Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 01 Jan 2020, 21:08

It's not a Lua thing. It's a function written by GrayFace. And if you inspect the source, GrayFace's mem.copy actually invokes a C library function, memcpy. I'm unfamiliar with Lua just like you, and have limited knowledge of C/C++.

Not sure what wuxiangjinxing wants but I saw he is working on some summon magics and guess he might be needing to, for example, conditionally change a spell name. If so, we can check MMExtension API doc and then we find Game.SpellsTxt. So, to change the name of "Torch Light" to "Angel A", we use:

Code: Select all

Game.SpellsTxt[1].Name = "Angel A"
We don't find the address and write bytes there (mem.copy or byte by byte), unless we have to.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Jan 2020, 12:07

tomchen1989 wrote:It's not a Lua thing. It's a function written by GrayFace. And if you inspect the source, GrayFace's mem.copy actually invokes a C library function, memcpy. I'm unfamiliar with Lua just like you, and have limited knowledge of C/C++.

Not sure what wuxiangjinxing wants but I saw he is working on some summon magics and guess he might be needing to, for example, conditionally change a spell name. If so, we can check MMExtension API doc and then we find Game.SpellsTxt. So, to change the name of "Torch Light" to "Angel A", we use:

Game.SpellsTxt[1].Name = "Angel A"
We don't find the address and write bytes there (mem.copy or byte by byte), unless we have to.
When I said I should've looked a bit deeper, I meant both LUA and the MMExtension documentation.
It is going to be either spell names, or summoned creature names I think. (but I presume he can set the summoned creature name overwrite in a better way when setting which expertise level summons what. But if not, then it might be it)
wuxiangjinxing wrote:*prod*
Make sure to check this post and the few previous ones.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Jan 2020, 20:53

Some anonymous google user added a possible solution to a report by Jaojin.

Reported by: Jaojin » Dec 26 2019, 2:08
Encountered this Error in Castle Darkmoor in the room right before the Lich King. I was taking my time and reanimating/Control Undead on the specters (I assume the lichs are creating). Just as I clear out the room before the LK, several more lichs spawn in and flooding me with this error. Now, anytime I approach that room I get the popup debug console.
D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:14: array index (-276077.43209877) out of bounds [0, 501]
stack traceback:
   [C]: in function 'error'
   Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1342: in function '__index'
   D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:14: in function 'GetMonster'
   D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:405: in function <D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:404>
   [C]: in function 'pcall'
   Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
   Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1653: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1650>
   [C]: in function 'call'
   D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\Global\Editor Navigate.lua:209: in function <D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\Global\Editor Navigate.lua:184>
   [C]: in function 'pcall'
   Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
   Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1653: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1650>

arguments of 'GetMonster':
   p = 5363952

local variables of 'GetMonster':
   i = -276077.43209877
   (*temporary) = (table: 0x106707f0)
   (*temporary) = (table: 0x12dcfa30)
   (*temporary) = 1.5342710579532e-286
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Templayer: My thought on it is that by reanimating the specters you eventually hit some kind of a limit, and when the Lich spawn event occurred, well... I hope you have backup saves.   Nice strategy, though! 
Anonymous: I had much the same issue, only way I could get around it was to travel through all of Castle Darkmoor invisible, and not engage anything.
Also I have added some more of my own pondering about a bug reported by Lucius.

Reported by: Lucius » Dec 31 2019, 10:04
Shield Eclipse from MM8 Ravenshore quest cannot be used by MM6 High Priest...
Templayer: The Merge probably doesn't take the newly created "High Priest" class (which is new for the MM8) as a branch of the Cleric class-line prerequisite for the shield. The Cleric classes and the Priest of the Sun classes have been combined together from all three games. High Priest from MM6 on the other hand had to be added as a "new class", so to speak. I wonder if the Priest of the Dark has the same problem or not - but maybe he was accounted for, unlike the High Priest.
Jaojin wrote:*PROD*
Lucius wrote:*PROD*
Last edited by Templayer on 02 Jan 2020, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

wuxiangjinxing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wuxiangjinxing » 03 Jan 2020, 00:05

Thank you all for your suggestions. I finally used a pretty simple way to do the work.

Here is summon mod v2. Now we can do summoning for all kinds of earth spells.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vg5Syo ... sp=sharing

In the current mod, you need to keep Ctrl pressed if you want to summon with earth spells. (I did not test much for how long you should keep pressing Ctrl, but I would suggest you start pressing when you select the spell in your spellbook, and you can release it after you start summoning). Without pressing Ctrl you can still cast the vanilla earth spell.

The current monsters being summoned might not be well balanced. I'm going to change that based on some suggestions in this thread. But for now please help me test for bugs and glitches. Any other suggestions will be very appreciated.
Last edited by wuxiangjinxing on 03 Jan 2020, 00:27, edited 5 times in total.

wuxiangjinxing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wuxiangjinxing » 03 Jan 2020, 01:08

Templayer wrote:
Templayer wrote:
wuxiangjinxing wrote:I made a MOD that allows druid to summon skeleton warriors when casting stun.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tuoP94 ... sp=sharing

Please put this file in Scripts/General. You need to cast stun from spell book, not from quickspell, so as to summon skeletons.

I would like to convert each earth magic to a summon spell for druid, so I would appreciate if anyone can give me some suggestions on which spell to summon which monster, and make the relative monster tier and spell tier rather consistent.
Skeletons sounds really bad for a druid.
Normal level spells (four slots): Wolves, Snakes (Couatl), Bees, Dragonflies, Bats, Rats, Suckers, Spiders ... choose
Expert (three slots): Trees, Griffins, Oozes, Boulders, Wyverns, ... choose
Master (three slots): Scorpicores, Thunderbirds, Salamanders, Basilisks ... choose
GM spell => random elementals.

EDIT: I've got a semi-interesting idea. I was thinking on how to incorporate more of them, and then I realized a good solution - make it continent-dependent! I'll make a new list in a new post, so that this edit isn't overlooked. It really makes sense for the druids to summon the animal / elemental that is the closest. :D :D

Feel free to experiment and change this to your liking, it is a draft only, I am not forcing this on you or anything like that.

Less expertise = less monsters and weaker variants, more expertise = more monsters and stronger variants.

It would be great if you made a button that would show up for a Druid on the Earth magic spellbook screen that would switch it up.
Later down the pipeline, removing all the spell icons graphics and replacing them with custom ones once the button has been clicked on (changing Earth Magic to Summoning Magic) would be very nice. You might need GrayFace's help with that part, however.

I will add this to the community branch once all Earth spells have a summoning effect for the druid.
wuxiangjinxing wrote: Continent-based summoning is a pretty decent idea. I'm looking foward to Templayer's new list.
Based on the EDIT section of my previous post:

Druid summoning table for the continent of Enroth:
Normal level spells (four slots): MM6 Bats, MM6 Rats, MM6 Suckers, MM6 Spiders
Expert (three slots): Cobras, MM6 Oozes, Agar's Experiments
Master (three slots): MM6 Hydras, MM6 Thunder Lizards, MM6 Sea Serpents
GM spell => random MM6 elementals.

Druid summoning table for the continent of Antagarich:
Normal level spells (four slots): Dragonflies, MM7 Bats, MM7 Rats, MM7 Spiders
Expert (three slots): Trees, Griffins, MM7 Oozes
Master (three slots): Scorpicores, MM7 Behemoths, Flying Sharks :D
GM spell => random MM7 elementals.

Druid summoning table for the continent of Jadame:
Normal level spells (four slots): Wolves, Winged Serpents, Wasps, Boulders
Expert (three slots): MM8 Wyverns, Demolishers, MM8 Thunderbirds
Master (three slots): MM8 Fire Birds (Phoenixes eventually), Basilisks, Dragon Turtles
GM spell => random MM8 elementals.

