Might & Magic 7: Reimagined (Big Overhaul Mod)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might & Magic 7: Reimagined (Big Overhaul Mod)

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 21 Nov 2020, 15:42

Hello! 0/

This mod is an overhaul of Might & Magic 7: For Blood & Honour focused at changing game World visual style wise (new clutter, new items being hand-placed into maps, etc) with help of map editor and providing changed gameplay and increased difficulty for interested players (along with
better rewards and with hopefully more interesting gameplay).

Generally, most spells will feel differently (along with changed monster resistances), monsters will create additional challenge, and locations will have new secrets and will feel more lively (some have unusual named monsters - such as Barrow Downs crypts
- and some have mini-bosses).
Most aspects of the game been changed at least slightly in a mod: from NPC's, services and items (including enchantments) on most maps in the game, quests reward changes and new abilities added to existing spells and skills.

Monster stats and spawns have been reworked, and many monsters now cast new spells and possess new abilities. E.G. Wyverns now can summon dragonflies along with mages summonning elementals of light.

I also restored the unused manticore's in Nighon and the Nighon-related areas, along with numerous new guard additions to outdoor maps (rocs patrolling Tularean Forest or friendly genies flying over Bracada Desert, for example).

And many more more..

Currently my mod is in state of a Reimagined version 1.7 (22.06.2023).

Changes done in previous version (1.6):

+ Fixed bug with multiple copies of same NPC (Geofrey Hamic) being present in Celeste.
+ Added new sources of light in Celeste along with small map related changes.
+ Removed light bolt (causing audio glitch when casted by enemies) spell from thunderbirds on Mount Nighon and Celeste maps.
+ Castle Harmondale now have decreased amount of enemies in lower parts of map (prison) and in upper parts (private quarters).
+ Balance changes towards some spell recovery rates and mana costs.
+ Changed distribution of item enhancements, wands and scrolls found in game world.
+ Added moderate amount of negative instances (such as poison or curse abilities) to some enemies.
+ Fixed torch and changed light sources in Temple of Light.
+ Fixes related to Haunted Mansion broken textures.
+ Small changes to monk, ranger and thief classes.
+ Clanker's Amulet now have fixed "+ 30" bonus to alchemy skill.
+ Fixed class related descriptions (ones that are visible in character creation screen).
+ Fixed description for Telekinesis spell.

Changes done in current version (1.7):

+ Reworked stat breakpoints (now they are closer to original non-modded M&M 7 values and provide less generous rewards than before).
+ Added two new quests for last two remaining town halls in Celeste and in Pit.
~ (Special thanks goes to Eksekk and echo) ~
+ Changed some spells for balance reasons (especially low level damage spells, slow, psychic shock, etc.)
+ Reworked all dwarven barrow's and fixed existing hostility issues between monsters.
+ Added new monsters in existing game maps for more variety and new surprises.
+ Removed some ore pieces presented in game world; changed some ore pieces to ore of lower quality and reworked loot found in game world.
+ Changed descriptions of all ore pieces as QOL improvement.
+ Reduced amount of gold gained from killed monsters.
+ Small changes for most maps (Hall Udner the Hill, Bandit's Cave, Colony Zod, Mercenary Guild, etc.)
+ Decreased amount of wands scattered across the game world.

..And many more smaller changes.

For activating "God" mode do following:
1: Press Ctrl + F1 for MMExtension debug console.
2: Type god() in comand line.
3: Press Ctrl + Enter to execute command you just typed in console.

List of possible changes for future versions:
+ Adding new monster type into Lincoln ship.
+ Adding special "perks" unique only to specific skills or classes.
+ Further balance changes, based on additional feedback.

DISCLAIMER: It is advised to read README in attached .zip file for list of all notable changes!

