Chaos Conspiracy Redone Enhanced

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Chaos Conspiracy Redone Enhanced

Unread postby DaveHer » 18 Dec 2021, 20:31

There is now an enhance version of The Chaos Conspiracy Redone and it was done by GrayFace.
GrayFace Wrote: Here are files for MM6 version of TCCR. Includes reworked
sprites and fixed maps. I've removed all extra monsters that resulted
from the export trick that you used, fixed some textures and their alignment etc. :-D
Check on the thread for The Chaos Conspiracy Redone above. Click on the link for "Mod Jobs" not the Nexus.
Thank You GrayFace

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: Chaos Conspiracy Redone Enhanced

Unread postby DaveHer » 27 Dec 2021, 20:50

There is a patch for the enhance version at Mod Job. Go to the main thread at the top of page and click on the link for Mod job. The enhanced bitmaps were made by GrayFace.
David

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Dec 2021, 22:42

Short summary:

The Chaos Conspiracy Redone Enhanced for MMVI - The original mod was made by Big Daddy Jim and later moddified by Maestro and now by David Hernandez. The Mod was made with GrayFace modding tools and Corel Draw. And recently extended with HD textures patches "TCCR Enhanced" and "TCCR Enhanced Patch" by GrayFace, these makes CCR Patch 3 obsolete.

Download here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-chaos-co ... /downloads

Related threads: Chaos Conspiracy Redone
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/ ... ?start=140

Hope I did it right David, featured in news ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 27 Dec 2021, 23:13

Pol wrote: 27 Dec 2021, 22:42 Short summary:

The Chaos Conspiracy Redone Enhanced for MMVI - The original mod was made by Big Daddy Jim and later moddified by Maestro and now by David Hernandez. The Mod was made with GrayFace modding tools and Corel Draw. And recently extended with HD textures patches "TCCR Enhanced" and "TCCR Enhanced Patch" by GrayFace, these makes CCR Patch 3 obsolete.

Download here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-chaos-co ... /downloads

Related threads: Chaos Conspiracy Redone
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/ ... ?start=140

Hope I did it right David, featured in news ;)
Yes you got it right and patch 3 is no longer needed. :-D
David

Karol
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Karol » 30 Mar 2022, 15:52

On Nexusmod it says:

Code: Select all

1. Do a clean installaion of MM6 CD or GoG version.(not included)
2. Install MMEditor and MMExtension2.2 in any order (included).
3. Install the Original "The Chaos Conspiracy" (included). Overwrite all files.
4. Install GrayFace Patch.
5. Run Game (You will get a message that MMExtension is about to generate text tables. You need to wait about two to three minutes) When the MMExtension is finished, exit. Do not create party.
6. Install "The Chaos Conspiracy Redone" the same way as the original. Place the following folders into the "Might and Magic VI" folder. Overwrite all files.(ANIMS,DATA,Scripts,Music,and SOUNDS) Run the game and wait again for MMExtension. If the Music folder is not created place the one included into the "Might and Magic VI" folder. For me it did not creat the folder. You have the obtion to play mp3 or wav. Have fun.
The Editor + Extension I got directly from Sergey's site (same for the patch)

But then I am not entirely sure, how to distinguish between original and enhanced TCCM (step 3 & step 6):
https://ibb.co/8K07z84

Oh, btw, is the attached mm6.ini file built over latest Patch 2.5.7 ?

EDIT:
managed to get it somehow installed... but, is this the dedicated video quality?
https://ibb.co/nMLxjfH

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 04 Apr 2022, 15:46

Karol wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 15:52 On Nexusmod it says:

Code: Select all

1. Do a clean installaion of MM6 CD or GoG version.(not included)
2. Install MMEditor and MMExtension2.2 in any order (included).
3. Install the Original "The Chaos Conspiracy" (included). Overwrite all files.
4. Install GrayFace Patch.
5. Run Game (You will get a message that MMExtension is about to generate text tables. You need to wait about two to three minutes) When the MMExtension is finished, exit. Do not create party.
6. Install "The Chaos Conspiracy Redone" the same way as the original. Place the following folders into the "Might and Magic VI" folder. Overwrite all files.(ANIMS,DATA,Scripts,Music,and SOUNDS) Run the game and wait again for MMExtension. If the Music folder is not created place the one included into the "Might and Magic VI" folder. For me it did not creat the folder. You have the obtion to play mp3 or wav. Have fun.
The Editor + Extension I got directly from Sergey's site (same for the patch)

But then I am not entirely sure, how to distinguish between original and enhanced TCCM (step 3 & step 6):
https://ibb.co/8K07z84

Oh, btw, is the attached mm6.ini file built over latest Patch 2.5.7 ?

