GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
rygaar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

Unread postby rygaar » 26 Aug 2022, 02:59

Will do. Thanks again!

rotalihinna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rotalihinna » 28 Aug 2022, 17:22

I'm just so used to the map being on the top right from playing MM6 for so long. I love the new interface with GrayFace's patch, but is there a way to change the location of things, so I can move the automap from the bottom to the top (or at least the center)?

rotalihinna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rotalihinna » 12 Sep 2022, 17:06

Does the "Of Recovery" enchantment not work in MM7?

The Elven Chainmail doesn't seem to affect recovery rate. Plus, I created an 'of recovery' ring in an editor, and it doesn't affect RR either.

Mareneusz002
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mareneusz002 » 14 Sep 2022, 22:18

EDIT: nevermind
Last edited by Mareneusz002 on 15 Sep 2022, 00:01, edited 2 times in total.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 14 Sep 2022, 22:50

It's because you installed Grayface patch with some options and there are files 00 *.lod and 01 *.lod overriding the default archives. The file that causes this bug in particular is "00 patch.icons.lod". To fix it, put your modified files in new archive like "mod.icons.lod". Easiest way to create proper archive is open icons.lod, make sure nothing is selected and use option "export selection to new archive".
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

Mareneusz002
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mareneusz002 » 14 Sep 2022, 23:55

Eksekk wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 22:50 It's because you installed Grayface patch with some options and there are files 00 *.lod and 01 *.lod overriding the default archives. The file that causes this bug in particular is "00 patch.icons.lod". To fix it, put your modified files in new archive like "mod.icons.lod". Easiest way to create proper archive is open icons.lod, make sure nothing is selected and use option "export selection to new archive".

Thanks again man!!! you are saving my life

it was my fault... i have probably accidently put the PC10bod into 00 patch.icons.lod
i have just deleted it now and all works :P

yea i was making custom images of portaits, bodys etc and seems like 1 of them went to wrong place ^^

thanks!!!

Mareneusz002
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mareneusz002 » 22 Sep 2022, 23:58

Eksekk wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 22:50 It's because you installed Grayface patch with some options and there are files 00 *.lod and 01 *.lod overriding the default archives. The file that causes this bug in particular is "00 patch.icons.lod". To fix it, put your modified files in new archive like "mod.icons.lod". Easiest way to create proper archive is open icons.lod, make sure nothing is selected and use option "export selection to new archive".

This was surely my fault, but now i have some bugs, not sure if its my fault:

the "animations" at every shop, guild, taverns, etc. are now ultra lagged (it looks like image now. not the animation)
animations i mean whenever you go to some shop, so theres some animation/video. the .smk files

this bug is only at GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7
and at 2.4 not

in first case, like you said, yes i have installed version 2.5.7 with some options (had version 2.4 and installed to 2.5.7)
but now, i have disabled all options when installing from version 2.4 to 2.5.7

other error is some message when i start new game (MM7)
and only if i started game with mm7.exe in game directory, but when i run shortcut "Might and Magic® VII" so theres no error

im almost sure i havnt changed anything in that MM7 folder

the message:

Data\new.lod inside looks very suspicious Xd

is there some solution to fix it?
or maybe i will just try to reinstall game and install fresh Grayface patch, but will need to find the CD :P

thanks!!

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 24 Sep 2022, 07:19

I can only see 1 change which could cause these lags:

Code: Select all

[+] House animation is no longer restarted when you click any topic. Add FixHouseAnimationRestart=0 to INI to disable this change.
It's from Grayface patch 2.5. EDIT: You can also try turning the change off. Add the mentioned code to ini file in section [Settings] in new line.

Can you test what is the most recent version of patch which causes these issues? You can use binary search to minimize number of installs (check the middle version - if it has bug, check middle of upper not included part, if it doesn't, check middle of lower not included version. Continue until you would have to move to already checked version. All versions of patches are here.

And make sure game isn't installed in Program Files folder, windows can and will screw with access to files there. This could cause both of your problems, especially second. If it is in there, move it out (but not in a subfolder of Program Files!). Check if it's working.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

Mareneusz002
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mareneusz002 » 25 Sep 2022, 00:33

Eksekk wrote: 24 Sep 2022, 07:19 I can only see 1 change which could cause these lags:

Code: Select all

[+] House animation is no longer restarted when you click any topic. Add FixHouseAnimationRestart=0 to INI to disable this change.
It's from Grayface patch 2.5. EDIT: You can also try turning the change off. Add the mentioned code to ini file in section [Settings] in new line.

Can you test what is the most recent version of patch which causes these issues? You can use binary search to minimize number of installs (check the middle version - if it has bug, check middle of upper not included part, if it doesn't, check middle of lower not included version. Continue until you would have to move to already checked version. All versions of patches are here.

