Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
LordInsane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 11.05.2021]

Unread postby LordInsane » 01 Jun 2021, 22:11

cthscr wrote:
LordInsane wrote:
cthscr wrote:1. Necromancer corresponds to Wizard. 2. Separating Lich and Master Necromancer classes wasn't a thing in Comm Merge since April 2020.
Yes, but the Comm Merge went awry with splitting way too many classes into Light/Dark/Neutral.
Don't just use words, back them up with facts:

Code: Select all

> local used, good, evil = 0, 0, 0
for k, v in pairs(Game.ClassesExtra) do
  if v.Kind > 0 then
    used = used + 1
    if v.Alignment == const.Alignment.Good then
      good = good + 1
    elseif v.Alignment == const.Alignment.Evil then
      evil = evil + 1
    end
  end
end
print(string.format("Used classes: %d; good: %d; evil: %d", used, good, evil))
---- Log File Output: ----
Used classes: 51; good: 10; evil: 10
9 good/light from MM7, 9 evil/dark from MM7, good MM8 Cleric [of the Light], evil MM8 Necromancer.

You looked into 'Class skills.txt' and got scared of these placeholders needed by 'Class starting skills.txt'? That's okay, don't blame yourself for not knowing reasons [written in corresponding issue].
[/quote]
You assume I hadn't already read 546 well before this and noticed the absence of any actual reason given for what's going on with Light Dragon 3 or the like, or hadn't noticed how... rushed the discussion was on the new class system before it started to be implemented.

I'm also not sure how you missed the obvious Cardinal of the Moon for this apparently-needed tier 3 for Dark path priests given the Light counterpart is of the Sun and what two churches were prominent in Karigor and on Evenmorn, but that's rather less fundamental a concern.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 02 Jun 2021, 13:14

LordInsane wrote:You assume I hadn't already read 546 well before this and noticed the absence of any actual reason given for what's going on with Light Dragon 3 or the like, or hadn't noticed how... rushed the discussion was on the new class system before it started to be implemented.
Corresponding issue is #428. Not the ideal name probably but it was referenced in class system implementation.
546 is like post-implementation sandbox for different fantasies. They are good but irrelevant until class (not its placeholder!) is implemented properly.
Note on 'Class Starting Skills.txt': don't trust its column names in Base Merge, they are misleading. Set 0 ('Archer' column) is used for classes 0 and 1 (Archer and Warrior Mage), set 1 ('WarriorMage' column) - for classes 2 and 3 (Master Archer and Sniper), etc.
Why 'Class Starting Skills.txt' is ever important for non-starting classes? Because it is used in mercenary generation procedure.

Back to used classes though. There are 51 used classes in Comm Merge, out of them 10 are good and 10 are evil. Base Merge on the other hand has... 51 used classes (0 good or evil) and the bug that randomly uses 52nd non-used "n/u" class. Difference in used classes: Lich and Master Necromancer merged into one class, added Cleric of the Light class that corresponds to MM8 Cleric (able to learn Light Magic). Surprisingly here Comm Merge became closer to vanilla than Base Merge. ;)

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 02 Jun 2021, 13:41

Xfing wrote:Just found the Crown of Final Dominion in the chest left to the obelisk in Erathia. I don't think artifacts and relics are supposed to appear in that chest.
Chest 7 is supposed to have 3 random artifacts in MM7 according to MMEditor 2.1 (which is in Merge as well). And one tier6 item which could become an artifact too.
Doesn't mean it will actually provide 3 artifacts in MM7 but this MMEditor behavior might affect 7out03.odm.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 Jun 2021, 13:49

cthscr wrote:
Xfing wrote:Just found the Crown of Final Dominion in the chest left to the obelisk in Erathia. I don't think artifacts and relics are supposed to appear in that chest.
Chest 7 is supposed to have 3 random artifacts in MM7 according to MMEditor 2.1 (which is in Merge as well). And one tier6 item which could become an artifact too.
Doesn't mean it will actually provide 3 artifacts in MM7 but this MMEditor behavior might affect 7out03.odm.
Well I only found the crown there and the rest was junk such as tier 1 reagents and such. Kinda like in the hidden tree chest in Ravenshore. Guess it's fair that there's an artifact chest there, since MM7 never had those, and it's not like it's easy to make your way there when you're low level anyway. Just making sure