DROPBOX LINK TO LATEST VERSION (1.7):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rw5lix8q6hp8f ... 7.zip?dl=0

HOW TO INSTALL (OR LOOK INTO README):

Generally structure of mod installation is this:

1) Install a fresh (unchanged) copy of M&M7
2) Install a latest Grayface patch with unchecked options: "Install LOD archives with fixes for map and game progression",
"Fix Thunderfist Mountain entrances mismatch" and "real Mega-dragon instead of weaker regular dragon". (IMPORTANT!)
3) Install MMExtension
4) Run M&M7 as ADMIN -- Close (IMPORTANT!)
5) Re-Open M&M7 -- Close (IMPORTANT!)
6) Install my mod overwriting everything as needed
7) Run MM7 with my mod

EITHER ONLY SLIGHTLY ANNOYING OR IMPOSSIBLE TO FIX CURRENT PROBLEMS:
1) Some textures are distorted (most notable in Erathian Sewers).
2) Some textures can be replaced with different ones for very limited amount of dungeons (most notable in Red Dwarf Mines or in Castle Harmondale). [Usually this is fixed by re-entering location].
3) Enhancements with new values in effect (disarm traps, armmaster, ID Item, ID Monsters, unarmed and dodging skills bonuses) still show old values in the descriptions. Sorry!
4) It is advised to always save before using NPC in Erathia (one way teleport into Stone City), because here is a possibility of a game crush.
5) Castle Harmondale will be unsafe for resting after party will clear main area out of goblins and other pests for first time. This have no effect on related story quest completion.

Special thanks goes to CognizanceGaming (scripts & testing help), eksekk (scripts, help with new quests added & testing help), Darkrage (testing) and cthscr (help with technical aspects of mod), AstroPheonix (testing), Yggdrasiface (testing), Artagas (testing), Bloax (testing and help with balance aspects of mod), echo (for images I used in last two town hall quests) and other people in no particular order.
Last edited by AzimovHaas8 on 21 Jun 2023, 20:42, edited 32 times in total.

CognizanceGaming
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might & Magic 7: Reimagined (Big Overhaul Mod)

Unread postby CognizanceGaming » 21 Nov 2020, 16:14

Working with this has been a lot of fun, and I am excited to see what comes in the future! Great work so far.

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 22 Nov 2020, 23:15

New update is available!

All changes and fixes now are described in first post.
It is important to remove a script named as "slowDownAddon.lua" from a Scripts / Global directory to fix multiple problems in some maps.

Enjoy 0/

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 26 Nov 2020, 17:52

New update is available!

All notable changes are quickly described in first post.

...Any possible feedback is important for me and our group of testers, so do not be afraid to leave comments or ask for word of advise.

Cheers 0/

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Nov 2020, 17:57

Right. Be looking into it later, then. It always seemed to have a lot of fixes whenever I was thinking on giving it a go. :lol:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 28 Nov 2020, 03:21

First Final version is available!

It is not a final version in a classical sense (here will be more updates afterwards), but this version is ready for play & contains all notable changes I want in my mod without any big / gamebreaking bugs.

Any feedback and any new ideas are welcome.

Cheers 0/

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 29 Nov 2020, 15:48

In my tests (along with other tester feedback) found big problem with "chain" damage effects, so new version with fixes is here.
Sorry for yet another version!

Anybody using First Final version without fixes or older versions: simply install newest version as usual, overwriting everything as required.
Save files or game progression will not be affected, so this is completely safe to do.

Cheers 0/

Sphagne
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sphagne » 16 Feb 2021, 08:18

Thank you and Gray face for revitalizing this great game for me. :tsup:

Your changes are great but some areas are totally filled with enemies, and a bit overwhelming.

Is there a way that I can reduce the number of enemy spawns?

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 13 Nov 2021, 14:23

I updated Reimagined mod once more.

Mostly balance changes (to make game easier and more enjoyable) and map fixes along with small updates.

Cheers : ]

kotgaf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kotgaf » 15 Nov 2021, 06:37

AzimovHaas8 wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 14:23 I updated Reimagined mod once more.

Mostly balance changes (to make game easier and more enjoyable) and map fixes along with small updates.

Hi! I tried to contact you via email, no luck here :)
I have some bugs to report:
1) poison damage cause game to run exception every tick. I mock it with "return" to temporary fix it.
2) implosion cause monsters to disapear in walls, making them almost impossible to kill(still they can attack you sometimes)
3) reanimate spell casted by my Villian doesn't work at all. However, when I used scroll it worked.
4) very strange loot on Gogs/Magogs, almost 100% chance to get item, very wide range of item generation, from staffs to books, armor, etc.
Overall mod is great, I'm having fun with it !

