The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

Unread postby DaveHer » 09 May 2020, 22:53

lightbringer23 wrote:I'm probably a quarter of the way in, exploring the Bog of Tuonela. I've run into a pretty serious crash.

First, a quick comment on the Morgana quest from above: I remember having that issue when going through the original Chaos Conspiracy. I think it was because the quest required both killing Morgana AND killing all the witches. I had killed all the witches, but one of the corpses was out of bounds and I didn't collect it. The game didn't recognize that I had killed all the witches until I retrieved the one witch corpse with telekinesis. Then everything proceeded normally. I don't know what effect respawn times may have.

As for my crash:
Looking around in the town causes a CTD. It seems to be correlated with looking up at the sky, but not entirely. I can look up at the sky away from town without issue. I have killed all opponents in town, and I am on the southern edge. A few times I have triggered a crash by looking quickly around nearer the ground. Makes me think there's some other object that is triggering the crash. I haven't gone elsewhere yet, as you might imagine this makes progress fairly difficult -- especially since I get re-cursed every time I reload from a CTD.

I have installed your texture fixes in the patch, in case that's relevant. I am playing in mouse look mode. I haven't experienced crashes anywhere else in the game. In Sutter's Bay and Elessian (sp?) Isles the ground around the town disappears at some compass points, but nothing else is affected. That's the only other graphical glitch I've seen.

Great mod so far, just hope I can find a solution for that Bog CTD!

Edit: I triggered a crash by looking south, well away from the town. It definitely seems to be sky related. The only other thing is that I can consistently trigger a crash by standing south of the town and sweeping my view toward the stables. I tried changing the graphical detail to Low, but crashes persisted. Crashes also still occur outside of mouse look mode.

Edit: Weird. I went inside some of the tunnels inside the town and looked up -- crash. Never saw the sky, just looked up -- this time at the ceiling. Big problems when you can't look up in a zone filled with flyers!
You need to disable mouse look. I never used it. Never mind
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 09 May 2020, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 09 May 2020, 23:31

Anubis wrote:Indeed. I've had the same crash. It occurred in Bog of Tuonela as well as Kriegspire. It seems to occur when the weather is in "super-fog" mode.

The only fix you can do for it at this point is to go to the Inn in either Tuonela or Kriegspire and sleep it off for a day or so until the weather is no longer in "super-fog" mode. Something like that, anyway. Or just camp until the weather changes -- that'll work too.
Thanks for the tip. I had figured that it was the fog and was going to test in Norseland/Kriegspire.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 27 May 2020, 19:41

Nexusmods is trash. Messed up requirement of registration to download. Registration is made as cumbersome as possible - manually entering verification code letter by letter, stupid restrictions on passwords, no Google/FaceBook/etc. login support. You should mirror it to some better place, more people would probably download.
Last edited by GrayFace on 27 May 2020, 19:47, edited 5 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 27 May 2020, 22:38

GrayFace wrote:Nexusmods is trash. Messed up requirement of registration to download. Registration is made as cumbersome as possible - manually entering verification code letter by letter, stupid restrictions on passwords, no Google/FaceBook/etc. login support. You should mirror it to some better place, more people would probably download.
I did. It is also at ModJobs website. Here is the link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-chaos-conspiracy-redone :) I found a solution for the monsters summoning monsters in MM7Rev4modR1 Redone. The problem is not monsters summoning monsters, but the fact that there are too many monsters in some of the maps is the problem. I had to delete a lot of monsters and spawn marks in the "Barrow Downs'. You still get a lot of monsters, but no crash to the desk top. :-D I still have to fix Land Of the Giants and then upload a patch.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 27 May 2020, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 28 May 2020, 05:26

DaveHer wrote:I did. It is also at ModJobs website. Here is the link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-chaos-conspiracy-redone :)
But it's missing from the main post. Also doesn't have CCR Patch 4.
DaveHer wrote:I found a solution for the monsters summoning monsters in MM7Rev4modR1 Redone.
Cool!
Last edited by GrayFace on 28 May 2020, 05:28, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 28 May 2020, 09:29