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 02 Jun 2021, 14:11

Xfing wrote:
cthscr wrote:
Well I only found the crown there and the rest was junk such as tier 1 reagents and such. Kinda like in the hidden tree chest in Ravenshore. Guess it's fair that there's an artifact chest there, since MM7 never had those, and it's not like it's easy to make your way there when you're low level anyway. Just making sure
It had 1 artifact in Merge according to MMEditor. I decided to not touch it and change arcomage chest only. Though if it was incorrect behavior of MMEditor somehow (I don't know about it) chest 7 might be changed as well during map export.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 02 Jun 2021, 16:24

Xfing wrote:Well I only found the crown there and the rest was junk such as tier 1 reagents and such. Kinda like in the hidden tree chest in Ravenshore. Guess it's fair that there's an artifact chest there, since MM7 never had those, and it's not like it's easy to make your way there when you're low level anyway. Just making sure
Actually, it's very easy to make it there as early as level 1. Erathia has a Day of the Gods pedestal, a Heroism pedestal, a +50 Might well as well as a +10 accuracy well, making for easy bandit and griffin slaughtering. You can grab the chest as soon as you get to Erathia and collect those bonuses. The accuracy isn't necessary. Weaken the griffins with a bow, and by the time they reach, a few powered-up melee hits will do the trick. Sometimes you need to move around in turn-based combat to avoid being reached too quickly.
Last edited by Phobos on 02 Jun 2021, 16:27, edited 2 times in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 Jun 2021, 18:40

Anyway, I've noticed that apart from the fact that some artifacts like Taledon's Helm don't confer their bonuses (which is being worked on), some artifacts also fail to be restricted to the classes they say. While for example the Blade of Mercy rightfully only works for Necromancers, the Supreme Plate should be restricted to Knights, and it isn't (it's possible to have a Mino wear it). Likewise, items that say Good or Evil should be restricted to good or evil promotions. Most neutral classes like Mino Lord or War Troll should be able to wear them too, but only evil classes should be able to use evil items.

Also, I've noticed that the vampire spell Levitate doesn't prevent you from triggering floor traps in Clanker's Lab. I also think it didn't work in Zanthora's Lab in Shadowspire and several more locations. Not sure what that's about, but it doesn't seem to be game-specific.

Another issue: Unique monster health and stats don't seem to match. All the named dragons: Ilsingore, Yaardrake and Old Loeb and also the Dragon Hunter Pets are using the regular Great Wyrm stats (only 1300 hp etc). Same with the supposedly unique Evil Eye that's in Clanker's Lab - I believe it should have like 800 hp, while it only has 400 like a regular one. Possibly more issues like that, this needs double checking.
Last edited by Xfing on 02 Jun 2021, 22:02, edited 3 times in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 Jun 2021, 20:58

Ok, I've made several small tweaks:
1) Fixed the alignment of the Regal Crown (MM6) - it was wonky on male humanoids:
The change is in the same "Complex item pictures.txt" table file that also has the belt repaints in it.

2) Changed the availability of potion recipe scrolls from 0 0 0 0 1 0 to 0 0 1 1 1 2. They were much too restricted in availability. They still need to be rare and remain so, but the party will now find them in all levels of chests starting with three, meaning they'll start appearing in a much larger percentage of chests and dungeons (not very fun otherwise!)