Druid summoning table for the continent of Breach (CHAOS! Also these shouldn't be mentioned in any descriptors... :P ):
Normal level spells (four slots): MM6 Evil Eyes, MM7 Golems, Crystal Walkers, Ether Knights
Expert (three slots): Angels, MM7 Droids, Fears
Master (three slots): Cacti, Wyrms, MM6 Terminators
GM spell => normal - Fallen Defender, expert - Unicorn King, master - MegaDragon, GM - Q (aka the arrow-sponge! :D )

With the names I am representing all three variations and trying to find the name that best describes the line of monsters.
Due to Druid's limits, the best variation should always be attained at Master, and GM only makes an army of it. (except for the Breach + GM => Q Easter egg)
So normal level of Earth Magic - easiest variation of summoned creature;
Expert Earth Magic - medium variation;
Master Earth Magic - strongest variation;
GM - makes a small army. :)

And I need to back this all up, it took some time and checking to make.
If you can tell me what's the exact name (in Monlist.txt) I can simply add them to the script. But I can hardly figure out, for example, which monster is MM6 Rat by myself.

Jaojin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jaojin » 03 Jan 2020, 03:51

Templayer wrote:Some anonymous google user added a possible solution to a report by Jaojin.
Full disclosure. When I went through the castle the first time I did it invisible (to get the memory crystal). When I went back I had to kill the lich king, and high difficulty + considerable number of enemies + dispel magic and shrapmetal meant I would have to work my way there, so I went about methodically cleaning it out. When I first starting seeing the error, I thought: "Maybe if I unload the area and come back invisible they won't spawn specters and cause an overflow." Error occurred regardless. To verify I just went back there in my current save (a month or two later igt) invisible, through the front door, and still get the error occurring in the same place.

Invisible will let you complete the quest... so long as your not already F*ed.

I wonder if I kill some of the beholders on the sides of the castle if that will create some space for the other enemies... or is this irrelevant?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 Jan 2020, 11:43

wuxiangjinxing wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Templayer wrote: Skeletons sounds really bad for a druid.
Normal level spells (four slots): Wolves, Snakes (Couatl), Bees, Dragonflies, Bats, Rats, Suckers, Spiders ... choose
Expert (three slots): Trees, Griffins, Oozes, Boulders, Wyverns, ... choose
Master (three slots): Scorpicores, Thunderbirds, Salamanders, Basilisks ... choose
GM spell => random elementals.

EDIT: I've got a semi-interesting idea. I was thinking on how to incorporate more of them, and then I realized a good solution - make it continent-dependent! I'll make a new list in a new post, so that this edit isn't overlooked. It really makes sense for the druids to summon the animal / elemental that is the closest. :D :D

Feel free to experiment and change this to your liking, it is a draft only, I am not forcing this on you or anything like that.

Less expertise = less monsters and weaker variants, more expertise = more monsters and stronger variants.

It would be great if you made a button that would show up for a Druid on the Earth magic spellbook screen that would switch it up.
Later down the pipeline, removing all the spell icons graphics and replacing them with custom ones once the button has been clicked on (changing Earth Magic to Summoning Magic) would be very nice. You might need GrayFace's help with that part, however.

I will add this to the community branch once all Earth spells have a summoning effect for the druid.
wuxiangjinxing wrote: Continent-based summoning is a pretty decent idea. I'm looking foward to Templayer's new list.
Based on the EDIT section of my previous post:

Druid summoning table for the continent of Enroth:
Normal level spells (four slots): MM6 Bats, MM6 Rats, MM6 Suckers, MM6 Spiders
Expert (three slots): Cobras, MM6 Oozes, Agar's Experiments
Master (three slots): MM6 Hydras, MM6 Thunder Lizards, MM6 Sea Serpents
GM spell => random MM6 elementals.

Druid summoning table for the continent of Antagarich:
Normal level spells (four slots): Dragonflies, MM7 Bats, MM7 Rats, MM7 Spiders
Expert (three slots): Trees, Griffins, MM7 Oozes
Master (three slots): Scorpicores, MM7 Behemoths, Flying Sharks :D
GM spell => random MM7 elementals.

Druid summoning table for the continent of Jadame:
Normal level spells (four slots): Wolves, Winged Serpents, Wasps, Boulders
Expert (three slots): MM8 Wyverns, Demolishers, MM8 Thunderbirds
Master (three slots): MM8 Fire Birds (Phoenixes eventually), Basilisks, Dragon Turtles
GM spell => random MM8 elementals.

Druid summoning table for the continent of Breach (CHAOS! Also these shouldn't be mentioned in any descriptors... :P ):
Normal level spells (four slots): MM6 Evil Eyes, MM7 Golems, Crystal Walkers, Ether Knights
Expert (three slots): Angels, MM7 Droids, Fears
Master (three slots): Cacti, Wyrms, MM6 Terminators
GM spell => normal - Fallen Defender, expert - Unicorn King, master - MegaDragon, GM - Q (aka the arrow-sponge! :D )

With the names I am representing all three variations and trying to find the name that best describes the line of monsters.
Due to Druid's limits, the best variation should always be attained at Master, and GM only makes an army of it. (except for the Breach + GM => Q Easter egg)
So normal level of Earth Magic - easiest variation of summoned creature;
Expert Earth Magic - medium variation;
Master Earth Magic - strongest variation;
GM - makes a small army. :)

And I need to back this all up, it took some time and checking to make.
If you can tell me what's the exact name (in Monlist.txt) I can simply add them to the script. But I can hardly figure out, for example, which monster is MM6 Rat by myself.
0-197 = MM8
198-461 = MM7
462-473 = I don't know, maybe unused stuff from MM6 and 7? Haven't checked.
474-647 = MM6
648-651 = Merge

CTRL+F and rat (case insensitively ) - if the index is in the x interval given, it is the MMx version of the rat.
:jester:
Last edited by Templayer on 03 Jan 2020, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 04 Jan 2020, 09:24

Templayer wrote:
Milky1988 wrote:Ah, I was always wishing that, in the same way the character changes appearance for the promotion to Lich from Wizard, the Minotaur would change appearance when he is promoted to Minotaur Lord (I always loved the minotaur lords in the Nighon Tunnels). Would add more depth, somewhat.

Happy New Year also! To a wonderful 2020. ^^
Like, bigger HORNS? :D
SpectralDragon wrote:*PROD*
I TOLD YOU. The HORNS NEED TO BE BIG. :D :D :D
Milky1988 wrote:Omg, YES!! OvO

If only...!
Even if you´d poke me with a hot iron I cannot do anything about that. In order to make a working Minotaur with bigger horns an entirely new race needs to be created that is positioned on the BG in a way that it wouldn´t suffer massive clipping issues with armors and cloaks (like the bottom of the armor being positioned right on his bottom jaw and all). Jamesx tested that on a Minotaur Lich with bigger horns and it just didn˙t work ... and Rodril didn˙t wish to bother with that, thus he added the small-horned one into the game (I hope). By this point it˙s not me, it˙s the coders that don´t want the big-horned Minotaurs to be in the game and I don˙t blame them at all because coding is hard enough as it is (you say you don´t wish to code in free time as well after all), especially with the sea of bugs and glitches plaguing this mod as well as the main leaders of this mod being gone again, potentially for good. :tsdown:

So stop prodding me about that. I won´t do anything about that if coders won´t or can´t do anything about that because I won´t suffer massive clipping issues with armors and cloaks on Minotaurs, they deserve much much better than that. If you wish to take a shot on making a new race of Minotaurs with bigger horns that would act as the promoted versions of their standard race, you already have the Minotaur Lich with bigger horns to have fun with. Until then, leave me alone. :canthear: :canthear: :canthear:
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 04 Jan 2020, 10:34

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Milky1988 wrote:Ah, I was always wishing that, in the same way the character changes appearance for the promotion to Lich from Wizard, the Minotaur would change appearance when he is promoted to Minotaur Lord (I always loved the minotaur lords in the Nighon Tunnels). Would add more depth, somewhat.

