Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby Kahooli » 09 Dec 2019, 07:38

All NPCs in Harmondale have names like "Random MapNPC [some number] [speciality]" and can't be hired:
I left the area and later used Town portal spell to get back to Harmondale. All NPCs had normal names after that, but I just noticed that all my hired NPCs have broken names now. In Erathia I noticed that NPC names may change (to Random MapNPC etc.) after loading saved game.
Last edited by Kahooli on 09 Dec 2019, 17:26, edited 6 times in total.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 09 Dec 2019, 07:40

Kahooli wrote:
Phobos wrote:If you got all the experience from quests, Learning would not affect that. It only boosts experience gained from killing monsters. I don't know about the 248 exp difference though.
The XP wasn't only from quests, of course. Cleared a lot of areas. And how one can do quests without fighting (at least while you haven't invisibility spell)?
Many of the quests can be completed without killing anyone, such as Priest, Wizard, Cavalier, Great Druid, finding Kilburn's Shield, Price Fixing and placing the statuettes on pedestals.
Last edited by Phobos on 09 Dec 2019, 07:41, edited 1 time in total.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 09 Dec 2019, 07:47

Phobos wrote:Many of the quests can be completed without killing anyone, such as Priest, Wizard, Cavalier, Great Druid, finding Kilburn's Shield, Price Fixing and placing the statuettes on pedestals.
Priest, Wizard, Cavalier, Great Druid - true, but if you haven't Fly and/or Town Portal - good luck fixing prices in Darkmoor and getting Kilburn's shield in pacifist way. Well, Darkmoor is possible - contrary to original game, fixing prices doesn't make travel impossible for the rest of the day.
Last edited by Kahooli on 09 Dec 2019, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 09 Dec 2019, 08:08

Templayer wrote:*Sigh* You DO NOT HAVE TO REGISTER THERE. You can upload images there anonymously. I do.
Ok, sorted that out, post edited. Thanks FYI.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 09 Dec 2019, 13:47

Is there any way to change the duration of training session? IMO, as it is - the whole week for a level, is too long, in original MM6 it was way better.
Just found "Large Round Crystal". I wonder what it's for?
Last edited by Kahooli on 09 Dec 2019, 16:00, edited 3 times in total.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 09 Dec 2019, 17:53

From time to time, when casting Fire Aura on different weapons, there's a sound of successful result of the spell, but the weapon have no spell effect.

majaczek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaczek » 09 Dec 2019, 19:16

how to learn Novice Dark Elf Ability/Dragon Ability/Vampire Ability/etc. ? I am trying to play with optional content, but if I create Dark Elf/dragon/vampire with non native class it starts without the skill (so I assume it have to be learned or it's a sort of bug/glitch)...

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Dec 2019, 21:23

fanasilver wrote:Report to @Templayer:
I have almost finished MM6 Enroth trip, and my team is now Thief/Hero/Priest of Light/Master Necro/Champion; my main character's status is Lv 17/86. Only the demon queen remains to be carried out. So far, only several minor bugs I encountered:

1. The Seer in Castle Ironfist. If your main character is non-promotable in Enroth (as my Thief is), the seer's hint will stuck at "I would advise that you perform the promotion quests for the six lords of Enroth until you have advanced a little further".
2. The best plate armor in Enroth (Golden Plate), when worn on MM7 and MM8 character, it will be misplaced in the paperdoll - ending up showing on the left upper hand side.
3. All the Eyes are immue to Dark Magic and Light Magic! I know in original MM6 there is no Dark/Light damage, but should it be better to make them have resistance instead of totally immunity?
4. I also encontered the infamous skill level lost bug. My main character is Leather Expert, but when I check several weeks later, I found that its Expert level is dropped to Novice. Not sure when the trigger would be.

This is my walkthru URL (in Chinese): https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6354402129 . A thrilled experience! I will start to teleport to Antagrich tomorrow, I guess..
Excellent.
By the way how does the entire Chinese thing work? If I or Rodril say something like "Hong Kong deserves freedom!" will they try to deny people access to the Merge?
I genuinely do not know how stuff works there, so I was wondering and I thought to myself that you could know more. I just heard they are really harsh with videogames...

3. Is probably not a bug but a design decision. Personally I think they could be immune to dark and resistant to light. Are they still able to dispell effects across the entire level, without having a line of sight? After you respond I will add this point to the Suggestion Tracker instead.

The skill glitch strikes again. But now based on the bug data provided, we can cast a common denominator - leather armor. It is really weird that several people reported it happening with LEATHER ARMOR specifically. Something to narrow the search for Rodril. Or perhaps raekul.

Bugs added to the Bug Tracker.

