MM7Rev4modR1 Redone

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

MM7Rev4modR1 Redone

Unread postby DaveHer » 10 Jan 2020, 11:34

This is a remake of “MM7Rev4modR1“by Big Daddy Jim. This mod was later redone by Maestro and now by me. The mod is finished. There are New textures, sprites, models(done with blender), runes, shields, rings, books, and bows. Repainted most of the buildings, replaced all of the trees, plants, and Reagents with HD graphics and did the same changes that I did to CCR.
1. Start with more money.
2. Store open late hours.
3. Stable and Boat travel almost everyday plus everyday area.
4. Monstors drop more money and useful stuff.
This work was made possible with GrayFace modding tools, blender, and Corel Draw.
See Pics: ( Double click on the images for a full view)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
There are six quests. Three in Emerald Island and one in Harmondale that takes you to two other quests.

Installation:
1 Install a clean copy of GOG MM7. Not included.
2 Install MMEditor_2 and MMExtensionTmp_2 in any order. These files go into the MM7 installed directory. Included.
3 Install MM7.Patch.v2.4_2. Make sure to uncheck the last three choices. Included.
4 Install the MM7.ini file. Included
5 Start the game. Use the MM7 setup to start the game and click on hardware accelerated 3D.
Wait for the MMextention to finish writing the tables. This takes a while. When it finishes do not creat party. Exit game.
6 Place the DATA folder and the Scripts folder into the MM7 installed directory. Included. Overwrite all.
Have fun.

The file has been move to Heroes vii. Which is not correct because it is not a heroes game. (Moved your file page to the Might and Magic Heroes VII Nexus)is the message i got from the nexus. I sent them an email about that.
Update: The mod has been published. The link is:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/mm7rev4modr1-redone
David :)
Last edited by DaveHer on 01 Jan 2022, 10:32, edited 12 times in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: MM7Rev4modR1 Redone

Unread postby Anubis » 12 Jan 2020, 07:34

Looks very nice. Good work!

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 12 Jan 2020, 09:50

Anubis wrote:Looks very nice. Good work!
Thank You. :)
David

Darkrage
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Darkrage » 26 Jan 2020, 21:41

DaveHer: how is it going? Just wanted to let you know there is interest in new work! I created an account so I can let you know that!

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 27 Jan 2020, 04:31

Darkrage wrote:DaveHer: how is it going? Just wanted to let you know there is interest in new work! I created an account so I can let you know that!
Work is a little slow because I have been Sick. But the work will be finished. Another map has been done. I need to upload more Pics.
Thanks for the interest.
David

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 31 Jan 2020, 21:46

Update:
I am working on Barrow Downs at this time. After that, three more maps to do and i will be done with maps. I plan to do some quests and i will be finished.
David

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 15 Feb 2020, 16:07

Two more maps have been done Barrow Downs and Mountg Nighon. Only one left Shoals. See pics. They are 37 - 45.
David :-D
Last edited by DaveHer on 15 Feb 2020, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 21 Feb 2020, 00:36

The mod is finished. But there is a problem with the quests that did not exist in MM6. I left a post for GrayFace in the MMextention thread. See the pics for Shoals. Click on the link above for pics. I will be uploading the mod to the nexus soon.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 21 Feb 2020, 12:58, edited 2 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 22 Feb 2020, 11:07

The mod has been uploaded to the nexus, but i am waiting for it to be approve by nexus. Once it is approved, I will put a link to the download. :-D
David

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 23 Feb 2020, 14:49

It looks like i am going to have to wait until after the weekend for the nexus to publish the game. It has not been approved yet. :(
David

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 24 Feb 2020, 18:18

The Game has been approved. The link is in the first post above. :-D
David

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 25 Feb 2020, 02:52

Oh, no. I can see why they assumed it would be a Heroes mod. Looking forward to the mod/link when NexusMods sorts it out!
Last edited by Anubis on 25 Feb 2020, 02:59, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 25 Feb 2020, 16:42

The mod has been published. Check my very first post for the download link.
David

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 25 Feb 2020, 17:20

When I click on the link, Nexus mod reports that "The author of this mod has not published it yet " . Could you check? Thank you
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 25 Feb 2020, 21:08

unknownone wrote:When I click on the link, Nexus mod reports that "The author of this mod has not published it yet " . Could you check? Thank you
The link should work now. :) Try it again.
David

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 26 Feb 2020, 09:22

Now it works, thank you!
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 26 Feb 2020, 16:46

unknownone wrote:Now it works, thank you!
You are welcome.
David

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 11 Mar 2020, 23:24

To all that have downloaded the mod. I uploaded a file to the nexus that will upscale the bitmap textures only. I use topaz for upscaling.
David

dcasez
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dcasez » 17 Apr 2020, 14:45

Did the complete install as instructed. Everything seems to work okay, but I have two problems. Some textures seem messed up, like basic spell books look terrible. Main problem though is the skills masteries are not changed from the basic classes. So like Barbarians can only Master Light Armor, Wonderer cannot even learn Expert Identify Item, etc. Not sure how to fix this, or how to reinstall the correct way to avoid this next time. Barely started so I am okay with complete reinstall.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 17 Apr 2020, 17:15

dcasez wrote:Did the complete install as instructed. Everything seems to work okay, but I have two problems. Some textures seem messed up, like basic spell books look terrible. Main problem though is the skills masteries are not changed from the basic classes. So like Barbarians can only Master Light Armor, Wonderer cannot even learn Expert Identify Item, etc. Not sure how to fix this, or how to reinstall the correct way to avoid this next time. Barely started so I am okay with complete reinstall.
About the textures, there should be no problem with them. If there is, then there must be some corrupt files. This can happen one of two ways. During download or errors on the hard drive. You can check for errors with windows tools. Open windows file explorer and right click on the drive where you have the game install. Select properties, click on tools, and then click on check. windows will correct any errors on the drive. About the classes, there can be changed with GrayFace Text Editor. There is a file in the tables folder named Class Skills.txt that can be edited. But there is a problem in that Maestro change the name of the characters. The Class Skills.txt file has the names of the original game. I know that the Alchemist=Druid. Knight might be Barbarians, not sure. Wonder might be Monk. E=expert M=Master G=grandmaster. Study the file. You should be able to figure it out. You will find the text editor here: https://grayface.github.io/mm/
David

Return to “Might and Magic”