3) Changed the price of Erathian-found ore from 0 to the same values as the Jadamean ores have, so they are now sellable like the Jadamean ones. They are still two sets of items in the game files, but are now for all intents and purposes identical. Since all ore in MM7 and 8 is pre-placed, I thought for a moment of adding them to treasure classes so they could appear randomly (with appropriately low frequency of course, especially the higher ones), but I haven't done anything like that yet. Still, I think it might be an idea worth considering, since it would allow ore to be brought to MM6 and be a somewhat bigger part of the game. @Rodril, that's up to you to decide.

4) I've noticed that the Lich Jars from MM7 found in the Walls of Mist were sellable and received values of 1800. I made the same change to the MM8 Lich Jars, also changing their Material value to match the MM7 ones (5). They are also sellable now.

Changes 2, 3 and 4 were done in ITEMS.txt and rnditems.txt - the files have been updated on the shared drive with the same link as before.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 03 Jun 2021, 06:11

hi,

mm7 subject again:
mercenary guild: found an item there (red crossed circle one with "_potion/reagent" in the wine rack)
deyja: harpy queens seem to give the drunk status instead of cursed (ive never seen it in vanilla mm7, so i think its a bug)

5th character (grafics issue): keeps symbols from pain reflection etc, when other chars have already lost them (mm6 and mm7 sure, mm8 havent confirmed yet)

justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 03 Jun 2021, 11:29

Hello. Links in first post have been updated, here is new patch:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gnIaA7 ... sp=sharing

Notes:
1. Implemented bonuses of recently added artifacts.
2. Pathfinder: optimized a bit and made compatible with game running in win95/win98 compatibility mode - no freezes anymore.
3. Fixed position of status icon in turn-based mode, when mm7 interface is active.
4. Crash caused by exceeding allowed amount of items in party inventories have not been fixed yet, but got temporary workaround: game will not crash, instead it won't show item pictures, untill player reenters inventory.
5. Cloack pictures for trolls and minotaurs are supported now (previously game used male cloak pictures for other races).
6. Implemented adjustments of items and apparel pictures corrections made by Xfing.
7. Added fixes by shpadoinkle: unarmed + staff bonus damage calcuation and out of party behaivor of baby dragon from warlock promotion quest (skill bonuses and SP regen).

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 03 Jun 2021, 12:29

justl wrote:hi,

mm7 subject again:
mercenary guild: found an item there (red crossed circle one with "_potion/reagent" in the wine rack)
deyja: harpy queens seem to give the drunk status instead of cursed (ive never seen it in vanilla mm7, so i think its a bug)

5th character (grafics issue): keeps symbols from pain reflection etc, when other chars have already lost them (mm6 and mm7 sure, mm8 havent confirmed yet)

justl
Can confirm the null icon object found in the Mercenary Guild. MM7 Harpies make you drunk, I actually remember that (MM6 ones cast Mass Curse which is no longer a spell in mm7). As for lingering icons: you may be right, but consider thay "of Shielding" items now give the characters a 3 minute Shield that renews constantly, same goes for the Ghost Ring and Preservation.

LordInsane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LordInsane » 03 Jun 2021, 12:59

cthscr wrote:
LordInsane wrote:Corresponding issue is #428. Not the ideal name probably but it was referenced in class system implementation.
546 is like post-implementation sandbox for different fantasies. They are good but irrelevant until class (not its placeholder!) is implemented properly.
Note on 'Class Starting Skills.txt': don't trust its column names in Base Merge, they are misleading. Set 0 ('Archer' column) is used for classes 0 and 1 (Archer and Warrior Mage), set 1 ('WarriorMage' column) - for classes 2 and 3 (Master Archer and Sniper), etc.
Why 'Class Starting Skills.txt' is ever important for non-starting classes? Because it is used in mercenary generation procedure.

