Might & Magic 7: Reimagined (Big Overhaul Mod)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Re: Might & Magic 7: Reimagined (Big Overhaul Mod)

Unread postby Tomsod » 23 Nov 2021, 15:00

kotgaf wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 11:35Monk get real power only after 2nd promotion, because crucial skills of unarmed and dodge. Until then, they just a pale shadow of Knight efficency. After that, they are really shine with ability to totally evade attack.
Monk dodge is overhyped. I don't know how this managed to escape public attention, but the ONLY thing Monks can dodge (with GM Unarmed) is arrows. Not melee attacks, not magic/elemental projectiles, not spells, only arrows. This might be a bug. So it's not particularly useful unless the mod changes it (mine will).

kotgaf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kotgaf » 24 Nov 2021, 05:07

Tomsod wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 15:00
kotgaf wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 11:35Monk get real power only after 2nd promotion, because crucial skills of unarmed and dodge. Until then, they just a pale shadow of Knight efficency. After that, they are really shine with ability to totally evade attack.
Monk dodge is overhyped. I don't know how this managed to escape public attention, but the ONLY thing Monks can dodge (with GM Unarmed) is arrows. Not melee attacks, not magic/elemental projectiles, not spells, only arrows. This might be a bug. So it's not particularly useful unless the mod changes it (mine will).
Didn't know. Looks like bug to me.

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 25 Nov 2021, 14:01

Just uploaded a new version (link to version 1.2 - current newest version - in the first post) with new changes.

+ Added 3 new quests for town halls in Erathia, Harmondale and Tularean Forest.
+ Removed GM armsmaster skill teacher from Land of Giants, moved him to Nighon and changed teacher's old location to a temple.
+ Additional fixes and improvements for monsters, items and maps.
+ Changed starting screen and loading screens by a bit in a sensible manner.
+ Reworked description text (for classes and promotions) and changed notes for GM armsmaster teacher, so they match his new location.
+ Fixed poison damage part of script with new effects producing numerous error logs [big thanks for Eksekk's help].

Enjoy 0/

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 01 Feb 2022, 07:40

I'm close to replaying Might & Magic 7 with my own mod, so will be updating Reimagined soon. I have new ideas for balance changes and small bug fixes all across the board.
By the way, reanimate spell works properly. It is moderately useful spell in itself, but here is no error in it's in-game effects (unlike, Immolation or Dodge skill effects).

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 13 Feb 2022, 00:08

Reimagined mod is now updated to version 1.4
Link to newest version provided in the first post along with list of all noticable changes I made.

Cheers 0/

Fedor_qq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fedor_qq » 18 Apr 2022, 07:30

Savescumming with opening chests not allowed anymore?
and i found important chest in brakada being empty, it is missing golems part

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 18 Apr 2022, 10:47

You could never savescum chests, in any MM game (6-8), because their contents are determined when you first enter the region/dungeon. Although if the chest is near the entrance, you can savescum it along with the entire dungeon.

Fedor_qq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fedor_qq » 20 Apr 2022, 08:37

I ment that chests are empty, when loading after failing to disarm them
Golem quest definitely bugged, both chests in bracada missing heads, and on of them every day ganerates 4 relics, chest in tatalia always empty, and same with deyja

And want to report a bug in haunted mansion, there is a room which has picture with glowing red eyes, if you try to look at her, game will crash
Also new chests in tatalia cannot be open

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 21 Apr 2022, 22:58

Fedor_qq wrote: 20 Apr 2022, 08:37 I ment that chests are empty, when loading after failing to disarm them
Golem quest definitely bugged, both chests in bracada missing heads, and on of them every day ganerates 4 relics, chest in tatalia always empty, and same with deyja

And want to report a bug in haunted mansion, there is a room which has picture with glowing red eyes, if you try to look at her, game will crash
Also new chests in tatalia cannot be open
I do not have same problems.
Just started a new game for test purposes and all golem pieces in their right places. New chests in Tatalia and one new chest in Avlee can be opened.
I noticed graphical glitch with one painting in Haunted Mansion, but it is not game breaking bug.

I'm not sure if you installed my mod properly.
NOTE: It is important to NOT check GrayFace patch "Install LOD archives" option.

Fedor_qq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fedor_qq » 22 Apr 2022, 06:25

so, i did reinstall game, bracada and avli were like i first time step in it, and chest finally contained golem parts, but it didnt happen with tatalia and deija.
new chests in tatalia still cant be open, but i guess i did smth wrong again and have to start new game, if i want to work it properly.

