MIGHT AND MAGIC - SWORD SWING MOD ver. 1.41 (for M&M 6,7,8,Merge)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Ivan Petrov
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MIGHT AND MAGIC - SWORD SWING MOD ver. 1.41 (for M&M 6,7,8,Merge)

Unread postby Ivan Petrov » 21 Dec 2022, 01:59

MIGHT AND MAGIC - SWORD SWING MOD ver.1.41
01/02/2023

DESCRIPTION:
A mod for Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 and Merge that adds melee animations for your party's characters. Despite the fact that the mod is very small, it, in my opinion, significantly improves the feeling of combat in the game.

NEW IN VERSION 1.4:
- improved swipe animations
- the swipe now does not take place in the center of the screen, but on the monster you are hitting

DOWNLOAD MOD: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

Author: Ivan Petrov (ivpetr7792@gmail.com)
Thanks for the help and advice eksekk and GrayFace

INSTALLATION ON M&M 6, 7 and 8:

1) install plugins from GrayFace:
- MM6Patch v2.5.7 (https://grayface.github.io/mm/)
- The latest version of MMExtension - v2.3 (https://github.com/GrayFace/MMExtension)

2) copy the contents of the "files MM6" or "files MM7" or "files MM8" folder (depending on the game version) to the game folder

INSTALLATION ON M&M Merge:

1) copy the contents of the folder "files MM_merge" to the folder with the game with the replacement
(I recommend that you make a backup copy of the "Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua" file from the game before doing this. This will allow you to completely remove the mod from the game in the future, if desired)

NOTES:
- The mod for Might and Magic 6 will work fine with the old version of MMExtension (v2.2), but Might&Magic 7 and 8 will require a new version, which can be downloaded from github from the link above

- By default, the weapon swing animation is played when hitting a monster in melee combat. If you wish, you can configure the mod so that it plays the animation with any swing of the weapon: to do this, in the Scripts\General\swing.lua file, remove the comment signs (--) from the function numbered [1] and, conversely, make the function numbered inactive [2] (this option is not available in the M&M 8 and Merge versions)

- M&M Merge should be installed as indicated in the instructions for this mod. "Sword swing mod" should be installed on it without additional manipulations.

UNINSTALLATION:
Delete all the files you copied from the game folder (including ObjList.txt and SFT.txt - MMExtension will re-create these tables the next time you start the game)
After uninstalling from M&M Merge - copy your backup file "00 structs.lua" to folder "Scripts\Structs\"

PLANS FOR THE POSSIBLE FURTHER DEVELOPMENT OF THE MOD:
- different animations for magical weapon damage, as well as special attacks (for example, mace stun or dagger triple damage), miss and hit, different types of weapons
Last edited by Ivan Petrov on 28 May 2023, 09:10, edited 49 times in total.

Kaltenberg
Peasant
Peasant

Re: MIGHT AND MAGIC - SWORD SWING MOD

Unread postby Kaltenberg » 22 Dec 2022, 09:23

I tried and really like it. Super cool and atmospheric! :yes:

Ivan Petrov
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MIGHT AND MAGIC - SWORD SWING MOD

Unread postby Ivan Petrov » 23 Dec 2022, 05:52

Kaltenberg wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 09:23 I tried and really like it. Super cool and atmospheric! :yes:
Thank you!

GracieFay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MIGHT AND MAGIC - SWORD SWING MOD ver. 1.41

Unread postby GracieFay » 14 Jan 2023, 02:48

I gave it a try and really liked it. incredibly cool and moody! basketball stars

Malekitsu
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malekitsu » 19 Jan 2023, 15:05

thanks!
Looks very nice and helps understand who are you hitting (specially on missed attacks)

Mira23
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mira23 » 15 Feb 2023, 04:49

Ivan Petrov wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 01:59 MIGHT AND MAGIC - SWORD SWING MOD ver.1.41
01/02/2023

DESCRIPTION:
A mod for Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 and Merge that adds melee animations for your party's characters. Despite the fact that the mod is very small, it, in my opinion, significantly improves the feeling of combat in the game.

