Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 19.04.2020]

Unread postby cthscr » 02 Jul 2020, 14:43

NotABroom wrote:Is it possible to change which music plays in a given dungeon? Could I have a unique music for every dungeon in the game if I wanted to?
There is a suspicious field "Track" in MapStats.txt from EnglishT.lod (you can put modified MapStats.txt into DataFiles directory). IIRC there was somewhere a bug related to what music is played, maybe fixed by GrayFace.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 02 Jul 2020, 20:30

Roxterat wrote:
NotABroom wrote:Is it possible to change which music plays in a given dungeon? Could I have a unique music for every dungeon in the game if I wanted to?
I'd like to know..
Depends on which game you're in. MM6 has a rotating soundtrack (one location can pull more than one song), MM7 and 8 have a static soundtrack (exactly one song per location). You can achieve a custom soundtrack by playing around with one of the subfolders, I believe it's called "music"

Shadow_Wulfe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shadow_Wulfe » 03 Jul 2020, 22:18

So is there anyone that has had this issue? I finished MM 6 and 7 with a MM6 party. In MM8 I get this HUD disappearing issue after entering any building in town at Ravenshore followed by a CTD a few seconds later.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 04 Jul 2020, 08:08

Shadow_Wulfe wrote:So is there anyone that has had this issue? I finished MM 6 and 7 with a MM6 party. In MM8 I get this HUD disappearing issue after entering any building in town at Ravenshore followed by a CTD a few seconds later.
What's your version? There was such a bug introduced in community branch which was fixed 2020-06-09.

Shadow_Wulfe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shadow_Wulfe » 04 Jul 2020, 17:29

My community patch appears to be 26.05.2020, so before that. Would updating the community branch to the latest possibly fix the problem?

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 04 Jul 2020, 18:32

Shadow_Wulfe wrote:My community patch appears to be 26.05.2020, so before that. Would updating the community branch to the latest possibly fix the problem?
Yes.

Azon_PL
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Azon_PL » 06 Jul 2020, 14:56

In each Might and Magic game there is a lot of artifacts and unique items that look just as regular equipment.
I thoght I could add a little uniques to some of them just by recoloring and small edits. Examples:

Elven Chainmail
Image -> Image

Medusa's Mirror
Image -> Image

Grognard's Cutlass
Image -> Image

Is there any desire from the community for adding something like that to the mm678 merge ar should they stay vanilla.
Last edited by Azon_PL on 06 Jul 2020, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 07 Jul 2020, 07:47

I like those changes, the items look good! It always bothered me that the items didn't look unique. New sprites for some MM6 items have been made for this mod as well, so I think these are very welcome.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 07 Jul 2020, 08:22

Azon_PL wrote:In each Might and Magic game there is a lot of artifacts and unique items that look just as regular equipment.
I thoght I could add a little uniques to some of them just by recoloring and small edits. Examples:

Is there any desire from the community for adding something like that to the mm678 merge ar should they stay vanilla.
there is still need of people who can repaint/reposition mm6 artifacts/relics to the mm7/8 paperdolls.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

NotABroom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NotABroom » 07 Jul 2020, 08:56

I love finding things like the only red leather armor in MM7. So, recolouring is very much useful! I like yours quite a lot!

Shadow_Wulfe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shadow_Wulfe » 10 Jul 2020, 16:48

cthscr wrote:
Shadow_Wulfe wrote:My community patch appears to be 26.05.2020, so before that. Would updating the community branch to the latest possibly fix the problem?
Yes.
Awesome!

I overwrote the old community files with the newer version, and like you said, Ravenshore is fixed and I can try and finish it! Much appreciated as I was a bit nervous to take that step.

Roxterat
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roxterat » 11 Jul 2020, 21:00

cthscr wrote:So, how does stealing work in MM7?
(I need formulas, numbers and nuances, ctrl+click is kinda known thing)
May I ask how did you made Stealing happen? I tried to include it but simply giving it to a character, including it in a skill table did not worked.. what should I do?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Unread postby Rodril » 12 Jul 2020, 11:22