Back to used classes though. There are 51 used classes in Comm Merge, out of them 10 are good and 10 are evil. Base Merge on the other hand has... 51 used classes (0 good or evil) and the bug that randomly uses 52nd non-used "n/u" class. Difference in used classes: Lich and Master Necromancer merged into one class, added Cleric of the Light class that corresponds to MM8 Cleric (able to learn Light Magic). Surprisingly here Comm Merge became closer to vanilla than Base Merge. ;)
Yes, I'd read that one too. "MM8 engine specific" is rather too vague as a reason to work as an explanation. I admit I'd gotten the impression from things like the "April Fools" commit you'd gotten farther with implementing this new class system. Still, I'm rather apprehensive of the kind of feature bloat this points to, especially given I'm personally of the opinion dragons are better off sui generis.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Unread postby Xfing » 03 Jun 2021, 14:59

BTW, since we've got fully functional black and gold dragon PCs now, wouldn't it be cool to replace Brimstone and Duroth the Eternal with those, respectively?

Anyway, I went and made some tweaks just now. These are UNOFFICIAL/OPTIONAL - not really fixes, but adjustments to game mechanics which you might want or not want to use for your own game. The changes were to class skill limitations, much in line with my previous mod for MM7 which you can read about here: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/14845 though less radical. In fact it would seem that part of the skill changes in the merge were inspired by this. But yeah, I really like some changes that have been made in the meantime, such as that Druids can now GM all schools of magic (kinda justifies the difficulty of the dragon egg quest for instance), or that Minos can now GM body building (they're huge, buff bull monsters, they shouldn't have less HP than human knights - not to mention this helps to offset their inability to use helmets and boots for improved armor class). But some skill levels still seem to need some work, so I've adjusted the ClassSkills table and prepared two optional variations of a tweak, so use whichever appeals to you, or just stick with what we've got already:

CONSERVATIVE VARIANT:

- Knight's Leather skill gets reduced from Master to Expert - this is what happened between MM7 and MM8. Makes sense, since Knights don't really specialize in Leather and Expert already allows free wearing without encumbrance. Knights don't really need to get double defense points per skill level, while that's very useful for some classes who can't GM (or even use) plate.

- Clerics' Staff skill increased from Basic to Expert - once again, this change was made by the MM8 devs themselves as compared to MM7. Clerics are seen using staves in MM8 at least, so it stands to reason they should at least be able to improve their defense while wielding them (especially since that prevents them from using a shield).

- Mino Axe was restored from Master to Grand - not really much to say about this one. Axes are super iconic Mino weapons in all of Windows era Might and Magic games. I don't think it's fair to reduce their skill limit to master just so Rangers can have their own thing. There are several skills that more than one class can GM, so I don't think it detracts from Rangers if Minos can have this skill up to GM as well. It just feels right.

- Made the skills for Sorcerer promotions uniform. Right now the older sorc promotions have the skill scheme from MM7, while Necromancers and Liches have the skill scheme from MM8. Since they're really all connected, I decided to make the skills for them uniform. So the older classes will no longer have Repair Item (in MM7 they could have up to Expert), like MM8 necros and liches, since it's considered a martial skill and warrior classes specialize in it - the Sorc being the furthest class from the warriors. Also, all Sorc classes will get Disarm Trap up to Basic, as per the MM8 necromancers/liches. All promotions now get GM ID Item, while previously Master Wizards and Master Necros only got up to Master. So the only difference now is going to be that Liches will have up to Expert in Regeneration, while all other miscellaneous skills remain the same for all the promoted classes.

- Clerics lose Id Monster just like they did in MM8 - they don't really feel like a class that should be preoccupied with identifying monsters, and definitely shouldn't be better at it than knights who only get basic.

- Cleric Learning gets reduced from Master to Expert - another MM8 change that somewhat nerfs Clerics. They were never an intellect-driven class and that's required to master Learning. Not to mention Learning is mostly helpful for classes with low health to compensate for the time they spend unconscious or dead, and Clerics are usually the ones who cast most of the healing spells, so they tend to stay alive. Expert is a good spot for them IMO.

