The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Jul 2021, 11:00

Thinking of it, names from MM1-5 would work great. I've never played them myself though, so if you remember/can extract some names, that would do.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 18 Dec 2021, 21:11

There is now an enhanced version of The Chaos Conspiracy Redone. It was done by GrayFace. GrayFace Wrote: Here are files for MM6 version of TCCR. Includes reworked sprites and fixed maps. I've removed all extra monsters that resulted from the export trick that you used, fixed some textures and their alignment etc. Check the main post. Click the "Mod Jobs" link not the "Nexus". :-D
David

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Dec 2021, 08:20

"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 21 Dec 2021, 11:12

Pol wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 08:20 @DaveHer
https://www.nexusmods.com/mightandmight ... ?tab=files

Both Parts are in?
No it does not. I forgot all about part 2. :( I did not make any change to part 2.
David Hernandez

Xenesis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Xenesis » 29 Mar 2022, 09:41

Hello, thank you so much for your work on this!
I used to paly chaos conspiracy many years ago, never finished it (end game of part 1 was brutal) and would like to come back to it. But the MM8 engine merge that allows you to use your mouse to look around is just too good of a quality of life improvement to not come back to that.

Is there a way to implement that to chaos conspiracy at the moment?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 04 Apr 2022, 10:08

Xenesis wrote: 29 Mar 2022, 09:41 Hello, thank you so much for your work on this!
I used to paly chaos conspiracy many years ago, never finished it (end game of part 1 was brutal) and would like to come back to it. But the MM8 engine merge that allows you to use your mouse to look around is just too good of a quality of life improvement to not come back to that.

Is there a way to implement that to chaos conspiracy at the moment?
I believe that GrayFace patch will allow you to use a mouse.
David

Xenesis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Xenesis » 09 Apr 2022, 18:59

That was surprisingly very easy to do... nice, what a great patch, even adds better hotkeys, make the game feel much more right. Excited to jump into the game with this and give it another gowith new stuff

A. Pushkarev
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby A. Pushkarev » 24 Dec 2022, 11:25

Can anyone tell me where is Devil's Outpost located? I've searched literally every location and it's not where it used to be in original MM6. Google is silent on this topic :)

P.S. finghting near Hive was fun :D
Last edited by A. Pushkarev on 24 Dec 2022, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.

badmonkey247
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby badmonkey247 » 30 Dec 2022, 12:03

Devil's Outpost location is used for a later Main Quest. Until you get the quest, trying to enter its doorway will give a message that the door is warded.

The layout for Devil's Outpost dungeon is used in a Kat'an Local quest. As for a single room dungeon filled with devils, I can't think of one for TCC.

Allester
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Allester » 24 May 2023, 06:49

So, I installed everything as directed - and I seem to be getting a LOT of Graphical Glitches I'm not sure if they're meant to be there.

1: Turning in directions sometimes drops the layer of land I'm on and exposes the "grass below" (This happens a LOT)
2: Some of the Helms, Belts, Weapons, and Armor "sit" on the character in the position of the original 'standing' characters (Is this correct?)
3: Some spells (Fireball) effect disappears and does no damage... like the spell 'hits' but there's no explosion effect and only the enemy targeted 'jerks' like they were hit.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 27 May 2023, 02:13

Allester wrote: 24 May 2023, 06:49 So, I installed everything as directed - and I seem to be getting a LOT of Graphical Glitches I'm not sure if they're meant to be there.

1: Turning in directions sometimes drops the layer of land I'm on and exposes the "grass below" (This happens a LOT)
2: Some of the Helms, Belts, Weapons, and Armor "sit" on the character in the position of the original 'standing' characters (Is this correct?)
3: Some spells (Fireball) effect disappears and does no damage... like the spell 'hits' but there's no explosion effect and only the enemy targeted 'jerks' like they were hit.
You need to play "The Chaos Conspiracy Redone Enhanced Ultimate" It fixes a lot of bugs. :-D
David

Karol
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Karol » 29 Nov 2023, 20:29

DaveHer wrote: 27 May 2023, 02:13
You need to play "The Chaos Conspiracy Redone Enhanced Ultimate" It fixes a lot of bugs. :-D
David
Is it this one? https://www.moddb.com/mods/tccr-enhance ... mate-final
The one that is considered most updated and also enhanced?
I am looking both into
1) most fixes
2) most new content added

Thank you

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 03 Dec 2023, 03:16

Sorry for the late reply. Yes that is the one.
David

Karol
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Karol » 10 Dec 2023, 12:36

Mod works and is excellent!
Great job! Extraordinary collaboration.

