Might & Magic: Era of Chaos

Rise to the challenge, forge your legacy! And live in the shadows of Heroes III. familiar names but not gameplay. Not recommended for poets, conservatives, perfectionists and people not having passion and daily time to waste.
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Might & Magic: Era of Chaos

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Mar 2020, 17:29

Mummy has been added to Barracks (finally). And Solmyr got a little nerf.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Mar 2020, 20:35

So this is the time when I'm honing for eternal, mystic, rare and secret resources on the guild map. Thanks to the God, that there are not even ethereal resources. So many possibilities, and many are ..absurd.

Dragon Blood Crystals are still not available.

Timing table:
* 11:30 Grab 120 speed pts
* 17:30 Grab 60 speed pts
* 20:00 When there is Battle of God, this is the time when it starts. You can watch champions battles and place your bets and make your money.
* 20:30 Grab 60 speed pts
* 21:00 Claim Rewards Packages and got rewards for Arena Rank
* 21:30 Time to count how many towns is having your guild under control and sent reward for them.

A trick to Plunder the whirpool is to use some of yours money to swipe through enemeies and pick the ones which you can defeat.

Archery game requires you to Give arrows, Claim arrows, fight boss, use free lighting bolts and then you can repeat that again, max 3 times. Don't waste your arrows. And as a last click these chests left down, to claim them. Reward is very rich!

Some other general approach also works, like having "wall" unit, like swordsmen and place them for enemy as insurmountable obstacle. Whereas your Zealots and Titan are staying somewhere safe aside.

Cool that we had got nerfed Solmyr and Mummy got a house. Which is a classical pyramid (Yay!), translated as Cursed Cave (Terrible!). But after their Sphinx riddles and Crag Hack campaign nothing can surprise me. Cat can be a Tiger or Toy or a Brat, depends at the random crap.

With this and previous patch comes many changes, one of the biggest is change of Magic Guild, which had got also Spell Bookshelf and Spell Prayer. So now, when the day start, you need to begin with: Free silver and gold keys summon, Astrologer Summon, Worshipping the most paying guy and Spell Prayer. Eh, also grab extra speed for guild map, Sign In bonus (obligatory as hell), and free goodies from the store. Did I forget a thing?

Back to the sweet Magic Guild news:
* You are getting bookshelf, with all spells, which you can slowly get from tokens magically appearing after your prayer. The spells are sorted by its level Green, Blue, Purle, Orange - at least for now and schools: Water, Fire, Air, Earth.
* When is your spell completed, you can add it to your hero vacant slot, for some of superfluous hero tokens. And lately swap it for some diamonds.

Ahh, almost forgot. There are also gold and diamonds rewards for having the game running on the screen. Happens randomly and it's nice.

The Max for Elf's Mysterious Package is 666 diamonds, happened already some times for me.

@Panda
Are you doing now 120HP dmg to Bosses on the Guild map? Also were you able to complete the training?

I forget about one more special artifact - Live Hawkeye. Orange class. Spell dmg caused by enemy heroes, which goes over 70% of unit's Max HP, is reduced by 30%. Any additional dmg, is calculated separately.

If I remember, that I started to playing Heroes to learn english, this game is a shame.
Last edited by Pol on 15 Mar 2020, 18:47, edited 6 times in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Mar 2020, 14:03

120 dmg, not tried yet. Probably with Mephala, casting ulti at last moment, while using only melee units, so the whole army is contemplated.

This new artifact helps countering Solmyr. It's so ridiculous the amount of burst damage that hero does.

These random gold and diamons are actually donations made by your guild mates which is make available, if you don't claim them personally.

Whirlpool enemies have very different rewards which are completely non proportional to their PWR. Some of the best I got were 110 of blue resource + 10 of yellow, 120 of blue + 40 of purple, 40 purple + 20 yellow. Try refreshing until you get these.

My guild president is giving 50 bucks to top Sphinx scorer. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Mar 2020, 15:09

Panda Tar wrote: This new artifact helps countering Solmyr. It's so ridiculous the amount of burst damage that hero does.

These random gold and diamons are actually donations made by your guild mates which is make available, if you don't claim them personally.
I think that these are extra draws (above default 7+3). So, yes, from guild donatated packages, but extra. Because I have them all always claimed :D
Panda Tar wrote: Whirlpool enemies have very different rewards which are completely non proportional to their PWR. Some of the best I got were 110 of blue resource + 10 of yellow, 120 of blue + 40 of purple, 40 purple + 20 yellow. Try refreshing until you get these.
They are random, similar to island's time (TTD - time to dig :devious: ).
Panda Tar wrote: 120 dmg, not tried yet. Probably with Mephala, casting ulti at last moment, while using only melee units, so the whole army is contemplated.
Pure theoretically, Gelu, expert Archery + 2.6M+ army :oex:
Or any other power hero, like lord Haart..
Last edited by Pol on 11 Mar 2020, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Mar 2020, 16:50

The monster jumps earlier when you get to 100 HP threshold, so I think Mephala is the one to hold it.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Mar 2020, 17:37

Perhaps also Sir Mullich? Will need to take a look..:)
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Mar 2020, 16:43

Hm, maybe. That boss seems immune to any sort of control.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Mar 2020, 16:33

Not a surprise.

Shield works, but then it jumps second time and with that it stops. Sir Mullich tomorrow, most likely it will be immune.
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Mar 2020, 15:56

I have a great deal of suspicion. About Monks. It's hard I know. But.. and seriously.

There are indicias, that they are also girls.