The file for the conservative variant can be found here, just put it in your Tables folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

LIBERAL VARIANT:

This one contains all the changes from the conservative variant, but also some other changes which are admittedly more arbitrary because they mostly deal with porting MM7 skills to MM8 classes and personal opinions. But I still think they fit.

- No idea what was the mentality behind not giving Vampires Meditation, especially since they're a hybrid class that can go up to Master in the self schools. Dark Elves get up to Expert in Meditation, and they outperform Vampires in the mana department quite noticeably, especially on later levels. It's not like Vamps tend to run out of mana, but they probably could if you opted for a magic-heavy build that spams say, Psychic Shock, so I think it's fair to give them access to at least basic Meditation. Paladins have Expert, even, though the classes are considerably different from each other and Paladins probably rely more on casting spells, but I still think that for the sake of symmetry it would be sensible to give vamps expert in Meditation. Literally all other classes that can master the magic schools have at least that. Not to mention that neither them nor Dark Elves have access to Body Building, which is a drawback in and of itself, but at least it's justifiable because of the sheer versatility of these classes. So yeah, Vamps now have up to Expert in Meditation.

- Vamps now have Expert Unarmed, up from just Basic. Justified by the fact that both in MM7 and MM8 Vampire enemies go at you with their bare hands, meaning they are considered in-universe to be able to do significant damage with their bare hands. Expert Unarmed lets you improve your melee damage per skill level, but without it getting out of hand like with Master level, so I think it would be a pretty nice addition for everyone who'd like to role-play their Vampires as melee fighters (preying on those peasants 'n all that haha) without making it preferable to the dagger.

- Dark Elves get basic Unarmed - the pattern seems to be that martial classes that don't specialize in Unarmed get up to Expert - while hybrid classes get up to Basic (archers, paladins etc). So I think it's fair to extend the same courtesy to Dark Elves.

- Archers get Master Meditation rather than just Expert - this is an old idea from the time of my MM7 mod suggestion. I've noticed that Paladins get up to master in Body Building - pretty nifty for a hybrid class. So I think that for the sake of symmetry, Archers should get up to Master in Meditation. One is buffer, and the other more studious. Kinda makes sense. This will also give Archers another bit of an edge over the otherwise superior Dark Elves.

- Dark Elves get basic Stealing - no MM8 classes have stealing. I think the most logical class to give it to would be Dark Elves, since they're both nimble and dextrous and have serious people skills, so it fits like a glove. The MM7 classes that get Stealing which are other than Thieves seem to be recluses or survivalists (Monks and Rangers, respectively), while Dark Elves seem to be well-integrated into society and have no real need to steal to get by (thanks to their mad trader skills), that's why it's limited only to Basic. Also, that lets you not worry about finding skill teachers if playing Jadame exclusively.

- Thieves get GM in Merchant - I believe someone should have access to that skill other than Dark Elves who are exclusive to MM8. Since it was stripped from Clerics (the "greedy clergyman" joke has been taken far enough it seems), the next most logical class to have it is the Thief, who already had Master in MM7 anyway. I think parties who start out in Erathia should also have a chance to enjoy GM Merchant, and Thief is the best way for them to do so.

- The Id Monster skill that was taken from Clerics gets given to Thieves - up to Expert level - Assassins and Spies both need to gather intel on their enemies, though of course for different reasons. That means they should have at least some skill in identifying monsters - at least it makes much more sense than when clerics had it.