Happy New Year also! To a wonderful 2020. ^^
Like, bigger HORNS? :D
SpectralDragon wrote:*PROD*
I TOLD YOU. The HORNS NEED TO BE BIG. :D :D :D
Milky1988 wrote:Omg, YES!! OvO

If only...!
Even if you´d poke me with a hot iron I cannot do anything about that. In order to make a working Minotaur with bigger horns an entirely new race needs to be created that is positioned on the BG in a way that it wouldn´t suffer massive clipping issues with armors and cloaks (like the bottom of the armor being positioned right on his bottom jaw and all). Jamesx tested that on a Minotaur Lich with bigger horns and it just didn˙t work ... and Rodril didn˙t wish to bother with that, thus he added the small-horned one into the game (I hope). By this point it˙s not me, it˙s the coders that don´t want the big-horned Minotaurs to be in the game and I don˙t blame them at all because coding is hard enough as it is (you say you don´t wish to code in free time as well after all), especially with the sea of bugs and glitches plaguing this mod as well as the main leaders of this mod being gone again, potentially for good. :tsdown:

So stop prodding me about that. I won´t do anything about that if coders won´t or can´t do anything about that because I won´t suffer massive clipping issues with armors and cloaks on Minotaurs, they deserve much much better than that. If you wish to take a shot on making a new race of Minotaurs with bigger horns that would act as the promoted versions of their standard race, you already have the Minotaur Lich with bigger horns to have fun with. Until then, leave me alone. :canthear: :canthear: :canthear:
:sadeyes:

Milky1988
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Milky1988 » 04 Jan 2020, 16:24

I... :S

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 04 Jan 2020, 17:04

Almighty_Craft wrote:*HYP*
I've made some more progress on the Merge translation to Czech. Previously I have only translated dialogues for the additional Merge content.

Here are some vanilla Czech translation corrections and some more Merge-specific translations (I'm not finished yet):

LocalizeTables.CZ_2DEvents.txt
A lot of lines in the Enter column read "Enter". If that is what shows as an option / button, it should be "Vstoupit".

374 - Castle of Air should be Vzdušný hrad

1602 + 1604 - Tents instead of Stan

The "Title" column seems to be translated into Czech for a lot of entries, some are however left untranslated
461 -> 469 - Stájnik instead of Stájník (typo)
772 - Wererat Smuggler instead of Krysodlačí Pašerák
774 - Dragon instead of Drak
1274 - Shopkeeper instead of Obchodník
1229 - Obchodníkr instead of Obchodník (typo!)
1442 - Healer instead of Léčitel

A lot fo the "Title" column entries have the first letter small. About half of them. Including otherwise identical ones. I do not know which one is correct. Maybe going through it in some editor and automatically make the first letter in the Title column lowercase or uppercase would solve that.

LocalizeTables.CZ_ItemsTxt.txt
190 - Dimension door - Dimenzionální brána
book - kniha

Potions from 272 to 290
Common parts:
White Potion - Bílý lektvar
Black Potion - Černý lektvar
(To drink, pick the potion up and right-click over a character's portrait.  To mix, pick the potion up and right-click over another potion.) - (Vypití - pravý klik nad portrétem postavy. Míchání s dalším lektvarem - pravý klik nad jiným lektvarem.)
Specific parts:
272	Esence síly	Trvale přidá 15 bodů do síly a ubere 5 bodů z inteligence.
273	Esence inteligence	Trvale přidá 15 bodů do inteligence a ubere 5 bodů ze síly.
274	Esence osobnosti	Trvale přidá 15 bodů do osobnosti a ubere 5 bodů z rychlosti.
275	Esence odolnosti	Trvale přidá 15 bodů do osobnosti a ubere 1 bod ze všech ostatních vlastností.
276	Esence přesnosti	Trvale přidá 15 bodů do přesnosti a ubere 5 bodů ze štěstí.
277	Esence rychlosti	Trvale přidá 15 bodů do rychlosti a ubere 5 bodů z osobnosti.
278	Esence štěstí	Trvale přidá 15 bodů do štěstí a ubere 5 bodů z přesnosti.
279	Lektvar zkázy	Trvale přidá 1 bod do všech sedmi základních vlastnosti za cenu pěti let magického věku.
280	Božské zesílení	Dočasně přidá 3 body do všech sedmi základních vlastností za sílu lektvaru po dobu (30 x síla lektvaru) minut.
281	Božská ochrana	Dočasně zvýší ochranu před ohněm, vzduchem, vodou, zemí, myslí a tělem o 3 body za sílu lektvaru po dobu (30 x síla lektvaru) minut.
282	Božské povznesení	Dočasně zvýší úroveň postavy o 20 úrovní po dobu (30 x síla lektvaru) minut.
283	Lektvar Bohů	Trvale zvýší všech sedm základní vlastností o 20 bodů za cenu 10 let magického věku.
284	Čirá ochrana před ohněm	Trvale navýší ochranu před ohněm o 40 bodů.
285	Čirá ochrana před vzduchem	Trvale navýší ochranu před vzduchem o 40 bodů.
286	Čirá ochrana před vodou	Trvale navýší ochranu před vodou o 40 bodů.
287	Čirá ochrana před zemí	Trvale navýší ochranu před zemí o 40 bodů.
288	Čirá ochrana před myslí	Trvale navýší ochranu před myslí o 40 bodů.
289	Čirá ochrana před tělem	Trvale navýší ochranu před tělem o 40 bodů.
290	Ochrana před magií	Poskytne ochranu před magií (stejné, jako kouzlo) po dobu 30 minut za bod síly lektvaru.

543	Kruh života	Prsten	(Sdílený život, Odolnost + 20) Prsten z obyčejného kovu (z mědi nebo mosazi?), teplý na dotek.

661 has the NotIdentifiedName as Key, shoud be Klíč

663-666 are Merge-specific quest items.
663	Tyč napuštěná kovem	Kovová tyč	Kovová tyčka.
664	Velký kulatý krystal	Kulatý krystal	Velký, hladký a dokonale kulatý krystal.
665	Bludné omotávky	Bludné omotávky	Kusy nahnilé látky.
666	Telelokátor	Telelokátor	Kovová tyčka s hladkým drahokamem navrchu

Bugfix: Indexes 700-731 should have Recept na lektvar as their NotIdentifiedName (currently has copypasted value from the Name column! Basically telling you what they are before they are identified, if you get them from a drop)

The Notes section of the following indexes will be identical to the notes section in 731
751-769	NotIdentifiedName should be Recept na lektvar
751	Recept na lektvar Božského zesílení
752	Recept na lektvar Božské ochrana
753	Recept na lektvar Božského povznesení
754	Recept na lektvar Esence štěstí
755	Recept na lektvar Bohů
756	Recept na lektvar Zkázy
757	Recept na lektvar Čiré ochrany před ohněm
758	Recept na lektvar Čiré ochrany před vzduchem
759	Recept na lektvar Čiré ochrany před vodou
760	Recept na lektvar Čiré ochrany před zemí
761	Recept na lektvar Čiré ochrany před myslí
762	Recept na lektvar Čiré ochrany před tělem
763	Recept na lektvar Esence síly
764	Recept na lektvar Esence inteligence
765	Recept na lektvar Esence osobnosti
766	Recept na lektvar Esence přesnosti
767	Recept na lektvar Esence odolnosti
768	Recept na lektvar Esence rychlosti
769	Recept na lektvar Ochrany před magií

770	Dopis pro VÁS	Dopis	Dopis. Tvé jméno je napsáno na zadní straně. (Dopis přečteš tak, že ho uchopíš a klikneš ním pravým tlačítkem na portrét postavy.)
771	Dopis pro VÁS	Dopis	Dopis. Tvé jméno je napsáno na zadní straně. (Dopis přečteš tak, že ho uchopíš a klikneš ním pravým tlačítkem na portrét postavy.)
772	Dopis pro VÁS	Dopis	Dopis. Tvé jméno je napsáno na zadní straně. (Dopis přečteš tak, že ho uchopíš a klikneš ním pravým tlačítkem na portrét postavy.)

