[New Mod] Custom Dungeon Mod for MM7 is out!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Re: [New Mod] Custom Dungeon Mod for MM7 is out!

Unread postby neutonm » 06 Oct 2022, 13:37

DaveHer wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 10:38 I have been watching your videos and may I say that the building look very nice. :) You might want to replace the trees, Flowers, rocks etc. with HD images. If you like, you can have the images from MM7Rev4modR1 Redone Patch Two. It has the best HD images. You do not have to worry about palettes because I did not create new palettes. I used palettes from the MM7 game. I use coreldraw to extract the palettes from MM7 images and then applied them to my new images. All you have to do is (using MMAchive) open my sprites.lod and your sprites.lod and drag and drop from mine to yours. After the drag and drop, check the palette name at the bottom left-hand corner of the MMAchive. If it changes (it should not change), you will need to edit the SFT.txt file. At the bottom of the SFT.txt file is a list of all the new sprites I added to the game. If you use those, you will need to add the line to your SFT.txt file and also from the DecList.txt to your DecList.txt file.
David
That's great! Thanks David!
I will sure look into it and apply suggested changes :)

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 08 Oct 2022, 09:46

No stream this time, but lots of work has been done: north-east part of the swamp island has been completed. It's a forest on a mountain. It has bridge that connects with another small island with a lighthouse. I've also put "Stonehenge" altar in the forest area - one of imported assets from original game. Think it fits there.

A bit difficult to show the awesomeness of the result via screenshots, so... since the island almost completed, i'll do demo video of the island soon.

Overall, most of the level design is completed. Perhaps one or two dev streams and the whole area will be finished (finally) :)

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 31 Oct 2022, 09:15

Here it is, brand new stream!

In order to avoid limitation I had to switch to Windows. The old hotkeys made a slightly slow start with Blender, but eventually the job got done.
The video would be longer if I'd have included previous attempts to record a stream, but since the stream shows whole map I decided to skip those.

Next stop - "stitching", the scripting part of level design. This won't get covered in a new stream, because it's ultra slow and extra boring, so I guess next stream will cover dungeon modelling. Plus, i have to put some level secrets without your knowledge about them ;)

Anyway, the stream covers:
  • making of portal platform
  • decorating "abandoned mines" area
  • modelling Boat House and the boat itself
  • decorating small islands located outside the "active play area"
  • tweaking water animations for wells, barrels and fountains

Kaltenberg
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kaltenberg » 04 Nov 2022, 20:06

Absolutely beautiful work, congratulations! Every detail is spot on, I don't think they could have done it so well in the original game! In my opinion it is an etalon for all modders. For me too.
May I ask when it will be playable?

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 05 Nov 2022, 08:20

neutonm wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 09:15 Here it is, brand new stream!

In order to avoid limitation I had to switch to Windows. The old hotkeys made a slightly slow start with Blender, but eventually the job got done.
The video would be longer if I'd have included previous attempts to record a stream, but since the stream shows whole map I decided to skip those.

Next stop - "stitching", the scripting part of level design. This won't get covered in a new stream, because it's ultra slow and extra boring, so I guess next stream will cover dungeon modelling. Plus, i have to put some level secrets without your knowledge about them ;)

Anyway, the stream covers:
  • making of portal platform
  • decorating "abandoned mines" area
  • modelling Boat House and the boat itself
  • decorating small islands located outside the "active play area"
  • tweaking water animations for wells, barrels and fountains
Looks grand! It's quite strange to see clearly an M&M game, yet completely new locations :)

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 06 Nov 2022, 11:34

Kaltenberg wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 20:06 Absolutely beautiful work, congratulations! Every detail is spot on, I don't think they could have done it so well in the original game! In my opinion it is an etalon for all modders. For me too.
May I ask when it will be playable?
Thanks Kaltenberg :)
I really want to and will try to deliver around christmas/new year time, altough no promises yet.The mod's birthday was at some day of December.
Right now, i making quests and writing npc topics. I'll do few more dungeons and one extra location.

Minimally, it needs to have +2 dungeons and few side quests. At that point the game will offer at least 4 - 5 hours of gameplay (given that player will do everything flawlessly which is not a common case)
Echo wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 08:20 Looks grand! It's quite strange to see clearly an M&M game, yet completely new locations :)
Yep. Got the same feelings - it's like discovering some hidden location that you weren't aware of for last 20 years. Something like analogue of Vori island ;)

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 06 Nov 2022, 17:43

New development clip - Swamp Island. If you haven't watched streams, this will demonstrate the whole island that has been in making for last month.

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 07 Nov 2022, 08:23

Saw you posting on one of the discords, visited your site, watched some vids, saw the link to this thread and figured I'd say great job here too! :)
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 07 Nov 2022, 09:32

Blake wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 08:23 Saw you posting on one of the discords, visited your site, watched some vids, saw the link to this thread and figured I'd say great job here too! :)
Thanks man! Appreciated :)

CATMAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CATMAN » 09 Nov 2022, 13:15

...this mod can be used together with "merge"? :embarrased: Maybe I missed something...

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 09 Nov 2022, 21:48

CATMAN wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 13:15 ...this mod can be used together with "merge"? :embarrased: Maybe I missed something...
Not yet, although i don't know for sure. Shouldn't be a problem to port into merge. But that will happen after the official release.

CATMAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CATMAN » 22 Nov 2022, 17:23

neutonm wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 21:48
CATMAN wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 13:15 ...this mod can be used together with "merge"? :embarrased: Maybe I missed something...
Not yet, although i don't know for sure. Shouldn't be a problem to port into merge. But that will happen after the official release.
...have to wait for release...

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 11 Apr 2023, 21:01

Hey all,

there's been plenty of updates, so if anyone wonder about the new stuff, make sure to check our discord server:
https://discord.gg/4VWU4ad9Qh

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 19 Jun 2023, 14:27

I've just released a new dev stream video. I got carried away, so it's quite lengthy - a first of its kind. Feel free to only watch the sections that particularly interest you.

Now, let's dive into the features of this video:
  • The process of slicing or dividing levels into smaller rooms
  • Collision checks and fixes to prevent the player from getting stuck "in textures"
  • The resolution of several issues and bugs
  • Pedantic hunt for texture inconsistencies
  • Making of doors and chests
  • Introduction of a new monster: the Ratman from MM8
  • Including the level into the game
Be Aware!
  • Long Video
  • This stream may be a major spoiler, as it reveals almost the entire dungeon.
I hope you find the stream enjoyable and educational, especially if you plan to make mods. The dungeon is 99% complete and is about to enter its final stage - Game Design stage. This involves proper monster placement, careful planning for items in the chest, and overall balancing and tweaking of the level.

Return to “Might and Magic”