EDIT:
managed to get it somehow installed... but, is this the dedicated video quality?
https://ibb.co/nMLxjfH
The difference is found in the data folder "the lod files".
The mm6.ini is for patch 2.5.4
Sorry I cannot tell from the image you provided. But there is a difference between the original and the enhanced. For one the NPCs are not pixelated.

Karol
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Karol » 16 Apr 2022, 12:02

Well, it's not really about the "Enhanced" part of TCC, but it occurs in it, too.
Chests, that are locked by locks,
- should either not be trapped
- or should not 'consume' the key

In Ched Rhinn is a chest locked with a unique key. But when I tried to open the chest with a character, that has no disarm traps, the chest exploded, but also the key was 'consumed'. (When a chest trap explodes, you are 'kicked ' out from chest menu, and only see the explosion animation. But the chest remains locked, despite it is disarmed and one key was consumed)
I could not open the chest, and could not get to the chest content. Tanfana didn't give me 2nd key.

BTW: TCC 2 is outright crazy. Talking with fountains and rocks is not so bad, but the swarms of enemies in basically barren worlds.. wow, it was nothing I could expect nor imagine. Even TCC 1 has many tough battles (dungeons), that forced me to reload many time. But nothing could prepare me for TCC2. Just wow!

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 30 Oct 2022, 15:52

Does this mod make TCC easier? It sounds like it due to more money and increased monster drops? :)

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 02 Nov 2022, 15:45

Echo wrote: 30 Oct 2022, 15:52 Does this mod make TCC easier? It sounds like it due to more money and increased monster drops? :)
It is the same as the one that is not enhanced. GrayFace made it look better and add some monsters. You need to try the ultimate. It has everything that GrayFace put and a whole let more. :-D
David

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 02 Nov 2022, 17:55

DaveHer wrote: 02 Nov 2022, 15:45
Echo wrote: 30 Oct 2022, 15:52 Does this mod make TCC easier? It sounds like it due to more money and increased monster drops? :)
It is the same as the one that is not enhanced. GrayFace made it look better and add some monsters. You need to try the ultimate. It has everything that GrayFace put and a whole let more. :-D
David
Sounds great, I'd just like to avoid anything making the game faster/easier so if there's some bonus items/experience/money, do let me know which files I should edit to undo those little changes. And if there's no such things, then great, I'll definitely give it a go when I have a big of free time! Getting the M&M itch.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 02 Nov 2022, 22:54

Echo wrote: 02 Nov 2022, 17:55
David
Sounds great, I'd just like to avoid anything making the game faster/easier so if there's some bonus items/experience/money, do let me know which files I should edit to undo those little changes. And if there's no such things, then great, I'll definitely give it a go when I have a big of free time! Getting the M&M itch.
If you have the unmodified version of Tcc, replace the following files with the unmodified version. ITEMS.TXT and MONSTERS.TXT.
Also, edit the file OUTD3.lua and remove the line evt.Set("Gold", 21000). Notepad++(it is free) is excellent for editing LUA Files.
That is all. :-D
David

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 03 Nov 2022, 08:59

DaveHer wrote: 02 Nov 2022, 22:54
David
If you have the unmodified version of Tcc, replace the following files with the unmodified version. ITEMS.TXT and MONSTERS.TXT.
Also, edit the file OUTD3.lua and remove the line evt.Set("Gold", 21000). Notepad++(it is free) is excellent for editing LUA Files.
David
Thanks! I guess gold I can just remove by some character editor, I always removed the starting gold and items on my teams that way :D

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 03 Nov 2022, 15:03

Echo wrote: 03 Nov 2022, 08:59

David
Thanks! I guess gold I can just remove by some character editor, I always removed the starting gold and items on my teams that way :D
You are welcome.
David

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 04 Nov 2022, 19:33

Where is this? I can't find it 8|

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 05 Nov 2022, 01:42

Echo wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 19:33
Where is this? I can't find it 8|
It is in the Scripts/Maps folder. You need to install the TCCR Enhanced (this has the file) first and then the TCCR Enhanced Ultimate Final. :)
David

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 05 Nov 2022, 10:45

I'm having some visual glitches, the biggest one is in Sutter's Bay (that I found in the first 2 minutes anyway), is this some issue with the installation?

Depending on the angle I'm looking from the ground is losing its texture:

It also affects some of the new shop logos (the first store you see in Katan, and the one opposite the inn in Sutter's Bay for instance). Looks like there were 2 textures in the same place fighting for domination.

