[HOMM 5] Custom Heroes help

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
Aethris
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

[HOMM 5] Custom Heroes help

Unread postby Aethris » 16 Jan 2020, 02:57

Hello, I've recently been looking into trying to mod Heroes V for personal use and have been looking around for information and know how, but I for the life of me can't find information on making custom heroes that can be used in RMG like I've seen a few mods have, and attempts at reverse engineering the games files with my limited knowledge of coding has left me with wasted hours and white and black boxes for character portraits.

I'd like to accomplish either of these two goals, primarily.
1. Create new heroes that are selectable on RMG maps
2. Edit the normal heroes with custom portraits and names that are selectable on RMG maps

Based on what my attempts at figuring it out for myself and reading around, it almost sounds like I have to add the hero to some sort of map file that the RMG uses to add a new one for number 1.

for number 2 I am completely lost as to what I'm missing about it.

Thank you.
Last edited by Aethris on 16 Jan 2020, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.

Aethris
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: [HOMM 5] Custom Heroes help

Unread postby Aethris » 17 Jan 2020, 02:21

Update:

I've managed to figure out how to get the new heroes in the game itself, but my portraits are just showing up as white boxes. Any knowledge on what I might be missing would be greatly appreciated.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Jan 2020, 19:27

There are two people who can perhaps help. Try to alert them via PM. They are mctronic - map maker and Magnomagus - author of HoMM 5.5, however he lives on HC, you may have more luck catching him there.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Aethris
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aethris » 19 Jan 2020, 02:47

Thank you, I will ask them.

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”