[MM7] questions about modding and creatures

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
SparrowJacek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

[MM7] questions about modding and creatures

Unread postby SparrowJacek » 13 Feb 2020, 14:00

Hi.

I started reading about MM modding and even tried some ASM coding myself on .exe file with various results. I have some questions of varying nature, from rather basic to more advanced ones and they are all about MM7. Here they are:

1. Greyface shared an equation to calculate monster chance to hit us and monster level is used in calculations. There are some monsters that cast bless or hour of power(= bless) which should improve AC, does it also increase monster level or does it even work for monsters?

2. Is there a way to modify monsters to cast regeneration or heal spell? I'd love to see trolls with high regeneration.

3. Is there a way to add new creatures to MM7? Mainly import them from MM8.

4. Is there a way to import map from MM8 or MM6? (Without events, NPC, monsters and such)

5. How to create new maps for MM7? Is there a tutorial/tools that could facilitate it?

6. Probably most important - I'd like to be able to add new spells or modify existing ones, so far I had little luck with disassembler, maybe due to low skill with that tool. But I see that there are scripts like evt.CastSpell provided by Greyface, which can cast spell based on its number. Does it call some functions from .exe file? How does it work and do you think it could help me create new spells?

Thank you a lot for any answers you provide and have a nice day!

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: [MM7] questions about modding and creatures

Unread postby DaveHer » 13 Feb 2020, 20:51

SparrowJacek wrote:Hi.

I started reading about MM modding and even tried some ASM coding myself on .exe file with various results. I have some questions of varying nature, from rather basic to more advanced ones and they are all about MM7. Here they are:

1. Greyface shared an equation to calculate monster chance to hit us and monster level is used in calculations. There are some monsters that cast bless or hour of power(= bless) which should improve AC, does it also increase monster level or does it even work for monsters?

2. Is there a way to modify monsters to cast regeneration or heal spell? I'd love to see trolls with high regeneration.

3. Is there a way to add new creatures to MM7? Mainly import them from MM8.

4. Is there a way to import map from MM8 or MM6? (Without events, NPC, monsters and such)

5. How to create new maps for MM7? Is there a tutorial/tools that could facilitate it?

6. Probably most important - I'd like to be able to add new spells or modify existing ones, so far I had little luck with disassembler, maybe due to low skill with that tool. But I see that there are scripts like evt.CastSpell provided by Greyface, which can cast spell based on its number. Does it call some functions from .exe file? How does it work and do you think it could help me create new spells?

Thank you a lot for any answers you provide and have a nice day!
Using GrayFace Editor you can export maps from MM6 and MM8 and with the editor you can import them into MM7, but I think, not sure, that the game has a limit as to how many maps it can handle. I believe you can create new maps with the editor. GrayFace can provide more info. on this.
David

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 13 Feb 2020, 21:31

DaveHer wrote:but I think, not sure, that the game has a limit as to how many maps it can handle.
I suspect Scripts/Structs/After/RemoveMapStatsLimit.lua of MM Extension is addressing this issue.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 14 Feb 2020, 00:30

cthscr wrote:
DaveHer wrote:but I think, not sure, that the game has a limit as to how many maps it can handle.
I suspect Scripts/Structs/After/RemoveMapStatsLimit.lua of MM Extension is addressing this issue.
Coping that file to MM7 might work.
David

Return to “Might and Magic”