models to MM7 with the new extension 2.3. So I added more models to "MM7 redone Ultimate." that were done with blender.
David
nice job. i saw your mods. btw i did the same job with palettes for TCC mod for MM6.

adding new maps and 3d into maps is the hardest part for me now: i dkn why - but editor refused to work under my machine. at all. it's just doen't work. :disagree: so i'm trying to fix that.
so unfortunately, next patch won't contain something extreame new. maximum - new coding and mechanics. also a dozens of new paper dolls and inventory items. i'll post some teaser soon about it.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 09 Mar 2023, 11:34

Thank you for the compliment concerning my mods. I wish you luck on fixing that thing about new maps and 3d into maps. GrayFace might help you with that. He helped me Several times when I was doing the mods. The editor was not working correctly and he fixed the problems.
David

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 13 Mar 2023, 09:56

small update about future patch v0.2 (i'll translate)

new playable characters, new items and new skill - *Cloth* work in progress final plot could change.
Cloth will be brand new armor skill for mages/monks.
N: no any penalties on use.
E: skill level raise Mana regeneration
M: skill level added to HP (x3 effect)
G: add chance to completely dodge enemy spells (50% maximum)

Unlike it was in Maestro mod (if anyone remembers) - in Augmentation, the same type of armor will look quite the same on the characters, no matter gender or race (dwarves).

+ I plan to correct the century injustice and add dwarves undead (zombies and lich dwarves). in the original, who played dwarves and promote them to lich - heroes grew up. now they shouldn't.

P.S. all this and much more would be impossible without the support of Grayface! He's a very cool dude! Thanks to him!

You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 13 Mar 2023, 14:40

It looks great. Check your email.
David

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 21 Mar 2023, 14:47

hello!
so a month passes since release. any feed backs? how it was? what about balance, new economy sustem? any bugs and glitches? any fixes need to be done?
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 27 Mar 2023, 21:14

(Veeeery late) Happy birthday!!! :-D

Your mod looks absolutely amazing. I hope it plays longer than original game, or difficulty is higher, so game doesn't end too quickly :)

I'm finally gonna start playing it (have some my own mm-related projects and got involved in them). Since I'm more on the developer side of community, you can expect somewhat detailed feedback. Don't know how long it will take me to complete.

Again, thanks for your work! :)
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

Ark_Tolei
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ark_Tolei » 30 Mar 2023, 10:46

Just tried out this mod for the first time today. I'm not terribly aesthetically oriented so I can't comment too strongly on the graphical changes. The spiders were pretty spooky. The snakefly's were a legitimately cool and interesting model, and I appreciate having more than two models for villagers. I appreciate the aesthetic choice of humanoids getting more advanced armor as they go up in tier.

I noticed that creatures no longer appear to be dropping money, but I seemed to have plenty for now. Were ground drops adjusted to higher values to compensate?

It would be nice to have a list of changes made to the classes somewhere. I like digging into the math side of things. I noticed druids have GM available for elemental spells which is a nice change. They were very weak in vanilla. I'll comment more on class design if and when I notice more changes.

I did run into a bug or change with the goblin fort that I don't know whether it's tied to the mod or not (I don't recall seeing it in vanilla, but I don't remember every bug I run into). A fireball randomly hit the top of a hill well outside the typical attack range, and coming from extremely high up. I have a recording for location. As near I can tell, it felt like the spawn location for the fireball was set incorrectly and it followed its normal trajectory to a different destination.

I haven't actually headed to the fort yet so if you simply changed how the fort works, and that's expected behavior, feel free to ignore it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1779746035

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 30 Mar 2023, 19:56

Ark_Tolei wrote: 30 Mar 2023, 10:46 Just tried out this mod for the first time today. I'm not terribly aesthetically oriented so I can't comment too strongly on the graphical changes. The spiders were pretty spooky. The snakefly's were a legitimately cool and interesting model, and I appreciate having more than two models for villagers. I appreciate the aesthetic choice of humanoids getting more advanced armor as they go up in tier.