Ok, that's it. The changes are noticeable, but not so serious as to significantly break the game. I believe they're going to make the game more fun without being OP or not making sense. The liberal variant can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Ofc as always, I'm asking Rodril to consider integrating the changes, but for now let it remain optional/unofficial. I think for me personally it'd be fun from both gameplay and roleplaying perspectives to have these changes in.
Last edited by Xfing on 21 Jun 2021, 17:52, edited 5 times in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 03 Jun 2021, 15:59

Xfing wrote:
justl wrote:hi,

mm7 subject again:

justl
Can confirm the null icon object found in the Mercenary Guild. MM7 Harpies make you drunk, I actually remember that (MM6 ones cast Mass Curse which is no longer a spell in mm7). As for lingering icons: you may be right, but consider thay "of Shielding" items now give the characters a 3 minute Shield that renews constantly, same goes for the Ghost Ring and Preservation.
1: oh, ive never seen (or remembered) that behaviour of the harpys there, maybe i got lucky

2: with the lingering icons i literally mean spells, which are no longer active (like pain reflection ran out) - the other icons are displayed correctly on the other chars i have distributed the items - only the 5th chars appears to have them lingering
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 03 Jun 2021, 21:55

Bug report: I tested out some stalt-laced ore (from Antagarich), and turns out it gives artifacts and relics now - exactly those that I'm missing, as per the chest algorithm. This happens at all the 9 traders (Alvar, Shadowspire, Erathia) and the artifacts/relics given often don't even match the trader's profession - for example you can get weapons from the Item trader, armors from the weapon trader, belts or cloaks from the armor trader etc. I think this absolutely shouldn't be happening, so some sort of code exception for ore traders might be necessary.

Also: one of the recipes for Cure Paralysis doesn't trigger adding to autonotes (Orange + Yellow/Green Layered). The game just treats it as if it was already discovered, but the recipe isn't in the notes.

Jadamean Lich Jars don't disappear from the inventory if it's a Master Necromancer being promoted to Lich. They disappear normally with regular Necromancers. In fact, since the master necromancer jars that remain are still regular ones rather than personalized, what do you think about restoring the jar functionality from MM7? If you get you Lich promotion from Antagarich, you still get the full jar (though not sure if you need to keep it in your inventory lest you get a health nerf like in MM7, since I haven't played the merge that way yet), so it would be cool to be able to do the same with Jadamean jars. Only this time you don't even need an extra sprite, since they aren't see-through. Removing the jar mechanic seemed like one of those immersion-breaking simplifications thay MM8 did compared to 7, but there's no good reason it shouldn't be there. So yeah, guess 2 inventory grid slots are a fair price to pay for self magic immunities and regeneration.

In the meantime I've updated ITEMS.txt once again - fixed one typo of mine, fixed how I accidentally set the value for Antagarich Phylt-laced Ore to 200 (while in MM8 it was 100) and replaced the type text for all of MM6 and MM7 artifacts and relics the same way it had been done for MM8 ones, so for instance Puck will now display as "Artifact Longsword" rather than just "Artifact" etc. That might help with a workaround for the ore trader problem. Also adjusted armor values for cloaks, which hadn't been done before as they weren't implemented in the game.

I've also consolidated all the stuff I've been working on into a single folder, so it's harder to miss. The previous links should still work, but everything is now in one folder, the link to which is here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

And in the meantime I'll take a look at the troll/mino cloaks.
Last edited by Xfing on 04 Jun 2021, 15:42, edited 6 times in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 04 Jun 2021, 14:26

Ok, I've updated "Complex item pictures.txt again" Fortunately not much work this time, the extra cloak variations look real sweet!
- Turns out the Regal Crown (MM6) needed lowering a bit on the lady model too just like on the male one before, did that
- Shifted the MM7 Leather Cloak a bit to the left on Mino and Troll paperdolls, it was a bit too much to the right on both of those
- Made the MM6 unique cloaks Pendragon and Atlas worn 1 and 2 pixels higher respectively on all paperdoll types than the Doom's Day Cloak they're otherwise identical to in appearance (like what MM8 does to its artifacts and relics that use regular weaponry sprites).

