Bug reports

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 13 May 2015, 20:02

Another one: Divine Intervention doesn't work on dead heroes outside of combat, even though it's listed as something you can use on the adventure map and it explicitly states it revives dead heroes, and actually does a sound effect and takes spell points when used (regular healing spells don't activate saying there's nothing to heal).

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 13 May 2015, 21:30

GreatEmerald wrote:Another one: Divine Intervention doesn't work on dead heroes outside of combat, even though it's listed as something you can use on the adventure map and it explicitly states it revives dead heroes, and actually does a sound effect and takes spell points when used (regular healing spells don't activate saying there's nothing to heal).
Yes, this seems like a proper bug. Probably DI should not be castable outside combat.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 14 May 2015, 07:36

Dalai wrote:Yes, this seems like a proper bug. Probably DI should not be castable outside combat.
I'd rather it was the other way round, but I get the technical difficulty in getting a portable temple working :)

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 14 May 2015, 09:24

GreatEmerald wrote:I'd rather it was the other way round, but I get the technical difficulty in getting a portable temple working :)
Imagine your disappointment when you play for Haven and discover this spell in the only Magic Guild available to you.

In multiplayer you don't have the luxury of having all level 5 spells available to you.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Slavax
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Slavax » 14 May 2015, 17:53

I have found propably a bug: Banish is not listed as damaging spell in spellbook (the same for Hand of Death).

Question: it is possible to give Sparks a multi-target mode? I know that it can hurt enemies nearby, but additional red circles will be a nice and useful addition.

There are also things which bothers me in creatures mana:
* Nighmare has 10 (Terror requires 8),
* Angel has 14 (Resurrection requires 12),
* Phoenix has 14 (Rebirth requires 12),
* Satyr has 8 (2 uses of Mitrh requires 6),
* Devil has 10 (Summon Ice Demon requires 8),

Is this a protection from Imps or something? If yes, it really hurts Imps, because they are very weak even without this. Also, Dark Champion and Leprechan are having a proper mana (24 and 3 respectively).

Additionally I will repeat things which were posted earlier: Cancellation ALWAYS works, even with 100% MR and freezing attack (like from Frost Hammer) sometimes stops heroes from doing a second attack when they have Grandmaster Melee (see Doggwogle).

I hope that my thoughts will be useful when making a new version. Also sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 14 May 2015, 22:04

Hmm, looks like those values are from Equilibris, that's not how it is in the stock game. Also, with Magic Amplifier you'd get something close to being able to cast the spells twice, but just not enough aside from Satyrs, hmm. (Also, my first thought was that you had it on, but the numbers don't actually match, so that's not it...)

Slavax
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Slavax » 14 May 2015, 22:53

Yes, I am talking about Equilibris. Those new mana values are irritating me, because in vanilla game this problem was nonexistent.

Also suggestions for class bonuses (again, it's based on Equilibris game):
* Why Guildmaster (Nobility + Scouting) is ignoring magic resistance? This makes no sense in my opinion, because naturally this class has no acces to spells. I suggest to bring back stun and attack bonus, maybe raised to +15,
* Beast Lord and Beastmaster bonuses are nearly useless. I suggest giving them bonuses to ALL Nature summoming spells (+20% and +10% respectively),
* Why Summomer bonus was nerfed? It was too strong?

I hope that my suggestions will be useful and I am really looking forward the new Equilibris! :-D

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 15 May 2015, 14:21

Slavax wrote:Is this a protection from Imps or something? If yes, it really hurts Imps, because they are very weak even without this. Also, Dark Champion and Leprechan are having a proper mana (24 and 3 respectively).
Yes, it's protection from 1 stack of imps for 1 turn. In 2 stacks or on 2-nd turn imps will drain enough mana to cripple caster. Imps are not weak, they drain mana and they are fast - perfect meat shields or shooter blockers. You just should not attack with imps directly - you have skeletons and necromancy for that.
Slavax wrote:Also suggestions for class bonuses
This thread is for vanilla and Equilibris bugs, not suggestions or strategy discussion.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 25 May 2015, 22:29

Two more things to point out, although I doubt anything can be done about either:
  1. In castle sieges, pressing near towers often causes creatures to accidentally go up them. The worst part is that it also applies even if at the start of the creature's turn you were on that same tower to begin with. That happened to me once with black dragons: their flying animation played and it looked like they landed on the ground, and then bam, suddenly teleported right back up the tower, wasting a turn.
  2. Even in battles of 1 hero vs 1 hero, you are allowed to use surrender. Donation button! :D

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Bug reports

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 24 Nov 2015, 19:36

This may be more of a limitation than a bug, but here goes:

It seems the $(variable) notation for displayed events isn't loaded for continuous events immediately after a battle. It shows "0" for all numeric variables even though some are not "0".

