Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Dec 2019, 14:57

justl wrote:and now for something completly different ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk-kQSz-Qv0 )

best of wishes for you and your kin. have a happy slide into new year (best without injuries)
I am going to die by over-eating. Goodbye, cruel world! :D :D :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Dec 2019, 15:00

Jaojin wrote:Bug with Cycle of Life (ring received from Verdant after completing one of the main questlines). Shared life effect persists even when removing the ring, and there are some strange interactions with Ethric's Staff. This one is going to take some explaining.

I have a goblin with Ethric's Staff (and enough regeneration to counter it's HP drain), equipped with cycle of life to a lich and a dragon. Lich and goblin HP ~300, Dragon ~1200. The dragon had regeneration skill and about 4 magical regeneration items and was losing about 120 hp a tick at max health decreasing in health lost until it got to about 400 health at which point it stopped losing health. Removing the Cycle of Life did not stop the loss of HP, removing the staff from the goblin stopped the loss of HP regardless of whether the ring was worn, same with killing the goblin. Removing the ring from the goblin did not stop the loss of HP (so long as the link was established beforehand). The lich never lost any HP, but that could be due to the fact their HP is nearly identical (the Lich has no HP regen). Tried this with another high HP character (lich/goblin + elf@800) and the elf would lose HP same as the dragon. In the pursuit of science, I removed all the HP regen from the goblin, wounded it, and tested to see if the Lich would decrease HP. The goblin instead went back to full (because of the dragon's high HP, I assume). Waiting for an hour and now the dragon/elf stop losing HP at ~600 rather than 400, and will fluctuate between ~50 HP. Re-equipping the goblin with HP regen equipment and the dragon/elf start losing health til they get to around 400.

Now, I am not entirely sure how the mechanics of Ethric's Staff work but it never seemed to effect Lichs in the first place. Shared Life always seemed a little wonky to me (sometimes decreasing high HP characters by inordinate amounts).
Jaojin wrote:Also: This is in regard to the bug where Archibald telepathically contacts the characters upon arriving in Eeofol regardless of whether they have progressed that far in the story (gives the player a blaster and asks them to free Roland). Turns out, if you wait 2 years before doing this quest it will prevent you from ever finishing the storyline, even if you don't enter the Hive. After 2 years, Roland will no longer be in the cage, and since you cannot open the path to Xenofex without freeing Roland first (and cannot get the key to open his door) there is no way to finish "Strike the Devils". My hypothesis is that Archibald triggers the interior of the Hive during that interaction by adding Roland to the cage, and if the dungeon resets, then it is restored to pre-archibald interaction. Backtracking a few months (December of the previous year) found Roland in the cage where he should be. It would make sense to have a version of the Hive where the players could never free Roland and reach Xenofex if they had not yet gotten to "Strike the Devils" due to the cutscene after leaving the Hive only having relevance after "Kill Robert the Wise" (the Pit coup sends Archibald and a handful of necromancers to Clanker's Lab, where they permit him to stay in exile).
I've added both to the Bug Tracker.

Jaojin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jaojin » 25 Dec 2019, 16:09

raekuul wrote:
Jaojin wrote:Delaying entering Eofol for two or more years breaks the quest chain
For clarification, is this two years after entering Eofol for the first time, or is this entering Eofol for the first time in that game after two years have already passed?
Two years after entering Eeofol for the first time. IE: trigger the archibald conversation + wait 2 years = quest broken.

Jaojin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jaojin » 25 Dec 2019, 16:15

Jaojin wrote:Bug with Cycle of Life (ring received from Verdant after completing one of the main questlines). Shared life effect persists even when removing the ring, and there are some strange interactions with Ethric's Staff. This one is going to take some explaining. **Wall of Text**
Update: Seems that it is not isolated to Ethric's Staff. I had to backtrack a bit, but testing the ring on Lich + Elf + Dragon = HP drain on the Dragon, - 234 at max hp. Probably that funky thing I mentioned where shared life doesn't seem to distribute hp correctly when one unit has a dramatically larger hp pool, or could be something else.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Dec 2019, 18:08

