Might & Magic: Era of Chaos

Rise to the challenge, forge your legacy! And live in the shadows of Heroes III. familiar names but not gameplay. Not recommended for poets, conservatives, perfectionists and people not having passion and daily time to waste.
BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Might & Magic: Era of Chaos

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 19 Jan 2020, 01:02

EDIT: managed to find the Fortress hero and unit art. :) Must say, amazing to finally see actual new artwork of my favourite town so many decades later!!!
http://yxwd.qq.com/cp/a20170925home/her ... eroindex=1

Korbac and his Dragon Fly swarms. (was always my go-to hero whenever I played Fortress)

Wystan - while he has a bow and arrow, apparently his new speciality are Basilisks.

Tazar - guess he got a job on the side playing Kraven the Hunter. :D His speciality is just shown as a ?.
Oddly, no Witches anywhere yet. I'd have thought they'd have jumped at the chance to do Adrienne.

Sandro is there too, of course.

Mutare, possibly? The translator says "Molly, Overlord" :D
EDIT: Yeah it is Mutare... there is a "Dragon Molly" :P

Here are the Fortress Units:

Gnoll
Lizardman
Dragon Fly
Basilisk
Gorgon
Wyvern
Hydra

Dungeon units:
Troglodyte
Harpy
Beholder
Medusa
Minotaur
Manticore
Black Dragon

Oddly enough there seem to be some neutral units too, including units that might as well belong to a Regnan faction... While others seem to belong to existing factions like Castle or Necropolis.

Regnan Pirate
Templar
I guess the best name for this thing is Tidal Wave. Google Translate makes it out to "Hail". Basically a giant Water Elemental.
Mummy
Druid
Dragon Turtle
Airship

Pol wrote:So, even Azure Dragon, was fighting him today.

Hey, they have info bot on Discord.

Name of channel: info-bot-spam

Usage:
+Info "Unit or Hero Name"
+Skills "Hero Name"

There's some interesting info here, indeed.

New units and skills are added and managed by AmandaPanda and her friends, she's awesome everywhere. :D
Can you post a link? I cannot find such a discord channel.
Last edited by BB Shockwave on 19 Jan 2020, 02:47, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 19 Jan 2020, 06:52

Go to the MMHEOC channel:
https://discord.gg/2m4FHy5

And navigate to 'INFO BOT' section, where's 'info-bot-spam' thread

----------------------**-------------------------------

From January 15th to 31st, submit your original M&M Heroes: Era of Chaos video clip to us to be crowned as a ChaoStar!
PS This is how is advertising working today. Yay! Everyone is happy. And youtube also adds to the ads.
Last edited by Pol on 19 Jan 2020, 19:07, edited 5 times in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Jan 2020, 19:32

:shh: Ah, yes, roster, hohoho. :D I actually don't know what roster is. I'll Google that up.

Yep, it's been a while this game was released in China. I am guessing they are slowly unlocking content here as they milk money away, watch how this market behaves, teasing new content, making people spend some money on heroes they'll just nerf when the next (purposefully) unbalanced hero is released, and do all the ritual of milking money again. Traps, of course. :rolleyes: Did you see the hero screen? There are 20 more heroes released there, including that chick that had a dragon-form, but their names are a bit messy when translating from Chinese: Sephinroth, Jeddite, Gem and Sandro are all there. Three additional artifact sets (Eagle Eye became a set :lol: ).
The archmage turns into magic mage.
:D

Lol, translations from Google for Chinese are hilarious. "Mexican Lion", "Pretty Cow", "Blazing Elf".

Regarding upgrades, I concur. I don't know what they will do in addition to skills they already have in their upgraded form. Wonder if it'll have another layer of skill upgrading or else.
Do you know that you can dismantle artifacts? To get these ember drops to buy another artifact. For that you just need to have some 'Star Sigil'.
Why you said we need Star Sigil?

I think I'll start dismantling them more often. Now that some are reaching lv 14, which is the next milestone of effectiveness, and upgrading beyond that starts to get a little too expensive, I'll focus on getting ember drops instead and try to buy the ones lagging behind.

As an addendum, Mephala does not work for 11-2 trials. The gap between tower AoE and the tent is greater than her Ulti AoE. So, yes, you need either Gelu or Yog to beat that trial down. I need 10 more Yog tokens to get him on board and check how that goes. Trials up to 22 are shown in the list. Wonder what kind of hellish nightmare awaits us there.

@Pol
What are these rewards?
Last edited by Panda Tar on 19 Jan 2020, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 19 Jan 2020, 19:46

That wasn't specified, here's the doc.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Jan 2020, 21:09

Ah, diamonds. Somehow I didn't see them there.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Jan 2020, 19:29

The promised reward should be diamonds and something else but it wasn't specified yet. So we will see.

Again Chapter 17: Liberation of the Empire"
>> Talk to monster to locate the hidden chest. There's no monster on the map left and I'm left with clueless tapping. Any hints?

