Aeolwyn's Legacy (Upcoming M&M like game)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Strobe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Aeolwyn's Legacy (Upcoming M&M like game)

Unread postby Strobe » 25 Nov 2019, 21:23

Hey people!

Sorry for making an entire new topic, but.
I've just discovered a brand new game, and imo all of Might and magic fans must have to know about it.
I lost my hope since Might and Magic X: Legacy came out, gaving up all my hopes to experience the nostalgic, turn base, explorational party oriented rpg vibe i had in older M&M games. I was looking up to these forums to check on MM 6-7-8 merge (which is undescribably fantastic), and looking around for anything about modding M&M 9 (i was curious about retexturing mm9). Nothing i found here, so was checking out browsers. Then i found something else. Tim Lang (developer of MM9 and other?) is working on a turn based rpg, and already a demo is released.
And i can say... this game is more than promising. I actually felt like im playing again an M&M game. When i found out Tim Lang working on this, i was so glad and confident, that this game will be surely M&M inspired. And boy, it is... i love it.

This game is: Aeolwyn's Legacy by brrappgames

https://www.brrappgames.com/aeolwyn-s-legacy

I already went to forums, looking for more information. I was shocked how empty it is, probably no one knows about it yet.
Firstly, this game is in very early stage (alpha?), so there's obviously bugs.
I've made a feedback about bugs i experienced, and also offered i try to help, and sent to Tim. Also i was begging for a modding kit in the future, the game would be perfect for bringing older episodes back by recreating.
Actually, he already answered to me, very kindly and accepted any help. Right now he needs 3d modelers for characters, level designers, texturers, and anything else is handy.
I just wanted to let everyone know about this fantastic project, and about the opportunity of helping Tim. Be sure to check around the website, and try the demo. And if anyone can help to make progress faster, then you can contact Tim on the website.
Im curious what you guys think about it.
Last edited by Strobe on 25 Nov 2019, 21:29, edited 3 times in total.

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Aeolwyn's Legacy (Upcoming M&M like game)

Unread postby Steven Aus » 26 Nov 2019, 05:34

Yes, it would be great for folks interested to help out personally and/or raise the profile in the gaming community to attract support and interest from those looking for this sort of game.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

timbecile
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby timbecile » 29 Nov 2019, 19:53

Thanks Strobe! I meant to post here, but after the warm welcome I got at RPGCodex, I was waiting for the upgraded UI version of the demo.

But I'm glad you posted! I just wanted to mention that there is also a demo available for download if you want to get a first hand experience what it plays like.

https://www.brrappgames.com/aeolwyn-s-legacy-download

Just remember it's still early so there's plenty of bugs to find!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Dec 2019, 23:33

Feeling excited Tim, no sound too. Looks like the one from good old times, it's charming a lot. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Starwander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Starwander » 11 Dec 2019, 02:49

Thank you for sharing, will certainly be purchasing when it is released.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 27 Jan 2020, 06:10

Seems promising. It's M&M 6 -8 in all but name. I have downloaded the demo, will try!
Though the first sentence (developer of MM9) made me vince... I only ever played that game once and even forgot most of that experience, it was so bad. Hope the game is more like the previous ones and not like that. The dungeon designs and creature graphics certainly look better here than in 9.
Last edited by BB Shockwave on 27 Jan 2020, 06:11, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”