GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Novi
Peasant
Peasant

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.4 [Dec 29, 2021]

Unread postby Novi » 11 Jan 2022, 11:49

Speaking of added damage. I was using hammerhands on my last playthrough and noticed that it only adds your body magic skill amount of damage (at GM 10, it increased my fist damage by flat 10 amount when tested against no resistance creatures), but the description states that "Damage of these attacks is equal to the character’s unarmed attack."

Considering my monk had over 20 skill points in unarmed GM, I expected it to do more than that. Is it bugged or am I just reading it wrong?

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 11 Jan 2022, 13:14

You're misinterpreting it - "damage of these attacks is equal to the character's unarmed attack" is a fancy way to say "this spell causes the target's unarmed attacks to deal body damage instead of physical"

with hammerhands on, you're not dealing 20 physical plus 22 body, you're only dealing 22 body.

Novi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Novi » 11 Jan 2022, 14:09

That certainly hasn't been the case when using it.

At one point, I was testing it out against goblins. I hit for about 30 damage (1~3 points variance) each hit, then with hammerhands on, I'd do consistently 40 damage. It definitely is meant to increase your damage, but I think the calculation is wrong.

Another reason this definitely isn't the case is that I was still doing damage against body immune monsters with unarmed and hammerhands on.

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 11 Jan 2022, 16:13

Novi is right, Hammerhands adds body damage equal to the caster's Body skill, just like elemental damage weapon enchantments, but for unarmed attacks. I'm sure of that as I investigated that code. The spell description is wrong. BTW, it doesn't trigger if you use staff at GM skill, even though other unarmed skill bonuses do apply.

hurtad0
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hurtad0 » 12 Jan 2022, 10:13

mistake sorry...
Last edited by hurtad0 on 12 Jan 2022, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 12 Jan 2022, 13:15

This is the MM7 Patch thread, not the MM678 Merge Thread. Upload your save there.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.2 [Dec 25, 2021]

Unread postby GrayFace » 13 Jan 2022, 20:48

Novi wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 21:58 https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1tylu6t7t189 ... e.mm7?dl=0

Go to turn based (so they don't move away) and try shooting the gogling right in front of you.
I checked with a very old version of the patch and it's the same there, so probably a vanilla bug to look into at some point. Will check with the GOG version later.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.5 [Jan 13, 2022]

Unread postby GrayFace » 13 Jan 2022, 23:31

Version 2.5.5
<< MM6 - MM8 >>
[-] My bug: Possible character resistances corruption when taking an item from the inventory.
[-] My bug: FixChests option got broken by 2.5.4 changes.
<< MM7, MM8 >>
[*] FixUnmarkedArtifacts option now also respects the 13 artifacts limit imposed by the game.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Mareneusz002
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mareneusz002 » 15 Jan 2022, 05:00

Tomsod wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 09:04 The patch won't add this line if you already have an INI without it. You can add it yourself, but it doesn't really matter as 1 is the default value, i.e. without this line the fix is on. The reason your thief doesn't do triple damage is that Master Dagger skill only triples the damage of the dagger itself (and then only sometimes), which is around 10 at most. The bonuses from skills, stats, and spells are not tripled. So it's not very noticeable.
hi

thanks for answer! yea that might be possible because i sometimes saw a bit higher hits ;l

do you maybe know if it is possible to change dagger 3x damage to higher? for example to 10x damage?
i have MMarchive but no idea where should i change it

also, other question, is it possible to change skills? change who can be grandmaster, who master? etc etc

for example i would like to have Druid who can be able to get Grandmaster in Body and Earth magic,
but Sorcerer won't be able to get Grandmaster, but only Master in Earth
and Priest only Master in Body magic

or maybe Druid would be able to be Master in Dark/Light magic

is it possible?

thanks!

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 15 Jan 2022, 08:57

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to tweak triple damage. It's very hard-coded. As for changing learnable skills, you'll want to install MMExtension (see nearby thread), then run the game twice, and it will create a few editable tables in (game folder)\Data\Tables. "Class Skills" is the one you want, just edit it with notepad or whatever.

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 22 Jan 2022, 11:38

I'm getting occasional weird crashes with v2.5.5 of your patch on travelling to a new region, apparently in MMHooks.pas:ArtifactsFoundCount(). Somehow, chest data is being overwritten with endless 0xd7d7d7d7 or 0xd6d6d6d6, and then your code tries to access ArtifactsFound[0xd7d7d7d7], which results in a crash. If I disable that hook, however, the corrupted data seems to disappear later (chest contents are OK). Now, I'm not sure if this is specific to my mod or not (happens rarely, wasn't able to reproduce in a fully vanilla install), but the crashes would most likely disappear if the code checked whether i < 0, or if i were declared as unsigned. Since this is a good idea anyway, please consider fixing it.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Jan 2022, 15:33

Tomsod wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 11:38 I'm getting occasional weird crashes with v2.5.5 of your patch on travelling to a new region, apparently in MMHooks.pas:ArtifactsFoundCount().
Send me the ErrorLog.txt. Though, by that time it's probably too late, better to try to find what causes 0xd7d7d7d7 and 0xd6d6d6d6 in the first place with data breakpoint or something.

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 22 Jan 2022, 17:41

I've tried, it's a rep movsd in some obscure function I've never seen before, and I wasn't able to figure it out. I you wish to investigate it, here's a slightly modified Harmondale map (really, I just opened it in MMEditor and immediately recompiled it back, w/o any changes) that reliably causes the crash to me on a fresh (otherwise vanilla) install. But I'm pretty sure that just adding the check for item ID being less than the first artifact will fix this as well.

