Merge "missing" MM8 promotion quests - ideas (with text & icons)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Echo
Demon
Demon

Re: Merge "missing" MM8 promotion quests - ideas (with text & icons)

Unread postby Echo » 28 Aug 2021, 18:17

I have no idea about M&M coordinates tbh. Anything's fine as far as I'm concerned, I gave these quests/items to community here to use them/modify them/ignore them as they see fit :) I barely have time anymore to drop by...

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 11 Oct 2021, 05:20

Echo wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 18:17 I have no idea about M&M coordinates tbh. Anything's fine as far as I'm concerned, I gave these quests/items to community here to use them/modify them/ignore them as they see fit :) I barely have time anymore to drop by...
Oh, I was addressing community with that question, perhaps should made it quote without specifying user.
Meanwhile, some progress (these quests were pushed in Revamp):
Garret Deverro was chosen as the quest giver. He's now in Avalon's house while not substituting Sir Charles Quixote. (I always hate that behaviour of characters coming out of nowhere and going back there some time later.)
Bazalath was chosen as the quest giver. (Dragon Cave's houses are quite populated already, so I decided not to add new citizen. Previously Bazalath disappears when alliance with Dragon Hunters was made, I've [changed it since I've] seen no reason for this [probably we have a part of non-written quest here].)
This also means Dragons don't have access to Flight (Dragon Ability Master) from the start of the game and should be promoted first.

AndrewBased
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AndrewBased » 13 Oct 2021, 12:35

Hello nice people.
I'm currently modeling dungeons with blender, i suucededly imported one in the Merged Might and Magic and apparently it seems pretty easy. I used to have broader projects but i guess that to start i can try something for this purpose. Currently i made a part of a dungeon without setting the textures or scripts (since the whole coding area doesn't suit me), if anyone is interested in discussing about this it would be a pleasure for me, i'd love to get involved in some actual modding. Let me know!

StormyG7
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby StormyG7 » 22 Oct 2021, 22:10

I always thought the class naming convention seems like someone at NWC was low on creative juices. I renamed everything, adjusted the skills, HP/SP levels, etc, not realizing that many of the new classes were not yet implemented. Still, it was a lot of fun and I have some ideas to share if anyone is inspired to make a quest for them. I like the idea of a neutral, good, and evil version of every class, but I am not compelled to name them based on the nature of their current promotion quests.

Archer -> Battlemage -> Arcane Archer / Mystic Archer / Umbral Archer

Warrior -> Knight -> Knight Errant / Knight Champion / Blackguard

Cleric -> Battlepriest -> Celestial Cleric / Solar Cleric / Lunar Cleric

Crusader -> Paladin > Knight Templar / Archon Paladin / Death Knight

Mage -> Archmage -> Sage / Wizard / (Lich or Darklord depending on whether you convert them to undead)

Thief -> Rogue -> Baron / Warder / Assassin

Hunter -> Ranger -> (Vori Ranger or Sharpshooter?) / Sylvan Ranger / (Blightland or Duskwood Ranger?)

Shaman -> Druid -> Witch / Sorcerer / Warlock

Initiate -> Adept -> Grey Master / Radiant Master / Shadow Master

Minotaur -> Minotaur Lord / Minotaur Guardian / Dungeon Minotaur

Barbarian -> Berserker -> Warlord / Warchief / Reaver

Dark Elf -> Dark Elf Nomad -> Dark Elf Hierarch (more gender neutral), Dark Elf Scion, Dark Elf Overlord

Vampire -> Elder Vampire -> Vampire Count / Revenant / Nosferatu
(Making this one "a good guy" promotion is a stretch, but I figure there could be a humanizing-looking transformation that brings back some color to their faces and features if one were willing to go through the effort; this way you could have some vampire curse removal promotion quest to become a revenant which retains the Vampire Ability. or, perhaps there's no reason they vampire's can't be good, I dunno)