BTW, I selected the toughest mother fracker (highest difficulty)
Sometimes, upon reloading, It feels like new enemies pop up in the same region.
Is it just my imagination (or just enemies that fled, but after re-load they were spawned at their original spots), or does the game truly spawn new random enemies in already cleared areas, indeed?

BTW, found a micro-bug. Some enemies are spawned "in the wall" (can be killed if you stand near the wall and turn a bit, so their sprites show a little bit)
I think they are supposed to be spawned, when the party returns from the last room (surprise attack)

Karol
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Karol » 13 Dec 2023, 12:56

DaveHer wrote: 03 Dec 2023, 03:16 Sorry for the late reply. Yes that is the one.
David
Hi Dave,

I was looking for some kind of walkthrough. In the past, I am sure there was one, because I remember being totally lost in the CCR back then, but I found some kind of guide that helped me to consolidate the story line (Find Tamara : especially as the in-game text sends you to Ellesia, but she is actually in the underground, and this information is in-game vaguelly provided in Sutterville, so w/o the guide, I would just keep traveling aimlessly and not getting through the main story at all)

Now I got hold of most of the quirks, but still cannot find the lord, who promotes Priests. The palace he used to be in vanilla is not the most difficult dungeon, and I believe I visited all main locations, and completed all main promotions (Paladin, Sylvan, Archer, Sorcerer... ) but cannot find the Priest one.
Also - the Dark Magic Master Trainer is still refusing to teach me, because Jafar would behead him - I hope this will also change as the main story will progress.
next little quirk: I shall kill all witches in bog and get a ring, but after I killed and supposedly collected all the whitches (hag... flying women on brooms with pumpking) I can't find the ring and complete the quest.

Any kind of guide would help.

I found only this one: https://www.celestialheavens.com/mods/T ... .html#self
but the guides are only about installing (the old TCC), not about playing.

Ah, found also this on ModDB
https://www.moddb.com/mods/might-and-ma ... alkthrough
Last edited by Karol on 13 Dec 2023, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

Karol
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Karol » 13 Dec 2023, 13:03

jeff wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 21:31 I was so involved in the original TCC; I never got around to playing it from beginning to end; just the individual quests and new maze configurations. One thing I would ask is the in game map had a misspelling, I believe it has the Bog of Tounella instead of Tounela. BDJ had asked Maestro to fix it before it was released, but it was at the end and he never got around to it. So if you are able to fix that it would be nice.
Well, there is a third version: Tuonella
Just in case two variations are not enough

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 13 Dec 2023, 13:10

Karol wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 12:56 Any kind of guide would help.
Here's the original TCC main quest walkthrough. There was supposed to be part 2 with optional quests, but IDK where it is or if it even exists.

Karol
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Karol » 13 Dec 2023, 15:02

Tomsod wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 13:10
Karol wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 12:56 Any kind of guide would help.
Here's the original TCC main quest walkthrough. There was supposed to be part 2 with optional quests, but IDK where it is or if it even exists.
Thank you :D

keksua
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keksua » 01 Mar 2024, 17:27

Can someone help me with Lemkanen quest? I found 6 urns, but I need a Potion of God Ukko. Where is it?

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 02 Mar 2024, 05:35

keksua wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 17:27 Can someone help me with Lemkanen quest? I found 6 urns, but I need a Potion of God Ukko. Where is it?
At least in the original TCC, there's a NPC in a house in Norseland (nee Kriegspire) who brews it.

Return to “Might and Magic”