ArcoMage HD: opensource clone of the card game, 13 Langs + Erathian, Desktop / Mobile Browsers, AI / Multiplayer

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

ArcoMage HD: opensource clone of the card game, 13 Langs + Erathian, Desktop / Mobile Browsers, AI / Multiplayer

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 31 Mar 2021, 21:35

English, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Czech, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Ukrainian fully available.

I wrote a simple AI, with ajustable difficulty level.

It has Multiplayer Mode now!

TypeScript React stack and runs in modern browser. Fully supports mobile devices. PWA (playable offline). Controllable with keyboard. Read the GitHub readme page for details.

To do list includes leaderboard.

Here is the ArcoMage HD GitHub repo. I also created @might-and-magic on GitHub, but for ArcoMage HD, I created a new org account, @arcomage, to use the arcomage.github.io domain. :tongue: Please star the repo and follow me (@tomchen) there.

Play it here

Tutorial image:

Last edited by tomchen1989 on 09 Oct 2021, 10:12, edited 18 times in total.

Neecko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: ArcoMage HD: web-based open-source clone of the card game, 5 languages...

Unread postby Neecko » 01 Apr 2021, 04:02

Awesome! Great work on this!

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Re: ArcoMage HD: web-based open-source clone of the card game, 7 languages...

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 06 Apr 2021, 20:19

Some update of ArcoMage HD: since the initial alpha release, I've added surrender feature for some rare situation, fixed several bugs including negative resources and new game that crashes the program. With the help of Google Translate, DeepL, original MMVIII's Arcomage images & OCR, I completed the Spanish & Italian translations despite zero knowledge of the languages. I also extracted localized tavern names and location names in all ten languages.

Thanks to CognizanceGaming for the suggestion on the cards' polishing effect (gradient reflection), Plamcia for the Polish translation, and Mercs for the ongoing Russian translation with lots of thinking and weighing.

From what I can tell, the current ArcoMage HD v1.0.0-beta.10 is bug-free. I mean I can't find any situation where the game could crash or behaves very ilogically like the bugs I fixed and mentioned above. If you find any bugs, please report, maybe with a screenshot.

The game supports all modern browsers (no IE), but it runs better in Chrome (and Chrome's Blink engine-based Edge & Opera) than in Safari (which performs better than Firefox). The game is quite experimental. If you are familiar with web development, you know developers rarely use HTML elements + CSS animation for games with 3D effects. Anyway, at least it's good in Chrome, so I think it's a nice and successful experiment. For users without Chrome engine-based browsers, I'll release Desktop versions for Windows/MacOS/Linux with Electron, which bundles the game with Chrome engine.

I will make the game responsive to medium-small tablet & mobile screens, cache image and sound files locally (i.e. PWA), before versioning the game "v1.0.0 stable".

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Re: ArcoMage HD: web-based open-source clone of the card game, 8 earth languages + Erathian, mobile devices supported

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 11 Apr 2021, 16:51

The forum system is buggy and I can't edit the original post any more. I sent a PM to Pol.

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Re: ArcoMage HD: opensource clone of the card game, 10 Langs + Erathian, Desktop / Mobile Browsers, AI / Network

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 25 Apr 2021, 18:43

Following today's fix, I think the Multiplayer Mode seems OK now, I mean it looks solid and it's not easy to find any problem like before. I simulated a high latency (slow Internet) environment and it seems fine. But I'll do some more tests nevertheless...

Singleplayer Mode should be always stable since the beginning of April.
Last edited by tomchen1989 on 25 Apr 2021, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: ArcoMage HD: opensource clone of the card game, 11 Langs + Erathian, Desktop / Mobile Browsers, AI / Network

Unread postby wimfrits » 11 Jun 2021, 09:24

I love this game. Polished, all the mechanics are there and the AI is giving me a hard time.

Thank you for the great work! :applause:
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Re: ArcoMage HD: opensource clone of the card game, 12 Langs + Erathian, Desktop / Mobile Browsers, AI / Multiplayer

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 02 Oct 2021, 22:34

Now it has 12 languages.

5 AI levels (difficulties) to choose.

It even has a Pixel Mode with changeable pixelation level:

rotalihinna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: ArcoMage HD: opensource clone of the card game, 13 Langs + Erathian, Desktop / Mobile Browsers, AI / Multiplayer

Unread postby rotalihinna » 16 Sep 2022, 16:59

This is pretty unbelievably good. Thank you!

rotalihinna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: ArcoMage HD: opensource clone of the card game, 13 Langs + Erathian, Desktop / Mobile Browsers, AI / Multiplayer

Unread postby rotalihinna » 22 May 2023, 02:35

Just came back to this to tell you this is so good, and I play it once in a while. Thank you so much.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 17 Sep 2023, 15:49

Hey, this is really great! You did a great job and this is an amazing contribution!

If I could change something, it'd be being able to see what the last card played was in case of a tie/victory/loss. The victory/tie/loss screen covers what the finishing card was.

Return to “Might and Magic”