[/quote]
But it's missing from the main post. Also doesn't have CCR Patch 4.
I does not need the patch for fixing the Druid Starting Skills, and Starting Stats which is patch 2 at the nexus. The link is on the main post. Check again.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 28 May 2020, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 18 Jun 2020, 16:08

DaveHer wrote:
After installing things from Nexus, I see new helmets as they appear on characters in icons.lod, but icons of old helmets for the inventory. Looking at new book icons, I'd the 5th level book is looks like it is the weakest one to me.
Last edited by GrayFace on 18 Jun 2020, 16:23, edited 3 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 18 Jun 2020, 17:38

GrayFace wrote:
DaveHer wrote:
After installing things from Nexus, I see new helmets as they appear on characters in icons.lod, but icons of old helmets for the inventory. Looking at new book icons, I'd the 5th level book is looks like it is the weakest one to me.
I need to check on the helmets. As for the books, do you mean the design on the cover?
David
Edit: I do not get old helmets in inventory. See Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fNEuUy ... sp=sharing
Last edited by DaveHer on 18 Jun 2020, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 19 Jun 2020, 08:35

DaveHer wrote:Edit: I do not get old helmets in inventory. See Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fNEuUy ... sp=sharing
Access Denied.
Oh, you're using for inventory the same graphics that are used for weared helmets. I haven't tested TCCR in action yet.
I also see that your graphics have palette problems. Their quality is strangely low. Importing true color images into LOD would give much better results.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 19 Jun 2020, 10:12

GrayFace wrote:
DaveHer wrote:Edit: I do not get old helmets in inventory. See Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fNEuUy ... sp=sharing
Access Denied.
Oh, you're using for inventory the same graphics that are used for weared helmets. I haven't tested TCCR in action yet.
I also see that your graphics have palette problems. Their quality is strangely low. Importing true color images into LOD would give much better results.
By "true color" , do you mean 24bit color and a higher resolution? I did not know that was possible with MM6. :embarrased:
David

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 19 Jun 2020, 21:18

DaveHer wrote:By "true color" , do you mean 24bit color and a higher resolution? I did not know that was possible with MM6. :embarrased:
David
24bit. MMArchive auto-converts to a palette on import.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 20 Jun 2020, 15:43

GrayFace wrote:
DaveHer wrote:By "true color" , do you mean 24bit color and a higher resolution? I did not know that was possible with MM6. :embarrased:
David
24bit. MMArchive auto-converts to a palette on import.
Looks like it would take a lot of work to convert all images in BITMAPS.lod, Icons.lod, and Sprites.lod.
David

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Jun 2020, 06:03

DaveHer wrote:Looks like it would take a lot of work to convert all images in BITMAPS.lod, Icons.lod, and Sprites.lod.
No, only icons.lod. Bitmaps and Sprites need common palettes and MMArchive can't help with that. Also, if you have semi-transparent images, I can help remove the teal border around them.
outb1 - the welcome sign doesn't have textures and looking at it crashes MM6
outb3 - the pyramid is mentioned by NPCs, but isn't there
outa1, outa3 - some weird shops in the scripts. Looks like outa1 script is there to fix MazeInfo. Outa3 doesn't do anything useful, only turns the Rock of Ages into a weapon shop :D