774	Sběratelská soutěž.	Reklama	The Notes section of this should be identical to the notes section in 731

2039 has NotIdentifiedName as Relic instead of Relikvie
2055 has NotIdentifiedName as Horn instead of Roh
2067 has NotIdentifiedName as Ankh instead of Kříž (even though I would argue that the Czech translation of Kříž, which is in the Name column (and means Cross) should actually be Ankh... but then it would have to be fixed everywhere else)
2080 has NotIdentifiedName as Rose instead of Růže

LocalizeTables.CZ_Monsters.txt
ID 605	Kabibal instead of Kanibal (typo!)
ID 649-651	Cactus instead of Kaktus

Also I noticed that the ending text for the bad MM6 ending seems to be written by a little child. Grammar errors and lack of diacritics abound.
Last edited by Templayer on 04 Jan 2020, 20:10, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 04 Jan 2020, 17:06

Milky1988 wrote:I... :S
Well, I've tried. :nervous: :scared: :cry: :ashamed:

Milky1988
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Milky1988 » 05 Jan 2020, 08:41

Trying is enough. ^^ ty

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Jan 2020, 20:48

Templayer wrote:
Almighty_Craft wrote:*HYP*
I've made some more progress on the Merge translation to Czech. Previously I have only translated dialogues for the additional Merge content.

Here are some vanilla Czech translation corrections and some more Merge-specific translations (I'm not finished yet):

*Obsolete*
I've wrapped my corrections and additional translations. Unfortunately there are bugs in the Czech version (index mismatches, I presume) that I would presume would make the game unplayable if the files were used. :(

LocalizeTables.CZ_2DEvents.txt
A lot of lines in the Enter column read "Enter". If that is what shows as an option / button, it should be "Vstoupit".

374 - Castle of Air should be Vzdušný hrad (using the vanilla nomenclature)

1602 + 1604 - Tents instead of Stan

The "Title" column seems to be translated into Czech for a lot of entries, some are however left untranslated
461 -> 469 - Stájnik instead of Stájník (typo)
772 - Wererat Smuggler instead of Krysodlačí Pašerák
774 - Dragon instead of Drak
1274 - Shopkeeper instead of Obchodník
1229 - Obchodníkr instead of Obchodník (typo!)
1442 - Healer instead of Léčitel

A lot fo the "Title" column entries have the first letter small. About half of them. Including otherwise identical ones. I do not know which one is correct. Maybe going through it in some editor and automatically make the first letter in the Title column lowercase or uppercase would solve that.

LocalizeTables.CZ_ItemsTxt.txt
190 - Dimension door - Dimenzionální brána
book - kniha

Potions from 272 to 290
Common parts:
White Potion - Bílý lektvar
Black Potion - Černý lektvar
(To drink, pick the potion up and right-click over a character's portrait.  To mix, pick the potion up and right-click over another potion.) - (Vypití - pravý klik nad portrétem postavy. Míchání s dalším lektvarem - pravý klik nad jiným lektvarem.)
Specific parts:
272	Esence síly	Trvale přidá 15 bodů do síly a ubere 5 bodů z inteligence.
273	Esence inteligence	Trvale přidá 15 bodů do inteligence a ubere 5 bodů ze síly.
274	Esence osobnosti	Trvale přidá 15 bodů do osobnosti a ubere 5 bodů z rychlosti.
275	Esence odolnosti	Trvale přidá 15 bodů do osobnosti a ubere 1 bod ze všech ostatních vlastností.
276	Esence přesnosti	Trvale přidá 15 bodů do přesnosti a ubere 5 bodů ze štěstí.
277	Esence rychlosti	Trvale přidá 15 bodů do rychlosti a ubere 5 bodů z osobnosti.
278	Esence štěstí	Trvale přidá 15 bodů do štěstí a ubere 5 bodů z přesnosti.
279	Lektvar zkázy	Trvale přidá 1 bod do všech sedmi základních vlastnosti za cenu pěti let magického věku.
280	Božské zesílení	Dočasně přidá 3 body do všech sedmi základních vlastností za sílu lektvaru po dobu (30 x síla lektvaru) minut.
281	Božská ochrana	Dočasně zvýší ochranu před ohněm, vzduchem, vodou, zemí, myslí a tělem o 3 body za sílu lektvaru po dobu (30 x síla lektvaru) minut.
282	Božské povznesení	Dočasně zvýší úroveň postavy o 20 úrovní po dobu (30 x síla lektvaru) minut.
283	Lektvar Bohů	Trvale zvýší všech sedm základní vlastností o 20 bodů za cenu 10 let magického věku.
284	Čirá ochrana před ohněm	Trvale navýší ochranu před ohněm o 40 bodů.
285	Čirá ochrana před vzduchem	Trvale navýší ochranu před vzduchem o 40 bodů.
286	Čirá ochrana před vodou	Trvale navýší ochranu před vodou o 40 bodů.
287	Čirá ochrana před zemí	Trvale navýší ochranu před zemí o 40 bodů.
288	Čirá ochrana před myslí	Trvale navýší ochranu před myslí o 40 bodů.
289	Čirá ochrana před tělem	Trvale navýší ochranu před tělem o 40 bodů.
290	Ochrana před magií	Poskytne ochranu před magií (stejné, jako kouzlo) po dobu 30 minut za bod síly lektvaru.

543	Kruh života	Prsten	(Sdílený život, Odolnost + 20) Prsten z obyčejného kovu (z mědi nebo mosazi?), teplý na dotek.

661 has the NotIdentifiedName as Key, shoud be Klíč

663-666 are Merge-specific quest items.
663	Tyč napuštěná kovem	Kovová tyč	Kovová tyčka.
664	Velký kulatý krystal	Kulatý krystal	Velký, hladký a dokonale kulatý krystal.
665	Bludné omotávky	Bludné omotávky	Kusy nahnilé látky.
666	Telelokátor	Telelokátor	Kovová tyčka s hladkým drahokamem navrchu

Bugfix: Indexes 700-731 should have Recept na lektvar as their NotIdentifiedName (currently has copypasted value from the Name column! Basically telling you what they are before they are identified, if you get them from a drop)

The Notes section of the following indexes will be identical to the notes section in 731
751-769	NotIdentifiedName should be Recept na lektvar
751	Recept na lektvar Božského zesílení
752	Recept na lektvar Božské ochrana
753	Recept na lektvar Božského povznesení
754	Recept na lektvar Esence štěstí
755	Recept na lektvar Bohů
756	Recept na lektvar Zkázy
757	Recept na lektvar Čiré ochrany před ohněm
758	Recept na lektvar Čiré ochrany před vzduchem
759	Recept na lektvar Čiré ochrany před vodou
760	Recept na lektvar Čiré ochrany před zemí
761	Recept na lektvar Čiré ochrany před myslí
762	Recept na lektvar Čiré ochrany před tělem
763	Recept na lektvar Esence síly
764	Recept na lektvar Esence inteligence
765	Recept na lektvar Esence osobnosti
766	Recept na lektvar Esence přesnosti
767	Recept na lektvar Esence odolnosti
768	Recept na lektvar Esence rychlosti
769	Recept na lektvar Ochrany před magií

770	Dopis pro VÁS	Dopis	Dopis. Tvé jméno je napsáno na zadní straně. (Dopis přečteš tak, že ho uchopíš a klikneš ním pravým tlačítkem na portrét postavy.)
771	Dopis pro VÁS	Dopis	Dopis. Tvé jméno je napsáno na zadní straně. (Dopis přečteš tak, že ho uchopíš a klikneš ním pravým tlačítkem na portrét postavy.)
772	Dopis pro VÁS	Dopis	Dopis. Tvé jméno je napsáno na zadní straně. (Dopis přečteš tak, že ho uchopíš a klikneš ním pravým tlačítkem na portrét postavy.)

