Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Unread postby Panda Tar » 04 Feb 2020, 18:45

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Steam has already made it available pre-purchase of Ori and the Will of Wisps. Following Ori and the Blind Forest superb masterpiece of an adventure platformer (metroidvania style). I was watching some gameplay and it seems quite fun and renewed. Recreating games with some unique gameplay might be tricky, and living up the name of a success even more so.

Here, you can see a small teasing gameplay. Needless to say it seems to have a lot of tense escaping sequences (and consequently, a lot of deaths :lol:), a la Ginso Forest sequence.

Graphics seem even more pristine than the first installment. Very thrilled for this release. :oex:

Last edited by Panda Tar on 04 Feb 2020, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 29 Apr 2020, 03:32

I was disappointed by this game. The exploration game-play is excellent, but the combat mechanics are not very good.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Unread postby Panda Tar » 20 Jul 2020, 21:42

Which one you mean? The first Ori is simpler when it comes to fighting, just shoot, timing, charge, dodge, a mixture of acrobatics and shooting. :D

Second Ori you equip 3 skills, in which they focus on fighting and acrobatics, where you have a scythe (something like that), a hammer, a shuriken, a bow for weapons. Melee weapons work differently pressing up and down, you can stomp with hammer, shuriken work like boomerangs, then you evolve some of these, such as making shuriken freeze on air if you tap the button again (which can be devastating if the enemy gets stationary). You can also heal yourself, shoot flames, shoot yourself, create a light aura to protect your and damage foes who gets in range. There are also other support skills, like jumping thrice on air, deflecting projectiles with melee weapons, gaining bonus life points, more damage and take more damage, magnet to gather dropped loot, and so on.

It's also a lot more difficult than the first game. Even small and more peaceful places require some skill to jump from one place and the other or simply climb a wall. I might have died around 130 times. A lot of those on bosses. Luckily enough, I did not die that much on escaping sequences, which also claimed my life a lot in the first game. And the last boss last fighting stage, you simply need to keep yourself airborn shooting youself upwards, while bashing balls of flames (which prompts you to a chosen direction), and they can damage you, while the monster dives like a bullet almost without warning from any direction, and you need to bash those same balls of flames at the boss altogether. :sweat:

And the game is beautiful. Not as ... emotional in point of view as the first one though. And you have a lot of friends and NPCs for side quests, you have sprint races for records and prizes (most of times you get those spirit coins, because now you don't level up, you buy for your skills, maps, upgrades, etc.). I thought it was rather entertaining. :)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”