GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5 [Dec 21, 2021]

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Dec 2021, 21:01

Thanks, my bad!
meee wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 06:04 Looks like the fix is to add the NA string to the localization file?
No, that won't fix it, wait for an updated version.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5 [Dec 21, 2021]

Unread postby GrayFace » 23 Dec 2021, 03:45

Version 2.5.1
<< MM6 >>
[-] My bug: Crash if character doesn't have a bow (due to "N/A" string not being initialized).
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.1 [Dec 23, 2021]

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Dec 2021, 12:52

Buka and Loc versions contained English texts. Please redownload if you installed one of them.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.2 [Dec 25, 2021]

Unread postby GrayFace » 25 Dec 2021, 05:10

Version 2.5.2
<< MM6 - MM8 >>
[*] Now character's Stats screen displays a condition that determines stats, in all other places the most severe one is displayed.
<< MM6, MM7 >>
[-] Now simple message dialog (e.g. obelisk message) isn't cancelled by any key press. In MM7 the message also doesn't stay on the screen after being cancelled anymore. Add DontSkipSimpleMessage=0 to INI to disable this fix.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.3 [Dec 27, 2021]

Unread postby GrayFace » 27 Dec 2021, 15:02

Version 2.5.3
<< MM6 >>
[-] My bug: Auto-targeting wasn't working when shooting or casting spells.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 28 Dec 2021, 12:44

Good job, Grayface!

A few questions:

1) Can we still get the +50 Intellect for every party member if they're inflicted with the Curse status in Agar's Lab?
2) Can we now claim the random spear drop in the Temple of Tsantsa? I remember you saying that the bed was tied to another flag or something.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 28 Dec 2021, 19:48

Anubis wrote: 28 Dec 2021, 12:44 1) Can we still get the +50 Intellect for every party member if they're inflicted with the Curse status in Agar's Lab?
Yes.
Anubis wrote: 28 Dec 2021, 12:44 2) Can we now claim the random spear drop in the Temple of Tsantsa? I remember you saying that the bed was tied to another flag or something.
I'll fix it in the next version.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.4 [Dec 29, 2021]

Unread postby GrayFace » 29 Dec 2021, 22:09

Version 2.5.4
<< MM6 - MM8 >>
[-] Now, when a location re-spawns, all artifacts generated in chests you've never opened get cleared from "obtained artifacts" list.
<< MM6 >>
[-] Routine for generation of artifacts exclusively (unused on standard maps) was completely broken. They get counted as found, which can be changed by adding FixUnmarkedArtifacts=0 to INI.
<< Fixes in maps >>
[-] Temple of Tsantsa (t3): Spear under a pillow in final area wasn't obtainable due to variables conflict.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 30 Dec 2021, 21:17

meee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby meee » 30 Dec 2021, 22:34

Would it be possible to add a toggle for autotargeting? I like auto most of the time, except when targeting AOE spells. I guess it would be possible to briefly switch into Shooter Mode (which seems pretty cool), but I understand that that remaps the attack button to toggle the mode activation (I haven't tried it yet). So, another way of asking this would be "can the Shooter Mode toggle use something other than the attack button?"

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 31 Dec 2021, 08:28

meee wrote: 30 Dec 2021, 22:34 So, another way of asking this would be "can the Shooter Mode toggle use something other than the attack button?"
Sure. I mean, I can add that

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 31 Dec 2021, 20:40

Awesome! Thanks for the speedy response, GrayFace!

You are doing such an amazing job with this game! You're absolutely talented and an invaluable member of this community. Thank you so much!!!

I hope you have a great Happy New Year!

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.5 [Jan 13, 2022]

Unread postby GrayFace » 13 Jan 2022, 23:30

Version 2.5.5
<< MM6 - MM8 >>
[-] My bug: Possible character resistances corruption when taking an item from the inventory.
[-] My bug: FixChests option got broken by 2.5.4 changes.
<< MM7, MM8 >>
[*] FixUnmarkedArtifacts option now also respects the 13 artifacts limit imposed by the game.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.6 [Feb 5, 2022]

