Chaos Conspiracy Redone Enhanced Ultimate

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Chaos Conspiracy Redone Enhanced Ultimate

Unread postby DaveHer » 13 Aug 2022, 15:04

This version has all of GrayFace improvements and a whole lot more. I added many HD sprites and models. It also has 6 additional quests in Port Sleigon. See Pics:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
I hope to upload the mod to Mod Job very soon. The mod is finished.

Download Link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/tccr-enhanced-ultimate-final
David :)
Last edited by DaveHer on 14 Aug 2022, 22:28, edited 2 times in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Chaos Conspiracy Redone Enhanced Ultimate

Unread postby Anubis » 13 Aug 2022, 21:59

Will this have Part 2 of TCC in it?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 14 Aug 2022, 19:32

Anubis wrote: 13 Aug 2022, 21:59 Will this have Part 2 of TCC in it?
No, Sorry.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 06 Nov 2022, 09:00

DaveHer wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 19:32
No, Sorry.
But will TCC 2 Be playable with the save from this version? :creative:

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 06 Nov 2022, 17:45

Echo wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 09:00
No, Sorry.
No, because of the way Part 2 is installed with an installer created by Big Daddy Jim and for that reason I can not modify part 2. :( Sorry.
The only way I can modify it, is for someone to play the Maestro's version all the way through and then install the second part and then send me all the files in the data folder.
David

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 06 Nov 2022, 20:14

DaveHer wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 17:45
Echo wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 09:00
No, Sorry.
No, because of the way Part 2 is installed with an installer created by Big Daddy Jim and for that reason I can not modify part 2. :( Sorry.
The only way I can modify it, is for someone to play the Maestro's version all the way through and then install the second part and then send me all the files in the data folder.
David
Hmm, but I mean just installing the regular TCC 2 the old way, just using the save saved on your version. Is there a reason it shouldn't work?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 06 Nov 2022, 21:15

Do you mean the last saved game of the regular TCC2 that you put on the first slot of the saves. The files in the data folder of Both regular TCC1 and TCC2 are different from each other. This is what I did last month. I played the enhance version all the way through, placed the last save game in the first slot and ran the installer for part2. I got one big mess :D The reason is because of all the new stuff I put into it. About installing the old way, the only way I know to install Part2 is using the installer by Big Daddy Jim. Is there another way that I do not know about? :) Placing a save game from the regular TCC2 on my version is going to give one big mess :D Sorry What I was thinking is playing part2 as a separate game. I think (not sure) it can be done if I had all those files from part2's data folder.
David

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 06 Nov 2022, 23:15

Nah, the thing you tried was what I had in mind, so it'd be a big ole mess for me too I guess :tongue: Didn't know the save game data becomes so different. Oh well. I recall last time I played TCC (I did it once way back when) I don't know if I finished it. Maybe? I recall some huge empty maps filled with ultra buff dragonflies. And looking for some rocks? Very fuzzy.

I probably won't have time to finish TCC 1 anyway, I shouldn't be thinking of part 2 lol.

The disappearing ground is quite troubling though, Ellesia is really flickery. The entire gate and the town hill is going missing when looking from some angles 8| . I'm trying to think whether I could find some way to find out if it's fixable, by throwing in some old bitmpaps or sth :disagree: Probably not, if you and Grayface didn't manage to figure it out I don't really stand a chance either.

What do the difficulty settings change by the way? :creative:

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 07 Nov 2022, 03:21

@Echo
About your question (What do the difficulty settings change by the way?) Quit some time ago, I studied the decompiled EVT scripts for TCC1 and it is clear that more monsters are added to the maps and dungeons when you select a harder level. Be careful, there is a post in the TCC redone thread of a player that selected the hardest level and what happen is that all of her party members got kill while in a dungeon. She reloaded the save game and when into the dungeon and the number of monsters increased. She was unable to finish the dungeon. See if you can find the post. It is in the TCC redone (not the enhanced nor the Ultimate). I need to send GrayFace an email about the disappearing ground. It did bother me a little.
David

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 07 Nov 2022, 08:27

DaveHer wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 03:21 @Echo
About your question (What do the difficulty settings change by the way?) Quit some time ago, I studied the decompiled EVT scripts for TCC1 and it is clear that more monsters are added to the maps and dungeons when you select a harder level. Be careful, there is a post in the TCC redone thread of a player that selected the hardest level and what happen is that all of her party members got kill while in a dungeon. She reloaded the save game and when into the dungeon and the number of monsters increased. She was unable to finish the dungeon. See if you can find the post. It is in the TCC redone (not the enhanced nor the Ultimate). I need to send GrayFace an email about the disappearing ground. It did bother me a little.
David
Hey, that sounds like a good time! I hope I get that bug too haha, I'd have a blast trying to figure out a way to survive that bugged dungeon lol :D