And make sure game isn't installed in Program Files folder, windows can and will screw with access to files there. This could cause both of your problems, especially second. If it is in there, move it out (but not in a subfolder of Program Files!). Check if it's working.

yes, i tested it, its version 2.5 which made the lag
i have turned it off and now its all good
thanks!

but i know why it was lagging.
because i play MM7 with vanilla graphic. when i installed fresh mm7 with grayface patch, so there was 2 black bars at left and right which i dont like, so i was trying to make game full screen
so i changed BorderlessFullscreen=1
to 0

so i got MM7 vanilla graphic, but the animations in shops were lagged

so the solutions to fix it is like you said, FixHouseAnimationRestart=0
or change mm7 properties to "Run in 640 x 480 resolution" which also works good for animations and vanilla graphic

i havnt played the new graphic yet (hardware mode), because i like old style :D but i will probably give it a try in future

the second error, i just reinstalled the game and now its all good
and the screenshot of new.lod is wrong xdd
i have opened it with Scite instead with MMarchive :applause: thats why it looks crazy Xd

thanks!!

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 18 Oct 2022, 00:01

rotalihinna wrote: 28 Aug 2022, 17:22 I'm just so used to the map being on the top right from playing MM6 for so long. I love the new interface with GrayFace's patch, but is there a way to change the location of things, so I can move the automap from the bottom to the top (or at least the center)?
Maybe I'll include it into the patch as an option in the future.
Put this into Data of MM7: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dre4yromm5n2b ... I.txt?dl=1
And this for MM8: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ac36298d8eyen ... I.txt?dl=1

[edit] I actually like how it's turning out more that the standard minimap position. This way the minimap obscures mostly sky rather than important things. Feels more open. I'm making MM7 UI with top map feel similar to how it feels in MM8 with the file I linked above.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Str18/100
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Str18/100 » 12 Nov 2022, 13:18

Hello all,
I just wanted to say thank you to all the modders involved in the patch put together by GrayFace for MM7. I bought the GoG version a little while back for a bit of nostalgia, found the modding community and have been enjoying even better adventures than I remember!

I recently updated to a Macbook PRO M1 Max, so had to migrate to Windows on ARM under Parallels, and everything still works perfectly. I have increased the viewing distance to something like 80000, and other than the occasional artefact I can see the entire playing area of any zone when flying, its awesome.

What would be nice if trees and other objects could be drawn at those distances? Is there a setting for that?

Thanks
John

Alpacapotato
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alpacapotato » 20 Dec 2022, 06:42

Hi all, I’m having an issue with running MM7 on my M1 Macbook Air, wondering if anyone’s come across this before? Whether I run the game via Porting Kit or Crossover, I get the same issue — 1) no opening cutscene on startup and 2) lots of video & audio lag when I begin the game making it unplayable. This happens only after I install the latest Greyface patch, and lags hardest when I use Hardware mode to enable widescreen. I tried messing around with resolution and didn’t seem to make a difference. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Dec 2022, 00:54

Alpacapotato wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 06:42 lots of video & audio lag
What do you mean by that? Low FPS? + (?) with audio?
Have you tried Wine?
You've only tried the latest version of my patch?
Try adding SupportTrueColor=0 to mm7.ini. This would make you lose the widescreen interface, but might fix the lags.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 31 Mar 2023, 14:52

Hi; so, first of all, sorry if this might be an indirect inquiry of MM7 GrayFace Patching, as I've been mostly playing Base MMMerge.

I'm wondering: is it is a Vanilla thing that the Quest Item: Tile of the Moon Temple, in MM7 is not retrieved as "Lost It" chat option in the Judge's house? While I guess all the other stuff are recovered (except the Tile and… the ¡Red Potion!). It seems like the Tile is recovered though, but only if the Quest is not achieved yet (I guess can't do this test in MM7 without hardcore cheating though); but just not after it has been delivered with the Quest Item.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 May 2023, 18:56

Kinox wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 14:52 It seems like the Tile is recovered though, but only if the Quest is not achieved yet (I guess can't do this test in MM7 without hardcore cheating though); but just not after it has been delivered with the Quest Item.
Should be this way for all quests - when a quest is completed, the item is removed from Seer's list.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 02 May 2023, 20:39

wait is that why the seer is broken in base MM8? Because some of the quest items need to be reusable?

uhm
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby uhm » 16 Jun 2023, 11:07

Looks like some of shopkeepers' portraits were swapped:
https://tcrf.net/Might_and_Magic_VII:_F ... d_Graphics
Necromancer WeaponSmith01.smk video from Might7.vid is of poor quality. Proto M&M7 from March 1999 has it in better quality:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahfxr6a8tP2F8mbK4t0 ... F?e=rm7xoP
I also saw that there is "Morcarack" in one of files with placed monsters names, looks like it's red dragon from the Emerald isle.

egin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby egin » 31 Jul 2023, 02:00

could you release the old versions of this patch? was going to play through the maestro mod again and apparently this patch breaks it in many ways.

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 31 Jul 2023, 02:48

egin wrote: 31 Jul 2023, 02:00 could you release the old versions of this patch? was going to play through the maestro mod again and apparently this patch breaks it in many ways.
How old do you need? All releases since 2.1 are here, I'm pretty sure at least some of them work with Maestro's.

egin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby egin » 31 Jul 2023, 13:55

Tomsod wrote: 31 Jul 2023, 02:48
egin wrote: 31 Jul 2023, 02:00 could you release the old versions of this patch? was going to play through the maestro mod again and apparently this patch breaks it in many ways.
How old do you need? All releases since 2.1 are here, I'm pretty sure at least some of them work with Maestro's.
I'm not sure, I'd assume the older the better. I tried the oldest one there and the newest one with no luck so far but I guess I shall go through them eventually and see if any of them work.

Return to “Might and Magic”