Hello, game files links have been updated.
This update contain mainly bugfixes and quality of life improvements:
- MM6 skill teachers will leave map notes, so you'll be able to easier track them back;
- Pathfinder will disable itself, if game runs in win 95-98 compatibility mode, thus it won't cause lags;
- unique names of mm6 monsters have been restored (Lurch, Agar, etc);
- rare bug from original version of the game have been fixed: melee damage from monsters to already dead monster was redirected to party, - not anymore;
- Lloyd beacon and savegames won't work at MM6-7 arenas anymore, also Verdant will never appear there.
- bunch of minor bugs.
Azon_PL wrote:Is there any desire from the community for adding something like that to the mm678 merge ar should they stay vanilla.
I would like to add them, sprites look good.
Shadow_Wulfe wrote:So is there anyone that has had this issue? I finished MM 6 and 7 with a MM6 party. In MM8 I get this HUD disappearing issue after entering any building in town at Ravenshore followed by a CTD a few seconds later.
Should be fixed in today's patch, let me knw if it is not.
Yes, use Grayface's MMArchive ( https://grayface.github.io/mm/#MMArchive ) , to extract MapStats.txt from EnglishT.lod, then use TxtEdit ( https://grayface.github.io/mm/#Txt-Edit ), to open this table. Number in "Redbook track" column, is name of *.mp3 from Music folder. Put MapStats.txt back into EnglishT.lod to apply changes.
Waffel wrote:Reporting a bug: upon entering Silver Cove from The Frozen Highlands the following debug message occurs:
Should be fixed in today's update.
Jezebeth Noir wrote:Still broken.
Should work in today's update, tell me if it is not.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 12 Jul 2020, 12:33

- rare bug from original version of the game have been fixed: melee damage from monsters to already dead monster was redirected to party, - not anymore;
The day of the necromancer's dominion has truly arrived (previously, this bug meant that running Pain Reflection while reanimated creatures were fighting other stuff would cause pain reflection to break their allegiance with the party, in much the same way that attacking peasants breaks their allegiance with the party)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 Jul 2020, 13:34

Hello everyone!

I haven't been on this forum for months now. This single thread is unmanageable for me.

A while back I made my custom forums for that reason, with many subforums and sections.

If you wish for your ideas and bug reports to be made into GitLab Issues, please post on my forum as well.

There are many languages and forum visual styles to choose from, the blackboard one is the default. The eighties style is hilarious. Also I stole this forum's smiley package and made it much bigger. Tehehee!

Account activation is manual for now.

Forum for the Merge:
http://www.templayer.cz/Forum/viewforum.php?f=7

The unfinished website (which will have the forum in a frame):
http://www.mmmerge.templayer.cz/

Yes, the eye of the dracolich is watching you. :D

GitLab Issues:
https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues
Azon_PL wrote:In each Might and Magic game there is a lot of artifacts and unique items that look just as regular equipment.

Elven Chainmail
Image -> Image

Medusa's Mirror
Image -> Image

Grognard's Cutlass
Image -> Image

Those are awesome! I actually wanted to do the very same thing, but your edits are awesome! Please join us on GitLab!
Here's the Issue where you can put them (it also contains all the game's source files for MM6 "copypasted" equipment):
https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/686
Roxterat wrote:
cthscr wrote:So, how does stealing work in MM7?
(I need formulas, numbers and nuances, ctrl+click is kinda known thing)
May I ask how did you made Stealing happen? I tried to include it but simply giving it to a character, including it in a skill table did not worked.. what should I do?
Use the Community Branch version at GitLab. Stealing was reverse-engineered back into the game by cthscr. You would need to be able to code in assembly to do that. :P
Last edited by Templayer on 12 Jul 2020, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 Jul 2020, 13:36

PS: I won't be reading those many posts that I missed. And any replies to me here will possibly be ignored. If you want to reply to me, send me an email to templayer@seznam.cz or use the Merge-specific forum instead of this one.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 12 Jul 2020, 13:41

Waffel wrote:
Jezebeth Noir wrote:Still broken.
Should work in today's update, tell me if it is not.
At first sight- everything is okay.

Well, except for some minor bugs.

ViS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ViS » 12 Jul 2020, 14:09

Hello!
Are Community Fixes/Features compatible with [upd. 12.07.2020]?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 12 Jul 2020, 14:21

ViS wrote:Hello!
Are Community Fixes/Features compatible with [upd. 12.07.2020]?
Not yet. Compatibility will be announced at community branch gitlab page and here later.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 15 Jul 2020, 07:35

Sweet update! Some of these features were long awaited. Are there plans to co-opt the more obvious and basic commits of the community branch into the main project? EDIT: Nvm, I saw the merge request on Git.

Also, found some interesting stuff on this website:
https://tcrf.net/Might_and_Magic_VIII:_ ... used_Items

Most of the stuff is already in the game anyway, but I really like the blaster sprites. They basically look like the MM7 ones, but streamlined even further. Do all possible variations of these sprites exist in the game files so that eventual implementation would be possible? Having both the MM6 and MM7 blaster sprites is kind of jarring, especially seeing as how oversized the MM6 ones are. Just a thought :D
Rodril wrote:Hello, game files links have been updated.
Rodril, I sent you a private message here on the boards, would you mind replying when ou get a free minute? Thanks!

And those redone sprites for unique items - yes please!
Last edited by Xfing on 15 Jul 2020, 08:15, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”