You have been added to the Credits Tracker, under the Bug Catchers Section. As was kahooli, if I didn't tell him already.
fanasilver wrote:Another interesting question: is "control cube" totally the same between Enroth and Antagrich?

You need a cube from Tomb of VARN to enter the Control Center, but in Control Center you can also find quite a few of control cubes (you even get a Super Goober award - hear the laughters from JVC!). However, you can get a copy of cube in MM7 advisor's quest.

I was wondering if the cube obtained from MM7 can be used to unlock the Control Center, and you can submit a copy from the Center in MM7..?
I think those are two standalone items that have the same sprite index, but I could be wrong on that. Feel free to test it and report any bugs encountered by the multidimensional exploitation effort. :D
Kahooli wrote:Is there any way to change the duration of training session? IMO, as it is - the whole week for a level, is too long, in original MM6 it was way better.
Just found "Large Round Crystal". I wonder what it's for?
Not as simple I think. It can be coded in lua, that's sure. I think. :D
I will add this to the Suggestion Tracker.

The Large Round Crystal is for the secret fourth storyline that connects the continents.
Kahooli wrote:All NPCs in Harmondale have names like "Random MapNPC [some number] [speciality]" and can't be hired:
I left the area and later used Town portal spell to get back to Harmondale. All NPCs had normal names after that, but I just noticed that all my hired NPCs have broken names now. In Erathia I noticed that NPC names may change (to Random MapNPC etc.) after loading saved game.
Kahooli wrote:From time to time, when casting Fire Aura on different weapons, there's a sound of successful result of the spell, but the weapon have no spell effect.
Added to the Bug Tracker.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Dec 2019, 21:29

majaczek wrote:how to learn Novice Dark Elf Ability/Dragon Ability/Vampire Ability/etc. ? I am trying to play with optional content, but if I create Dark Elf/dragon/vampire with non native class it starts without the skill (so I assume it have to be learned or it's a sort of bug/glitch)...
You will either have to use the Racial Skills modification (also under optional content), but some NPCs now teach those skills. I do not remember which ones, though. If you make a list, I will add it to the Tracker. You can also edit the text file with the table of skills learned at the start of the game by classes, and force the class to learn such a skill. That way will however only work as long as you only have that class once in your team (because if you had a Vampire Sorcerer and a Human Sorcerer, and then wrote into the table that a Sorcerer should get base Vampire Abilities, then they would both get it).

There is way too much content for me to remember... anything, really. :D

I also do not remember if the most recent version of the Racial Skills makes you learn those at start - there was an extension to that recently that allowed more values with different meanings in the table.

Racial Skills are skills bound to race instead of class.
I.e. what the developers of MM8 originally wanted to do, before running out of time and having to scrap everything into a hodgepodge mishmash of a race/class system.

EDIT: If you have trouble finding the teachers or using other methods, I can give you console commands to learn those skills at normal with 1 point in.
Last edited by Templayer on 09 Dec 2019, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 09 Dec 2019, 23:58

Sometimes, when you go to town center to claim current bounty, after first click you get info about this month bounty, and after second click you get "somebody already claimed it". I didn't pay attention if you're getting gold - I suppose not, because there's no corresponding sound, but you get reputation point.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 10 Dec 2019, 00:36

After playing first time and winning in arcomage in the tavern in Blackshire, I didn't get any gold.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 10 Dec 2019, 11:34

Kahooli wrote:Party used two fountains in White Cap (+5 endurance, death and +5 might, death). Later I took one more PC from training center and those fountains just killed him without giving stat points.
my explanation for that behaviour:
the well only "remembers" if character 1-5 already has drunk from it.
when you switch 1-4 (slots 2-5) members in the party they still are character 1 to 5 - so the fountain says "no, you are char 5, you already drunk. DIE muahahaha"
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 10 Dec 2019, 11:39

fanasilver wrote: 4. I also encontered the infamous skill level lost bug. My main character is Leather Expert, but when I check several weeks later, I found that its Expert level is dropped to Novice. Not sure when the trigger would be.