Then another question: I see there's also some changes to other files, like Spells or Mapstats. From a glance it seems like it makes all spells very cheap too? Is there a place somewhere where I could read what the mod changes? I'd like to play it with all the new quests and stuff, but I want to revert all changes that make the game easier :)

As a side question, my guess is the answer is a resounding "LOL NO", but would it be possible to play TCC on the Merge's engine? :tongue: I love how smooth MM6 looks there with the hardware acceleration active, higher resolution, all the things. I did try to just bruteforce plug it in (tried with the original TCC cause it has way fewer files, so I just renamed them to mm6.bitmaps etc and copy pasted xD), but to the surprise of no one, it just told me "WHERE DRAGON?? NO DRAGON, NO GAME!! BYE, FELICIA" and crashed :no:

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 05 Nov 2022, 20:23

@Echo
If you have the unmodified version (or the original version) of Tcc, replace the following files with the unmodified version. ITEMS.TXT and MONSTERS.TXT. Use MMArchive to open icons.lod from the original Tcc and extract the text files from it. Then open the icons.lod from the enhance version and drag and drap the two files mentioned above into it. Those are the only two files I modified. I assume you are using the enhance version and not the ultimate, because I see those ugly looking flowers that I replace in the ultimate version. I replaced a lot of ugly looking sprites in the ultimate and added a lot of new sprites. The post for the ultimate is in page two of the forum (about 11 or 12 lines down). Take a look at the Pics. :)
At the bottom of the SFT.txt file, you will see the new sprites.

GrayFace worked on all the maps and I am sure he noticed the disappearing ground. I don't think there is anything he could have done about it. If you look in the data folder, you see the file fix.GAMES.LOD

About placing the enchance version into the merge is a job for Rodril or GrayFace. It can be done, but it would take a lot of work.
David

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 05 Nov 2022, 23:32

DaveHer wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 20:23 @Echo
If you have the unmodified version (or the original version) of Tcc, replace the following files with the unmodified version. ITEMS.TXT and MONSTERS.TXT. Use MMArchive to open icons.lod from the original Tcc and extract the text files from it. Then open the icons.lod from the enhance version and drag and drap the two files mentioned above into it. Those are the only two files I modified. I assume you are using the enhance version and not the ultimate, because I see those ugly looking flowers that I replace in the ultimate version. I replaced a lot of ugly looking sprites in the ultimate and added a lot of new sprites. The post for the ultimate is in page two of the forum (about 11 or 12 lines down). Take a look at the Pics. :)
At the bottom of the SFT.txt file, you will see the new sprites.

GrayFace worked on all the maps and I am sure he noticed the disappearing ground. I don't think there is anything he could have done about it. If you look in the data folder, you see the file fix.GAMES.LOD

About placing the enchance version into the merge is a job for Rodril or GrayFace. It can be done, but it would take a lot of work.
David
Well, then I guess you might be surprised to find out that the Spells.txt and Mapstats.txt are also edited to make the game easier in your version :D Spells make things like Dragon Breath and a few other cost just 10 spell points (instead of 150 etc), unless I read the tables wrong and the numbers mean something else. And Mapstats change respawn rates of various areas, making easy places like Katan respawn very quickly, while slowing down the respawn of more difficult areas :tongue:

This is why I asked if you know of any more balance changes like that, I know how to replace the files, but I don't have any smart way of cross-referencing them with the original TCC to hunt down the changes. I just compared a few tables in Excel, where I could think of possible challenge-reducing bits, but it's very possible I missed some things :S

So is the ground disappearing for you as well then? Wonder what is causing that in that case. I thought maybe I installed something wrong :disagree:

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 06 Nov 2022, 02:02

@ Echo
Here is a link for the files you need: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link They are from Maestro version and yes, the ground does disappears for me also. It may have something to do with the editor. The files belong in the icons.lod file. I am sorry I forgot about those two file :wall: :embarrased: I read in a post that you can place those files in the data folder. If it does not work, then you will need to put them in the icons.lod file.
David Hernandez

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 06 Nov 2022, 08:33

DaveHer wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 02:02 @ Echo
Here is a link for the files you need: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link They are from Maestro version and yes, the ground does disappears for me also. It may have something to do with the editor. The files belong in the icons.lod file. I am sorry I forgot about those two file :wall: :embarrased: I read in a post that you can place those files in the data folder. If it does not work, then you will need to put them in the icons.lod file.
David Hernandez
It's too bad I suck at all things code, else I'd just plug CC into the Merge and the flickering issues would be gone hah. Oh well, it's not gamebreaking. If it's not my mistake, then I'll just leave it be and go slap some monsters elsewhere :tongue:

Return to “Might and Magic”