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 21 Jun 2020, 11:42

GrayFace wrote: No, only icons.lod. Bitmaps and Sprites need common palettes and MMArchive can't help with that. Also, if you have semi-transparent images, I can help remove the teal border around them.
outb1 - the welcome sign doesn't have textures and looking at it crashes MM6
outb3 - the pyramid is mentioned by NPCs, but isn't there
outa1, outa3 - some weird shops in the scripts. Looks like outa1 script is there to fix MazeInfo. Outa3 doesn't do anything useful, only turns the Rock of Ages into a weapon shop :D
You need to apply patch 4 from the nexus or patch 3 from ModJob. This does fix the missing textures in signs and the new shops. At list it do for me.
At first I tried making some completely new shops, but it did not work( I think because of the limits for MM6). Which is what the shops are without patch 3. So I used existing shops. Which patch 3 has. Before appling patch 3 look at the every bottom of 2DEvents.txt. It is where I added the new shops that did not work. :( About the pyramid, that's something that Big Daddy Jim and Maestro forgot to correct. It is not my doing. I use the commend to Deactivate all standard events "Game.MapEvtLines.Count = 0" for the scripts of the shops. According to the MMExtension tutorial this should allow me to use part of outa1 and outa3 lua scripts. Can you check that for me. Thanks. :) Converting images to 24bit will be easy because I have a program that does batch converting, but what should I convert, everything? 8| The sign at Kat'an map needs to be moved and rotated 90 degrees counter clock wise and that has to be done with blend (the rotating part). It is going to be a big problem for me because I have been using blender 2.79b and it does not work with the latest update of windows 10 and blender 2.8 does work except that it is completely different from 2.79b. Which means I'll have to study the tutorials all over again. :(
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 21 Jun 2020, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

doomdragon6
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby doomdragon6 » 21 Jun 2020, 21:33

Glad to see this is still an active topic here; my dad and I need some help here. We've been playing MM6 - MM8 together for about 2 decades now, maybe longer, and were ecstatic to discover these mods.

Problem is, he's reached Part 2 and we're having the same trouble a few others have, but can't find a solution. To the best of our knowledge, we're following the instructions perfectly. All files transferred, save is in the first slot, etc.

What happens is the same as the others-- characters that are not the ones we ended Part 1 with fall into some water and immediately die, then we end up on the shores of Sutter's Bay with a sky full of bone dragons. Obviously this is not correct.

Also, when we run the .exe, it says its spiel about needing to finish Part 1 (which we have, save is immediately after talking to the seer in the first save slot), and to press any key to continue.

We do so, and nothing happens.

Any help? We have spent 3 hours scouring the internet for every possible forum post or link talking about this issue, and while we've seen some posts by people with the problem, we're not seeing any answers.

Thanks all!

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 22 Jun 2020, 01:57

doomdragon6 wrote:Glad to see this is still an active topic here; my dad and I need some help here. We've been playing MM6 - MM8 together for about 2 decades now, maybe longer, and were ecstatic to discover these mods.

Problem is, he's reached Part 2 and we're having the same trouble a few others have, but can't find a solution. To the best of our knowledge, we're following the instructions perfectly. All files transferred, save is in the first slot, etc.

What happens is the same as the others-- characters that are not the ones we ended Part 1 with fall into some water and immediately die, then we end up on the shores of Sutter's Bay with a sky full of bone dragons. Obviously this is not correct.

Also, when we run the .exe, it says its spiel about needing to finish Part 1 (which we have, save is immediately after talking to the seer in the first save slot), and to press any key to continue.

We do so, and nothing happens.

Any help? We have spent 3 hours scouring the internet for every possible forum post or link talking about this issue, and while we've seen some posts by people with the problem, we're not seeing any answers.

Thanks all!
I may have unknowingly used the wrong version of TCC to make the mod. There is a version that dose not let you continue with part 2 because it is a beta version. The version I used was from ModJobs and now I believe that this is the version I used. I did not mess with the scripting. I only added the things list in the read me file. I do not know how to create scripting. I only use scripting that has been created by others and only those that I know what they are. Like for the quests. There is a version of TCC at a Russian website that has a different version than the one I used. I did not use that version because it places only archers on most of the maps(Kat’an, Sutter’s Bay, Ellesia) and no other monsters. Me and GrayFace are working on some minor issues with the mod( Missing textures and the new stores). There is a patch that should fix those issues at the nexus and the ModJobs. I think GrayFace or Rodril can help us with that by studying the scripts from the version of the Russian website. Have you seen “MM7Rev4modR1 Redone” it is a 100Xs better than TCCR. I did not make any modifications to Part 2.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 22 Jun 2020, 03:13, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Jun 2020, 11:01