NEW IN VERSION 1.4:
- the swipe now does not take place in the center of the screen, but on the monster you are hitting

- The latest version of MMExtension - v2.3 (https://github.com/GrayFace/MMExtension connections )

2) copy the contents of the "files MM6" or "files MM7" or "files MM8" folder (depending on the game version) to the game folder

1) copy the contents of the folder "files MM_merge" to the folder with the game with the replacement
(I recommend that you make a backup copy of the "Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua" file from the game before doing this. This will allow you to completely remove the mod from the game in the future, if desired)

NOTES:
- The mod for Might and Magic 6 will work fine with the old version of MMExtension (v2.2), but Might&Magic 7 and 8 will require a new version, which can be downloaded from github from the link above

- By default, the weapon swing animation is played when hitting a monster in melee combat. If you wish, you can configure the mod so that it plays the animation with any swing of the weapon: to do this, in the Scripts\General\swing.lua file, remove the comment signs (--) from the function numbered [1] and, conversely, make the function numbered inactive [2] (this option is not available in the M&M 8 and Merge versions)

- M&M Merge should be installed as indicated in the instructions for this mod. "Sword swing mod" should be installed on it without additional manipulations.

UNINSTALLATION:
Delete all the files you copied from the game folder (including ObjList.txt and SFT.txt - MMExtension will re-create these tables the next time you start the game)
After uninstalling from M&M Merge - copy your backup file "00 structs.lua" to folder "Scripts\Structs\"

- different animations for magical weapon damage, as well as special attacks (for example, mace stun or dagger triple damage), miss and hit, different types of weapons
I really like how this mod looks and works but I can't download it in the link you shared
Last edited by Mira23 on 07 Aug 2023, 02:33, edited 3 times in total.

Ivan Petrov
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ivan Petrov » 15 Feb 2023, 14:10

Mira23 wrote: 15 Feb 2023, 04:49
Ivan Petrov wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 01:59 MIGHT AND MAGIC - SWORD SWING MOD ver.1.41
01/02/2023

DESCRIPTION:

NEW IN VERSION 1.4:

- The latest version of MMExtension - v2.3 (https://github.com/GrayFace/MMExtension bubble shooter )

NOTES:

UNINSTALLATION:

I really like how this mod looks and works but I can't download it in the link you shared
you can't download my mod itself? just follow the link and click the "download all" button in the upper right corner

Mercs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mercs » 27 May 2023, 08:38

Hi, can you provide a guide on installing the mod w/ Multiplayer mod? Version "for" multiplayer mod would be fine too, but the MP mod itself is in a state of constant patching atm, so there is no guarantee sword swing version for it will not go outdated/break stuff. Better provide a guide on how to "patch" existing files to include SwordSwing changes.

I see that 00 structs.lua, SFT.txt and ObjList.txt are all present in Multiplayer archive, so I am basically talking about those 3 files. Thanks!

Ivan Petrov
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ivan Petrov » 28 May 2023, 09:06

Mercs wrote: 27 May 2023, 08:38 Hi, can you provide a guide on installing the mod w/ Multiplayer mod? Version "for" multiplayer mod would be fine too, but the MP mod itself is in a state of constant patching atm, so there is no guarantee sword swing version for it will not go outdated/break stuff. Better provide a guide on how to "patch" existing files to include SwordSwing changes.

I see that 00 structs.lua, SFT.txt and ObjList.txt are all present in Multiplayer archive, so I am basically talking about those 3 files. Thanks!
Theoretically, if the Multiplayer is based on MMMerge and does not replace any of these files with its own - it should work simply by installing it as described above (that is, simply copying the files from the files MM_merge to the folder :))))

But if you need to remake its files for performance from Multiplayer, then here is an approximate description of how to change files (I hope I didn’t forget anything):

- 4 new lines with objects ("nb1a" etc. numbered 700..703) have been added to the ObjList.txt file. If these numbers do not match other object numbers, they do not need to be changed. Just add these four lines to the updated file.