BTW, want to say that mod is really good, i am enjoing it

P.s. for some reason after reinstalling game and mod my knight recieve identify monster and perception at grandmaster lvl and 60 points in each

Bierzeltfee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bierzeltfee » 13 May 2022, 23:28

Hey!

i have a problem in Harmondale Castle. I killed all Monsters that i see, but the quest isnt done :(. The portraits are yellow, but i cant finde any mobs

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 14 May 2022, 09:03

Bierzeltfee wrote: 13 May 2022, 23:28 Hey!

i have a problem in Harmondale Castle. I killed all Monsters that i see, but the quest isnt done :(. The portraits are yellow, but i cant finde any mobs
use

Code: Select all

for _, m in Map.Monsters do
	if m.HP > 0 and m.Hostile then
		evt.MoveToMap{X = m.X, Y = m.X, Z = m.Z, map = "0"}
		break
	end
end
(to use, open console with ctrl + F1, paste script, press ctrl + enter, close console)

That will teleport you to monster location. When you kill them, executing the same command again should tp you to next monster, and so on. If they are in the walls etc. use this kill script:

Code: Select all

for _, m in Map.Monsters do
	if m.Hostile then
		m.HP = 0
		m.AIState = const.AIState.Dying
	end
end
If something doesn't work (I'm rusty with scripting), please reply to this message and I'll fix it ASAP.

Also FYI: you can usually get quicker support if you post on MM discord.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 14 May 2022, 16:14

Bierzeltfee wrote: 13 May 2022, 23:28 Hey!

It is a bit of problem with Harmondale Castle.
Some monsters are trapped outside of map boundaries, but still close enough to player's party and due to amount of potential bugs accociated with this particular map some monsters exist on map (and visible in map editor), but not directly presented in visible part of castle interiors.

You should finish quest by talking with Butler in Harmondale's tavern even if portraits are yellow inside castle, but monsters are killed.
If not (and here is new bug for one or another reason) - I will look into it.

Sorry for inconvinience : ]

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 20 Mar 2023, 11:10

Reimagined mod is now updated to version 1.5.
Link to newest version provided in the first post along with list of most noticable changes I made in newest update.

Cheers 0/

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 04 Apr 2023, 17:08

Oh cool Ill have to check it out, I think the last version I played was 1.2... so there are likely quite a few changes ive missed.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 17 May 2023, 22:10

Reimagined mod is now updated to version 1.6 (as of 18.05.2023)
Link to current version is provided in the first post along with list of most noticable changes I made in update.

kotgaf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kotgaf » 25 May 2023, 19:46

AzimovHaas8 wrote: 17 May 2023, 22:10 Reimagined mod is now updated to version 1.6 (as of 18.05.2023)
Link to current version is provided in the first post along with list of most noticable changes I made in update.
Have you made a lot of balance changes? I fell It plays a lot easier than before (I played 1.2 I guess). Too much good ore, scrolls, and I've got amazing dagger for my thief from ore. She inflict 100 dmg per turn roughly, and this is only level 6

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 26 May 2023, 04:24

kotgaf wrote: 25 May 2023, 19:46
AzimovHaas8 wrote: 17 May 2023, 22:10 Reimagined mod is now updated to version 1.6 (as of 18.05.2023)
Have you made a lot of balance changes? I fell It plays a lot easier than before (I played 1.2 I guess). Too much good ore, scrolls, and I've got amazing dagger for my thief from ore. She inflict 100 dmg per turn roughly, and this is only level 6
I made a lot of changes (not only balance changes) along with bug fixing.
And yes, it is easier and more comfortable experience then in version 1.2

kotgaf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kotgaf » 26 May 2023, 14:35

Well, game is MUCH easier now. I miss old challenge spirit)
aaaand
Game crushes while trying to enter Wine Cellar in Tatalia

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 26 May 2023, 19:51

kotgaf wrote: 26 May 2023, 14:35 Well, game is MUCH easier now. I miss old challenge spirit)
aaaand
Game crushes while trying to enter Wine Cellar in Tatalia
I will look into making additional version with harder encounters and a bit less resources.
What about individual areas in the game?
Does some dungeons or overland areas stand out as especially easy for you? Or it is a feeling for game as whole?

...And will see for Wine Cellar in Tatalia. Last time I completed a game with Light side adventurers I had no problems with Wine Cellar, but last update may change something.

Anyway, thanks for feedback)

Return to “Might and Magic”