DaveHer wrote:You need to apply patch 4 from the nexus or patch 3 from ModJob. This does fix the missing textures in signs and the new shops. At list it do for me.
It's already applied. Only the one in outb1 is missing. The missing texture is "2 NorseS".
DaveHer wrote: About the pyramid, that's something that Big Daddy Jim and Maestro forgot to correct. It is not my doing.
They had it removed and you added news about it without returning it. Or did you just use older version of TCC as the base?
DaveHer wrote:I use the commend to Deactivate all standard events "Game.MapEvtLines.Count = 0" for the scripts of the shops. According to the MMExtension tutorial this should allow me to use part of outa1 and outa3 lua scripts. Can you check that for me. Thanks. :)
To add shops you'll need to assign their event numbers to facets on the maps. And don't change events that are already used for different things, like event 2 in outa3. If you want to just add new things, there's no need to deactivate standard events. Also, the decompiled scripts you used as the base for shops are too old.
DaveHer wrote:Converting images to 24bit will be easy because I have a program that does batch converting, but what should I convert, everything?
You need to use original images for inventory that were 24 bits.
Last edited by GrayFace on 22 Jun 2020, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Jun 2020, 12:14

Turns out it was my fault the game was crashing. I made the editor respect Foggy attribute of maps, but not fog ranges.

Here's another problem in TCCR - Morgana and her companion are missing in outc3. It may be due to old version.

Did you only change models and decorative sprites, or spawn points(or monsters, items) too?
Last edited by GrayFace on 22 Jun 2020, 23:22, edited 3 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 23 Jun 2020, 01:58

GrayFace wrote:Turns out it was my fault the game was crashing. I made the editor respect Foggy attribute of maps, but not fog ranges.

Here's another problem in TCCR - Morgana and her companion are missing in outc3. It may be due to old version.

Did you only change models and decorative sprites, or spawn points(or monsters, items) too?
Yes I think I used an old version by mistake. Read Doomdragon6 post. I think it is 3 posts before this one. About the missing texture see the two links: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IqMNfa ... sp=sharing and
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11luUau ... sp=sharing It is the front and back of the sign after you apply the patch.

About the new shops I had a copy of the files for the "completely new shops"(shops that were added to the bottom of the 2DEvents.txt) and edited the outa1 and outa3 lua scripts and removed the " deactivate standard events". It did not work. But using the existing shops(which I did not want to do) did work after applying the patch.

Yes I did change some models (with blender) to put the fences on some of them so that the textures would not flicker, but I was careful to copy the scripts from the door of the old models and placed them on the doors of the new models. If you put fences as a separate model the textures flicker.

About sprites, I did not make any changes to existing sprites. I only added new sprites.

About monsters, I had some of them drop more money and useful things. That is all. I used the MONSTERS.txt for that.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 23 Jun 2020, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 23 Jun 2020, 09:51

DaveHer wrote:About the missing texture see the two links: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IqMNfa ... sp=sharing and
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11luUau ... sp=sharing It is the front and back of the sign after you apply the patch.
Access Denied.
DaveHer wrote: About the new shops I had a copy of the files for the "completely new shops"(shops that were added to the bottom of the 2DEvents.txt) and edited the outa1 and outa3 lua scripts and removed the " deactivate standard events". It did not work. But using the existing shops(which I did not want to do) did work after applying the patch.
Now I see. I didn't find the actual settlements at first. A party without a mage is out of luck in OUTA3.
Do you have all maps saved as .odt or just the compiled ones? Send them to me if you do.
DaveHer wrote: About monsters, I had some of them drop more money and useful things. That is all. I used the MONSTERS.txt for that.
David
What about new items, e.g. horseshoes?

Return to “Might and Magic”