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 23 Oct 2021, 14:19

AndrewBased wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 12:35 Hello nice people.
I'm currently modeling dungeons with blender, i suucededly imported one in the Merged Might and Magic and apparently it seems pretty easy. I used to have broader projects but i guess that to start i can try something for this purpose. Currently i made a part of a dungeon without setting the textures or scripts (since the whole coding area doesn't suit me), if anyone is interested in discussing about this it would be a pleasure for me, i'd love to get involved in some actual modding. Let me know!
If all else fails, you can upload your created dungeons, and I will make sure to use them in my Rev4 for Merge conversion (full credit included). It's not as exciting as working in actual modding group, but I guess it's better than nothing. :) And if you'd want to work with me, I'm looking forward to that! This doesn't have to be for my mod btw, we can work for general Merge if you want so.
Last edited by Eksekk on 23 Oct 2021, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 23 Oct 2021, 14:22

StormyG7 wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 22:10 I always thought the class naming convention seems like someone at NWC was low on creative juices. I renamed everything, adjusted the skills, HP/SP levels, etc, not realizing that many of the new classes were not yet implemented. Still, it was a lot of fun and I have some ideas to share if anyone is inspired to make a quest for them. I like the idea of a neutral, good, and evil version of every class, but I am not compelled to name them based on the nature of their current promotion quests.

Archer -> Battlemage -> Arcane Archer / Mystic Archer / Umbral Archer

Warrior -> Knight -> Knight Errant / Knight Champion / Blackguard

Cleric -> Battlepriest -> Celestial Cleric / Solar Cleric / Lunar Cleric

Crusader -> Paladin > Knight Templar / Archon Paladin / Death Knight

Mage -> Archmage -> Sage / Wizard / (Lich or Darklord depending on whether you convert them to undead)

Thief -> Rogue -> Baron / Warder / Assassin

Hunter -> Ranger -> (Vori Ranger or Sharpshooter?) / Sylvan Ranger / (Blightland or Duskwood Ranger?)

Shaman -> Druid -> Witch / Sorcerer / Warlock

Initiate -> Adept -> Grey Master / Radiant Master / Shadow Master

Minotaur -> Minotaur Lord / Minotaur Guardian / Dungeon Minotaur

Barbarian -> Berserker -> Warlord / Warchief / Reaver

Dark Elf -> Dark Elf Nomad -> Dark Elf Hierarch (more gender neutral), Dark Elf Scion, Dark Elf Overlord

Vampire -> Elder Vampire -> Vampire Count / Revenant / Nosferatu
(Making this one "a good guy" promotion is a stretch, but I figure there could be a humanizing-looking transformation that brings back some color to their faces and features if one were willing to go through the effort; this way you could have some vampire curse removal promotion quest to become a revenant which retains the Vampire Ability. or, perhaps there's no reason they vampire's can't be good, I dunno)
These are amazing! So creative :)
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 19 Dec 2021, 10:39

Necromancer quest [implementation] was cruel. To get your corpse non-staying use GraphicState=6. Set AIState after disabling invisibility. I haven't found proper sprite for a gravestone, so one of small rune stones was used. And of course there are no female cleric sprites in all three games, so I've chosen one of peasant.

PS. Don't click on a corpse before reanimating it. That's a good way to fail promotion quest. You've been warned. (I don't know if it's possible to change this behavior.)

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 21 Dec 2021, 18:59

cthscr wrote: 19 Dec 2021, 10:39PS. Don't click on a corpse before reanimating it. That's a good way to fail promotion quest. You've been warned. (I don't know if it's possible to change this behavior.)
PickCorpse event can be used to override default behaivor upon clicking on corpse:

Code: Select all

-- Put it into out01.lua from Scripts\Maps.
	function events.PickCorpse(t)
		t.AllowDefault = false -- bypass default behaivor (do not remove corpse)
		--t.MonsterIndex - monster's index from Map.Monsters 
		--t.Monster == Map.Monsters[t.MonsterIndex]
		--t.Monster.AIState = const.AIState.Invisible -- to remove corpse
	end

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 22 Feb 2022, 16:12

Minotaur Headsman (class name is taken from MM7 Monsters.txt). Given by Ferris, Ninegos is in Ironsand Desert.