774	Sběratelská soutěž.	Reklama	The Notes section of this should be identical to the notes section in 731

2039 has NotIdentifiedName as Relic instead of Relikvie
2055 has NotIdentifiedName as Horn instead of Roh
2067 has NotIdentifiedName as Ankh instead of Kříž (even though I would argue that the Czech translation of Kříž, which is in the Name column (and means Cross) should actually be Ankh... but then it would have to be fixed everywhere else)
2080 has NotIdentifiedName as Rose instead of Růže

LocalizeTables.CZ_Monsters.txt
ID 605	Kabibal instead of Kanibal (typo!)
ID 649-651	Cactus instead of Kaktus

Lose.STR 

seems to be VERY badly written overall.

Znicení vetreleckého reaktoru vyustilo ve smrt vsech démonu v Království. Bohuzel, podivné technologie pouzité ke stavbě reaktoru zpusobily zetezovou reakci, která nakonec znicila celý svet. Mozná by slo reakci odstínit, kdybys pouzil Rituál prázdnoty, tak jak ti radilo Orákulum. 
|
V
Zničení vetřeleckého reaktoru vyústilo ve smrt všech démonů v Království. Bohužel, podivné technologie použité ke stavbě reaktoru způsobily řetězovou reakci, která nakonec zničila celý svět. Možná by šlo reakci odstínit, kdybys použil Rituál prázdnoty, tak jak ti radilo Orákulum. 

Actually if this was done on purpose, there might have been an issue with a font. I can edit fonts if it is needed. :)

7Out03.STR
Nemoc byla vyléčená should be Nemoc byla vyléčena (typo!)

Autonote.txt
Is missing a lot of the MM6-8 Czech vanilla translations. I do not know if I should try translating them myself. If somebody gives me such a list in English I can "reindex" those for the Merge (i.e. copypaste the Czech vanilla translations into the Merge-based indexed column values). The same applies to Quests.txt

Also the autonote information for Merge-specific potions is not translated, can be translated purely based on my translations before in this file.

Credits.txt
_na češtině spolupracovali:
Mikdecin, Leviathan, Lucky, Sith
 |
V
_na češtině spolupracovali:
Mikdecin, Leviathan, Lucky, Sith, Templayer

Also probably adding Merge Credits to the end would be very cool. They are available at the Tracker. Pretty much copy pasting should work.

Global.txt
444 is Ooops! and should be Hups!

LWSPIRAL.STR
Jak se dotýkáš zdi, tvá ruka mírně vlhne. V mysli ti vytanou poklidné vody horského jezera.
vytanou -> vyvstanou (or probably more ideally vyvstávají, given the context. Anyway, the original has a typo. Also it is in the file twice)

MapStats.txt
202	Devil Outpost -> Výspa ďáblů (vanilla nomenclature for Outpost was used)
204&205	The Breach -> Trhlina
206	Basement of the Breach -> Sklepení Trhliny

npcgreet.txt
323	Hey! Hey, you! Halt, I must speak with you for a spell. It’s a matter of an utmost importance. Though even ‘utmost’ can’t convey just how important the matter is.  *The woman glances you over with a firm frown forming on her brow*  How are you doing, by the way? Any sudden pains? Feeling strangely empty inside? Nothing? Well, that’s a relief, I have to say. Though I was pretty sure I had the hang of it by now. Third time’s the charm, aye?	Hey! Halt, I must speak with you for a spell. It’s a matter of an utmost importance.
->
Hej! Hej, vy! Stůjte, musím si s váma na kouzlíčko promluvit. Je to záležitost nejvyšší důležitosti. Přestože "nejvyšší" nedokáže pokrýt jak důležitá ta záležitost je. *Žena na vás pohlédla, přičemž se začala v obočí zatvrzele mračit* Jen tak mimochodem, jak se daří? Žádné nenadálé bolesti? Necítíte se uvnitř podivně prázdní? Nic? No, to je úleva, abych tak řekla. Přestože jsem si byla už docela jistá, že jsem to už zmákla. Napotřetí všeho nejlepšího, že jo?	Hej! Stůjte, musím si s váma na kouzlíčko promluvit. Je to záležitost nejvyšší důležitosti.
324	Oh my, I'm so relieved to see you here! Something possibly terrible is afoot! Yes, I know, you've saved the world three times, but that means there's nobody else who can match you in skill and cunning, and boy, do we need skill and cunning! Possibly. Almost for certain, really.	Hey, how's the expedition going?
->
Páni, je to taková úleva vás tady vidět! Něco dost možná strašného se blíží! Ano, vím, že jste zachránili natřikrát svět, ale to znamená, že neexistuje nikdo, kdo by se vám mohl postavit v umu a mazanosti! Možná. Jsem si skoro jistá, fakt.	Hej, jak se daří expedici?
325	Pew pew pew! It looked easier than dealing with pesky goblins. But am I glad the Devil Queen is down! *Verdant shivers*. Disgusting thing. How did it smell? I don’t get full sensory experiences when using the spectator spells.  It’s nice we get to see the slow rebuilding of the village of Sweet Water now. To have a place with such a name evoke fear in the people that hear it, it doesn’t sit well with me.  And since we’re talking about things that don’t sit well with me, same can be said about you being knighted by a little boy you’ve had to fetch from the circus. I will never understand politics. Ever. In my eyes – you’re the world’s true royalty, and my chronicle will be sure to reflect that! Objectively, of course. Oh, and this little thing is for you as well. So you don’t think I’m being lazy over here letting you do all the work.	Hey, how's the expedition going?
->
Pjů, pjů, pjů! Vypadalo to snadněji, než se vypořádávat s těma otravnejma goblinama. Ale jsem ráda, že Královna Ďáblů šla k zemi! *Verdant se otřásla*. Nechutná věc. Jak smrděla? Nemám úplné smyslové zážitky, když používám sledovací kouzla. Je pěkné, že se teď budeme moct dívat na rekonstrukci Dobré Vody. Podle mě není správné, že místo s takovým názvem vyvolává v lidech strach. A když už se bavíme o věcech, které podle mě nejsou správné, tak to samé se dá říci o tom být povýšen do rytířského stavu malým klukem, kterého jste museli vyzvednout v cirkusu. Nikdy nepochopím politiku. Nikdy. V mých očích jste opravdu urozenými na tomto světě vy a má kronika na to hodlá brát ohled! Objektivně, samozřejmě. Och, a tahle malá věc je pro vás taky. Abyste si nemysleli, že se tu válím zatímco vy děláte veškerou práci.	Hej, jak se daří expedici?
326	You’ve done it! I am… amazed. *Verdant is visibly trying to keep her composure, though it’s fair to assume she’d try at least poke your face to get a touch of heroism.* It can’t have been easy, I shudder at the mere thought of diving deep underwater with suits of this era… That sounds absolutely insane. Really? Not that terrifying? Guess that’s why you’re the heroes and I’m the hero-remover. Hehe. The consortium doesn’t know yet about the things that have transpired here. Thank goodness they’re usually pretty confused about what’s going on and where. But with your abilities, soon there will be nothing to know about. Or at least nothing to know about in fury. Thank you, on my behalf, and on the behalf of the people of Antagrich.  What did Katherine do in the meanwhile, huh? Aside of bossing you around and stirring trouble with that Elven King. You should be the one patting her on shoulder and telling her good job on the paperwork. Here, I’ve made something for you. I hope you find it useful.	Hey, how's the expedition going?
->
Dokázali jste to! Jsem... ohromena. *Verdant se viditelně snaží ovládat, ale dalo by se předpokládat, že by se ráda alespoň pokusila dotknout vašich obličejů, aby získala dotek hrdinství.* Nemohlo to být snadné, jen se třesu při pomyšlení na hlubinné potápění pod hladinu s obleky tohoto věku... Zní to absolutně šíleně. Opravdu? Nebylo to tak strašné? Řekla bych, že asi proto jste vy hrdinové a já jsem odstraňovatelkou hrdinů. Hehe. Asociace ještě neví o věcech, které se zde odehrály. Naštěstí jsou většinou velice zmatení o tom, co se děje a kde se to děje. Ale s vašimi schopnostmi brzy nebudou mít o čem vědět. Nebo alespoň nic, o čem by se mohli dozvědět při záchvatu vzteku. Děkuji vám za sebe a za lid Antagarichu. Co mezitím dělala Catherine? Kromě toho, že vás buzerovala a dělala potíže s tím Elfím Králem. To vy byste měli být ti, kdo jí poklepe na rameno a řekne jí, že v papírování odvedla dobrou práci. Tady, udělala jsem pro vás něco. Doufám, že to shledáte užitečným.	Hej, jak se daří expedici?

