MM7Rev4modR1 Redone Ultimate

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

MM7Rev4modR1 Redone Ultimate

Unread postby DaveHer » 31 Dec 2022, 11:18

This mod has everthing. You do not need anything else. It has GrayFace patch 2.5.7 and the new MMExtension and editor 2.3. With this new MMExtension and editor, I was able to add more models to the maps. Before this, there was a limit as to how many models could be placed in MM7 maps. This mod has extra monsters in almost every map. Most of the bitmap texture and sprites have been upscaled to a higher resolution. The original quests in Emerald Island and Harmondale are still there. I added eight additional quest (two in each of the following maps: Tatalia, Deyja, Avlee, and Tularean Forest. You will need to look for the quest giver. There is something new in these quests that was not possible before for MM7 and that is kill all monsters in a map of a particular type. There is an NPC in Emerald Island and Harmondale that can give unlimited heal party. There is an NPC in Emerald Island that gives +10 to all resistances. Many sprites have been resized to a more realistic size.

See pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link Double click on the images for a larger view.

Installation is easy.

1 Install a clean copy of MM7 GOG.
2 Install mod. Place everything into the installation folder of MM7. Overwrite all.
3 Create party and play.

Download link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/mm7rev4modr1-redone-ultimate
David Hernandez

Kaltenberg
Peasant
Peasant

Re: MM7Rev4modR1 Redone Ultimate

Unread postby Kaltenberg » 06 Jan 2023, 19:20

Thanks for the mod!
I have a few observations about it.
Bracada and Avlee maps do not load, the game quits. I've only looked at it with editor, and it could be a problem on my end. This is the error message (Bracada):

The minimap doesn't really follow the innovations, e.g. the new bridges on the map, and I don't understand why houses are floating in Deyja.
A couple of small things, not all weapons are aligned to the characters' hands, e.g. the Club at the very beginning. Also, the skill/class descriptions don't follow the changed class names (Alchemist has Druid, Barbarian has Knight, Light Armor has the original Leather descriptions).

Bitmaps and new sprites look amazing though, something breathtakingly beautiful! Very, very nice work, I just stared and stared!

(Unfortunately I only got this far, no time to play. :( )

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 07 Jan 2023, 04:19

Kaltenberg wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 19:20 Thanks for the mod!
I have a few observations about it.
Bracada and Avlee maps do not load, the game quits. I've only looked at it with editor, and it could be a problem on my end. This is the error message (Bracada):

The minimap doesn't really follow the innovations, e.g. the new bridges on the map, and I don't understand why houses are floating in Deyja.
A couple of small things, not all weapons are aligned to the characters' hands, e.g. the Club at the very beginning. Also, the skill/class descriptions don't follow the changed class names (Alchemist has Druid, Barbarian has Knight, Light Armor has the original Leather descriptions).

Bitmaps and new sprites look amazing though, something breathtakingly beautiful! Very, very nice work, I just stared and stared!

(Unfortunately I only got this far, no time to play. :( )
If you installed the hot fix, that is why you cannot go to Avlee and Bracada. GrayFace patch (which is already in the mod) takes care of that. For testing, I installed the mod according to the instructions above and had no problem going to those maps. You are supposed to use a little imagination about deyja, the house are sustained by black magic. You may have to install it again. Do not delete you save games.
David

Lotus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lotus » 10 Feb 2023, 07:50

Installed and played the first day, worked great and looked good. Having some issues a few days later though, check the screenshot. Tried to reinstall over it but stayed the same. The shop signs are especially strange. Any idea what could be causing it?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 10 Feb 2023, 20:47

Lotus wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 07:50 Installed and played the first day, worked great and looked good. Having some issues a few days later though, check the screenshot. Tried to reinstall over it but stayed the same. The shop signs are especially strange. Any idea what could be causing it?

Installation is easy.

2 Install mod. Place everything into the installation folder of MM7. Overwrite all.
3 Create party and play.
You were to install nothing else, no GrayFace Patch. If you played the game with a save game from the other version, then that will create problems. Do not install the Hot fix. I tested the installation instructions and It worked fine for me. No issues.
David Hernandez

asthrab
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby asthrab » 11 Feb 2023, 08:40

During courier quest, when Hume asked us to fix the pendant in Harmondale (douglas Inverson) , can't finish the quest (probably because you replace the courier delivery with heal party?)