Unread postby GrayFace » 05 Feb 2022, 13:48

Version 2.5.6
<< MM6 - MM8 >>
[+] New command available to map scripts (*.evt) that powers some of the MM6 and MM7 changes of this version (code 0x45 - RefundChestArtifacts).
[-] Items laying on the ground in one map were appearing in another when traveling by foot sometimes. Add FixItemDuplicates=0 to INI to disable this fix.
[-] My bug: DisableHooks option wasn't working for some new hooks.
[-] My bug: When custom *.games.lod archives are used, incorrect data was written to autosave on New Game start. It was fully inconsequential until version 2.5.4.
<< Fixes in maps >>
[-] Castle Ironfist (outd3), Control Center (sci-fi): Duplicated chest. (thanks to Black Phantom for the fixes)
[-] Silver Cove (outd1), Mire of the Damned (outc3), Paradise Valley (outa2): Duplicated house. (thanks to Black Phantom for the fixes)
[-] Gharik's Forge (d18), The Hive (hive), Tomb of VARN (pyramid), Blackshire (outb2), Control Center (sci-fi): It was possible for artifacts to be generated in inaccessible chests, reducing the number of artifacts you could find as a result. In Blackshire it was also possible to get rewards for statuettes quest again after the map refills.
[-] The Monolith (d13): +5 Personality was only given to unpromoted Cleric and Druids.
[-] Castle Darkmoor (cd2): One of the first cube sides didn't teleport the party when touched after activation. Reloading was opening the final hall barrier if you've pressed the levers, but haven't activated the cube yet. One of tiles that summon liches in the room before said barrier had a wrong texture. (thanks to Black Phantom for the fixes)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

Unread postby GrayFace » 04 Mar 2022, 13:59

Version 2.5.7
<< MM6 - MM8 >>
[*] Support (i.e. no problems like crashes) for old saves with inconsequential incorrect data caused by my bug fixed in the previous version.

eilacomeva
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby eilacomeva » 14 Apr 2022, 14:40

Does it work with the program installed in %PROGRAMFILES% + virtualstore for anybody?
I have mm6 in Italian/English (one per computer), mm7 in Italian, and the merge; apparently now they all require running as admin (eg by forcing compatibility with an older version of windows).

I usually run them on linux and all of them work; last time I tried on windows was in may 2020 and it worked; now even the older patches fail and I'm trying to figure out if I screwed up somehow or it's windows 10 or whatever.

The symptom is that the game __works__ for a while until saving silently fails; easiest way to check is to go in and out of a dungeon repeatedly, after a few times getting in and out loading any game always loads your last save, while trying to save says nothing but it fails.

To repeat: it works if I set compatibility, I'm just curious if it's my fault or it's for everybody.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 14 Apr 2022, 19:48

The standard suggestion is to not install to %PROGRAMFILES% - the might and magic games assume that the game directory is writeable, while windows locks down %PROGRAMFILES% directories to prevent on-the-fly code tampering from bad input files.

I have a dedicated "C:\Games" folder for games, whether or not they assume their folder is writeable.

eilacomeva
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby eilacomeva » 16 Apr 2022, 18:39

raekuul wrote: 14 Apr 2022, 19:48 The standard suggestion is to not install to %PROGRAMFILES% - the might and magic games assume that the game directory is writeable, while windows locks down %PROGRAMFILES% directories to prevent on-the-fly code tampering from bad input files.

I have a dedicated "C:\Games" folder for games, whether or not they assume their folder is writeable.
Yes, yes, I know; I'm using the old way partially for nostalgic reason ("my pc just like in 1998"), partially out of amazement that it worked at all instead of requiring admin rights period, and frankly a lot more because I use linux 99% of the time.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 17 Apr 2022, 12:34

the main difference is that your pc in 1998 gave implicit root access to apps running under an account in the administrator group while your pc in 2022 does not (unless you're running as literally the user Administrator, you still have to go through the UAC prompt to give the game the read/write access it needs to save, since the save folder is in the program folder - this is why you don't install legacy software to program files).

this is the sort of thing that UAC and sudo are designed to prevent, apparently - the most remembered change with Windows Vista was the UAC prompt being everywhere, since even WinXP still did the Implicit Access bit.

rotalihinna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rotalihinna » 26 Apr 2022, 23:43

GrayFace, thank you so much for those updates!!

I'm curious about the artifact generation (and in general, item generation) mechanics. Is there any place where I can read an explanation of it? (how it was in the original games, and what your fixes to)

It seems like I can find duplicates of some artifacts like Mordred, but not others like Percival.

Return to “Might and Magic”