H4 The Reckoning campaigns

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: HOMM3 / 4 The Reckoning campaigns?

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 15 Dec 2015, 17:08

Ugh, so I guess it's not completely fixed. Has anyone else had the wandering neutral causing a crash problem? It seems to not happen with ncwprometheus on. When it does happen and I load / ncwprometheus, one of the neutrals (I'm assuming the one causing the crash) actually "slides" instead of moves to his new position while another neutral is actually moving. Strangest thing.

Anyway, I've ended up splitting up my wandering neutrals (who are there to simulate citizens going about their business) so that there is only a single stack moving around in his little space. Hopefully that will clear up this nonsense :D

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 23 Dec 2015, 17:01

I'd like to put out another call to anyone who would be interested in helping me test this campaign. I've already received much valuable feedback from Karmakeld, and now Vlad is helping me as well, but I would like to get some more eyes / perspectives on this campaign. It's very story driven and RPG-like. The first 3 maps are playable and can be completed. The 4th map has been added to the campaign, but only the very beginning is ready / playable.

If anyone is interested in helping me test, please pm me :D

Vlad The Devil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vlad The Devil » 26 Dec 2015, 10:09

Still here man btw :D just I didn't have that much time to go through your campaign (no have I been able to help Karmakeld yet) and play anything for that matter - family business and holiday travel stuff. Will try to get sth going these days though. Merrry Christmas btw

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 26 Dec 2015, 19:39

Merry Christmas man :D

Just working on some additional story for the third map since part of it was a little empty and there was a nice opportunity to add some :D

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 12 Jan 2016, 18:27

Update.

I finished the additional story for the third map and completed my first round of story editing, so the third map is pretty much finished. There are still a couple of minor things I want to get done (remove some superfluous stat structures), but other than that, things are looking good for map 3.

I've done more work on the custom abilities, sort of revamped them. Most of them now have mastery levels (basic, advanced, etc.) like the regular game skills. They work as follows:

+ a static amount of a stat (such as attack) and + a small percentage (where the percentage is of the game skill amount + the hero's experience level)

The static amount and percentage increase as the skill mastery increases. The skill mastery increases once the player has put a certain number of points into the skill.

I still have one or two more custom abilities to get hashed out, but they won't even be available to learn until the fourth or fifth map, so I still have time to get them done :D

I'm starting to run out of things to work on for maps 1 - 3, so it's about time to stop procrastinating and get to work on the story details for map 4 :D Almost halfway there!

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 05 Feb 2016, 01:50

So, instead of just diving into the next map and working hard on getting the writing done, I've picked up another project, which is taking up a substantial amount of my time :D

I am still working on my campaign (and just did some writing for it), but progress probably won't be as fast as it was before. The intro to the map is complete, and I'm working on the first area, which is a bit intricate as far as the options given to the player. I have the overall story for the map hashed out (I may have said that already), so it's just details, details, details!

The hardest part about this map is going to be getting all those details written.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: H4 The Reckoning campaigns

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 13 Sep 2020, 19:08

Hard to believe this has been shelved for 4 years! As I said in the Unity Project thread, I'm back to working on my projects, and this one is no exception.

I'm actually working on putting this story into book form. I feel that will give it the highest chance to get finished since I won't have to also work on creating maps.

If I do get it done, I do want to go back and finish these maps, since I really like the custom skills and abilities included in them.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Sep 2020, 22:22

Time flies! :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 13 Sep 2020, 22:34

Sure does! I'm motivated though, lol. Really want to see these projects through!

I've mapped out Tarnum's thread all the way to the end, but for a novel, I want a lot more characters than just Tarnum, so I've also been mapping out start and end points for various other characters to have additional story threads. Creating my own Song of Ice and Fire in the HoMM universe :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Sep 2020, 22:42

That's interesting. When writting inspiration comes, best to go along with it! I am still to return to my book. Mulling over some situations and concepts of futurism that I don't want to fantasize too much, aside the already amount of fiction present. :)

I personally don't remember almost anything from H4 campaigns and nothing regarding H7, although H4 was the game I most played. I was focused on mechanics, not really on lore. But I do remember that map making H4 seemed quite the funniest of all, or at least user-friendly. :-D But H4 is the only one that I still have a faint wish to play again to kill some time, and modding did help the game. Got spoiled by Equilibris, me. :lol:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 13 Sep 2020, 23:06

Definitely gotta go with the inspiration when it hits, lol.

I've also got some ideas for a couple books I would like to write, but I need to prove to myself that I can finish a project, lol.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”