I noticed that creatures no longer appear to be dropping money, but I seemed to have plenty for now. Were ground drops adjusted to higher values to compensate?

It would be nice to have a list of changes made to the classes somewhere. I like digging into the math side of things. I noticed druids have GM available for elemental spells which is a nice change. They were very weak in vanilla. I'll comment more on class design if and when I notice more changes.

I did run into a bug or change with the goblin fort that I don't know whether it's tied to the mod or not (I don't recall seeing it in vanilla, but I don't remember every bug I run into). A fireball randomly hit the top of a hill well outside the typical attack range, and coming from extremely high up. I have a recording for location. As near I can tell, it felt like the spawn location for the fireball was set incorrectly and it followed its normal trajectory to a different destination.

I haven't actually headed to the fort yet so if you simply changed how the fort works, and that's expected behavior, feel free to ignore it.

thanks!
actually there are not so many changes, minor of them are just experiments for the future upgrade.
yes - monsters now do not drop any money to make economy more harder. (future update for economy strategy element to upgrade and level up harmondale)

p.s. skills of some classes depends of the patch you choose. knight: light will grand spear but master sword. dark - opposite. so druid will grand elements on dark path i guess...if i remember it correctly and EGO on light patch.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 02 Apr 2023, 18:47

Im trying it out now, Love most of the new monster sprites, all except the troglodytes so far. 2 things i would change/add would be more flora to erathia, the land is just grass and trees and it becomes starkly obvious somehting was missing when i was walking to the raiders. The other thing is something Im not even sure is possible, but is it possible to fix that weird window of space in the FOV that allows u to target and attack enemies without being able to actually hit them? would make kiting groups away more convenient if i can actually hit the dudes im firing at when at the edge of the FOV. Oh one other thing, is it possible to remove the running away at low health for things like the wolf riders? They move so dang fast that unless i turned it into turn based they would run far away really fast. Otherwise i love that they are so quick and make it harder to shoot them down.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 03 Apr 2023, 12:03

I have played through emerald island, and must say you've done amazing job!!! Game feels much more "living" now, and new monster sprites are also very welcome. I looked at the screenshots and I probably won't like behemoths ;) but that hasn't happened yet and all sprites so far were really nice.

Class changes are superb and have actually caused me to create much different party than I usually make (knight/ranger/pala/druid). Especially like that ranger gets now m/gm disarm :) . If I can suggest something, mind making M armsmaster available to both ranger paths? That would help in comparison to paladin, because the latter gets gm shield/mace/plate (50% phys reduction), M/GM self spells, M armsmaster on one path and even master light/dark! Unless I'm not seeing something, ranger is very weak compared to pala, and he is using the axe, slowest weapon; perhaps that armsmaster and GM chain could compensate? Also Tomsod in his elemental mod made expert axe double effect (each point reduces recovery by two). That is also something to consider. Master elemental or self, depending on path, would also make him more enticing power-wise.

Also, I don't know if it's a good thing that dark paths are generally restricted to GM self spells only and light to GM elemental respectively. That forces you to take cleric/sorcerer if you want corresponding spells on other path. Perhaps mixing it up would be beneficial?

My only problem is that there are no content changes :( I have played through vanilla countless times and want something new desperately. Are you planning to include some of them in future updates? I can contribute some small/simple dungeons if needed (I know a bit of modeling, but not too much).
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 03 Apr 2023, 19:30

Not sure if bug or intentional but all the dragons in the mega dragon cave gave 0 loot and the place and chest loot of both the dragon caves was low level stuff. was a bit dissappointed as ive had trouble getting any good loot pretty much all game, lots of money, but the only relic ive found was in clankers and the rare and powerful rings and weapons have been very scarce ( could just be my luck) even the griffin bow ive only found 2 and im still using the assassin daggers as i havent found any better daggers (again could just be my luck) but i know they you did some modifications to the loot and was curious to if this is intentional or not.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Return to “Might and Magic”