Have already four units in Orange, ie Bone Dragon, Zealots, Marksmen and Ogres, working on others. Bone Dragon is not having good defense or health but man, it can break enemy defense like nothing. Just ensure that it's everywhere as a second (not being attacked) and it will win every battle (vs AI).
Last edited by Pol on 21 Jan 2020, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 21 Jan 2020, 22:54

If you have a walking dead with Bone Dragon, it's a sure piercing line.

Regarding Chapter 17, what's the name of the Side Quest? There's a "Stolen Chest" with a question mark. Is that the one? I recall there was something with a sharpshooter on the cliff, then the pit fiend on the biggest southern island, there was a unicorn in the the mid-stage. I don't remember the rest. I had no problems finding anything. So I cannot be sure of what's missing on your end. If you get some printscreens, I might spot something.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Jan 2020, 15:50

Hi, yes, you recall that right.

The last chest was sunken in the water, near place where was Lich. Apart from many others hidden, this was visible..
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Jan 2020, 18:27

Today's money grab issssss: green dragon. 17.000 diamonds to get all chests and it even grants only 45 tokens. The rest 35 to complete the dragon must be gain through luck.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Jan 2020, 19:22

Hah, hah, quizzie:
"In Luck We Trust!"

Now, try that. And say it right! :-D

I do use them differently to support my Cavalry, first Cavalry, second Bone Dragons, up column Defensive units, Zealots and two Archers behind. First the Dragon helps Cavalry to beat enemy scrummage in the row, then it does untie, and go up to destroy all defensive units in the line. Cavalry continues to finish Archers and Casters. Vs AI they are basically never attacked.
Last edited by Pol on 22 Jan 2020, 20:03, edited 3 times in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Jan 2020, 20:32

I am focusing a bit on artifacts now, as slowly getting units to orange flavor. The top-ranked players have more than 50-60% of their Power given by artifacts alone. Need getting the second green up and the blue ones. First and Third sets are lv 14. Purple ones are getting around 5 now. Titan one is still lv 2 and 2 pieces of that dragon set. The blue ones that improve magic damage and magic resistance are pretty important, and mine are around 5-6 yet.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 22 Jan 2020, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 27 Jan 2020, 06:19

Panda Tar wrote:Ah, diamonds. Somehow I didn't see them there.
"The Diamonds! Mahgod!" :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiOe-b_ocI8
Yeah, I am not gonna waste money on this game to buy those. I'll just check back and reinstall when they have added the Dungeon and Fortress to the game.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 27 Jan 2020, 15:14

:-D

This is the sort of game you waste money, indeed. :D

And having to worship the greatest douché in my server is kind of frustrating. At least we get some rewards by worshipping.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Jan 2020, 18:26

It's imitating real political system, touché!

The one who win, you must worship. Or not, but in non democratical systems, you won't get any benefits. Whereas you may loose, some substantial ones.
Last edited by Pol on 27 Jan 2020, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 27 Jan 2020, 22:25

The guy must be really bored by now. Buying everything, then having no one to oppose him at the same level, then having not too much to do whilst new content is not released. Well, his funeral. :lol:

I am lagging behing regarding creature power, strongest is tied to 400th. However, I am 25th on Artifact power. A bit unbalanced, I should say. Overall, I think I am 42th in my server.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Jan 2020, 23:09

That's your point of view. He's probably very rich, or at least feeling like that. This is game which favor credit card warriors and you can get this M&M Heroes sticker all over it. :D

I'm slowly getting to level 68, to be able to complete last Rampart mission. Having half of my units in orange and also got that Treant in my stable. Cuz you know, I nurtured him from just the small branch, watered him daily and now, he's fully grown. (I'm still not getting that his slow can affect flying units, quite a magic.)
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Jan 2020, 21:06

Just when I got some at lv 67, I got to lv 68. Lv 67 was extremely fast. Probably because of the turn of the week or something. I hope it will be a while until 69, so I can evolve units a bit, pull up the lagging ones.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Jan 2020, 23:16

As the motto of Explorers: "New abilities, new bugs!"
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Jan 2020, 13:23

On our server (EU-16) champion name is Hala. That's all because he has Black Knights and Lord Haart combo.

Last chapter 18 finished today, and it wasn't much to my expectations. One would expect more scenarios being added meanwhile but nothing. Not interested in Lore conditions. So quest completed.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Jan 2020, 14:00

Still waiting for Solmyr's nerf. It's sort of sad knowing (or speculating with 98% certainty :D ) that these same broken heroes were released back then with the same 'problems' before being nerfed, but their broken time was so profitable. What do you think? So they simply released them again broken for our market to see what happens.

And yes, chapter 18 starts aaaaaaand it's gone. :lol:

Mephala is also not the most exciting hero either. However, having her 3-star improves 30% HP for all your defense units even if she's not on the battlefield. So, that's something. I was not really paying attention to some of the hero's specialties which had effect even when they are not on battle. Some of them are quite useful, like Gelu, Mullich, Mephala, Adelaide, Solmyr (diiiieeeeeeee!); and some others regarding units like Vidomina and Shiva.

Also got underground done. We need to wait now the release of more content. It seems the next Inferno hero is about to be released. Perhaps something comes along with him, not mentioning bugs, broken abilities and whanot. :drama:
Last edited by Panda Tar on 29 Jan 2020, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Era of Chaos”