Ubisoft is looking for Senior Brand Manager [Might & Magic]

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Ubisoft is looking for Senior Brand Manager [Might & Magic]

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 13 Jan 2022, 15:35

Senior Brand Manager [Might & Magic]

There's link. Position is located in Shanghai. In the text M&M franchise is described as AAA. And it might be a PC game as well. Nowhere is written that it would be Heroes game though. And that it will get assigned AAA budget.Image

MISSION:

Ubisoft Shanghai is looking for a Senior Brand Manager to champion the brand marketing and product marketability of a new Might & Magic AAA game. Under the management of the Brand director, join an ambitious team and help reinvent one the biggest Fantasy franchise in video game history.

WHAT YOU WILL DO:

• Define the product positioning strategy: target audiences, market mapping and audience sizing, consumer promise and key pillars.
  • Ensure the product marketability from conception phase to release and live phase. Actively monitor market and entertainment trends, competition activity and provide relevant reports & analysis (competitor, risk etc.).  Initiate relevant consumer research to confirm and adjust product marketability over time.
  • Establish the product communication strategy (key phases, events, messages, main brand assets) and define & manage the associated brand marketing budget.
  • Work with internal or external artist(s) and agencies to create the main brand assets – CGI movies, trailers, key artworks, etc.  Create and share products style guides to ensure consistency in all deliveries (graphic & more)
  • Instruct internal and external stakeholders on the game and the product strategy and relay back their insights and feedback to the product team.
  • Represent the project and team and be key public speaker for the game towards external audiences- business partners, media, influencers, star players and communities.
  • Help maximize the business potential of the product working closely with dev ops and business teams to design appealing & effective content updates, monetization offers, partnerships and merchandizing plans.

PS If they will again create M&M team, will they answer all these questions sent over time?

Thanks Marzhin and Angelspit!
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Ubisoft is looking for Senior Brand Manager [Might & Magic]

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jan 2022, 13:59

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE EQUIPED WITH:
Excellent communication skills
:rofl:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

cjleeagain
Biclops
Biclops

Unread postby cjleeagain » 17 Jan 2022, 11:56

Kalah wrote:
WHAT YOU SHOULD BE EQUIPED WITH:
Excellent communication skills
:rofl:
For those who didn't get it:

Kalah quoted the original spelling on the ad. 'Equiped'.

We're living in the age of autocorrect and spellcheck. Even when I typed this out, this forum's spellcheck, which I didn't do any settings on, underscored the words 'Kalah' and 'Equiped' as incorrectly spelled.
Writer and Janitor

Main Site: https://www.thezil.org
Twitter: https://twitter.com/OrganizationZil
My patreon page is https://www.patreon.com/zzo

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 23 Jan 2022, 12:01

Could be intentional 😉

Only applicants that spot the error will be invited.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Jan 2022, 13:27

Not so easy, I see here a more difficult ploy.

Only applicants who could convince the shareholders, that this feature will turn in millions cash cow, will get there. Hmm, that sounds more alike it. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 23 Jan 2022, 18:44

The fact that nobody is talking about the certainty that a new game of the M&M brand is going to be in the making but discussing about some misspelling in the job offer is quite telling of the expectations we all have with this.

Personally I'm surprised they talk about AAA game, which in my book rules out a strategy game, mobile game and most likely online only game. I'm guessing action or action RPG in the best scenario.

0 expectations because of being made in China (so probably with a quite different target audience in mind) and mainly because Ubisoft of course. But curious nonetheless.

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 24 Jan 2022, 11:48

Ok this is serious. Ubisoft is going to establish a new team in China for the M&M brand. Besides the prefious job offer you can find others:

Level Design/Technical Director
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/company/c ... ght-magic-

Narrative Director

World Director
In all of these you can read the following:
Since 1986, the Might & Magic franchise has provided countless epic stories of Fantasy and unforgettable gameplay moments to many a generation, with genre-defining classics such as Heroes of Might & Magic III, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes, and successful mobile titles such as Might & Magic Era of Chaos. Now the Might & Magic brand at Ubisoft Shanghai is assembling a new team with ambition to reinvent and push the Franchise forward, create exciting new Worlds and genre-defining gameplay experiences, and redefine the meaning of Fantasy gaming for a whole new generation of players.

Join Ubisoft Shanghai’s Might & Magic team on this journey to build up the future of this monumental saga!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Jan 2022, 15:22

It wouldn't be first time. Ubisoft tried to develop new RPG (ala Oblivion) in Shangaji at 2009 but - the project was cancelled without further ado. It emerged to public from one of theirs ex-employers curriculum vitae, as he was seeking for new job. That was before Heroes VI. (2011)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

LordGraa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LordGraa » 25 Jan 2022, 13:11

"reinvent", "redefine", "for a whole new generation of players"

I am afraid they want to push MaM universe forward into the milenial waters - mobile/console or crossplatform F2P always online game with MTX or the trendy NFT stuff.

I (and I am not alone) would like to see the good old Might and Magic with modern graphic and functions, there is no need to reinvent or redefine what already has been invented and defined... but I am afraid China will go the easier way aka get most profit. Easiest way would be to reskin any Assassin game and call it AAA MaM RPG. Or use the Settlers engine for new Heroes game - been in beta and was bored after 30 mins.

But lets wait and see. I have 0 expectations for now. All I need is the Songs of Conquest game to be released this year and I am happy :O)
http://www.worldofheroes.cz - Czech Heroes Fansite
https://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/tsoaEN.html - H7 community DLC The Shadows over Ashan

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Jan 2022, 21:36

Let's face it, the diehard Might and Magic players are not getting any younger, and may have moved on to other interests. Any good old M&M game might end up in a niche market. I'd rather see the franchise being revitalized than let it die in the dust. The final product might not interest me, but if I feel like playing Heroes again I can always launch RoE or H5.

I love the Assassin's Creed engine and I can't help but think how it could be used for a real RPG. I like to pretend that Odyssey takes place in Britannia (from Ultima) rather than Ancient Greece!
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 26 Jan 2022, 14:52

To be honest I have no problem if a company like Ubisoft wants to make some coin with their IP even if it deviates from the interest of the core, ancient fan base. As long as it is a good product. If they plan on making a good Dark Messiah kind of game (which is much more appealing to a wider audience ) I'm fine with it even if it is not my main interest, and I will even play it. I'd rather have that than other failed project trying to reinvent the good old games.

For old school games like Heroes or RPG better to look for other alternatives like Song of Conquest, Fanstratics or Operencia.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Jan 2022, 15:36

Vitirr wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 14:52For old school games like Heroes or RPG better to look for other alternatives like Song of Conquest, Fanstratics or Operencia.
That range is wider, fortunatelly. As of these three just Operencia already exist and I don't feel motivated to playing it, based on seeing some gamplays.

To that wide range you can add The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk, Grimrock, Hades, Torment EE.
"We made it!"

Return to “News”