Jaojin wrote:
raekuul wrote:
Jaojin wrote:Delaying entering Eofol for two or more years breaks the quest chain
For clarification, is this two years after entering Eofol for the first time, or is this entering Eofol for the first time in that game after two years have already passed?
Two years after entering Eeofol for the first time. IE: trigger the archibald conversation + wait 2 years = quest broken.
Jaojin wrote:
Jaojin wrote:Bug with Cycle of Life (ring received from Verdant after completing one of the main questlines). Shared life effect persists even when removing the ring, and there are some strange interactions with Ethric's Staff. This one is going to take some explaining. **Wall of Text**
Update: Seems that it is not isolated to Ethric's Staff. I had to backtrack a bit, but testing the ring on Lich + Elf + Dragon = HP drain on the Dragon, - 234 at max hp. Probably that funky thing I mentioned where shared life doesn't seem to distribute hp correctly when one unit has a dramatically larger hp pool, or could be something else.
I've updated the original reports on the Bug Tracker with new information.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 25 Dec 2019, 19:49

Hi there, is that a big bug with gate master follower of enroth. All the time I use the spell from him/her it will lead to funny visual or sometimes just did not work at all.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Dec 2019, 20:24

phamlongtuan wrote:Hi there, is that a big bug with gate master follower of enroth. All the time I use the spell from him/her it will lead to funny visual or sometimes just did not work at all.
Please show us the "funny visual".
There are some problems with it not working sometimes, but you are the first one saying anything about something visual.
If you want to share it quickly, just get the picture you want to share to your clipboard (for example by pushing PrintScreen), go to http://www.imgur.com, mash CTRL+V and after the post is created, click on Share and copy-paste the BBForum code into the Post a reply screen here on the forum.
Last edited by Templayer on 25 Dec 2019, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

Jaojin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jaojin » 26 Dec 2019, 02:08

Encountered this Error in Castle Darkmoor in the room right before the Lich King. I was taking my time and reanimating/Control Undead on the specters (I assume the lichs are creating). Just as I clear out the room before the LK, several more lichs spawn in and flooding me with this error. Now, anytime I approach that room I get the popup debug console.

Code: Select all

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:14: array index (-276077.43209877) out of bounds [0, 501]

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1342: in function '__index'
	D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:14: in function 'GetMonster'
	D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:405: in function <D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:404>
	[C]: in function 'pcall'
	Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1653: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1650>
	[C]: in function 'call'
	D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\Global\Editor Navigate.lua:209: in function <D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\Global\Editor Navigate.lua:184>

arguments of 'GetMonster':
	p = 5363952

local variables of 'GetMonster':
	i = -276077.43209877
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x106707f0)
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x12dcfa30)
	(*temporary) = 1.5342710579532e-286
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 26 Dec 2019, 13:47

Jaojin wrote:Encountered this Error in Castle Darkmoor in the room right before the Lich King. I was taking my time and reanimating/Control Undead on the specters (I assume the lichs are creating). Just as I clear out the room before the LK, several more lichs spawn in and flooding me with this error. Now, anytime I approach that room I get the popup debug console.

Code: Select all

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:14: array index (-276077.43209877) out of bounds [0, 501]

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1342: in function '__index'
	D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:14: in function 'GetMonster'
	D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:405: in function <D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:404>
	[C]: in function 'call'
	D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\Global\Editor Navigate.lua:209: in function <D:\Games\mm8\Scripts\Global\Editor Navigate.lua:184>

arguments of 'GetMonster':
	p = 5363952

local variables of 'GetMonster':
	i = -276077.43209877
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x106707f0)
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x12dcfa30)
	(*temporary) = 1.5342710579532e-286
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
Thanks for the report!
My thought on it is that by reanimating the specters you eventually hit some kind of a limit, and when the Lich spawn event occurred, well... I hope you have backup saves. :D :D

Nice strategy, though! :D

Added to the Bug Tracker.

Jaojin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jaojin » 26 Dec 2019, 16:44

Templayer wrote: Thanks for the report!
My thought on it is that by reanimating the specters you eventually hit some kind of a limit, and when the Lich spawn event occurred, well... I hope you have backup saves. :D :D

Thanks, fortunately the only thing left there is the book of liches and I can just let the dungeon reset before trying that again... or just never go in there ever again (which suits me fine, dispel magic sucks).

