Change Respawn/rebirth time

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
szamanek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Change Respawn/rebirth time

Unread postby szamanek » 23 Aug 2021, 22:14

It is possible to change the respawn/rebirth time in locations? I love the concept in modern MMO games where the respawn of enemies is always when you leave and come back in desire location. Is it possible to do the same in MM6/7/8?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: Change Respawn/rebirth time

Unread postby DaveHer » 24 Aug 2021, 02:56

szamanek wrote:It is possible to change the respawn/rebirth time in locations? I love the concept in modern MMO games where the respawn of enemies is always when you leave and come back in desire location. Is it possible to do the same in MM6/7/8?
Yes there is. Look at mapstats.txt. At the very top look at refil and days. You need to extract it from EnglandT.lod file with MMArchive.
David

szamanek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby szamanek » 24 Aug 2021, 03:27

DaveHer wrote:
szamanek wrote:It is possible to change the respawn/rebirth time in locations? I love the concept in modern MMO games where the respawn of enemies is always when you leave and come back in desire location. Is it possible to do the same in MM6/7/8?
Yes there is. Look at mapstats.txt. At the very top look at refil and days. You need to extract it from EnglandT.lod file with MMArchive.
David
Found it.. so basically i have to just lower the "refill days" from 632 to like 2-3? also where to put the txt file? Back to the EnglandT.lod file?
Also... do i'm forced to start a new game? or i can continue from a save game?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 24 Aug 2021, 04:35

szamanek wrote:
DaveHer wrote:
David
Found it.. so basically i have to just lower the "refill days" from 632 to like 2-3? also where to put the txt file? Back to the EnglandT.lod file?
Also... do i'm forced to start a new game? or i can continue from a save game?
Changing it to 3 will refill in three game days. Place the modified mapstats.txt back into EnglishT.lod file with MMArchive. Drag and drop it into it. No I do not think it will invalidate the savegame.
David

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 24 Aug 2021, 11:34

You can also put mapstats.txt in the DataFiles folder, if your patch version is recent enough.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 24 Aug 2021, 14:46

Tomsod wrote:You can also put mapstats.txt in the DataFiles folder, if your patch version is recent enough.
Thanks for the info. I did not know this.
David

szamanek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby szamanek » 25 Aug 2021, 15:11

Thanks for helping me with the rebirth. I really appreciate that:)

I have only one question ... is it possible to change the "Training Time" at the Training Grounds .. It lasts a week now? Can this be changed to ... To one day.

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 25 Aug 2021, 18:06

The training time is basically hardcoded in the executable, so there's no simple way to change it. You'd need assembly knowledge! I actually plan to shorten it in the next version of my MM7 mod -- from eight days per level to eight days per session (any amount of levels) -- but even there it will be longer than one day. So you're out of luck. Although you could also manually "reverse" time with MMExtension each time you train, or even write a script for that. Not sure if it'd work properly, but if it did, it would be comparatively simple.
Last edited by Tomsod on 25 Aug 2021, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 28 Aug 2021, 18:14

Why would you need that if everything respawns in 1-2 days though? :D What difference does it make if you train for 1 day or 1 month? :D

Return to “Might and Magic”