News Tip - New Disciples Game 'Liberation'

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Blake
Assassin
Assassin

News Tip - New Disciples Game 'Liberation'

Unread postby Blake » 07 Jun 2021, 08:16

Here's another news tip for the front page guys.. we've got another Disciples game on the way!!! I'm stunned as I thought this series was dead for sure!

Looks interesting... the trailer is very fancy looking and the pictures look like decent 3D, but I can't see any interface or if there's the cool Gothic artwork fans have come to love and expect. I’m also wondering if they’re dialing back the HoMM TBS strategy game (eg capture castles & resources) side of it and pushing more of a King’s Bounty RPG feel.

Last edited by Blake on 15 Mar 2022, 08:20, edited 5 times in total.
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Re: News Tip - New Disciples Game 'Liberation'

Unread postby Blake » 12 Jun 2021, 06:04

First gameplay trailer is finally here! Gotta say this actually looks like a fun game I'd play and enjoy but the problem is it's not really Disciples. It feels more like King's Bounty mixed with Diablo & HoMM. They're games I love of course (hence why I'm here lol) but dropping the gothic artwork for a more HoMM/KB cartoonish look for all heroes and units is a huge loss to THIS series. They say dark fantasy but its just KB & HoMM with a bit more darkness. Disciples visual style was all about the gothic side of dark fantasy. I wonder if it's a consequence of Canadians doing it instead of a eastern European country cause those guys know Gothic.

Last edited by Blake on 15 Mar 2022, 08:20, edited 2 times in total.
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 17 Jun 2021, 05:19

Much bigger video with more gameplay reveal and dev commentary has come out.

It actually looks like a decent game and is very King's Bounty and HoMM like.. but it's just not Disciples and it's getting burned so bad in the comments on youtube and everywhere else because of that lol.

Last edited by Blake on 15 Mar 2022, 08:19, edited 2 times in total.

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 14 Aug 2021, 07:28

Game is nearing release so there's been lots of new video content released. Nothing that changes my opinion earlier though and it doesn't look like it's changed anyone else's either, as the comments on all the videos are pretty Savage with so many upset Disciples fans saying it's not Disciples (most just want D2 with a new coat of paint).

All that being said I does actually look like a fun game with a lot of King's Bounty and we bit of HoMM in it, so I'll probably get it.

Nice informative IGN preview:

Bigger 20min gameplay vid by Niche Gamer:

New little official trailer from Kalypso Media:

Kalypso Media also have done a giant 2 hour stream playing the game:

Looks like we've got lots of preview articles too.. note how Kalypso Media repeatedly say they wanted to modernize and streamline the Disciples experience. Umm yeah unfortunately they've literally turned it into a completely different game and now wonder why everyone's upset lol.
https://www.gamespew.com/2021/08/discip ... n-preview/
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/d...dialogue-says-creative-director/1100-6495031/
https://www.ign.com/articles/disciples- ... st-preview
https://rpgamer.com/2021/08/disciples-l ... mpression/
https://nichegamer.com/2021/08/12/d...s-of-virtual-press-tour-gameplay-and-details/
https://entertainment-focus.com/2021/08 ... -thoughts/

Nice banner though...
Last edited by Blake on 15 Mar 2022, 08:19, edited 9 times in total.

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 15 Mar 2022, 08:05

First DLC announced for the new Disciples game which despite screwing the formula up (feels more like a dark King's Bounty and less like the old Disciples games) massively seems to do doing rather well (guess it connected with younger audiences).

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 9217768465
Disciples: Liberation - Paths to Madness DLC is coming!

Brand new Disciples: Liberation - Paths to Madness DLC
Set foot on the Paths to Madness

The DLC Disciples: Liberation – Paths to Madness, will be released on Thursday, 24th March 2022 for PlayStation 4|5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
Lots of exciting and brand new content is waiting for you to discover.

New secrets are revealed as you follow Avyanna on a new adventure to liberate the people of Nevendaar. Dark secrets, mysterious creatures and lost treasures await you on your journey.
Explore the far corners of Nevendaar, where you will encounter 4 powerful enemies throughout Disciples: Liberation - Paths to Madness, that can also become powerful allies. In the unexplored dungeons of Nevendaar, powerful legendary rewards await to be wielded in battle by Avyanna.

Liberate Nevendaar and add Disciples: Liberation - Paths to Madness to your wish list:

Features
  • New paths: Disciples: Liberation – Paths to Madness carves new ways that can be accessed at any time in the game – even with pre-existing playthroughs. And whether you have just set out on your journey or have already forged ahead, these paths will adapt their challenge to your character level.
  • Eight new stories: Dark side quests spark new storylines with new characters and challenges.
  • Four strong allies and powerful enemies: Strengthen your army with the Daughter of Sin, the Living Armor, the Blood Ent and the Avatar of Death. After unlocking, the new units can be recruited both in the main game and in the multiplayer.
  • Four new dungeons are waiting to be explored: Dungeons full of mysteries and secrets lie hidden the far-flung corners of Nevendaar – the laboratory of a mad necromancer, a forge that turns out to be a secret workshop of the Veil, a place brimming with magic in a demonic fortress and a sacred grove of the Elven Alliance hidden among the mountain peaks.
  • Four lost and legendary relics: The Rod of the Baroness, the Scepter of the Archangel, the Staff of the Lich Queen, and the Dragon Blade of Illumielle are waiting to taste blood once again.

Return to “Campfire”