Also the English version has a typo in 326 - Antagrich instead of Antagarich. Also Katherine instead of Catherine.

327	Hey! Congratulations! That was a true show of power. Though I have to say, I felt a little sad watching Escaton die. There was something affable about the fella, something tragic to his story, don’t you think?  But I am glad to see our Elemental Lord friends back in their happy little dimensions. They’re kind of like your friendly neighborhood wild animals, breaks my heart to see them suffer. Don’t scowl at me, I absolutely love animals so it’s definitely a compliment! Only shame the crystal is gone. I was meaning to chip some off it for jewelry purposes, but I didn’t get around to it in time. Oh well, maybe in the next iteration, right? I’ve made a little something for you. Infused with love and adoration!	Hey, how's the expedition going? 
->
Hej! Gratuluji! To byla opravdová ukázka síly. Přesto ale musím podotknout, že mi bylo docela smutno, když jsem viděla Escatona umírat. Na tom borci bylo něco laskavého, něco tragického v jeho příběhu, nemyslíte? Ale ráda vidím, že jsou naši Živelní Pánové zpátky ve svých štastných malých dimenzích. Jsou něco jako přátelská sousední divoká zvířátka, lámalo mi srdce je vidět trpět. Nedívejte se na mě tak, já naprosto zbožňuju zvířatka, takže je to zřejmej kompliment! Jen je škoda, že je krystal pryč. Chtěla jsem si ho kousek uždibnout za šperkařskýma účelama, ale nedostala jsem se k tomu včas. Co naplat, možná v další iteraci cyklu, že ano? Něco malého jsem pro vás udělala. Je to naplněné zbožnou láskou a respektem!	Hej, jak se daří expedici?
328	Hey, how's the expedition going? 	Hey, how's the expedition going?
->
Hej, jak se daří expedici?	Hej, jak se daří expedici?
329	Hey! Got my letter? I must speak with you. It’s a matter of an utmost importance. Though even ‘utmost’ can’t convey just how important the matter is.  *The woman glances you over with a firm frown forming on her brow*  How are you doing, by the way? Any sudden pains? Feeling strangely empty inside? Nothing? Well, that’s a relief, I have to say. Though I was pretty sure I had the hang of it by now. Third time’s the charm, aye?	Hey, how's the expedition going?
->
Hej! Dostali jste můj dopis? Stůjte, musím si s váma promluvit. Je to záležitost nejvyšší důležitosti. Přestože "nejvyšší" nedokáže pokrýt jak důležitá ta záležitost je. *Žena na vás pohlédla, přičemž se začala v obočí zatvrzele mračit* Jen tak mimochodem, jak se daří? Žádné nenadálé bolesti? Necítíte se uvnitř podivně prázdní? Nic? No, to je úleva, abych tak řekla. Přestože jsem si byla už docela jistá, že jsem to už zmákla. Napotřetí všeho nejlepšího, že jo?	Hej, jak se daří expedici?
330	Hey, you are here. Well, you need this letter to jump on path of previous heroes... You're a bunch of happy kids saved by a nice warlock fellow, spent your lives training, now all grown up and ready to roll. No need for a heavy roleplay, just don't be jerks. Go around, slap some goblins, squash a spider or two, poke a devil. Umm... I mean, an apprentice wizard, yes. No devils anywhere, forget the devils. I don't think I should be telling you things about your future. Well, their future. But also your future now. You know what I mean.	Hey, how's the expedition going?
->
Hej, jste zde. No, budete potřebovat tento dopis, abyste naskočili na cestu předchozích hrdinů...
Jste děckama co měly štěstí, zachráněnýma hodným černokněžníkem, strávili jste celé své životy výcvikem a teď, když jste dospělí, jste připravení vyrazit. Není zapotřebí si moc hrát na role, stačí nebejt šmejdi. Pobíhejte kolem, nafackujte nějakým skřetům, rozmázněte jednoho nebo dva pavouky a píchněte si do ďábla. No... tím jsem chtěla říct učedníka čaroděje, ano. Nikde žádní ďáblové, zapomeňte na ďábly. Nemyslím si, že bych vám měla říkat o vaší budoucnosti. No, jejich budoucnosti. Ale teď i vaší budoucnosti. Víte co myslím.	Hej, jak se daří expedici?
331	*Suddenly Verdant appears from behind* Boo! You've passed time! Town, people around, can you believe they are older than you or have not even born at the point of "your real time", how it feels? Don't tell me, I have something for you - Connector Gem.	Hey, how's the expedition going?
->
*Za vámi se z čista jasna objevila Verdant* Baf! Uplynul vám čas! Městečko, lidé kolem, dokážete si představit, že jsou nyní starší než vy nebo se ani nenarodili v momentě "vašeho skutečného času"? Jaký z toho máte pocit? Neříkejte mi to, něco pro vás mám - Spojovací Drahokam.	Hej, jak se daří expedici?
332	(The boy runs up to you)  Hey! My lords! Great competition going to happen very soon!  (Putting paper in your hands, he runs away)
->
(Doběhl k vám klučina)  Hej! Mí pánové! Brzy nadejde čas velké soutěže!  (Strčil vám papír do rukou a utekl)

NPCTopic.txt
1779	A Little Something - Něco malého
1780	Your Task - Váš úděl
1781	Time Travel Guide - Průvodce cestováním v čase
1785	Something terrible - Něco strašného
1786	The Controlled Breach - Řízená Trhlina
1787	What's next? - Co dále?
1788	Connector gem - Spojovací drahokam
1789	Join! - Přidej se!	
1790	Riddle - Hádanka
1791	Riddle? - Hádanka?
1792	Come with me - Pojď se mnou
1793	Friend! - Příteli!
1794	Runaway Chaos - Uniklý Chaos

