I want you [map testers needed]

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
>>|BooN\|<<
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

I want you [map testers needed]

Unread postby >>|BooN\|<< » 08 Apr 2021, 07:33

Hello there,

like the title says I am searching some help and maybe advice to test some maps.
I don`t know if I figured the right place out for my post; if not please be so kind to move it :).

To introduce me in a short way I played Heroes since III and started map making in the golden ages of Heroes V.
I released four maps long ago for Heroes V and 1 for Heroes III on a german Heroes fanpage (I guess it was and "is still" the biggest one in German language area.

And to keep it short after finding back to Heroes V, maybe thanks to corona in this way, i really would like to share/ update the maps for maybe still interested/hungry players.

For sure I need to translate the maps (intro, messages and stuff like that) in English.

Here some short informations about them. All of them are non campaing/ szenario maps; so like to be hot seat/ mulitplayer maps.

HV TOE:
- my first one is a short and tiny 1v1 map
- second one was a "remake" addition to official Heroes V or maybe Heroes V HOF Map "War of the Worlds" or in German "Krieg der Welten"
( I upgraded it with an underworld and 2 more players)
- my last and I guess most personal one was a 2V2V1 large map with much water based on the idea of the offical Heroes III map Thousand Islands.
It is a team map, designed for hot seat/ multiplayer with the option for on one NPC.

HIII Shades of Death
- just a short and tiny 1v1 map to see if I could get use too of the editor in Heroes III.

So thats first all. If you have any questions feel free to ask and just give me a sign with a short `here`if you would be interested to help/ test one of the maps.

Thank you, if you made it reading untill here ;).
Last edited by >>|BooN\|<< on 08 Apr 2021, 09:39, edited 6 times in total.

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Re: I want you [map testers needed]

Unread postby Quantomas » 12 Apr 2021, 18:26

Can't promise you much. But I am building a pool of maps for testing the advanced AI. If you have interesting maps with core gameplay only, i.e. no game altering scripts, we could give it a try. If a map is a good fit, we can get people to test it. We use discord.
Do you love strategy games? Join us on Discord: discord.gg/JKU6tey
Project website: quantomas.de

>>|BooN\|<<
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby >>|BooN\|<< » 12 Apr 2021, 22:11

Hey thanks for your response.

We can give it a try; the Heroes V maps are I think good in a way, especially the 1v1 and the upgraded offical one.
My favorite hot seat map coul be a bit tricky/ hard for AI cause of a lot of water/ islands; maybe just a good maybe for hot seat rounds, but not competetive.
No scripts are biuld inthem afaik, but a lot of 'modelling' with models and textures/ effects. But all stable so far.

Just one questions, what do you mean with 'core gameplay*?

I coould share the maps with you here and you could give it a try; my goal wuld be to distrubute them in the map archive of CH.
Last edited by >>|BooN\|<< on 12 Apr 2021, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
Nicht menschlich, sondern aus Uran geschaffen.

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Quantomas » 13 Apr 2021, 07:57

>>|BooN\|<< wrote:Just one questions, what do you mean with core gameplay?
Everything the game has without scripts.

The new AI is much smarter with water maps and islands. Try it out, if you haven't already.

Sharing the maps here on CH is impractical as I would have to manually transport these back and forth to make it available for other people to test on Discord. It is also much more easy and straightforward to talk, test & modify the maps quickly on Discord.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Apr 2021, 12:06

I would state the opposite, it's very practical as seen by everyone, in opposite to closed (and not indexed) Discord rooms.

Though, I have certain advantage here.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Quantomas » 13 Apr 2021, 12:09

Look at the average response time. It's days here. On discord you can have an answer in a minute and actually have a real text chat without any delay.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Apr 2021, 12:14

This is because Discord is chat. CH might not be the best example but look at https://www.maps4heroes.com/. Everyone comes here, if they want a map.

But for a small testing it depends, chat is having some advantage.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”