Tomb of VARN question

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Tomb of VARN question

Unread postby Asterot » 02 Jan 2009, 18:28

I know, this question might've been asked before, but that's actually quite a curious one. I've never got around it though... I've beaten the game 3 times and never figured it out.
So, here's the deal. Out of the tomb of VARN there are two exits - one through the entrance, and another one can be reached by means of an elevator. And that's where the problem lies. There's one button that launches the elevator and tho buttons beside it - one with an eye and the other with a scarab. At the top there are two picture doors and two tapestries on top of them saying that access if restricted only to some engineers or something like that. What I'd like to ask is - is there a way to actually open those doors? I thought there might be code pages like the ones to reach the VARN chest, but I never found them and only got shocked... :(

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 03 Jan 2009, 00:00

I don't think those doors can be opened. I've never gotten through them and I don't know anyone who has...

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 03 Jan 2009, 03:09

Same here. If there was a way to get through them, I think we would have heard the secret from someone by now (meaning all these years later).

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 03 Jan 2009, 07:52

There is nothing behind these doors.
I used MM6-8 Map Viewer and there aren't any rooms behind walls (I was curious too).
These two buttons are only for "shock" team if they press wrong button.

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Asterot » 03 Jan 2009, 17:40

Damn! That was a disappointment, really... :S
I don't think that there is really a need to create a separate theme for each question that I have... But I got one today.
Again it ma've been asked before... Well, the situation is like this - I tried to use the MM6 trainer once (just for laughs), and I've found two curious items - a horn of a dragon and a rose. I've figured out how to locate the dragonhorn, but i couldn't get where to find the rose... Could someone tell, please?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 14 Jan 2009, 11:06

First answer where to find teeth for Sy. ;) The answer seems to be the same.

THRONK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Tomb of VARN question

Unread postby THRONK » 27 Feb 2020, 17:09

Hi does anyone l know if this Tomb of VARN is a VARN launched from a CRON perhaps? As far as i know CRON can carry more VARNs l so this VARN that populated Enroth must have belonged to the VARNS that belonged to CRON that populated planet Terra as i know the Origin began with on a Cron First there was a void and out of nothing came life and Elemental lords birth on CRON so i think all VARNs belong to a CRON what do you think?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 27 Feb 2020, 17:56

Not really

Enroth's VARN was launched before the Silence (>1200 years ago), while CRON from MM2 visited Terra system after the Silence and not so long ago - main characters from MM3 has appeared in MM7. Also VARNs from CRON have very small numbers (VARN4 and VARN6 for example), meanwhile VARN on Enroth:

THRONK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby THRONK » 27 Feb 2020, 19:03

AHA i understand but where did this VARN that populated Enroth came from? From another CRON or from Shikbath Zera or was it just a alone a single VARN not connected to anything? Yes Morglin armies heroes from Mm3 isles of TERRA where present in Mm7 For blood and honor i think. But it was written that First there was a void and out of nothing came life and Elemental lords birth on CRON. That must have meant it all started with on a CRON so the VARN MCMIV must have also came into existence after the CRON did? It says in history of CRON that there was a void and out of nothing came life on CRON so First there was a CRON then a VARN.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 27 Feb 2020, 20:53

Legend (and it is a legend, not a 100% accurate history) from MM2 is about how CRON (and only CRON) was created and is better explained at the end of MM3:

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 28 Feb 2020, 11:41

wait, so the original role of CRON was to terraform an already biologically active world?

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 29 Feb 2020, 01:26

I guess the Ancients didn't have a Prime Directive.

"There can't be so much as a microbe, or the show's off!"
Dr. Carol Marcus, "Wrath of Khan"
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 29 Feb 2020, 09:38

raekuul wrote:wait, so the original role of CRON was to terraform an already biologically active world?
Yes and no.
Sheltem's and his CRON role was to indeed terraform Terra (titular Isles of Terra from MM3 are in fact VARNs). However CRON from MM2 had other mission and only launch four VARNs onto Terra while passing through system:

Return to “Might and Magic”