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 07 Nov 2022, 11:15

Echo wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 08:27
DaveHer wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 03:21 @Echo
David
Hey, that sounds like a good time! I hope I get that bug too haha, I'd have a blast trying to figure out a way to survive that bugged dungeon lol :D
It is not a bug. It was intended that way by big Daddy Jim, and this is for all the dungeons.
David

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 07 Nov 2022, 13:21

DaveHer wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 11:15 It is not a bug. It was intended that way by big Daddy Jim, and this is for all the dungeons.
David
...oh. Good, good :devious:

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 07 Nov 2022, 21:07

Someone needs to reverse engineer part 2 installer and modify it so that it works in TCCR. I will maybe look into it, but no guarantees I'll be able to complete the patch.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 07 Nov 2022, 21:32

Eksekk wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 21:07 Someone needs to reverse engineer part 2 installer and modify it so that it works in TCCR. I will maybe look into it, but no guarantees I'll be able to complete the patch.
Good luck!

Anyhow, something funny I found - If you replace the portraits to be back to regular MM6 (which I did, I'm sorry, but there's too much nostalgia involved with those faces! :tongue: ), one of the dudes gets a lady's voice haha.

I hope Grayface will be able to help with the ground textures, because Sutter's Bay and Ellesia are quite rough :( Especially Sutter's Bay suffers hard from the bug :S

Oh, and side for me half the fun of playing M&M is playing around with some art files, I made alternative versions of the welcome signs this time. Maybe you'll like one too, so I uploaded them with palettes, free for grabs :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rZZSB- ... p=share_li

(On a side note, I also grabbed the new flowers from the topic, so all's good on the flora front now :D )

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 07 Nov 2022, 22:32

Eksekk wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 21:07 Someone needs to reverse engineer part 2 installer and modify it so that it works in TCCR. I will maybe look into it, but no guarantees I'll be able to complete the patch.
I too say "Good Luck" :)
David

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 07 Nov 2022, 22:44

@Echo
About your signs, they are a very nice alternative. Using coral draw, I can extract palettes from the enhance version and apply them to your signs. This way players will not be putting to many palettes into the game. I am going to get started right away. When I made all the redone, I did not create new palettes.
David

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 07 Nov 2022, 23:19

It is done. The alternative signs have the new palettes from the enhance version. How to get them to you, Echo.
David

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 08 Nov 2022, 00:07

DaveHer wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 23:19 It is done. The alternative signs have the new palettes from the enhance version. How to get them to you, Echo.
David
I'm not sure what you mean, I attached the palettes to the .zip so you can just toss them into the bitmaps file if you like :) But if you have a different palette system, that's all good too. They work in my game without a problem though, I just figured I'd share cause more art for M&M games is always good! :creative:

I'm more concerned about Tobin, I picked him up in Ellesia from a cage, but whenever I try to use him to heal my party, he says he can't do it anymore today (never worked). Is he broken for me? Or do I need to unlock his skill somehow?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Nov 2022, 01:06

About Tobin, The something happened to me, and it was because I did not go to Ellesia right away. I went there the second day. I started a new game and went there immediately and this time it worked.

About the palettes, I probable did not explain it well. There is no palette system, I extracted palettes from images in the bitmaps.lod and applied them to your signs (using Coreldraw). In this way, all you have to do is (using MMArchive) drag and drop only the signs into the bitmaps.lod file. No new palettes need to be created. I just thought I'd help with that. :) If other people use your signs, that is all they have to do. :)
David

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 08 Nov 2022, 08:23

DaveHer wrote: 08 Nov 2022, 01:06 About Tobin, The something happened to me, and it was because I did not go to Ellesia right away. I went there the second day. I started a new game and went there immediately and this time it worked.

About the palettes, I probable did not explain it well. There is no palette system, I extracted palettes from images in the bitmaps.lod and applied them to your signs (using Coreldraw). In this way, all you have to do is (using MMArchive) drag and drop only the signs into the bitmaps.lod file. No new palettes need to be created. I just thought I'd help with that. :) If other people use your signs, that is all they have to do. :)
David
The Tobin thing is weird. Are there any other things I should perhaps know like this? To avoid bugs? Cause I worry going to Ellesia late in this case might have actually broken the Tamara quest :S Would rather avoid other issues! I can restart now cause I played just for a moment before bed time, but I wouldn't want the game to break later D:

And the palettes, I see what you mean, you had to pick pictures with similar colors, right? And then assign them to my signs. I always just created new palettes for things I added (though I did use 1 palette for the gray stone ones, and 1 palette for most of the wood signs to reduce their numbers :tongue: ). The lazy way haha. But it works, since there is room for some additional palettes in the files, I think they can actually go up all the way to 999? :devious:

Return to “Might and Magic”