Lotus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lotus » 11 Feb 2023, 16:00

DaveHer wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 20:47 Installation is easy.

3 Create party and play.
You were to install nothing else, no GrayFace Patch. If you played the game with a save game from the other version, then that will create problems. Do not install the Hot fix. I tested the installation instructions and It worked fine for me. No issues.
David Hernandez
I did the clean copy and just the mod, overwriting all, created a new party and everything. Did a complete uninstall/reinstall but it was the same.

I noticed it was acting like the GrayFace patch wasn't working (old Gui, no fullscreen/window select, no hardware gfx support, etc) so I tried to apply it and everything seems to be working great now. It's odd since it worked great the first day, maybe it just reverted somehow between when I shutdown and opened a few days later. Anyway glad it's working now.

Currently at the same place the person above me is, can confirm the second courier quest doesn't seem like it can be completed as the Heal Party seems to override the quest dialogue option to fix the broken amulet for the quest.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 11 Feb 2023, 22:53

asthrab wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 08:40 During courier quest, when Hume asked us to fix the pendant in Harmondale (douglas Inverson) , can't finish the quest (probably because you replace the courier delivery with heal party?)
Here is the link to fix the pendant Quest.
Place it in the Scripts\Global folder. Overwrite the existing file. The Heal Party went to the NPC next door to the left. You do not need to start a new game. :) Sorry guy.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 12 Feb 2023, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

Lotus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lotus » 12 Feb 2023, 00:40

Nice, it works. Heal Party is next door also, it replaced the Repair Item expert option but not really a loss.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 12 Feb 2023, 18:18

Lotus wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 00:40 Nice, it works. Heal Party is next door also, it replaced the Repair Item expert option but not really a loss.
Click on the download above again it has a new Heal Party Lod file. It solves the Repair Item expert problem. The Heal Party went to Tanya Kirklinn. Who is over the mountain.
David

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 13 Feb 2023, 19:19

Lotus wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 16:00 I noticed it was acting like the GrayFace patch wasn't working (old Gui, no fullscreen/window select, no hardware gfx support, etc) so I tried to apply it and everything seems to be working great now. It's odd since it worked great the first day, maybe it just reverted somehow between when I shutdown and opened a few days later. Anyway glad it's working now.
If you haven't specified compatibility settings, Windows will set its own preferences without telling you. That's why I always recommend to set Windows XP SP3 compat on mm8.exe and mm8setup.exe for Merge.

ShaminoTR
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ShaminoTR » 19 Feb 2023, 21:52

Hi David, thank you so much for keeping up these great mods and making them better!

I installed your MM7Rev4modR1 Redone Ultimate mod, just as described, put the exe files in XP-compatibility mode. Everything works, except the graphics are low-res (legacy MM7) and not the new high-res graphics I see on your screen shots. I tried this several times, didn't mess with the ini file, etc. Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!!

UPDATE: Nevermind, it works now. I have no idea why. I'm so confused!! :p
Last edited by ShaminoTR on 19 Feb 2023, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

OdinZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby OdinZ » 21 Feb 2023, 11:35

Hi! Loving the game, having a party of barbarian, ninja, priest and mage. Done all the Promotion quests with the exception of the watchtower in deja quest which i havent gotten around to doing yet, and the ninja promotions. Hence the issue: I cant find any promotion quests for Ninja. Bartholomew doesnt exist anywhere. Ive been to the meditation spot in the barrows to see if it would activate there, and it didnt. ive talked to the greatest majority of npcs. i just cant find the promotion quest. i started a new game and speedran emerald island just to check if Bartholomew was originally in the church of harmondale. he wasnt. My ninja is kinda sub-par considering everyone else in my party is on the final promotion with gm skills and he isnt.