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 15 Nov 2021, 14:44

kotgaf wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 06:37
AzimovHaas8 wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 14:23 I updated Reimagined mod once more.

Hi! I tried to contact you via email, no luck here :)
I have some bugs to report:
1) poison damage cause game to run exception every tick. I mock it with "return" to temporary fix it.
2) implosion cause monsters to disapear in walls, making them almost impossible to kill(still they can attack you sometimes)
3) reanimate spell casted by my Villian doesn't work at all. However, when I used scroll it worked.
4) very strange loot on Gogs/Magogs, almost 100% chance to get item, very wide range of item generation, from staffs to books, armor, etc.
Overall mod is great, I'm having fun with it !
Hello and thank you a lot for submitting bugs! : ]

1, 2 and 3 are related to scripts used for spell changes and 4 is related to my changes in loot distirbution (I need to make a chance of getting loot from gog corpses to be much lower and only of specific item types).

If you have any balance suggestions as well, I'm very open to this kind of feedback as well.

kotgaf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kotgaf » 16 Nov 2021, 07:17

AzimovHaas8 wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 14:44 Hello and thank you a lot for submitting bugs! : ]

1, 2 and 3 are related to scripts used for spell changes and 4 is related to my changes in loot distirbution (I need to make a chance of getting loot from gog corpses to be much lower and only of specific item types).

If you have any balance suggestions as well, I'm very open to this kind of feedback as well.
UPD.
2) Looks like it's not implossion. I've met a few monsters stucked in walls. Or just turning invisible. Don't know the reason. May be sprite scaling?
3) I was able to reanimate peasant. But not monsters. May be this is related to hostile/friend ly status?

Overall, I'm satisfied with balance changes. In particular:
1) Alchemy buff (especially through items) - great, at least it became more useful
2) Hybrid is good enough, they were too useless in vanilla. Especially Druid. Ranger is still too weak to consider him in the party. There is just no role he can fulfil.
3) Items buff like + to SP,HP,skills are far more useful.
4) Some quests gets harder and more interesting for example, Fey King or search for map for Evenmorn Island. It's because...
5) new monsters in old places!
6) spells reworked!
7) stats values increased also looks more fair. esp. for these new monsters.
8) some random loot in world.
9) Identify monster buff. It's not so good but why not? Also, very thematic.

Some... not so good changes :)
1) Monster spells. For example, Troglodytes. They are overpowered for their level. I mean, I easily beat borrows but the amount of the damage caused by Acid Cloud(is it?) are enough to oneshot my archer. Even with ~36 resistance. And sometimes it's just a little to none damage! Maybe it's because very wide spell damage range? Also, cast rate is too high. At the same time, Gogs are weak. You can easily overcome their damage with fire protection + regeneration.

2) some of the increased monsters count are just too much to became boring. They are not really problem, you just grind your way through them. This is true for Land of Giants/ Tunnel to Eofol.

3) Some quests gets harder and not so fun. That's mainly because this quests were bad and unfair in vanilla. For example, Druid promotion(esp. Warlock) probably the worst in game. And because of increased monsters count it became more annoying than vanilla. Also, don't think you can do anything except run on Dwarven Mines (that was the best tactics in vanilla too). The places I considered annoying: borrows tombs(too many enemies, probably best way was to fear them), tunnel to Eofol, Avelee(at druid shrine), Land of Giants.

4)spell costs (money). They are ok in general but too much for low-level spells. Saving money just to buy fireBOLT is not so fun :)

5) some funny frustrating bugs) 1 - I killed peasant on Arena and got bounty on my head in Town Hall. 2 - Hostile ghosts in Pit for dark party

Overall my game experience was from medium-hard-easy-medium-hard-mediam->easy during game, due to the key points :
fire aura(a lot of dmg in melee), fireball (a lot of AoE damage), fly(ignore enemies), berserk(as good as enslave, just make monsters tank for you),town portal(get day of Gods in Erathia(Steadwick) and off you go on killing spree), invisible (need I say something?), protection from magic.
Next spell supposed to be Reanimate, but, you know, it doesn't work)
These speells are game breaking, I mean when you get them you became very powerful and kill everything of your level, until you face another strong enemies.