Mareneusz002
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mareneusz002 » 22 Jan 2022, 23:42

Tomsod wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 08:57 Unfortunately, there's no easy way to tweak triple damage. It's very hard-coded. As for changing learnable skills, you'll want to install MMExtension (see nearby thread), then run the game twice, and it will create a few editable tables in (game folder)\Data\Tables. "Class Skills" is the one you want, just edit it with notepad or whatever.
Hi,

The class skills works excellent, thanks again for help!

i should have read about MMextension by myself before, but theres really many info about MM modding in few places,
and sadly im not really good in modding ;l

too bad its not easy to change tripple damage ;l
i really like Thief profession, but the tripple damage isnt really so strong compared to for example Knight profession which is strongest melee dps and tank at once. changing it to 10x damage or even more could balance Thief i think. maybe GrayFace can help with it in some next updates :) :P

i have also few other questions if possible please:

i wanted to upgrade some mobs, and for example change spells they use.
it works good, but some spells which arent used by any monster in game, cannot be added.

for example some mobs use Lightning bolt or Sparks or Shrapmetal and when i change mob spell "Shrapmetal" to "Sparks", it works good, so now mob uses Sparks instead Shrapmetal.

but when i want to change mob spell to spell which isnt in "monsters.txt" file so theres error and it doesnt work
for example change "Sparks" to "Jump" or "Soul drinker"

is it possible to make mobs being able to use for example spell "Jump" or "Soul drinker"?

also, is possible to change power of spells?
for example spell "Day of the gods" at Grandmaster skill does "Increases all seven stats of your characters by (5 * Skill Level)."
is it possible to change it to 10x skill level instead 5x skill level?

or "Shrapmetal" at Grandmaster skill does "Dires nine fragments, fastest recovery time."
is it possible to change it to 1 fragment or 15 fragments instead 9?

also, i dont know if its only me, but most of my .txt files from MM like "monsters.txt" or "mapstats.txt" and probably more files are really "chaotic" and its hard to find anything in right collumn / section / table

hard to explain but theres really mess.
when i want to change anything in these files, for example HP of the mob, i need to spend some time to locate the right collumn..

i have Polish version of MM7 if it matters, and GrayFace patch "Patch for other localized versions of the game"

i can try to upload some screens of it later

any solution to fix it?

Thanks!

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 23 Jan 2022, 00:56

The table text files are tab-separated. There are tricks to have the columns align, depending on the text editor you use, but it's probably simplest to just use TxtEdit, which was made specifically for this purpose.

As for other stuff you asked, none of it is impossible, but it's certainly not easy. You'd need programming skills and experience with a disassembler. Unless you're already a pro, it's probably not worth the effort.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 28 Jan 2022, 08:18

Mareneusz002 wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 23:42 too bad its not easy to change tripple damage ;l
i really like Thief profession, but the tripple damage isnt really so strong compared to for example Knight profession which is strongest melee dps and tank at once. changing it to 10x damage or even more could balance Thief i think. maybe GrayFace can help with it in some next updates :) :P
You could improve it in some other way. Say, +2/skill on GM. Or chance to do +100 damage equal to skill on GM (same effect on average).
Mareneusz002 wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 23:42is it possible to make mobs being able to use for example spell "Jump" or "Soul drinker"?
Mareneusz002 wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 23:42 or "Shrapmetal" at Grandmaster skill does "Dires nine fragments, fastest recovery time."
is it possible to change it to 1 fragment or 15 fragments instead 9?
Only on Asm/hooks level.
Mareneusz002 wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 23:42 also, is possible to change power of spells?
for example spell "Day of the gods" at Grandmaster skill does "Increases all seven stats of your characters by (5 * Skill Level)."
is it possible to change it to 10x skill level instead 5x skill level?
Well, it is possible. You could do an events.Tick event, check for spell being cast and change its power.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 28 Jan 2022, 08:19

Novi wrote: 27 Dec 2021, 18:11https://ibb.co/4jJFfVj
No, it's this well.
The well is black in software mode, but this bug was causing it to have water in D3D mode:
(p: $478965; newp: @WaterBitHook; t: RShtBefore; size: 6), // IsWater bit was causing water texture to be used outdoors in D3D
Should I add a switch to turn the fix off?

Novi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Novi » 28 Jan 2022, 16:53

GrayFace wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 08:19
Novi wrote: 27 Dec 2021, 18:11https://ibb.co/4jJFfVj
No, it's this well.
The well is black in software mode, but this bug was causing it to have water in D3D mode:
(p: $478965; newp: @WaterBitHook; t: RShtBefore; size: 6), // IsWater bit was causing water texture to be used outdoors in D3D
Should I add a switch to turn the fix off?
Oh, I see. Well, options are always good, but I didn't know it was intended to be black.

Novi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Novi » 28 Jan 2022, 16:59

Wait, I just noticed a new bug (haven't really played with 2.5.5 much), but for some reason, with nothing changed in config, my game starts with mouselook off. I can turn it on, but when I do, it's not loading my cursor anymore (I have a custom one which is a little bigger than the default since I play in 4K, but it was working fine until now).

This happens in all 3 games.

Edit: I'm not sure it has anything to do with the patches, since installing the older ones does this too. I just did a clean reinstall and it's still happening. Could new gpu drivers cause this?

Edit2: Ok, even the default HD cursor now doesn't load. I tried changing the ini settings and I still cannot get it to start with mouselook enabled either.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 30 Jan 2022, 06:33

Novi wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 16:59 Wait, I just noticed a new bug (haven't really played with 2.5.5 much), but for some reason, with nothing changed in config, my game starts with mouselook off. I can turn it on, but when I do, it's not loading my cursor anymore (I have a custom one which is a little bigger than the default since I play in 4K, but it was working fine until now).
Send me the ini

Return to “Might and Magic”