Quests.txt
1712	Mysterious woman asked you to travel in time and fulfill destinies of other heroes. Well...
->
Záhadná žena vás požádala, abyste procestovali časem a naplnili osudy jiných hrdinů. No...
1713	Enter The Controlled Breach, find Runaway Chaos and bring it to the Uneasy Origin Matter.
-> Vstupte do Řízené Trhliny, najděte Uniklý Chaos a doneste jej do Neklidné Původní Hmoty.
1714	Find your friends. -> Najděte své přátele.
1715	Find entrance to the main Breach structure. -> Najděte vstup do hlavní struktury Trhliny.

scroll.txt
772	Hello, adventurers.  I have an offer for you, which would eclipse the fate of any hero! Meet me in Abdul's Resort in Dragonsand. Won't trust more details to paper. I will be near pedestal there *any time* you will decide to come, but even it is against code of our organization, I plead, do not delay too long.  V.
->
Zdravím vás, dobrodruzi. Mám pro vás nabídku, která by zastínila osud jakéhokoliv hrdiny! Setkejte se se mnou u Abdulova Letoviska v Dračích Píscích. Víc toho na papír nesvěřím. Budu tam poblíž podstavce *kdykoliv* se tam rozhodnete přijít, přestože je to proti kodexu naší organizace. Prosím vás, abyste příliš neotáleli. V.
774	Fellow journeman!  Noble Lord Markham organizes a grandiose match on the Emerald island! Take your chance to enter the pantheon of the nobles, winning the right to rule the famous castle Harmondale and all it's neighborhoods!  Boats from Steadwick shipping Emerald Island each wednesday, while contest is on the way.
->
Drazí dobrodruzi!  Vznešený Lord Markham zorganizoval velezápas na Smaragdovém Ostrově! Nepřijděte o svou šanci vstoupit do pantheonu šlechty vyhráním práva vládnout slavnému hradu Harmondale a všech jeho sousedních zemí!  Lodě odplouvají ze Steadwicku na Smaragdový Ostrov každou středu a to po dobu trvání soutěže.

SPCITEMS.TXT
Throws sparks into enemy.	of Sparks	
Hodí na nepřítele jiskry.	Jisker

Trans.txt
Are indexes 148-166 used? If not, there is no reason for me bothering with translating them
373 and 374 seems to be duplicate - one Czech and one in English
375 should be Hrobka pocty instead of Hrobka cti (that would be the Tomb of Honor, not the Tribute Tomb)

There also seem to be cases where there is both Czech and English (the same lines), but with different IDs. I do not know how to deal with that / which ID is proper and if it breaks stuff.

Also the indexing seems to be broken for some stuff:
(MapStats.txt)
181	Stoky Svobodného přístavu	cd2.blv	
182	Hrobka VARN	cd3.blv
183	Orákulum Enrothu	sewer.blv
184	Kontrolní centrum	pyramid.blv
185	Úl	oracle.blv
186	Aréna	sci-fi.blv
187	Dračí doupě	hive.blv	0	

Orákulum Enrothu -> oracle.blv instead of sewer.blv
Úl should be hive.blv,
... a lot of those.

Placemon.txt
110	guard - stráž
111	Cleric of Baa - Klerik Baa
112	High Priest of Baa - Velekněz Baa
114	Super Vampire - Veleupír
118	Mega-Dragon - Megadrak
119	Robert the Wise - Robert Moudrý

Also judging by this file - it contains specific names for monsters, like for example bosses. But a lot of them (Lurch, etc.) are missing, which has been reported multiple times as a bug (bosses not having their names, etc.).

Rodril wrote: :gking2:
About two days worth of work going through a LOT of lines in the LOD.

Direct download:
http://www.templayer.cz/storage/MMMerge ... lation.txt

Uložto indirect download:
https://ulozto.net/file/AVxpDU54foUJ/mm ... lation-txt

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Jan 2020, 21:02

Jaojin wrote:
Templayer wrote:Some anonymous google user added a possible solution to a report by Jaojin.
Full disclosure. When I went through the castle the first time I did it invisible (to get the memory crystal). When I went back I had to kill the lich king, and high difficulty + considerable number of enemies + dispel magic and shrapmetal meant I would have to work my way there, so I went about methodically cleaning it out. When I first starting seeing the error, I thought: "Maybe if I unload the area and come back invisible they won't spawn specters and cause an overflow." Error occurred regardless. To verify I just went back there in my current save (a month or two later igt) invisible, through the front door, and still get the error occurring in the same place.

Invisible will let you complete the quest... so long as your not already F*ed.

I wonder if I kill some of the beholders on the sides of the castle if that will create some space for the other enemies... or is this irrelevant?
Info added to your original report.
If the numerical overflow (if that is what is happening) happens after you get close and isn't already stored somewhere, then it might. I have only very rudimentary knowledge about how this "might" work, and I haven't checked the code for whatever is happening there, so... :devious:
wuxiangjinxing wrote:Thank you all for your suggestions. I finally used a pretty simple way to do the work.

Here is summon mod v2. Now we can do summoning for all kinds of earth spells.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vg5Syo ... sp=sharing

In the current mod, you need to keep Ctrl pressed if you want to summon with earth spells. (I did not test much for how long you should keep pressing Ctrl, but I would suggest you start pressing when you select the spell in your spellbook, and you can release it after you start summoning). Without pressing Ctrl you can still cast the vanilla earth spell.

The current monsters being summoned might not be well balanced. I'm going to change that based on some suggestions in this thread. But for now please help me test for bugs and glitches. Any other suggestions will be very appreciated.
You still haven't answered some of the questions that I have asked of you.
Also feel free to create a Merge Request on GitLab and I will check your modifications out, report anything weird and if everything is OK, I will Merge it to the Community Branch.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Jan 2020, 21:11

Milky1988 wrote:Trying is enough. ^^ ty
I wish this was how it worked back at the first university I've attended.
High Voltage Electrical Engineering. Dropped from there and got myself a degree in Ecology instead. F*ck you, math! :D :D :D

And in the end, I've ended up as a programmer. Which makes more money, actually. And something I haven't studied, really. So f*ck the schools as well! :D :D :D :D

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 07 Jan 2020, 10:42

There are some special monsters such as "Agar", "Ethric", "Q" in MM6. The string "Ethric", for example, is kept in d14.dlv (Tomb of Ethric map data) file. But in MMMerge, 6d14.dlv does not hold the string "Ethric", and I can't find anywhere else. Does anyone know where those special monsters' names are hold? Or they are all lost in MMMerge?

Localization files of several languages are available in the original post and it is said that "These localizations were made mostly automatically". Does anyone have the script or anything to automatically generate all localization files? Imagine that I have a non-English language's MM6, 7, 8 files, as well as localized LocalizeTables.NPCText.txt (it's posted in the original post, looks like it's a list of new strings existing exclusively in MMMerge), and I'd like to automatically generate localization files from those files. If such thing doesn't exist, I think I'll write a script to do that. Ideally it'll allow user to set the preferences (if MM7 and 8 translations for a string are different, the preferences help decide which should be used) and fully automatize the localization.

I'm working on localizing MMMerge into Simplified Chinese (once it's done, it'll allow MMMerge as well as GrayFace MM6,7,8 to be localized into Simplified, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean). I've made a Python script to programmatically generate .fnt (MM678 and H3's font file) from common font files using different character encoding (Yes I know .fnt editors exist but they are not able to deal with any encoding other than cp1252, or to do some other specific jobs). Disassembling and supporting double-byte encoding are hard but I think I've had some breakthrough.