- Animation frames of these objects by groups are added to the SFT.txt file (16 in total. "na1", etc.). In the case of MMMerge, as far as I understand, the line of this file begins with the serial number of the line. So just add these lines to the end of the file under the next line numbers in the list.

- In swing8.SPRITES.LOD there are pictures of animations.

- There is a script in swingMerge.lua. If you changed the numbers of objects (700..703) to others, change their numbers in the script as well ("if r==0 then t=700 end", etc.).

- Regarding file 00 structs.lua. The fact is that my modification for MM6..8 is based on the current version of MMExtension from GitHub. Since MMMerge was using the current stable version of MMExtension, I had to make my own small change to one of the MMExtension files that come with MMMerge. If the authors of MMMerge release a new version based on the new version of MMExtension, it may be necessary to simply not add this modified file to the mod. If the authors of the Multiplayer do not change anything in the file 00 structs.lua themselves, then just replace this file with mine. If they made their changes to 00 structs.lua from the current MMMerge - contact me, you will have to remember what I changed there :) (there are literally a couple of lines)

Mercs
Peasant
Peasant

Re: MIGHT AND MAGIC - SWORD SWING MOD ver. 1.41 (for M&M 6,7,8,Merge)

Unread postby Mercs » 28 May 2023, 11:00

Yeah I just ran three mentioned files through DIFF and there seems to be no difference apart from the additions in Swing mod. Will test it now.
Why do they even put files in archive if there is no difference from base merge??! Had me confused.

UPD. Yep, it works! Animation for other player is really small on their screen though and doesn't really help them see me attacking a certain monster haha.

Ivan Petrov
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ivan Petrov » 28 May 2023, 12:22

Mercs wrote: 28 May 2023, 11:00 Yeah I just ran three mentioned files through DIFF and there seems to be no difference apart from the additions in Swing mod. Will test it now.
Why do they even put files in archive if there is no difference from base merge??! Had me confused.

UPD. Yep, it works! Animation for other player is really small on their screen though and doesn't really help them see me attacking a certain monster haha.
in principle, if you want other players to see your attacks well - I think this can be fixed by increasing the size of the objects (it seems that this can be done through ObjList.txt) and changing the formula in swingMerge.lua (if I'm not confusing anything - you need change the coefficient 40 in the formula after the Game.SummonObjects operator to a larger one. I advise you not to forget to also adjust the coefficients in the formula for shifting objects vertically, this is the variable zz). Although, maybe it's the other way around - it's better when the attacks of others are not visible, I don't know.

Mercs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mercs » 28 May 2023, 12:49

Thing is on their side it is shown in front of my character, and not on the monster. If it could be bigger and shown on the monster like it's shown for the one attacking, it would help improve feedback and situation awareness in multiplayer (or maybe the reason for it not being shown on the monster is simply because of scale, gotta test and see actually)

Ivan Petrov
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ivan Petrov » 28 May 2023, 12:54

Mercs wrote: 28 May 2023, 12:49 Thing is on their side it is shown in front of my character, and not on the monster. If it could be bigger and shown on the monster like it's shown for the one attacking, it would help improve feedback and situation awareness in multiplayer (or maybe the reason for it not being shown on the monster is simply because of scale, gotta test and see actually)
at the moment, the "swing of the sword" is shifted from the player by some distance. In principle, one could write a formula that would display it on the monster or between the player and the monster. But I think this is somewhat illogical. In principle, in order to understand who the player is attacking, there is an animation of the player’s attack and an animation of the hit and blood of the monster

resteva
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby resteva » 05 Jun 2023, 03:30

In theory, one could invent a formula that would show it either on the monster or in the space that exists between the player and the monster. This would provide the player more information about the state of the fight.

Return to “Might and Magic”