Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Pol
Admin
Admin

Torchlight III

Unread postby Pol » 29 Jan 2020, 22:39

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1030 ... light_III/

Ahh, it will be a continuation. In the spirit of Torchlight II. Finally a good news.

Previously known as Torchlight Frontier, which would have been a different game.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Re: Torchlight III

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Jan 2020, 19:13

I won a key for the first one on the Xbox, got halfway through but never got the chance to finish it.
Too much hack'n slash for my own taste, but still a great game.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Jan 2020, 20:33

I have fond memories of Torchlight. The original was long, with nice dungeon sceneries and almost infinitive levels, with still harder and harder creatures. Quite cool and I never went bored here. Bosses were a very nice suprise. Just last one, was really a last one. After completing it, you could play it again and again and make your own enhanced artifacts, filling their sockets. And many mods too :D

I simply love Diablo like games..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Oct 2020, 12:53

Torchlight III. (by Echtra, which still holds some members from Runic and original Diablo team) is being to be released at October 13. The one of positive reviews say: "Not great as the first two, but still good."

Anyone have any experience, suggestions? Ads already look more shallow than for previous two. Different mood and tone. Less areas to explore, simplified artifacts, skill trees . Looks like in need for an expansion already. (Based on YT videos and reviews)

https://youtu.be/Q6boK2vwzEA
Last edited by Pol on 05 Oct 2020, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Oct 2020, 12:57

I have never tried Torchlight. I have that ... uh ... Grimdawn? Or whatever the name is. Another Diablo-like game. I sort of liked it for a little while, but played only once. Something didn't make me continue after that. I think the game felt bleak.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

LordGraa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LordGraa » 05 Oct 2020, 13:34

I was playing in EA and the game was screaming: "F2P mobile cashshop game". When T3 was still Torchlight Frontiers they prepared the game for mobile devices with the cashhop in mind. Once it turned back into classic T3 the "mobile feel" was somehow hidden under nice PR speech but it was still there.

Very-very-very basic skills/trees, story that was so original and catchy that I just skipped it after few quests. And the whole coridor-like maps felt very repetetive and artificial (thats the problem with most procedurally-generated maps).

What on the other hand was fun was the quite original class of Railmaster with its own train shooting your enemies! :tsup:

I finished the whole EA (containing 2 acts) and all I can say is to quote Heroes 2 vampires: "Bleh!" This is nowhere close to T1 or T2.

For me T3 it a body with well known face but without a soul. Which is sad because I loved T1/T2/Diablo/Grim Dawn/Titan Quest.

PS: Ill give it a try when it launches and see what and how much was changed/added.
Last edited by LordGraa on 05 Oct 2020, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.worldofheroes.cz - Czech Heroes Fansite
https://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/tsoaEN.html - H7 community DLC The Shadows over Ashan

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 Oct 2020, 14:08

Thanks LordGraa!

Maybe that it's time to discuss Hades, which seems to be developed pretty thoroughly. :D
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Oct 2020, 15:10

It is in my wishlist. All other Epic Games are in my Library too. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO :-D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

LordGraa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LordGraa » 07 Oct 2020, 10:08

Hades is on my radar but still waiting for some nice deal :)

Back on topic: Torchlight got some love with recent updates and finaly "Offline Singleplayer is available in this update."

Looks like Ill be heading back next tuesday once the game is out of EA so I can compare my experience.
Last edited by LordGraa on 07 Oct 2020, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.worldofheroes.cz - Czech Heroes Fansite
https://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/tsoaEN.html - H7 community DLC The Shadows over Ashan

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Oct 2020, 21:26

https://youtu.be/lzERrmI2u3M

This finally looks a bit Torchlight like. Dark dungeon - but effects are off, speed seems to be ok. There's no music, so not sure about the music background, how it's blend with the rest.

Hotseat? Intelligent monsters? Tricky scenarios, gimmicks and surprises? Deep atmosphere? (Most likely not. At least the first, multiplayer yes but hotseat most likely no.)
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 May 2021, 15:08

As Echtra games studio was bought by Zynga this patch is the last one. Will the game get assigned new studio for future updates?

source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021 ... rchlight-3

As I see it, no fishing, no Torchlight bought by me. Furthermore I usually like to play it with most effects off.

According Max Schaefer, the game was optimized so it should be less demanding now.
Last edited by Pol on 27 May 2021, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

KayBur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby KayBur » 03 Jun 2021, 09:38

I'm not familiar with this series of games, but I don't see any negative in the thread. I think these games are worth watching and worth playing.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”