Heroes 2 - problem winning the map "Revolution"

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 11 Sep 2007, 14:11

Mmmm.... it might be confusing if it doesn't work the same way in H3, don't Vamp Lords in H3 gain back life as long as they attack - no need to kill? (Assuming they attack living units)? But yeah, Pitsu is correct as far as H2 is concerned.

Anyway, as far as my own experience with the map: Two of Purple Wizard's castles had Upgraded Cloud Castles and one had a basic cloud castle. But that may have been helped by my mod that reduces the price of basic one to 8000 gold (although I did raise the cost of the upgrade to 16000, and he got two).

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 11 Sep 2007, 14:18

I encountered two Upgraded Cloud Castles in my game, and mine isn't modded. Purple hadn't bought more than a few Titans, but by the time I arrived he was toast even if he had them all.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 11 Sep 2007, 19:27

grobblewobble wrote: UndeadHalfOrc, I will give your maps a try.
Good thing I made them H2 standard then. I was highly tempted to use those nifty PoL hero portraits for the starting hero :)

grobblewobble
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby grobblewobble » 12 Sep 2007, 06:21

So far I started two of your maps, UndeadHalfOrc. The warlock and sorceress versions. I haven't finished either game yet, but these are my first impressions.

With sorceress, the map seems nicely balanced. Unlike as necromancer, I was unable to raise level 6 dwellings very quickly, but the team of fast shooters and deadly flyers / blinding unicorns cooperates so nicely.. man, I just love sorceress. *wipes away a tear*
Anyway, I have no complaints about the map.

As warlock, things seemed a little easy, to be honest. Stone and sulfur, the two critical resources for them, were easily accessible because there is a second mine + piles of both of these to the south.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 12 Sep 2007, 10:48

grobblewobble wrote: As warlock, things seemed a little easy, to be honest. Stone and sulfur, the two critical resources for them, were easily accessible because there is a second mine + piles of both of these to the south.
*Looking at map* You're right. But oddly enough, the Warlock version is the only one where I didn't change the starting mine locations resources from the original Necro map. I hadn't thought about the close sulfur and ore south.

I'm not sure what to do about those, replace them? Put them further away? Stronger monster stacks?

Serves me right for relying on others to test my own maps :|
Last edited by UndeadHalfOrc on 12 Sep 2007, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 12 Sep 2007, 15:56

OK grobble, how about this, the ore mine was pushed further into necro territory and sulfur mine, deeper in sorceress territory.

http://pages.infinit.net/plague/rev_warl.zip

watery
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Heroes 2 - problem winning the map "Revolution"

Unread postby watery » 13 Aug 2019, 11:40

Hello, Heroes!
Is there anyone who still plays the great game【Heroes of Might and Magic II】as me now, August 13, 2019? :yes:
I played the game when I was in university as a student. Now, I find it back and play it in Dosbox. :oex:
The map "Revolution" is very interesting! I tried "Impossible" and win in 50 days. My most important experience is, don't use Bone Dragon and use Vampire Lord! Vampire Lords gain hits by dealing damage, so, they will never die!!! When one hero has 18 or more, in the early days, they are invincible, and no reduce! :D

Below is my score:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B86Mo ... vrsHrO3WlE

I also stored a game-saving file here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18XDd0 ... re2j7Mr9G2

If you are interested in this game, contact me! :up:
Last edited by watery on 13 Aug 2019, 12:02, edited 4 times in total.

watery
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby watery » 06 Jan 2020, 15:49

My newest score, 40 days, 302 points.
Below is my score:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V2zH9x ... sp=sharing
I also stored a game-saving file here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y9aZBd ... sp=sharing

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 11 Sep 2020, 05:36

Nice. I still play HOMM2-4 for nostalgia sake and b/c I created so many maps. I noticed that HOMM3 has a bunch of add-ons and post production expansions that I'd like to load up for when I try that version again. I actually watched a bunch of recordings that some folks made and posted to Youtube just for the fun of watching the gameplay again. Good Stuff.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”