Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Haven - Tempt not a Desperate Man

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Arabmoney
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arabmoney » 16 Jan 2012, 21:17

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/789

Arabmoney
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arabmoney » 16 Jan 2012, 21:17

I have had another minor bug when doing this level. Its an AI bug and it was very annoying. When you capture towns E and D this may happen to you. A sanctuary hero will come out of the whirlpool 7 and look as if he is about to attack E, when you port your secondary (or primary hero) there to defend with a suitably large army hel run and go to D, which he will reach in just 2 turns. Once you port someone to D he will run back to E, and if you cover both D and E he will run to fort B and if that is covered (together with E and D) he will run to C. So basically, because of having sucky movement over water as boats arent availavle on all sides of the lake you just keep getting kited around and there is no way to catch him, and he will just keep going until he captures all of your towns. However, there is a way to stop him from capturing B,C,D,E all it turns out you need to do is leave E non-protected when he comes to the area just outside of the castle in the water (which you ofcourse can't reach because you probably don't have a boat there) if you do this he will just go away and leave you alone for ever (this doesnt work with B,C,D as he will just go ahead and cap them, and if there is a small army there he will kill it. To be fair this will probably never happen to anyone, but it annoyed me so much because there is genuinelly no way to stop him without loading an extremely early save and placing boats on every corner of the river or camping the whirlpool.

Thoram
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Thoram » 30 Jan 2012, 18:19

In order to avoid the mentioned side-quest bug, I skipped towns E & F and it worked fine too.

A => B => C => D => G => H => I => 9 (main quest) => E => F => ...

Maybe going to 9 directly after D via boat with a secondary hero could be a viable alternative. But I didn't try that.

Just as a side note:

I hate how the game punishes players who rush quickly for high scores, especially if you follow this (very good) guide. This means low level dynasty weapons and low dynasty rank because you fight only small armies (little XP) before they get big. So on this map, I rushed all towns / forts / mines while avoiding almost all neutral stacks. Then I waited for ~10 months without doing anything and after that I cleaned up the huge neutral stacks. A nice boost to the dynasty & weapon, but only champion (second highest) score.

habadacus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby habadacus » 17 Mar 2012, 23:46

Just wanted to mention that with patch 1.2 I was able to play the game without any special precautions and all the quests completed normally.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 16 Aug 2013, 22:39

Man, who designs these secondary heroes? It seems inevitable that the skill points are assigned to the most bizarre areas. Valeska is just... terrible!

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 23 Aug 2013, 00:58

@thoram:

If this is your first campaign, this is not a great map to level weps on, no matter what. A really good one is the last map for the sanctuary campaign, where you can indeed rush it profitably; it actually appears to be designed with a rush in mind. You can ignore the entire middle of the map, and most of the areas in the wolf duchy area (red) until you kill the breeder queen. once you have set up a save where you have collected all the powerups and artifacts you want for your heroes, and are ready to finish it, save it, and then simply wait a few months for the creature stacks to grow huge, then save as a map for when you want to level weps. Easy to get 3 million for your weps in 20 mins, and you have so much money, you can hire a new hero any time you want to level another weapon. I waitied about 4 extra months, until I hit a "+15% experience from battle" week, then saved it. I've levelled 6 weapons so far on that map from level 4-5, in a grand total of about 3.5 hours time.

use the soulforge to get any wep you want to level 4 easily. It still works for all the weapons except the dlc and expansion weps.

Revol
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Revol » 07 Oct 2013, 21:16

Signed up to post this just in case, But the "sidekick" hero isn't allways Valeska. if your a Magic Hero(custom or swapped anton that is) You get Lord Kilburn. and Yes. his skill placement sucks too. Also, not sure why but in my first game I went after Town E first, then on my way to Town D 2 sactuary heroes Teleported in, first one with about 150 of each troop (vs my like 40-50 of just 3 core) and then a second hero with about 2-3 weeks of normal single town sactuary growth like the first invaders.
Edited on Mon, Oct 07 2013, 17:17 by Revol

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 17 Nov 2013, 06:50

I am pretty sure your choice of Valeska or Lord Kilburn doesn't depend on whether you're a might hero or a magic hero. It depends on whether you follow the blood path or the tear path, respectively. I played a Paladin and got Lord Kilburn. But this brings up an interesting question: if I had not chosen a path by Mission 3, which sidekick would the game give me? Has anyone tried this out?

bkknight2602
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Haven - Tempt not a Desperate Man

Unread postby bkknight2602 » 30 Jun 2020, 22:06

This is an old thread, but I've captured all towns and forts. I have not been able to trigger getting the otme of sieges or progress further, any suggestions?

Return to “Articles”