For example, I have a continuous event on a hero that checks for a certain experience level to be reached. Once reached, it displays the values of each of the hero's custom skills, which show as all 0's, even though some of them have been populated.

If the level is reached on the adventure map, then all works fine, so it must be something to do with the context switch between adventure map and battle.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 27 Nov 2015, 20:40

I think this is related to 'continious' scripts having to be triggered by an action such as interacting with an adventure object (or engaging a battle?), and winning a battle might not trigger such interaction, hence the continious script doesn't run. suggestion is to also consider the use of victorious script along continious.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 27 Nov 2015, 23:22

The continuous script definitely triggers. I've tested it on the adventure map as well with the experience monoliths. The continuous script will trigger, and the $(variable)'s all have the proper values in them. They are, however, always 0 if the hero gains a level after a battle when the continuous script triggers.

I've also noticed that this bug (or limitation) is also on timed events on day 1 (haven't tested on later days though it would be easy to just repeat a timed event).

It would also be REALLY cool if the $(variable) thing worked on hero bios, but sadly, they all show up as 0's there, too :( I was looking for a good way to show the player the level of their custom skills, and the hero bio would be PERFECT :(

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 29 Nov 2015, 21:56

I think Maciek proved you could use the Hero's name instead of Bio. You can change the name of hired heroes in game.
I'm not sure if a sign can be used but otherwise you could use a questhut to display the progress.
It would also be most obvious if the continous script runs after battles. But it is indeed odd that it resets to 0 ;|
on a site note, I've experienced that displayed variables using the script, sometimes lack the last letter if you write a text after the $(variable)..

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 29 Nov 2015, 23:24

Hmmm, you're right I remember Maciek in the Megom Chronicles thread mentioning he used the name $(rushpoints) or whatever and it updated as the variable changed. How would that work with carryover heroes? I guess I could try it, but that would solve one of the issues I wanted to solve.. at least on the Equilibris version :D I'm not sure how I'm going to do show the player their custom skill stats in the WoW version.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 02 Dec 2015, 14:21

using a quest hut :-) I'll mail it to ya'

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 02 Dec 2015, 21:27

When I named the hero $(rushpoints) or whatever, I could only see the real value of the variable when right clicking the hero's portrait on army list on adventure map (if the hero was leading an army), but not anywhere else. Everywhere else there was either a zero displayed or $(rushpoints).
Derrick wrote:I'm not sure how I'm going to do show the player their custom skill stats in the WoW version.
You could use resources. (first save the actual resources in variables first so that you can restore them later) Not my idea, seen it in some map long ago...
Found it, "Nosferatu: Blood of the Ancients" campaign by Thomas Robenhagen, map 2, coordinates (130,110,2) and map 3, coordinates (299,152,2).

Medway
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Medway » 15 Aug 2017, 16:55

Hi with Equilibris mod installed when I go to a shop that allows multiple items to be purchased the arrows that allow to increase or decrease each item amount don't appear.

This works OK on the un-modded version. I've tried it on both a laptop and Desktop (both running Win 7 x64) and windowed and fullscreen.

Cheers

zingar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zingar » 30 Jun 2019, 15:27

phoenix AI seems bugged to me. many times they just skip turns and they dont do anything at all and let me kill them. only creature i noticed such behaviour

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Jun 2019, 16:25

? I will relay your question to Equi team. Especially because I think that this error is here for a pretty much longer time.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

CTPAHHuK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CTPAHHuK » 09 Dec 2019, 06:04

zingar wrote:phoenix AI seems bugged to me. many times they just skip turns and they dont do anything at all and let me kill them. only creature i noticed such behaviour
Yep, the problem with use resurection

Return to “Equilibris”