Fortunately we keep Ogres, Swordsmen, Halberdiers, Cavaliers, Centaurus, Vampires, Orcs, Marksmen, Skeleton Warriors (Archers and Pirates), Dwarves (most likely, there's that beard problem), Efreets, Wolf Riders, Walking Deads (not scientifically proven), Iron Golems (solely look, soul is not clear), Angels and Devils (How would Ubisoft put it, this duo is iconic!)
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Mar 2020, 13:35

They might be, considering Castle had no girls whatsoever. They just forgot to turn Cyclopi into girls. Dungeon innerently has Medusas and Harpies. Fortress might also be free of this forced gender-bending. I am still pretty much annoyed by Lich convertion.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Mar 2020, 16:43

Don't be so high. Troll Shamaness. I see it, they may have them as a backup. Also some upgrade of Angel can be a woman. Now with Awakening in place!

Or just a skin.

Speaking about them, do you have some interested unlocked? I have just Carol Adelaide, cannot bother with lore. Already read from YT, what you need to do that and no way that I would.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Mar 2020, 18:23

I have Catherine, Adelaide, Mullich ... I think that's all. Mephala's lore is right now on a very boring moment and hard task (finish some campaigns with her and having a surviving Pegasus). Crag Hack I cannot accomplish now either.

Ah, I am going veeeeeeeeeeeeeery slowly towards Luna's one.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 16 Mar 2020, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Mar 2020, 11:27

Dragons can control climate, eh? I guess that explains thing or a two. Also it's a good reason why is Dracon going after them.
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 19 Mar 2020, 14:52

Whatever I'm doing to reinforce my Firebird (soon to be five stars), it's still weaker than my Bone Dragon, despite being just three stars. Much weaker.

Bone Dragon
- 3S - Skills capped to L6, power: 59567
Firebird - 4S - Skills capped to L8, power 49755

Part of that is thanks to my roster, which is 62% for Necro and only 48.3% for Conflux. But it still doesn't explain the difference. Simply speaking, it seems that Firebird is once again weakest monster of 7th level. And a worse target for Awakening than for example Cavaliers.
Last edited by Pol on 19 Mar 2020, 21:55, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Mar 2020, 18:31

Firebird is my strongest unit. Roster stuff does a very good improvement. The focus are on casters, offense, conflux and castle. So the firebird got very far ahead, around 137k. Under Luna as hero, it's even deadlier.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Mar 2020, 08:24

I see nothing is fixed, nerfed yes, fixed not. Solmyr (or Solymr how first called him Ubisoft :devil: ) still starts with Baby Azure from the beggining. Noticed in Duel of Champioins, and in the Realm too.

This is a slown down, in order to become King and get the discounted item(s).

Still not having all my units in Orange, but relatively close to. One more level to get first Orange +3.

There's hunger extreme for skill stones, leveling up the skill to level 15 is taking so much time..

In so far having awakened Pikemen, Skeletons (Undead Pirates), Champions and working on Phoenix. Next goes on Silver Pegasi.

And Sir Mullich doesn't work vs Bosses. The only thing which does work is showing shield's cupola, but that's only grahpic.

If I would have, perhaps Kilgor could work. The base promise to lower Boss defense seems to be the only one viable.
Last edited by Pol on 21 Mar 2020, 09:34, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Apr 2020, 17:43

Incoming Dungeon Faction on April.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Apr 2020, 07:30

Kill that damn AI!!

Fighting enemy in Arena, so full autocombat. Adelaide constantly focus wrong units with her spells.

What left:
Ogres, Skeletons and Monks on my side. Phoenix and Demons at enemy side. Monks and Phoenix are aside. Rest is fighting in one bunch.

Enemy focus with spells my Monks. Adelaide focus with dmg spells Demons, who have self-healing, so it has almost no effect And Phoenix just wall. He is having low defence, average resistance and high dmg. And not a single dmg spell toward it!

If Adelaide would just cast the spells in opposite order, I would win. As for that end, full of defensive units, it lasted for almost a minute. With no change in my favour.

Resolution:
* When we look at AI values, AI focus at weaker units, considering also position. Thus one or the other for demons is too low. Because they are stronger than Phoenixes.

In the end all of these mentioned units were alive. And I lost, even if I was having more units alive enemy wasn't defeated.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 20 Jul 2020, 17:59

Well, stopped playing this thing couple of months ago. It's a complete suck-your-money-and-life-dry fest. Everything that's released is bound to 'force' or lure you into buying something not to lag too far behind, if you want to stay competitive. And apparently, they release stuff as wrong and unbalanced as they were when they were first released in China, only to have people spend money and have everything nerfed back, intead of releasing things already balanced. That's pretty nasty stuff.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Jul 2020, 08:02

Still in, would like to get red units. What I like is, that if you are member of a strong guild you can grow and be competitive, usually with other members of you guild only. But the top player changes. Still, the #1 is #1 in paying too.

If I would sum my investments I'm VIP6 and bought once some cheap diamonds pack. They have a lot of summer actions, to keep ppl in during vacations.

The always online factor is strong here and sooner or later I will abandon it too. What makes me happy, personally, is that in our guild everyone is max VIP9 and that's all, so we are not any big spenders, and we are like tenth when it comes to power.

So, it's matter of time, when some low spenders or completely free players will start to threaten top players.

Also, and that's another funny side, even if you are big spender it doesn't guarantee your game skills and you can easily get over anyone free, who know what is doing. So some fair strategical factor is here.

Speaking about story it's rather impossible, it's dosed on each 3-4th level to get new scenario. Extremely slow and not game breaking :D
(Mostly new scenarios are here for new resources, heroes and units. Main purpose.)

Battle of Steadwick and War Machines are a great addition.

Still waiting for that damn grail map. At least they announced that it will come in one of close updates.

I forget, there's Steward now. So you do Steward, Guild map, Campaign, Farming resources, Duel of Heroes and grabbing three speed extras. Within half a hour daily. Not bad.
Last edited by Pol on 21 Jul 2020, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Return to “Era of Chaos”