Lucius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucius » 07 Jan 2020, 12:34

Jump spell is very weak compared to vanilla games. I cannot jump into many places which could have been reached in vanilla mm6.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 07 Jan 2020, 17:24

tomchen1989 wrote:There are some special monsters such as "Agar", "Ethric", "Q" in MM6. The string "Ethric", for example, is kept in d14.dlv (Tomb of Ethric map data) file. But in MMMerge, 6d14.dlv does not hold the string "Ethric", and I can't find anywhere else. Does anyone know where those special monsters' names are hold? Or they are all lost in MMMerge?

Localization files of several languages are available in the original post and it is said that "These localizations were made mostly automatically". Does anyone have the script or anything to automatically generate all localization files? Imagine that I have a non-English language's MM6, 7, 8 files, as well as localized LocalizeTables.NPCText.txt (it's posted in the original post, looks like it's a list of new strings existing exclusively in MMMerge), and I'd like to automatically generate localization files from those files. If such thing doesn't exist, I think I'll write a script to do that. Ideally it'll allow user to set the preferences (if MM7 and 8 translations for a string are different, the preferences help decide which should be used) and fully automatize the localization.

I'm working on localizing MMMerge into Simplified Chinese (once it's done, it'll allow MMMerge as well as GrayFace MM6,7,8 to be localized into Simplified, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean). I've made a Python script to programmatically generate .fnt (MM678 and H3's font file) from common font files using different character encoding (Yes I know .fnt editors exist but they are not able to deal with any encoding other than cp1252, or to do some other specific jobs). Disassembling and supporting double-byte encoding are hard but I think I've had some breakthrough.
I just recently finished corrections and Merge-specific translations for Czech, like two days ago, so you are in luck in that regard.

Answers:
1. For me those are in 01 LocCZ.EnglishT.lod (i.e. the Czech variant of the EnglishT.lod for me) -> Placemon.txt
Those are all the specific name strings for placed monsters. Or should be. The Czech version is missing a lot of them, and people reported some boss monsters not having proper names, instead having the names of the entities they were derived from. So I presume the same about the English one.

#	Name
1	Blackwell Cooper
2	Jeric Whistlebone
3	Ochočený drak drakobijců
4	Admirál Nelson
5	Kapitán Zyrain
6	Admirál Clausewitz
7	Král jednorožců
8	Ještěrčí pozorovatel
9	Ještěrčí pozorovatel
10	Stráž
11	Vůdce skupiny
12	Zog
13	gamegurl
14	DaveO
15	Steve Jaqvaar
16	HodgePodge
17	Elara
18	Ribannah
19	TenErnieFord
20	Cool Jerk
21	Chlala
22	kyberkisu
23	Just_A_Brain
24	Lord Kilburn
25	Král Louise
26	Guthwulf
27	Adam McCarthy
28	Alex Sherman
29	Andrew Grumm
30	Anna Wooll
31	April Lee
32	Benjamin Bent
33	Bill Nesemeier
34	Bill Stoneham
35	Bob Young
36	Bonnie Long-Hemsath
37	Brian DeMetz
38	Brian Kemper
39	Bryan Farina
40	Carl Pinder
41	Charles Zilm
42	Chris Bates
43	Chris Miller
44	Christian Vanover
45	Chuck Russom
46	Dave Botan
47	David Mullich
48	David Richey
49	David Vela
50	Dean Gibson
51	Devin Chapman
52	Edward Hudson
53	Ernie Gallardo
54	Eric Williamson
55	Fernando Castillo
56	George Almond
57	George Ruof
58	Gus Smedstad 
59	Ian Bullard
60	Jack Russell
61	James Dickinson
62	Jeff Bigman
63	Jeff Blattner
64	Jeff Leggett
65	Jennifer Bullard
66	Joe McGuffin
67	Joel Kelly
68	John Gibson
69	John Krause
70	John Machin (Mac)
71	John Slowsky
72	Jon Van Caneghem
73	Joseph Buron
74	Julia Ulano
75	Karl Drown
76	Kate Vanover
77	Keith Francart
78	Keith Talanay
79	Ken Spencer
80	Ken Thomson
81	Kurt McKeever
82	Lisa Whitman
83	Lou Henderson
84	Marcus Pregent
85	Mary Ellen Babson
86	Mark Caldwell
87	Mark Miller
88	Michael Wolf
89	Nicco Wargon
90	Nowa Morisaku
91	Paul Rattner
92	Pete Ryu
93	Phelan Sykes
94	Rebecca Christel
95	Riki Corredera
96	Ryan Den
97	Scott White
98	Steve Jasper
99	Steve Wasaff
100	Tim Lang
101	Todd Smailes
102	Tom Ono
103	Tom Zeliff
104	Tony Evans
105	Tracy Iwata
106	Walter Johnson
107	Yaardrake
108	Starý Loeb
109	Ilsingore
110	guard
111	Cleric of Baa
112	High Priest of Baa
113	Morcarack
114	Super Vampire
115	Xenofex
116	William Setag
117	Wromthrax
118	Mega-Dragon
119	Robert the Wise
120	Tolberti
121	Grognard
122	Hairbaugh
123	Q
124	Placeholder
125	Placeholder
2. We do not have the scripts. Rodril made those merges, and he hasn't shared what he has done, etc. He tends to be away for extended periods of time. Last time he went here he said he won't be in here for a long while, but he is currently working on an alternate AI for the game that you could enable - no more enemies getting stuck on fences, dungeon corners, etc. Also for the Czech version there are quite a few duplicates and some ID mismatches, so I presume the Czech version is quite broken at the moment.

3. I wish GrayFace would support things like Unicode and UTF-8 more, I've run into problems with that while trying to make a Czech version of the TxtEdit (Text Table Editor). Also the BAD ending for MM6 in Czech is without diacritics, and I presume it is because the font used doesn't support it. I mean it is in the files, I haven't actually modified that and checked in-game, since I do not have the time to play the game at all. If I could ask, since you are already doing something like it, would you be able to modify the bad ending font so that it would support Czech diacritics? Namely these: ěščřžýáíéúůťóďň (and their upper-case variants as well) - all of those are VERY important for the language, unless I am to simulate the writing of a child. :creative:
Last edited by Templayer on 07 Jan 2020, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 07 Jan 2020, 17:39

Lucius wrote:Jump spell is very weak compared to vanilla games. I cannot jump into many places which could have been reached in vanilla mm6.
I did some googling:
"I believe jump height is partially changed by the CPU in your computer, which is why modern computers won't let you jump as high.
Greyface fixes a lot of those CPU-specific bugs."
"The Greyface patch worked ... thanks, all."
"Another solution is to use jump SCROLLS - for some reason, these give you a small boost in height. This has been an issue since the game first came out (the wasp nest) and the workaround has always been to use the scroll version of the spells."
"Quickspell is good; the only fact I do remember from this. Try different movement speeds; walking or running. Try and not move at all while ascending, then move forward around the peak of the jump."
"If my memory serves me, then Jump as quickspell and running before jumping was key... and of course quite some practice with the timing."
"You can go to the exit point and look up at the exit then hit the space bar and it will allow you to enter just like a door. No need to jump. Then just work the hive in reverse. Good luck!"

I wonder if in some of the more recent versions of the GrayFace Patch this jumping height being bound to CPU fix broke?

Hmm. Maybe I found the culprit?
New in version 2.1:
"[-] Jumping height reduced a bit, because the party started jumping too high after movement rounding fix. Also, "FixMovement=0" hidden option added that returns vanilla movement."

Try putting FixMovement=0 into mm8.ini in the Merge installation folder and report back.

Return to “Might and Magic”