Elder Vampire: quest giver is in house 902 (House Memoria) in Ravenshore. Hermit Troll is in north-east part of Garrote Gorge. He isn't hostile by default. He also has BrkWeapon bonus.

Dark Elf classes were renamed fully. Deerslayer - Pioneer - Pathfinder. (I tried to choose names close enough [by first letters, yeah] to Dark Elf and Patriarch while having Scout as the main theme.) Quest giver is in house 531 (Oscleton Residence). Wasp Queen is near Nest entrance. She has Poison2 bonus.
I decided to preserve Sentinel for some other class, probably tier2.

This means all 8 tier1 promo quests are implemented [in Revamp]. Various bugs are expected.

rampage77t
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby rampage77t » 11 Mar 2022, 19:46

cthscr wrote: 22 Feb 2022, 16:12 Minotaur Headsman (class name is taken from MM7 Monsters.txt). Given by Ferris, Ninegos is in Ironsand Desert.

Elder Vampire: quest giver is in house 902 (House Memoria) in Ravenshore. Hermit Troll is in north-east part of Garrote Gorge. He isn't hostile by default. He also has BrkWeapon bonus.

Dark Elf classes were renamed fully. Deerslayer - Pioneer - Pathfinder. (I tried to choose names close enough [by first letters, yeah] to Dark Elf and Patriarch while having Scout as the main theme.) Quest giver is in house 531 (Oscleton Residence). Wasp Queen is near Nest entrance. She has Poison2 bonus.
I decided to preserve Sentinel for some other class, probably tier2.

This means all 8 tier1 promo quests are implemented [in Revamp]. Various bugs are expected.

How do I get the troll promotion quest (berserk is now I think)? I did the classic quest to find the old home of the trolls but I'm missing another promotion and I can't find the NPC that gives it to me? Or did the mission I did have to be done after the other promotion?

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 15 Mar 2022, 09:38

rampage77t wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 19:46 How do I get the troll promotion quest (berserk is now I think)? I did the classic quest to find the old home of the trolls but I'm missing another promotion and I can't find the NPC that gives it to me? Or did the mission I did have to be done after the other promotion?
Looks like you didn't look enough for the NPC. ;) Anyway, his name was already written in this thread:
cthscr wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 18:37 Hobb Sandwind (id=67) is the questgiver for tier2 promotion (Berserker to Warmonger).

rampage77t
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby rampage77t » 15 Mar 2022, 18:57

cthscr wrote: 15 Mar 2022, 09:38
rampage77t wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 19:46 How do I get the troll promotion quest (berserk is now I think)? I did the classic quest to find the old home of the trolls but I'm missing another promotion and I can't find the NPC that gives it to me? Or did the mission I did have to be done after the other promotion?
Looks like you didn't look enough for the NPC. ;) Anyway, his name was already written in this thread:
cthscr wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 18:37 Hobb Sandwind (id=67) is the questgiver for tier2 promotion (Berserker to Warmonger).

Either I couldn't before or I was stupid and didn't realize it. Another thing is that it won't let me master dark elf skill because I need to be promoted to Pathfinder, but my character was already promoted when I found Cauri and it still won't let me learn it.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 20 Mar 2022, 07:27

rampage77t wrote: 15 Mar 2022, 18:57 Another thing is that it won't let me master dark elf skill because I need to be promoted to Pathfinder, but my character was already promoted when I found Cauri and it still won't let me learn it.
Clicking on "Promotion to Honorary Pathfinder" will help (Relburn Jeebes offer it as well) if character race is Dark Elf. Actually "Promotion to Honorary Pioneer" should be enough to be able to get Master in Dark Elf Ability.

foreverthesceptic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby foreverthesceptic » 29 Jun 2022, 19:30

Hi guy's

Found a bug, I've just completed the, 'Find the lost minotaur Ninegos' quest and the quest log still remains in the log book.

Return to “Might and Magic”