Always keep tons of backup saves, especially when playing with something experimental... Skyrim has taught me well.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 26 Dec 2019, 18:09

Jaojin wrote:Encountered this Error in Castle Darkmoor in the room right before the Lich King. I was taking my time and reanimating/Control Undead on the specters (I assume the lichs are creating). Just as I clear out the room before the LK, several more lichs spawn in and flooding me with this error. Now, anytime I approach that room I get the popup debug console.
in the room before the lich king, there are some special tiles on the floor (they are visually different from the rest of the floor).
maybe by reviving monsters and moving around the room you have hit one/some of them when walking around.
these tiles always spawn enemys, when hit by player - i guess the error is still triggered again when you already defeated them once and trigger the tiles again
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 27 Dec 2019, 01:11

Jaojin wrote:
raekuul wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a bug with the original scripts from MM7 or if it's a bug with how MM8 handles area/dungeon respawning. I'll test unmodded MM7 and report back.

Jaojin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jaojin » 27 Dec 2019, 02:03

justl wrote:
in the room before the lich king, there are some special tiles on the floor (they are visually different from the rest of the floor).
maybe by reviving monsters and moving around the room you have hit one/some of them when walking around.
these tiles always spawn enemys, when hit by player - i guess the error is still triggered again when you already defeated them once and trigger the tiles again
I suspected that might be the case when I first spawned the three liches, but by then it was too late... too many specters had already been spawned. Now I get the error when I descend the ramp to the hallway leading up to the antechamber before that room (there are two liches in a side chamber I didn't kill) and then it gets worse as I get close to the chamber (because of all the liches in the Kings room).

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 27 Dec 2019, 15:34

Jaojin wrote:
Templayer wrote: Thanks for the report!

Thanks, fortunately the only thing left there is the book of liches and I can just let the dungeon reset before trying that again... or just never go in there ever again (which suits me fine, dispel magic sucks).

Always keep tons of backup saves, especially when playing with something experimental... Skyrim has taught me well.
Skyrim, the most overated RPG of all time.
And because I went through the "Castle of Dispel Magic" recently in my vanilla MM6 playthrough, I feel you. :D :D
:D

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 27 Dec 2019, 15:35

raekuul wrote:
Jaojin wrote:
raekuul wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a bug with the original scripts from MM7 or if it's a bug with how MM8 handles area/dungeon respawning. I'll test unmodded MM7 and report back.
Excellent. Thanks. We need more people like you! :applause: :tsup:

sai
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sai » 27 Dec 2019, 19:38

Hello guys, first of all i wanted to tell you that this project is awesome and i love it!
Last edited by sai on 27 Dec 2019, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 27 Dec 2019, 20:59

sai wrote:Hello guys, first of all i wanted to tell you that this project is awesome and i love it!
:proud:

Be sure to check the Tracker. There is also an optional modifications section on the Tracker (Character Creation Unlocker, Racial Skills, such things :P ) and a Community Branch of the Merge that has some things the Base Merge doesn't have - https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge (scroll down to the README)

wuxiangjinxing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wuxiangjinxing » 28 Dec 2019, 03:08

Templayer wrote:
sai wrote:Hello guys, first of all i wanted to tell you that this project is awesome and i love it!
:proud:

Be sure to check the Tracker. There is also an optional modifications section on the Tracker (Character Creation Unlocker, Racial Skills, such things :P ) and a Community Branch of the Merge that has some things the Base Merge doesn't have - https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge (scroll down to the README)
Could you include my summoner MOD to the tracker and community branch?

ValexAV
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ValexAV » 28 Dec 2019, 11:42

Please tell me where the teachers (Expert, Master) of the skill "Armsmaster" are (Enroth). Thanks.

Kaikhorus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaikhorus » 28 Dec 2019, 13:29

Both of the two trainers are in Free Haven. One is the Gong trader near the Mordreth quest giver, the other is in one of the homes near the boat/dock and the general trader.
Last edited by Kaikhorus on 28 Dec 2019, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”