I hope its just me that havent seen x npc in the pit or something.

rampage77t
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby rampage77t » 21 Feb 2023, 19:19

OdinZ wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 11:35 Hi! Loving the game, having a party of barbarian, ninja, priest and mage. Done all the Promotion quests with the exception of the watchtower in deja quest which i havent gotten around to doing yet, and the ninja promotions. Hence the issue: I cant find any promotion quests for Ninja. Bartholomew doesnt exist anywhere. Ive been to the meditation spot in the barrows to see if it would activate there, and it didnt. ive talked to the greatest majority of npcs. i just cant find the promotion quest. i started a new game and speedran emerald island just to check if Bartholomew was originally in the church of harmondale. he wasnt. My ninja is kinda sub-par considering everyone else in my party is on the final promotion with gm skills and he isnt.

Bartholomew is found next to the stable in the Bracada desert in this mod, unless he's been changed he should be there.

OdinZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby OdinZ » 21 Feb 2023, 21:14

rampage77t wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 19:19
OdinZ wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 11:35 Hi! Loving the game, having a party of barbarian, ninja, priest and mage. Done all the Promotion quests with the exception of the watchtower in deja quest which i havent gotten around to doing yet, and the ninja promotions. Hence the issue: I cant find any promotion quests for Ninja. Bartholomew doesnt exist anywhere. Ive been to the meditation spot in the barrows to see if it would activate there, and it didnt. ive talked to the greatest majority of npcs. i just cant find the promotion quest. i started a new game and speedran emerald island just to check if Bartholomew was originally in the church of harmondale. he wasnt. My ninja is kinda sub-par considering everyone else in my party is on the final promotion with gm skills and he isnt.

Bartholomew is found next to the stable in the Bracada desert in this mod, unless he's been changed he should be there.
Damn. Ive talked to that guy with another quest actually, but didnt think that it would be him xD Thanks for the info! Now i can finish the playthrough <3

ShaminoTR
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ShaminoTR » 21 Feb 2023, 21:28

Hi. I'm doing MM7 for the first time. I now decided its better to do the unmodded version first, except ofc Gray Face patch. 2nd run I will do this modded version.

For the unmodded version, is there a way to load the HQ graphics only, without the MM7RevmodR1 mod? Would love to have only the graphics (ok and maybe widescreen).

Thanks!

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 22 Feb 2023, 00:04

ShaminoTR wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 21:28 Hi. I'm doing MM7 for the first time. I now decided its better to do the unmodded version first, except ofc Gray Face patch. 2nd run I will do this modded version.

For the unmodded version, is there a way to load the HQ graphics only, without the MM7RevmodR1 mod? Would love to have only the graphics (ok and maybe widescreen).

Thanks!
You need to play "The Original MM7 Redone" Done by me. It is in this form. :-D
David

ShaminoTR
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ShaminoTR » 22 Feb 2023, 12:30

Wow thank you for the fast response!

OdinZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby OdinZ » 22 Feb 2023, 23:55

Next issue! :P in "the land of the giants" you get a quest from "the maestro" to gain some books from the dragon king and queen in their caves. I have successfully retrieved them! Yay! However, the game decides to crash whenever i try to hand in the books. Bummer.

I tried to uninstall everything, reinstall everything. Both all at once, and in parts. I tried deleting the extra "lod" files as David said i should. I tried installing the normal "redone" version. Nothing worked.
-FIXED-
If you have the same problem as i had, save right before you hand in the quest. Close the game, open the game again in MM7-Rel (im guessing thats without the greyface patch) the game looks really bad, but you can hand in the quest. Get your reward, and save. DO NOT OPEN THE INVENTORY. Or do, but the game crashes, and if you forgot to save then do it again.

NOW! Open the game as normal and get your reward :)
Last edited by OdinZ on 23 Jun 2023, 14:16, edited 2 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 24 Feb 2023, 11:09

OdinZ wrote: 22 Feb 2023, 23:55 Next issue! :P in "the land of the giants" you get a quest from "the maestro" to gain some books from the dragon king and queen in their caves. I have successfully retrieved them! Yay! However, the game decides to crash whenever i try to hand in the books. Bummer.
I do not know why that happened. No one has reported that bug.
David

Return to “Might and Magic”