My party was : Paladin,Druid,Archer,Monk. In vanilla I almost never played with hybrids(they sucks imo) but due to changes decided to give them a chance. It's good overall. Better than vanilla, I'm sure.

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 16 Nov 2021, 15:26

Are you using latest version of Reimagined mod?

I removed ghosts in Pit, fixed Small House with Tolberti / Robert the Wise and reduced monster count along with smallish changes.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 16 Nov 2021, 17:37

errormm7reimagined.png

Just started playing this mod, and so far im loving it, made more challenging but also more rewarding so that playing actually feels different. I am having an issue though, Ive had this happen in avlee, erathia, and the troglodyte cave where the acromage cards are, i believe it has something to do with certain spell effects. this pop up will keep happening every round unless i save and load, and if the enemy that is causing it is still there it will repeat it.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 16 Nov 2021, 18:24

the beavers1 wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 17:37 errormm7reimagined.png Image

Just started playing this mod, and so far im loving it, made more challenging but also more rewarding so that playing actually feels different. I am having an issue though, Ive had this happen in avlee, erathia, and the troglodyte cave where the acromage cards are, i believe it has something to do with certain spell effects. this pop up will keep happening every round unless i save and load, and if the enemy that is causing it is still there it will repeat it.

Yes, these error messages definetly related to spell scripts coming with mod (poison adding effect, in particular) and scripts will be reworked with next update. Sorry for current inconvenience.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 16 Nov 2021, 18:37

AzimovHaas8 wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 18:24
Yes, these error messages definetly related to spell scripts coming with mod (poison adding effect, in particular) and scripts will be reworked with next update. Sorry for current inconvenience.
thanks, good to know its gonna be fixed, so far i just need to kill the enemy and it will go away once i save and reload.

kotgaf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kotgaf » 17 Nov 2021, 16:04

AzimovHaas8 wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 15:26 Are you using latest version of Reimagined mod?

I removed ghosts in Pit, fixed Small House with Tolberti / Robert the Wise and reduced monster count along with smallish changes.
Yes, I used this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pr0zs26s0rpki ... 9.zip?dl=0
Well, I can redownload and check it again.

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AzimovHaas8 » 17 Nov 2021, 18:48

kotgaf wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 16:04
AzimovHaas8 wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 15:26 Are you using latest version of Reimagined mod?

Yes, I used this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pr0zs26s0rpki ... 9.zip?dl=0
Well, I can redownload and check it again.

This is an old and expired link.
I replaced it with new one in the first post (it will be named as Might & Magic 7 (Reimagined 1.1) in DropBox).

And update is coming soon : - )

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 18 Nov 2021, 01:37

Found another bug, Immolation does not work for either players or enemies.

kotgaf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kotgaf » 23 Nov 2021, 11:35

About reanimate spell: probably not a bug. I almost never used it before, so I didn't know what you have to be more skilled to reanimate powerful monsters. In facts, it's look like very weak, due to this restriction. IMO time-to-live timer on zombie wood be better.

Also, I want to tell some thoughts on monk class.
There is core problem. Monk get real power only after 2nd promotion, because crucial skills of unarmed and dodge. Until then, they just a pale shadow of Knight efficency. After that, they are really shine with ability to totally evade attack.
Both of this unarmed and dodge are near useless on their own without staff and leather skills. I mean, you can't overdamage staff skill with unarmed just because of Flame Aura. So, in general staff+leather are more viable than unarmed and dodge before GM.
The solution as I see it is to move some skill bonuses down in grade.
For example dodge bonus "Can use skill when wearing leather armor." should be moved in Master and same goes for Staff "Staff can be used with the Unarmed skill."
With these changes, Monks can keep up damage race with Knights.

Return to “Might and Magic”