As a side note: what determines the shot of the monster when right clicking it? Here's a comparison of the MM7 and MM8 wyverns, apart from the palette swap you will notice that hte MM8 shot better encapsulates the entire body of the wyvern and the MM7 shot cuts off the lower part:

Last edited by Xfing on 04 Jun 2021, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 04 Jun 2021, 17:00

Rodril wrote:Hello. Links in first post have been updated, here is new patch:
game still crashing hard in the hive with this error:

================================================================================

Time: 04.06.2021 18:57:56 (04.06.2021 16:57:56 UTC)
Windows Version 6.1 Service Pack 1

Exception EAccessViolation in module MM8patch.dll at 21FEF296.
Access violation at address 21FF0296. Read of address 7DC54068.

Function Calls:

21FF0296 | (21FF0000) + 296
756C343B | C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll + 1343B
77CC9810 | C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll + 39810
77CC97E0 | C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll + 397E0

Registers:

EAX = 00000001
EBX = 061B8FF8
ECX = 7DC54010
EDX = FFFFFC18
ESI = 00000274
EDI = 053FE628
EBP = 050CFF54
ESP = 050CFF4C

Stack Trace:

050CFF4C: 00000000
050CFF50: 1516A000
050CFF54: 050CFF88 | Last EBP
050CFF58: 21FF0501
050CFF5C: 00000068
050CFF60: 0000023E
050CFF64: 00001974
050CFF68: 00000006
050CFF6C: FFFFFB86
050CFF70: 000024E9
050CFF74: FFFFFD02
050CFF78: 074788D4
050CFF7C: 00000000
050CFF80: 1516A000
050CFF84: 00000000
050CFF88: 050CFF94 | Last EBP
050CFF8C: 756C343D | C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll + 1343D

================================================================================

kybso
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kybso » 05 Jun 2021, 04:37

Hello,

It's possible promote Paladin and Archer if MM8 is where i'm started?

Can I change to upgraded class manualy with editor?
I see Paladin is #68 and Archer #0.
What # have to be both characters after promotions?

paly upgraded:
#72 9 2 0 Hero
#73 0 0 0 Hero 3
#74 9 2 8 Villain
#75 0 0 8 Villain 3

archer upgraded:
#4 1 2 0 Master Archer
#5 0 0 0 Master Archer 3
#6 1 2 8 Sniper
#7 0 0 8 Sniper 3

Anyone please?
Last edited by kybso on 05 Jun 2021, 04:40, edited 2 times in total.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 05 Jun 2021, 13:46

Each continent still has their respective promotion quests:
While in Jadame, you can promote Knights/Clerics/Necromancers/Minotaurs/Vampires/Dark Elves/Trolls/Dragons.
While in Enroth, you can promote Knights/Archers/Sorcerers/Paladins/Clerics/Druids.
While in Erathia, you can promote Enrothian Classes/Rangers/Thieves/Monks.

Since you started in Jadame, I would suggest picking up a Necromancer or A Certain Petrified Dark Elf and following the instructions in the link in my signature.
Last edited by raekuul on 05 Jun 2021, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

rampage77t
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby rampage77t » 06 Jun 2021, 04:24

Rodril wrote:Hello. Links in first post have been updated, here is new patch:

Notes:
1. Implemented bonuses of recently added artifacts.
2. Pathfinder: optimized a bit and made compatible with game running in win95/win98 compatibility mode - no freezes anymore.
3. Fixed position of status icon in turn-based mode, when mm7 interface is active.
4. Crash caused by exceeding allowed amount of items in party inventories have not been fixed yet, but got temporary workaround: game will not crash, instead it won't show item pictures, untill player reenters inventory.
5. Cloack pictures for trolls and minotaurs are supported now (previously game used male cloak pictures for other races).
6. Implemented adjustments of items and apparel pictures corrections made by Xfing.
7. Added fixes by shpadoinkle: unarmed + staff bonus damage calcuation and out of party behaivor of baby dragon from warlock promotion quest (skill bonuses and SP regen).
After a while I played again now that this new patch came out, but now all the themes of the maps and dungeons that I configured are not there, I did the same procedure of using mmarchive and txtedit but the themes do not change, some solution?. I thank you in advance

Return to “Might and Magic”