Quantomas AI Public Beta Ready

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Quantomas AI Public Beta Ready

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 20 Jun 2020, 22:19

Huge News
A bit silently, in LotA thread, Quantomas announced that his AI is ready for public testing!
To all fans of LotA, if you are interested to see the new advanced AI of Heroes V come to life or take part in the project, you are welcome to join us on Discord.
Prerequisite: you need Heroes V the Tribes of the East standalone expansion, version 3.1. We recommend the GOG version https://www.gog.com/game/heroes_of_migh ... c_5_bundle which is frequently on sale for $5 if you can wait. The Steam version of TotE works as well.
The Heroes V fan-manual version 3.1: http://www.bonddisc.com/ref/Heroes5-Manual-en-3-1.pdf
Make sure to read the included pdf, especially if the download version is a beta. It also has the quick install instructions.
I would like to remind everyone, that this is beta and more is merrier. When you can, please come and help, by plaing. :D

Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Quantomas AI Public Beta Ready

Unread postby Quantomas » 21 Jun 2020, 05:55

Thank you kindly, Pol!

I have to add that the current beta is a bit more rough than what I usually release, more like daily development snap-shots.

We will leave this mode after the last big upgrades are in, mostly a complete overall how the AI assesses the strategic situation. It sounds not like much, but this ties everything, an outstanding lookahead and proper event sequencing, together to make the AI indeed seemingly sentient. So it is a big upgrade that is currently worked on. If all goes well we may have it in a week or so.

Still, you are welcome to check out what is available on our Discord already and what we plan to work on.

Here is an updated Discord invite:
Last edited by Quantomas on 02 Jul 2020, 12:17, edited 2 times in total.
Do you love strategy games? Join us on Discord: discord.gg/JKU6tey
Project website: quantomas.de

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Jul 2020, 16:20

Thanks for the permanent link, you have been added to our links section. :D

First one at P2
https://www.celestialheavens.com/links/ ... g?start=20

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Quantomas » 17 Jul 2020, 08:16

As explained earlier, the current beta releases are merely development snapshots. In principle the components of the new AI are much more powerful, but they need to align properly to transform the gains in actual gameplay improvements.

The next release, v3123, is actually a big milestone which will improve the performance a lot and should exceed 3.1j significantly. After that we will have more incremental upgrades, which align different aspects of the AI, but each should result in substantial performance gains. That is after this series of upgrades H5 will have an AI that is a world apart from the previous releases.

But there are more surprises coming along the way. The current AI settings based on difficulty/lookahead will be replaced by a slider that goes from fast to Quality AI and which in effect will allow you to have the AI as fast as in Heroes III (instantly) versus the AI spending more time to up the challenge. Essentially, if you are one of the guys who says I rather want my turns to come fast, as I am struggling already against the AI on normal difficulty, it should improve your playing experience a lot.
Last edited by Quantomas on 17 Jul 2020, 08:21, edited 4 times in total.
Do you love strategy games? Join us on Discord: discord.gg/JKU6tey
Project website: quantomas.de

Return to “News”