This is my walkthru URL (in Chinese): https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6354402129 . A thrilled experience! I will start to teleport to Antagrich tomorrow, I guess..
im pretty sure it happened due to an update of the merge - if you have altered your skill table manually the next update will overwrite it, making an expert a novice with a skill.
if not ... well its in the bug tracker
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 10 Dec 2019, 15:56

justl wrote:
Kahooli wrote:Party used two fountains in White Cap (+5 endurance, death and +5 might, death). Later I took one more PC from training center and those fountains just killed him without giving stat points.
when you switch 1-4 (slots 2-5) members in the party they still are character 1 to 5 - so the fountain says "no, you are char 5, you already drunk. DIE muahahaha"
Probably you're right, though Shrine of the Gods works as it should.
Last edited by Kahooli on 10 Dec 2019, 17:59, edited 3 times in total.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 10 Dec 2019, 16:29

Kahooli wrote:
justl wrote:
Probably you're right, though with Shrine if the Gods it works as it should.
There is indeed something wrong with these fountains, at least the endurance one. They sometimes refuse to work even if nobody drunk from them before and I haven't been able to figure out why. There may be a time limit that prevents you from gaining a bonus if enough in-game time has passed, or maybe there's something that makes it harder for characters from other continents to get the bonus. The fountains seem to work when I start in Enroth and make my way to White Cap quite quickly but they can fail if I start on another continent. I'm also pretty sure there is some stat limit like 30, after which you can't get the bonus.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 10 Dec 2019, 17:58

The Contest of Endurance in Barrow Downs doesn't work too ("you already won" message), like one in Erathia.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 10 Dec 2019, 20:31

Kahooli wrote:Sometimes, when you go to town center to claim current bounty, after first click you get info about this month bounty, and after second click you get "somebody already claimed it". I didn't pay attention if you're getting gold - I suppose not, because there's no corresponding sound, but you get reputation point.
Kahooli wrote:After playing first time and winning in arcomage in the tavern in Blackshire, I didn't get any gold.
Phobos wrote:
Kahooli wrote:
justl wrote:
Probably you're right, though with Shrine if the Gods it works as it should.
There is indeed something wrong with these fountains, at least the endurance one. They sometimes refuse to work even if nobody drunk from them before and I haven't been able to figure out why. There may be a time limit that prevents you from gaining a bonus if enough in-game time has passed, or maybe there's something that makes it harder for characters from other continents to get the bonus. The fountains seem to work when I start in Enroth and make my way to White Cap quite quickly but they can fail if I start on another continent. I'm also pretty sure there is some stat limit like 30, after which you can't get the bonus.
Kahooli wrote:The Contest of Endurance in Barrow Downs doesn't work too ("you already won" message), like one in Erathia.
Added / updated in the Bug Tracker.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 11 Dec 2019, 03:43

Can anybody clarify the way promotion system is working? "Promotions Visual Guide", if I understood it correctly, shows that Master Wizard from MM6 can become Archmage and after that Master Necromancer (and vice versa), and later Lich. Similar thing with High Priest from MM6. I wonder how it's implemented, taking in consideration the fact that in MM7 Archmage and Master Necro are mutually exclusive. Just want to know what current party may potentially become.
Last edited by Kahooli on 11 Dec 2019, 06:19, edited 2 times in total.

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 11 Dec 2019, 13:13

Kahooli wrote:Can anybody clarify the way promotion system is working? "Promotions Visual Guide", if I understood it correctly, shows that Master Wizard from MM6 can become Archmage and after that Master Necromancer (and vice versa), and later Lich. Similar thing with High Priest from MM6. I wonder how it's implemented, taking in consideration the fact that in MM7 Archmage and Master Necro are mutually exclusive. Just want to know what current party may potentially become.
Your understanding is correct. You can "promote" from Arch Mage to Master Necro from Dark/Light guild membership people (Both in Blackshire) when they ask you to choose side. They're still mutually exclusive in sense that the character will forget the opposing side magic skill entirely so going from Master Necro to Arch Mage would result in losing Dark Magic and gaining equal skill in Light Magic, including Mastery level. You can switch them around as much as you please by just saying Yes to the side change though the player input for it might still be buggy and you need to do it several times to work. Do take into consideration that when you forget a spell skill, you also lose all spells for it.

Edit. Regarding party potential, you can mix them up as you like, you can have Villains with Priest of Light and so on, the alignment is for individual characters, not your entire party.
Last edited by Thonkerton on 11 Dec 2019, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 11 Dec 2019, 17:04

Thonkerton wrote:Your understanding is correct. You can "promote" from Arch Mage to Master Necro from Dark/Light guild membership people (Both in Blackshire) when they ask you to choose side. They're still mutually exclusive in sense that the character will forget the opposing side magic skill entirely so going from Master Necro to Arch Mage would result in losing Dark Magic and gaining equal skill in Light Magic, including Mastery level. You can switch them around as much as you please by just saying Yes to the side change though the player input for it might still be buggy and you need to do it several times to work. Do take into consideration that when you forget a spell skill, you also lose all spells for it.

Edit. Regarding party potential, you can mix them up as you like, you can have Villains with Priest of Light and so on, the alignment is for individual characters, not your entire party.
Thank you for detailed answer!

Return to “Might and Magic”